Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

staberind posted:

Meanwhile, If I feel particularly creative later, I might make a "Shut up little man" mod for the longs.

Oh god yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Nuebot posted:

I forgot about the awful yellow color for the power armor HUD. Is there one to let me change it? I don't really want one of those complete UI makeovers or anything. I just don't want this pale piss yellow anymore.

Isn't that just in the options menu? Thought there was a pipboy color and power armor color setting.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Falcon2001 posted:

Isn't that just in the options menu? Thought there was a pipboy color and power armor color setting.

There is a pip boy and a HUD setting, not sure if either affect power armor HUD.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Seashell Salesman posted:

There is a pip boy and a HUD setting, not sure if either affect power armor HUD.

Neither do. You have to get a mod for it.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Anyone know if ENBoost is just absolutely required for FO4 like it is for the Skyrams?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Nah, I imagine ENBoost for FO4 was created because the engine is similar enough (to Skyrim's) that it's an easy hack to recreate. I'm pretty technically proficient, but I can still only barely make out the description page; as far as I can tell there are only one setting in ENBoost that does anything:

VideoMemorySizeMb- A setting that hardcodes (into memory) a number that is a bizzare combination of VRAM + system RAM, for instance 16GB RAM users should set it to 10,000 but this still doesn't take into account VRAM size. The purpose of this hack is almost entirely to prevent pagefile usage so that HDD (or SSD too) speeds don't bottleneck performance. However, setting this value too high for your system will almost certainly create its own problems.

The other settings don't seem to do much:

DisableFakeLights - Probably a nice small performance fix that disables some lights on characters. Maybe the same as "cl off" ini setting?
ApplyStabilityPatch - Goes back to Skyrim days, probably does not affect much if anything any more, author admits "is almost useless for some users"
ForceVSync - Works different than the vsync that comes with the game apparently
EnableFPSLimit - Like vsync, already in the game settings.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I wish it didn't do anything at all so I didn't have the name of a pompous homophobic shitlord come up every time I launch the game

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Ya well ENB itself is pretty great and now I can't even look at the vanilla game without sperging out about ambient occlusion

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

FlyinPingu posted:

I wish it didn't do anything at all so I didn't have the name of a pompous homophobic shitlord come up every time I launch the game

What's the story here?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

he launches the game through steam

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Deified Data posted:

What's the story here?

The guy who made/maintains ENB series has posted homophobic rants on his website more than once.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Reposting from page 12, 'cos I really like the look of the mod:

CommissarMega posted:

Anyone tried out the Rebuilt Prewar Houses Series? I thought the Power Armour cell reset bug was fixed, but these mods seem to indicate it hasn't.

Should I just store my PA at places unaffected by the mod to escape the mod?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Thankfully ENB doesn't cost anything and you can post online about how the Russian piece of poo poo is a homophobic shitlord all you want, spreading Boris Vorontsov's name in infamy. Seriously, gently caress him. Also, gently caress this stutter I'm getting that will NOT go away no matter what I do with nVidia's control panel's vsync settings, iFPSClamp, iPresentInterval, and bBorderless. God damnit.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
So did Contraptions break any mods? I have a lot of mods.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

CommissarMega posted:

I run that mod. I haven't stored _anything_ at any of his recreated houses. The mod page does list a mod that supposedly fixes the issue by recreating every container in every settlement, but I've not bothered to try it.

Solid Poopsnake posted:

So did Contraptions break any mods? I have a lot of mods.

Not that I can see, and I too run quite a bunch of mods. Wasteland Workshop added a new category to the main settlement menu (Cages) which affected things like Home Maker, Expanded Settlements, OCDecorator, but Contraptions only adds submenus. Overall, I don't think there were any conflicts for me.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Boris Voronstov is a stupid rear end in a top hat but his code works pretty well. You can separate his politics from his work, just like you can with authors and artists.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Otacon posted:

Not that I can see, and I too run quite a bunch of mods. Wasteland Workshop added a new category to the main settlement menu (Cages) which affected things like Home Maker, Expanded Settlements, OCDecorator, but Contraptions only adds submenus. Overall, I don't think there were any conflicts for me.

Yeah, I haven't seen any conflicts either

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Anyone using Expanded Contraptions:
Can you post your factory build?

The recycler is still not working for me no matter what I try (yes it is powered and the belt is moving) but doesn't produce any components.
I feel like I'm missing something.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Not that anyone else cares, but thank god for this: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1543988-a-data-vault-of-tweaks-and-fixes-for-the-pc-version/ I was able to fix my stuttering and screen tearing and vsync poo poo with the combination of poo poo on there.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Inzombiac posted:

Anyone using Expanded Contraptions:
Can you post your factory build?

The recycler is still not working for me no matter what I try (yes it is powered and the belt is moving) but doesn't produce any components.
I feel like I'm missing something.

If you mean Manufacturing Extended then I'm using it and the recycler does work, it just seems to get a little tied up when stuff like ammo goes through it. I watched it for five or ten minutes and it would go a minute at a time doing nothing and then poo poo out a bunch of aluminum or whatever. Sometimes the press goes up and down to no effect too. Mine is basically a vacuum hopper feeding the recycler and then a sorter that sends what I want down the line and the rest back into a storage hopper. I tried using a workshop storage hopper for the end of the line but it seemed to start looping raw materials through the recycler.

PS if you aren't using Manufacturing Extended you really ought to. It does a lot of poo poo the base DLC ought to have done in the first place.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

CommissarMega posted:

I think I read somewhere that power armor frames purchased from vendors aren't affected by the cell reset bug. Buy some and put your pieces on there, I guess. I've never tested it though.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Oh, I actually use Buildable Power Armor Frames and scrap/remake all my frames.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6698/

Also there's an optional setting to allow you to craft them from scrap

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Is there any way to completely get rid of the power armor fuel, enter, exit, and workbench use animations? I've officially seen them enough times and am ready to move on to the phase in my life where I never see them again.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Just got a two shot gauss (via save scumming out the rear end after finishing the main plot of Far Harbor) and it's like the hand of god smiting your foes. First gun to not make me miss my Overseer's Gaurdian when I run out of 308. Vats Enhanced radium rifle was the best substitute from OG I'd found in the meantime. But it still meant that I only wanted to use the same weapon (OG) for like 85% of the time that I played the game, which is maybe not the greatest game design.

Pretty pumped about the Vault Tec DLC though. I think I've been waiting since FO1 for this and have put my massive concrete debacle at the movie theater on hold until it comes out.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
yeahh I'm pretty much waiting to play anymore for the vault dlc

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I dunno that looks p. interesting, but I like the idea of playing as a raider. roll on nuka world.

Seashell Salesman posted:

Is there any way to completely get rid of the power armor fuel, enter, exit, and workbench use animations? I've officially seen them enough times and am ready to move on to the phase in my life where I never see them again.

you can speed up/use different anims for the pa, but the rest?
hm, set pa fuel cell use to 0, so you only need to put one in each pa frame once.
I have no idea about the workshop anims, but perhaps speeding them up might help.
similarly, when you talk to some slaves farmers and they gently caress about a bit before snapping to attention for their ubermench.

Otacon posted:

Oh, I actually use Buildable Power Armor Frames and scrap/remake all my frames.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/6698/

Also there's an optional setting to allow you to craft them from scrap
this plus melting any and every container and making your own negates most of the effects of the cell reset bug, however, I think there are so other odd things like power-lines or some crap vanish that's guaranteed to piss on your kellogs.

staberind fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 24, 2016

Found Sound
Jun 8, 2010

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4408/ has options for quick animations or instant animations for power armor. No idea about workbenches though.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

boneration posted:

If you mean Manufacturing Extended then I'm using it and the recycler does work, it just seems to get a little tied up when stuff like ammo goes through it. I watched it for five or ten minutes and it would go a minute at a time doing nothing and then poo poo out a bunch of aluminum or whatever. Sometimes the press goes up and down to no effect too. Mine is basically a vacuum hopper feeding the recycler and then a sorter that sends what I want down the line and the rest back into a storage hopper. I tried using a workshop storage hopper for the end of the line but it seemed to start looping raw materials through the recycler.

PS if you aren't using Manufacturing Extended you really ought to. It does a lot of poo poo the base DLC ought to have done in the first place.

That's what I meant.
For me it takes in almost everything and then, after a while, vomits them all out the other end having not extracted anything.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

boneration posted:

I had a look at it, it says it can recycle humans. I want so bad to click on someone and then click on that.... thing, and have the say "okay," or "on it" and just climb in to be recycled.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You have to drag their bodies up to the infeed belt but yeah...
Reminds me of a really bad nightmare I had as a kid.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

staberind posted:

I dunno that looks p. interesting, but I like the idea of playing as a raider. roll on nuka world.

Even if it were nothing but the same cuntstruction poo poo but in a vault, I'd be excited. I had pretty little interest in making massive wood and garbage cities initially. Then the "concrete and steel" DLC came out and I got interested enough that I started farting around with steel and concrete monstrosities. But a vault? That's what I want. Not even going to touch contraptions until vaults come out.

TBF though I wasn't real excited about being a loin cloth wearing unwashed villager when FO2 came out, either. I might be a bit classist.

Nuka world will be pretty awesome as well, I hope/assume. Supposed to be closer in price to Far Harbor than the Mechanist, so I have hopes.

I'll be a bit bummed if that's the end of it, though. Would happily pay more for some "this isn't a DLC so not covered under the pass, this is an expansion", or some handing off of the IP to another studio to make FO 4.5.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Anyone have a copy of resurrection someplace? Looks like the guy took it down

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

Azhais posted:

Would it be considered :filez: ?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/660/

WHAT is the obsession MLP fans/Bronies have with replacing everything good and right in the world with their stupid loving autistic's fetish. God drat it. This and Fallout Equestria infuriate me on a very deep level, as a Fallout fan.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
What's the best way to move a shitton of stuff from one settlement to another? Is there a linked inventory or something?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Falcon2001 posted:

What's the best way to move a shitton of stuff from one settlement to another? Is there a linked inventory or something?

Supply lines with Local Leader will let junk be used in other stations, and allows excess food/water at one settlement feed another, but you can't deposit in one settlement and withdraw in another, it's virtual.

If you actually want to bulk move everything, waiting til you have access to vertibirds works nicely.

It also works passably to send settlers from all over the place to the settlement you want to clear out, loading them up, then reassigning them to the place you want everything. They can only carry like 100wt each, but it can add up.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

Azhais posted:

Check PM

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Apoplexy posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/660/

WHAT is the obsession MLP fans/Bronies have with replacing everything good and right in the world with their stupid loving autistic's fetish. God drat it. This and Fallout Equestria infuriate me on a very deep level, as a Fallout fan.

The Fallout 4 perk system isn't good or right so this is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Falcon2001 posted:

I know this one!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10967/ Basement Living

This mod gives you nine hatches you can build at any settlement which leads to its own special cell - each basement cell is linked to your parent settlements workbench.

You can only have ONE of each specific basement, and if you rebuild the hatch, the entire basement you've built will move instantly from one settlement to another.

So what I'd do is install this mod, go to Settlement A, build a hatch (Storage Warehouse is the largest one, I think?) and go inside. Create a container, and move everything from your workbench inside the container. Once you've deposited everything, exit your basement, head over to Settlement B, and build the same basement - the hatch will remove itself from Settlement A, and recreate itself in Settlement B, effectively moving everything from one settlement to another instantly.

I moved 15 power armor frames, which, while tedious, was nothing compared to what the game would have had me do without mods.

Plus, you can totally deck out a really decent basement to escape those rad storms or pesky settlers.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jun 24, 2016