Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
IC2 Trade-o-mats work exactly like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

McFrugal posted:

IC2 Trade-o-mats work exactly like that.

I didn't even know those were a thing until just now. They look like they'll work perfectly for the hub world shops I want to set up, and they're already included in the modpack.

Carados posted:

Look at how ferret business runs, it has a similar idea.

I'll check it out more thoroughly tomorrow, but it does indeed look at least similar in direction to what I want. Thanks for pointing me to it.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Are CustomNPC shops inadequate? They can't autolearn stuff, but it is a simple enough affair for blessed users to set them up. They are configured completely in-game.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
The Ferret Business shop makes me wish there was a better shop mod. I basically want a HQM book but themed as a catalog, and a block I can set up to automatically buy stuff, so I can pump money into it and it automatically pumps out, say, iron ore.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
I tried out the FTB InfiniTech pack while waiting for the Skyfactory server to come back up and holy loving poo poo you couldn't pay me to put up with that tedium. I ended up cheating an awakened ichorium pick and it still took me 10 minutes of digging to find the basic brown limonite ore. gently caress that noise Gregcraft.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

bbcisdabomb posted:

The Ferret Business shop makes me wish there was a better shop mod. I basically want a HQM book but themed as a catalog, and a block I can set up to automatically buy stuff, so I can pump money into it and it automatically pumps out, say, iron ore.

While I did enjoy Ferret Business, when I first started it (it lasted about 10 minutes) I had expected/hoped it that FMC would be like a more balanced EMC, allowing me to buy things instead of just sell at those values (or even taxed a bit).

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

neogeo0823 posted:

Hey, thread. We're looking to mix up the DPT server a bit, and I'm wondering if there's a specific mod out there you guys can recommend.

We're kind of looking for a combination of Project E and an economy mod. We want a universal thing, gem, coin, whatever, that can be used as currency, and we want NPC shops that sell high level and rare things for expensive prices. We also want a thing players can have, either hand-held or stationary, that they can funnel currency into and get their choice of low level or common items out of. Ideally, the thing would be handheld, and could "learn" items the way the tablets in Project E do.

We're currently modifying the FTB Infinity Evolved pack for 1.7.10, if that matters. Does a mod like that exist?

If you don't want to use IC2 (you don't), then our great lord OP Shukaro's mod Artifice has coins in it and is also a good mod to boot. You would just have to make the HQM quests for the transactions.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Fayk posted:

While I did enjoy Ferret Business, when I first started it (it lasted about 10 minutes) I had expected/hoped it that FMC would be like a more balanced EMC, allowing me to buy things instead of just sell at those values (or even taxed a bit).

The gains are significantly taxed, but I do like that you can just buy a diamond or whatever if you get most of the way through a recipe.

Honestly EMC with extremely aggressive purchase 'tax' would be a good system. There's a lot of times that I'd love to dump sixteen copper to get a Tin or whatever.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Falcon2001 posted:

The gains are significantly taxed, but I do like that you can just buy a diamond or whatever if you get most of the way through a recipe.

Honestly EMC with extremely aggressive purchase 'tax' would be a good system. There's a lot of times that I'd love to dump sixteen copper to get a Tin or whatever.

That's what we're looking for as far as players-summoning-decorative-crap is concerned. The problem is that while Project E USED to come with an option to make the system lossy and taxed, it no longer does for some reason. I wish I knew why, but there you go.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

On a slightly different note, I'm looking to make what amounts to a giant gently caress-off-huge spiral staircase with steps that are around 80 blocks wide. I don't need it to wind tight, but I do need the steps to be very large and sweeping. Normally, I'd use World Edit for this, but I don't think it can select a region that's not some kind of square, rectangle, or cube. Is there a tool that moves blocks around like WE, but that can select angles and curves to be moved?

mensrea
Mar 17, 2016

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

What is it? I must have missed the post.

https://pastebin.com/uCSkYbhH

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i have no idea where to find hemp, though. do i need to buy it?

i am also unsure as to whether i'm missing something obvious re: lighting up areas or whether i do indeed need to bootstrap my industrial base simply to make torches/lamps

You should be able to get any basic seed from using the hoe on grass, but I guess I left hemp out, so one of the hemp farms it is (they spawn randomly). I will add an NPC that sells hemp seeds in the future, and fix the grass thing for the coming update.

You should be getting plenty of small lights/light blocks from looting stuff, otherwise, yeah, you gotta start making small lights. There's a less complicated recipe for them that requires a hammer and a furnace so I'd go with that. I should have someone selling those on the cheap.

It shouldn't be terribly difficult to get some industry going, regardless. Those steel blocks that many structures are built from can be smelted for steel. Everything with the "recyclable" tag can be melted down as well (may be OP cause I added it to tools). Even that IC2 hammer can just be smelted to be restored. The generator is buffed too, so your looted promethium cells can carry you for quite a while, probably into the mid-game depending on how much you explore.

Stick to looting civilian sites like farms and houses, they have machine components and raw materials. Military sites have mostly guns/ammo/chems and the ancient sites have the artifacts that drive you insane & other neat stuff.

I'm curious to see what people who've played the pack think of my changes regarding IC2. Other than machine skins and GUI's everything has been changed, I'd hope for the better. Just so you don't wind up wasting time doing things the old way: the voltage/exploding machine system is off and the wrenches aren't necessary.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I'll have to dig into it deeper tomorrow, as I'm not in a place where I can comb through the source very easily.

I did fixate on this part of the stack trace:
code:
    at hardcorequesting.config.ConfigHandler.loadSyncConfig(ConfigHandler.java:27)
    at hardcorequesting.config.ConfigHandler.initEditConfig(ConfigHandler.java:22)
    at hardcorequesting.HardcoreQuesting.preInit(HardcoreQuesting.java:49)
It looks like it's crapping out in editmode.cfg, which is the hqm file for denoting if edit mode is on or off. That's a strange place to drop dead. Have you doodled with that file? You could probably just delete it and HQM would regenerate it. It just turns edit mode on and off; it won't kill your progress or anything. You'll find it in the config/hqm path of your pack.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

My son was playing some mage quest modpack on FTB. He found a nice little village in the desert and was setting up, helping out (ha, well not destroying everything he could) and generally being pretty nice. Was spawning the iron golems to fight the spiders he was spawning as well as about 50 villagers just to spice things up.

Then night came.

And the villagers turned into werewolves and completely hosed poo poo up. It was amazing. If he wasnt in creative it would have been a very short fight.

Mods like that are awesome, even if they only are awesome once.

Late edit.

In FTB Skyfactory 2.5 I need an enderman head for the soul binder, problem is ive only managed to killa few endermen and they are dropping the headcrumbs heads that dont work with the rec.... What is the best way to do this? Endermen just dont spawn often, and atm lack of ender pearls is a big deal :/

Meskhenet fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jun 22, 2016

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Meskhenet posted:

My son was playing some mage quest modpack on FTB. He found a nice little village in the desert and was setting up, helping out (ha, well not destroying everything he could) and generally being pretty nice. Was spawning the iron golems to fight the spiders he was spawning as well as about 50 villagers just to spice things up.

Then night came.

And the villagers turned into werewolves and completely hosed poo poo up. It was amazing. If he wasnt in creative it would have been a very short fight.

Mods like that are awesome, even if they only are awesome once.

Late edit.

In FTB Skyfactory 2.5 I need an enderman head for the soul binder, problem is ive only managed to killa few endermen and they are dropping the headcrumbs heads that dont work with the rec.... What is the best way to do this? Endermen just dont spawn often, and atm lack of ender pearls is a big deal :/

REMOVE HEADCRUMBS

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Meskhenet posted:

Headcrumbs is a lovely mod that makes a huge feature about spawning random Minecraft/YouTube "celebrities" as mobs and also they can open doors, and should never be in any modpack.

But since it is already, I believe most of the big FTB packs that include it let you craft the Headcrumb heads into regular heads if you craft them by themselves. Other than that I don't know what to say.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I've been merrily playtesting the BFSR beta for quest bugs, and have been finding them. Lots of them. :(

Other fun stuff includes just today remembering the metallurgic infuser has a steel recipe ("How do people just using Mekanism create the steel for all the machines?!"). The quests I completely forgot to fill in were also a real hoot.

In other news, it doesn't look like one can drink resonant ender with a straw for fun teleport stuff. It has to be liquid ender, for some reason. However, the plastic cup will take resonant ender just fine and do the deed. It looks like the effect is the same between the straw and the cup. Online, it reads like it will just pick some cardinal direction and fling you in it, but it looks like it'll completely send you on a trip on both the X and Z axes.

It's a lot of bugs, but I'm wondering if I'm at the point where I should just switch it over and have the public just help me iron out the rest of the kinks.

mensrea
Mar 17, 2016

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

It looks like it's crapping out in editmode.cfg, which is the hqm file for denoting if edit mode is on or off. That's a strange place to drop dead. Have you doodled with that file? You could probably just delete it and HQM would regenerate it. It just turns edit mode on and off; it won't kill your progress or anything. You'll find it in the config/hqm path of your pack.

I tried turning edit mode off and then just deleting the HQM config file. No luck either way. http://pastebin.com/sCzWDMxP is the error report I'm getting.

You will never find all the bugs in a big pack by yourself. Even 2-3 people isn't enough. May as well release it if the glaring mistakes were fixed.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.
SkyFactory tip: pattern your floors so you don't accidentally veinminer your base four times.

also man are the Immersive Engineering balloons fun to play with. They're like super cheap Angel blocks, and they can be offset-placed up to five blocks above you!

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ill see about removing headcrumbs.

Veinmining your base? Why would you even need a pickaxe in a skyblock? (yes i know, but i dont use it often)

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Slot 1 pickaxe slot two sword slot C misc tool

muscle memory won't let for any variations

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Blind Duke posted:

Slot 1 pickaxe slot two sword slot C misc tool

muscle memory won't let for any variations

slot 1 is book, slot 2 is sword slot 3 is misc tool :) and slot 10 is torch.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Meskhenet posted:

Ill see about removing headcrumbs.

Veinmining your base? Why would you even need a pickaxe in a skyblock? (yes i know, but i dont use it often)

Veinmining trees/leaves and of veinmining piles of cobblestone/gravel/sand with the ex-nihilo hammer.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Meskhenet posted:

slot 1 is book, slot 2 is sword slot 3 is misc tool :) and slot 10 is torch.

Slot one is pick, slot two is sword, slot three is axe/shovel. Slot nine is HQM book and ten is torch.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Meskhenet posted:

Why would you even need a pickaxe in a skyblock? (yes i know, but i dont use it often)

i'm supremely impatient so i threw a diamond ex nihilo hammer on my pick. combine that with a diamond builder's wand and i can fill a doublechest with gravel in a couple of minutes, while maxing out the tool level.

you can also use veinminer on trees and leafs; the floor used to be wood until i hatcheted through a tree and then through the floor

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

mensrea posted:

I tried turning edit mode off and then just deleting the HQM config file. No luck either way. http://pastebin.com/sCzWDMxP is the error report I'm getting.

You will never find all the bugs in a big pack by yourself. Even 2-3 people isn't enough. May as well release it if the glaring mistakes were fixed.

It's the same exception. It must be something else that isn't clear in the stack trace. It doesn't help that it looks like it shows two different traces and points to the one I thought had the problem.

For giggles, can you try starting up the pack with the JVM argument "-noverify" added on?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

My first rush goal is getting a transfer node up with world interaction so there is no need to mine cobblestone.

This pack im playing, in a legendry loot bag (that you have to craft) i finally got the chicken hammer.... even though i have all my pulverisors and sifters already up.

I havent taken out headcrumbs yet, and it doesnt let me craft the normal head from the crappy head, so i just cheated myself in 2. Since i have my botania up, endermen arent a problem as they all end up where i want them.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
The chicken hammer is craftable from 2 chicken meat and 2 sticks. The ex compressum mod lets you summon chickens with 2 seeds crafted together placed on grass with water nearby.

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
1. bow 2. Sword 3. Pickaxe 4. Shovel 5. Axe 9. bread 10. Torch

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

um 3 is always your sword, it's the easiest number to hit with your left middle finger :colbert:

pickaxe is 1 torches are 10 shovel or axe is 2

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

greententacle posted:

1. bow 2. Sword 3. Pickaxe 4. Shovel 5. Axe 9. bread 10. Torch

1 bow, 2 sword, 3 pickaxe, 4 torch, 5 shovel, 6 dirt/cobble, 10 food.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
1 sword 2 pick 3 axe/shovel/etc 4 bow 9 food 0 torch

Serifina
Oct 30, 2011

So... dizzy...
I am apparently the weird one out.

1) Sword 2)Pick 3) Shovel 4)Axe 5)Torches 6)Blocks/Cobble 9)Water 10) Food.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011
Here is a question, is there any way to determine the difficulty of crafting for any block?

Say i want to find the total cost of making say an Atomic Disintegrator (programatically)

Is there a way to determine the recipe for all the parts all the way back to the default items - Diamonds, Redstone etc to determine the Actual Cost of that item?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Serifina posted:

I am apparently the weird one out.

1) Sword 2)Pick 3) Shovel 4)Axe 5)Torches 6)Blocks/Cobble 9)Water 10) Food.
3) pick/hammer 4) pick/hammer 5) sword 6-7 bow
2 wrench/axe/whatever
8,9 or 0) food

The rest vary.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

TheresaJayne posted:

Here is a question, is there any way to determine the difficulty of crafting for any block?

Say i want to find the total cost of making say an Atomic Disintegrator (programatically)

Is there a way to determine the recipe for all the parts all the way back to the default items - Diamonds, Redstone etc to determine the Actual Cost of that item?

http://crafting-guide.com/craft/atomic_disassembler

This site really should be in the op. Playing without this or AE autocrafting loving sucks.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Bouchacha posted:

http://crafting-guide.com/craft/atomic_disassembler

This site really should be in the op. Playing without this or AE autocrafting loving sucks.

I was actually thinking on in a mod, how would you calculate the "cost" of an item, I know there were some strange outliers in EE where a mod item was worth billions of diamonds,. I was wondering how they determine the cost for EE or do they just take a random cost based on the block id....

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Do people have mods to have 10 hotkey slots? :v:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Truga posted:

Do people have mods to have 10 hotkey slots? :v:

Oh right, it ends at 9. 8 food 9 torch, then.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

yeah i never push the key for the last hotbar slot, i scrollwheel to it from 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, keys above 5 or 6 depending on your finger length get really unwieldy.

Since I've started playing in VR, my setup is:
1: Axe for chopping trees and combat
2: Cobble so I can easily scroll to it from
3: Pick
4: Torches on 4 so right clicking with pick places them (is this a tinkers' construct feature or something else?)
5+ misc crap
9: Food

Of course when working with redstone all that goes out the window :v: