Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

drat it feels good to fly with Vader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
I'm up vs ro5s right now! star wars x wang, password lljk

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

canyoneer posted:

drat it feels good to fly with Vader

Red 2 didn't get shot down
:goonsay:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

General Battuta posted:

I'm up vs ro5s right now! star wars x wang, password lljk

So this happened:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
At that point, I'd hit that flip table button.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Admiral Joeslop posted:

So this happened:

At least it wasn't three crits I suppose.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Bad dice and being outflown mean General Barttula wins our league game 100-0.

Are we too late to change lists for week 7?

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Canyonero v Aramoro happening now. Host is SA xwings, password is lljk

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Anyone who says Wedge is bad is wrong. :colbert: His ability's nowhere near as good as a built-in Crack Shot (which is I believe strictly superior at removing evade results, especially with the bonus of requiring token overspends?) but it is still dope as hell.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
If TLTs had been in the trench Vader wouldn't have stood a chance.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

General Battuta posted:

Anyone who says Wedge is bad is wrong. :colbert: His ability's nowhere near as good as a built-in Crack Shot (which is I believe strictly superior at removing evade results, especially with the bonus of requiring token overspends?) but it is still dope as hell.

It's not bad, it's just not as game breaking as Biggs's or Wes's abilities. And, I guess this is mostly a build thing, but he's usually built to be a living missile, and so he's not that hard to wipe out.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Eimi posted:

It's not bad, it's just not as game breaking as Biggs's or Wes's abilities. And, I guess this is mostly a build thing, but he's usually built to be a living missile, and so he's not that hard to wipe out.

Fly him next to Biggs and you've got the best of both! I like Wes but I'm not convinced he outstrips the utility of Jan with a TLT + her pilot ability boosting Wedge. Big single attacks are important in this meta.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Wes is useful defensively too. He either strips tokens from your primary target, or he removes the offensive mods from your most dangerous opponent. With VI he neuters Vader, OL, Vessery, or one scout every turn.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Yes, but he can't stop them from shooting, and Wedge can't survive one pass with a crack swarm or TLT spam.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I was comparing against Jan, not Biggs, since that's the comparison you invited. Jan won't help Wedge survive against any of those things either.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Overdesigned vs. Gerdalti has happened. End result: victory for me, 100-25.

It was my Bossk and Tel Travura against his Bossk and Dengar. There can be only one Bossk. R5-P8 did work and got the game-winning damage against Dengar. And only self-damaged once!

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

overdesigned posted:

Overdesigned vs. Gerdalti has happened. End result: victory for me, 100-25.

It was my Bossk and Tel Travura against his Bossk and Dengar. There can be only one Bossk. R5-P8 did work and got the game-winning damage against Dengar. And only self-damaged once!

It was a good game, in the end I flew terribly, just couldn't get my positioning right at all. R5-P8 was for sure the MVP, denying Dengar shots on Bossk was a pretty pro move (that I often caused by my own bad dial choices).

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Strobe vs Admiral Joeslop is happening within half an hour, whenever Strobe re-downloads the game. I assume he is scared.

Get hyped with an awful video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-lmw9cqH3M

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

One man remains.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
And XXX was finally dethroned by Dash/Miranda, in a game where Wedge rolled exactly one hit and Wes ate six TLT shots and still wanted more. Final score 100-71.

Good game, Admiral Joeslop. As of this moment, overdesigned has clinched first place overall in this segment of the league by going undefeated. Even if I win next game 200-0, I'll end up 20 MOV and one win short of him.

I am still waiting on the results from The Gate and Deviant from Week 6, which I can't find anywhere in my PMs either here or on Steam. If that game was reported, let me know, and I can post Week 6's standings.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Strobe posted:

I am still waiting on the results from The Gate and Deviant from Week 6, which I can't find anywhere in my PMs either here or on Steam.

It wasn't reported in the thread, I just checked both post histories for you.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I almost took a Dash/Miranda list for Week 7 against you, Joeslop... Instead you get Imp Aces!

Dash is a hero, though. GG

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Finster Dexter posted:

I almost took a Dash/Miranda list for Week 7 against you, Joeslop... Instead you get Imp Aces!

Dash is a hero, though. GG

Imperial Aces you say?

:unsmigghh:

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
I picked up Imperial Veterans and found an oddity, my copy has a proximity mine card but no token. I checked the frames of the punch outs and all 3 there and definitely no token. Seems very strange.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

EdBlackadder posted:

I picked up Imperial Veterans and found an oddity, my copy has a proximity mine card but no token. I checked the frames of the punch outs and all 3 there and definitely no token. Seems very strange.

Wait, it's out now?! Is that just in the US, or other countries as well? (i.e. :australia:)

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

He's in the UK per his post history.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Chemmy posted:

He's in the UK per his post history.

Oops, I should've guessed that, what with their username choice! :downs: Well, I'll have to keep an eye out, when I go to the regionals tomorrow - hopefully ImpVets is out here too, although I haven't heard anything on FB about it, so I'm not terribly hopeful at this stage.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

EdBlackadder posted:

The punchboard should all be numbered, did you get a duplicate instead of all unique sheets? Had that happen with an Imperial Raider one of the LGSs had parted out as additional prize support for their store champs.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Strobe posted:

I am still waiting on the results from The Gate and Deviant from Week 6

I haven't heard from him, I'll try poking him with a PM

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

The Gate posted:

I haven't heard from him, I'll try poking him with a PM

Honestly I didn't even realize we had a game, I must have missed the post.

I concede if I must, I'm flying out tonmorrow for a wedding and won't be home until monday.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
No need to concede. It's currently Week 7's slate of games, but I don't need the actual results of those games until the end of next week.

You're up against The Gate as of Week 6, and Langolas in Week 7.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Deviant posted:

Honestly I didn't even realize we had a game, I must have missed the post.

I concede if I must, I'm flying out tonmorrow for a wedding and won't be home until monday.

No rush on your game against me either, I'll be busy til Monday as well and gotta focus on studying this next week to finish a certification test next week.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Major Isoor posted:

Wait, it's out now?! Is that just in the US, or other countries as well? (i.e. :australia:)

Amazon has also shipped some copies. Though my FLGS says the street date is on the 30th. And I got all excited for it tonight, what with them scheduling a tournament for this weekend. :argh:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

TTS is on sale again, 50% off. Don't miss out the fun and the terrible lists!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/286160/

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Talas posted:

How difficult is it to get the xwing module running and how long does it take to run a match approximately? It'd be cool to try out some builds that are expensive as poo poo right now

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

How difficult is it to get the xwing module running and how long does it take to run a match approximately? It'd be cool to try out some builds that are expensive as poo poo right now

Its pretty easy to get working and i think a match takes about the same time or slightly shorter than a real game.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Talas posted:

Would this be a good way to learn the game and/or have reliable games?

I've only just played like two game with my core set and want to get into this so bad but none of my friends are willing to pony up.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Flew quad X-Wings against SN's Brobots tonight. Was a good close game with one of the biggest maneuvering clusterfucks I've ever seen (there may be pictures incoming - would be interesting to see what maneuvers the thread would have suggested from that position). Of other note was that Garven got ioned while stressed, so got no actions for the following 5 turns (I counted). Glad I gave him Predator with the EPT bot.

I think there may be something to Garven. Not enough to be good currently, but it's possible that the meta might shift enough to bring him in as a side option. He's really, really nice for handing focus to ships that are k-turning. The issue is staggering k-turns so that he can focus (and use it) on the turn that another ship is k-turning. I'm considering strapping Adrenaline Rush to him just to handle the initial clash.

This was my list:

Garven Dreis — X-Wing 26
R2-D6 1
Predator 3
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 30

Biggs Darklighter — X-Wing 25
R4-D6 1
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 26

Rookie Pilot — X-Wing 21
R2 Astromech 1
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 22

Rookie Pilot — X-Wing 21
R2 Astromech 1
Integrated Astromech 0
Ship Total: 22

One big brick of X-Wings. Pretty sure that most of the top meta could take it apart handily. X-Wing buffs plz.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Jun 24, 2016

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

Stan Taylor posted:

Would this be a good way to learn the game and/or have reliable games?

I've only just played like two game with my core set and want to get into this so bad but none of my friends are willing to pony up.

Yes. Once you're done setting up (not that bad) and someone teaches you how to do maneuvers, it's slick and fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Corbeau posted:

Flew quad X-Wings against SN's Brobots tonight.

My list:

IG-88B (36)
Predator (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Ion Cannon (3)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
Autothrusters (2)
IG-2000 (0)

IG-88D (36)
Predator (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
Autothrusters (2)
IG-2000 (0)

Total: 100

quote:

(there may be pictures incoming - would be interesting to see what maneuvers the thread would have suggested from that position).
As requested:
X-Wing Brick:
The ClusterFuck (tm): (it should be noted that I S-Looped with the far left IG right behind all his X-Wings...and right onto an asteroid)
The aftermath:
Aftermath close-up:

quote:

Of other note was that Garven got ioned while stressed, so got no actions for the following 5 turns (I counted). Glad I gave him Predator with the EPT bot.
It's a shame I didn't capitalize on that more. I should have just never let him out of the ion cannon's crosshairs.

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 24, 2016

• Locked thread