Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

It's not going into that garage to get fixed, that's for sure. Logically the only reason is to hide it from someone, either from parents or the police. There's absolutely zero reason you would drive it away from whatever happened to crush the front wheel other than fleeing the scene. Of course we're talking about a Cayenne driver here so logic might be out the window.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Linedance posted:

Or alcoholism.

InitialDave posted:

"I have drunkenly engaged in a hit and run, I shall now attempt to evade prosecution by drunkenly hiding my car somewhere it doesn't fit"

drat it you guys nailed it; also I just rememberd wealthy Chinese mainlanders are hoovering Vancouver property.

MetaJew posted:

Can anyone translate what the lady is saying?

I can understand mandarin but this is some funky dialect, accent is very thick; there are tons of completely impenetrable dialects that even wealthy people speak like Shanghainese

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010

Gorson posted:

It's not going into that garage to get fixed, that's for sure. Logically the only reason is to hide it from someone, either from parents or the police. There's absolutely zero reason you would drive it away from whatever happened to crush the front wheel other than fleeing the scene. Of course we're talking about a Cayenne driver here so logic might be out the window.

http://vancouversun.com/storyline/video-of-horrible-parking-job-helps-police-nab-suspected-hit-and-run-driver

Never have kids.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

I love the so Canadian "just about got it!" after the first crunch.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

thechalkoutline posted:

drat it you guys nailed it; also I just rememberd wealthy Chinese mainlanders are hoovering Vancouver property.

I can understand mandarin but this is some funky dialect, accent is very thick; there are tons of completely impenetrable dialects that even wealthy people speak like Shanghainese

My girlfriend said it was Canto, so we need a Honk Kong goon up in here.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

MetaJew posted:

Honk Kong goon

Lmao

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

quote:

The 16-year-old boy behind the wheel of the Porsche didn’t have a driver’s licence.

So right on the hit & run, but not drunk, just irl GTA parking

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Yerok posted:

Yeah, a healthy 6BT with a VE pump. It's a 2WD single axle, single cab so it scales at like 5300 pounds with a full tank and two passengers. Previous owner spent a bunch of money on some injectors, different exhaust housing, and pump tuning so it's hilariously fun to drive and pulls really well. When I picked it up it came with a Dana 70 built by some fleet service company with a 4.10 ring and pinion and some unknown posi carrier and it would spin the tires in every gear. I went back to stock gearing and now it's perfect. It's pretty much just an old truck that'll happily do interstate driving (other than horrible cabin noise). Also someone painted it metal flaked poo poo brown at some point. :q:

My dad has roughly the same truck but 4x4, and a 2011 maybe with a Cummins as well, which seems insane but he likes the simple 89 for work duty. Pulls all day gets great fuel economy, doesn't have anything fancy to break. Pure truck right there.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sorry, couldn't find without text.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Powershift posted:

Sorry, couldn't find without text.

Holy poo poo. :stare:

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Bottom line says "now you've seen it all"

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

AFewBricksShy posted:

I pass this on my way home. It's so terrible, it may just come around to being awesome.

This owns. Anything that references the Bakshi Lord of the Rings movie is awesome. Although I'm curious what the car has to do with Gandalf.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Soarer posted:

Bottom line says "now you've seen it all"

The top word is just slang for "spacers".

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

DarkSol posted:

Although I'm curious what the car has to do with Gandalf.

You shall not pass...?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

DarkSol posted:

This owns. Anything that references the Bakshi Lord of the Rings movie is awesome. Although I'm curious what the car has to do with Gandalf.
The driver is a wizard's sleeve.

Jo3sh
Oct 19, 2002

Like all girls I love unicorns!

InitialDave posted:

The driver is a wizard's sleeve.

O, the wizard's staff has a knob on the end.
It does! It does!
It does!
O, the wizard's staff has a knob on the end
And the wizard's staff is the wizard's friend.
It is! It is!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Jo3sh posted:

It does! It does!
It does!
O, the wizard's staff has a knob on the end
And the wizard's staff is the wizard's friend.
It is! It is!

And now I need to read some pratchett.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

And now I need to read some pratchett.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Wasn't quite sure where to put this one, might be the wrong thread.

That's puuuuuuuuuuuuuure Michigan

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Brotherhood, starring Beowulf, Sir Lancelot, Captain Hook, Jesus, Grizzly Adams, Sam Elliott, and some Hell's Angels rando

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Is that a White Supremacist tailgate?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Want to pick up new car and it just needs plates. Since I am in MA that means the insurance company needs to stamp a form to show I have insurance so the dealer can sort the plates out. Of course my insurance monkeys stamp it with the date of tomorrow meaning the dealer can't get plates today unless I call them and sit on hold for an hour while they try to find someone in the shadowy pigeon holing council to stamp a new registration form with a correct date so I can get plates to put on the car so I can drive it. Of course the RMV is not open tomorrow for plate issuing so if it is not solved today it means I can't get the car until Monday.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

It's pretty clearly a Macan :colbert:

Journos, amirite?

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

dreesemonkey posted:

It's pretty clearly a Macan :colbert:

Journos, amirite?

It's a Cayenne, you can't really mistake those scrambled egg tailights for anything else.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

BigPaddy posted:

Want to pick up new car and it just needs plates. Since I am in MA that means the insurance company needs to stamp a form to show I have insurance so the dealer can sort the plates out. Of course my insurance monkeys stamp it with the date of tomorrow meaning the dealer can't get plates today unless I call them and sit on hold for an hour while they try to find someone in the shadowy pigeon holing council to stamp a new registration form with a correct date so I can get plates to put on the car so I can drive it. Of course the RMV is not open tomorrow for plate issuing so if it is not solved today it means I can't get the car until Monday.

Agent or direct?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Direct

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

BigPaddy posted:

No poo poo this exact clusterfuck is why I had to leave for a wheeling trip in Indiana Thursday morning in early 2012 instead of Wednesday night. As a result I missed the first whole day of the event.

gently caress the RMV, gently caress our ridiculous insurance system (the form's bullshit, if the RMV wasn't in the dark ages they could just query the insurance database to figure out if you had insurance on the vehicle by VIN, just like the police systems do), and gently caress everything about how mass handles autos.

Also, the Worcester RMV is a circus and the Southbridge one aint much better.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

When I had my driving test (since there is no UK to US license conversion) I went to the RMV in Wilmington and the instructor was one of these guys who was an ex state trooper so he spent 7 minutes screaming at me then signed the temp license as passed and ran out the car slamming the door on the way out. It was very bizarre. Issue with the registration form is sorted now so can go get it in about an hour. Having to do an inspection on a brand new car is another of those weird things.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Throatwarbler posted:

It's a Cayenne, you can't really mistake those scrambled egg tailights for anything else.

My bad. Didn't look quite so big to me? Oh well, it's Friday and I've stopped giving a poo poo :)

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

V6 Automatic Mustang isn't really terrible car stuff, but showing off your milk cap rotors absolutely is.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Jonny Nox posted:

V6 Automatic Mustang isn't really terrible car stuff,

Lol

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

They painted it on the wrong body panel! :haw:

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

IOwnCalculus posted:

They painted it on the wrong body panel! :haw:

More people can see it there than on the hood!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Saw this on the morning on the brexit.

:britain:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Slavvy posted:

Saw this on the morning on the brexit.

:britain:

Why do you get EU style plates in New Zealand?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CharlesM posted:

Not from here anymore, at least.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I mean, you're on an island... :P

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

CharlesM posted:

Because they look better on European cars than our normal plates which are much shorter.

You have to pay like $400 extra for them though which is probably more than that Rover is worth now.

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009

Jonny Nox posted:

V6 Automatic Mustang isn't really terrible car stuff, but showing off your milk cap rotors absolutely is.

I see a tarted up Charger at my gym like this occasionally. Hemi orange with skunk stripes. A wrap I think. Similar pattern wheels but slightly thinner spokes. Itty bitty brakes betray the base model it actually is.\

Edit addendum... Am I the crazy one? You spend a non trivial amount of money to put new wheels and tires on for largely aesthetic purposes while accentuating tiny brakes. Am I/are we outliers since we know what we are looking at and others don't see the flaw?

Bogatyr fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jun 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Bogatyr posted:

Edit addendum... Am I the crazy one? You spend a non trivial amount of money to put new wheels and tires on for largely aesthetic purposes while accentuating tiny brakes. Am I/are we outliers since we know what we are looking at and others don't see the flaw?

Yes, I think you are an outlier. Frankly, at least 75% of the general public would not even know or ponder what the funny round disc behind the wheel does at all. And of the 25% who knows it might have something to do with brakes, they wouldn't realize or notice that the brake disc being small relative to the wheel means anything negative or problematic. Frankly, most of these cars are driven in day to day situations where the small stock brakes are functionally adequate, and probably far superior to what passed for brakes even as recently as 20 years ago. Appearance/image/style >>> actual performance or function in almost every application where humans are allowed to make a decision.