Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Except we haven't actually held a nation-wide vote on him yet. Win by default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Fabulousity posted:

What happens in November when this thread basically repeats as Trump wins the presidency and the U.S. falls face first into a crater of economic ruin? The EU can't lean on a smoldering pothole.

IDK about other ppl but i'm gonna celebrate the loss of Clinton and then pretend to not care about politics for 4-8 years.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The US election is going to be boring for about another month. Thank you, Britain. You saved my July.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DaoU0sJH_g

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
congratulations bog peoples

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/746186737706229760

itshappening.gif

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

RobattoJesus posted:

The best thing about the pound cratering is that all the rich dudes Tory voters who bought up half of London as investments are now hosed.

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Except we haven't actually held a nation-wide vote on him yet. Win by default.

Point taken but it is still exactly the same thing and equally depressing.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

Fojar38 posted:

trump is doing really really really badly in the polls atm

Trump's only hope is if a Muslim kills a bunch of people before the election. Trump is going to win is what I'm saying

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Fojar38 posted:

trump is doing really really really badly in the polls atm

Yeah, but everyone also thought Britain couldn't be this loving stupid but here we are.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Are they going to suspend trading this morning?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
word on the street is brexit happened

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:lol: Those are all Chinese and Russian Nationals.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Mummy Xzibit posted:

It has to be so embarrassing to be British right now.

Yeah it was really embarrassing the last time a bunch of British people declared independence from a superpower in 1776 or whenever. That went poorly.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Seeing as how it's non-binding and all, this vote is a powerful weapon for negotiation with EU. They could do something like demand that the NHS be left alone, re-nationalize this or that.

Basically, they could demand whatever they wanted from the EU with the threat that if they don't get it, they walk and the EU collapses behind them.
GOOD LUCK BOYS!!!

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011
:stare:

So, is Scotland going to separate for real now and go back to the EU?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

A Tartan Tory posted:

Are they going to suspend trading this morning?

traders will be too drunk/tired/dead to trade probably

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

RobattoJesus posted:

The best thing about the pound cratering is that all the rich dudes who bought up half of London as investments are now hosed.
if that ends up happening it will be awesome.

this seems less impressive when you see the graph over a few decades

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
im so happy after the blue balls that was grexit and the scotland vote, something finally happened

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."

RobattoJesus posted:

Yeah it was really embarrassing the last time a bunch of British people declared independence from a superpower in 1776 or whenever. That went poorly.

George Washington was born in Virginia playboy

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Trump's only hope is if a Muslim kills a bunch of people before the election. Trump is going to win is what I'm saying

Not if it doesn't get reported!

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Ork of Fiction posted:

Seeing as how it's non-binding and all, this vote is a powerful weapon for negotiation with EU. They could do something like demand that the NHS be left alone, re-nationalize this or that.
Wait wait wait, what was going on with the NHS? The EU was making demands against the NHS?

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

rgocs posted:

Sturgeon has said that if Scotland voted remain and the rest of the UK voted out, it would trigger a second independence referendum.

Greens agree with this view as well, so thats a majority in the Scottish Parliament to hold another one.

GG England.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81q0Zx_gV8U

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
hey don't worry the pound is only down 5.53% against the euro

wait 6.02%

e; wait 6.47%

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Congrats dipshits.

It's gonna be fun watching Scotland leave that shithole.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
britain about to become the new greece

blimey

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

fyallm posted:

Can we give you Trump now? Is that how this works? *takes sword and knights everyone*

He'll be in Scotland tomorrow opening a new golf course. Maybe he'll be killed? :shrug:
That could be fun.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

McNutty posted:

George Washington was born in Virginia playboy

And which country owned Virginia when he was born there?

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah don't get all panicky about this whole thing just yet, odds are your gross british breakfast will come with a big helping of backpedaling and "Com on you din mean it, did you lads?"

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

rgocs posted:

It's a for real possibility they will call for another referendum, and if that happens there's no way they're staying in the UK.

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

RobattoJesus posted:

And which country owned Virginia when he was born there?

America bitch

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010
Holy poo poo

Elpato
Oct 14, 2009

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?
If this were the US we'd keep 'finding' ballots until the right side won. Are you guys sure you are doing this democratic process thing correctly.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Big congratulations to all the UK citizens, it is important that a people can exercise their right to self-determination like this. :)

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
How do I bet against the euro? This is just the start.

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Last I checked the USA is run by America and Virginia is deeply our poo poo.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck wheres my one million vote lead for leave

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Prettz posted:

Wait wait wait, what was going on with the NHS? The EU was making demands against the NHS?

EU says "privatize everything! unrestricted flow of capital! we are the living embodiment of neoliberalism guided solely by bankers and the aristocracy!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Kawabata posted:

britain about to become the new greece

blimey
Greece literally had its national sovereignty stripped away by the EU and ECB, and it's now an 1800s-style African colony.
No one is ever going to be the new Greece.

• Locked thread