Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
my god James Landale is on is own in the Remain HQ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djU4Lq_5EaM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

If Scotland votes remain could this mean a serious case for Scottish independence?

Yep.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

C'mon Isle of Mann, lets go

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

The EU is probably dead now, Germany can't single handedly bouy up the rest of the poor countries

Pretty sure it's the other way around, the poor countries buoy up Germany.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

scotland leave, ireland unify, gibraltar and falklands surrendered, pound sterling dead, wales joins scotland, ireland invades england, world looks the other way.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Serious question: Will this affect my being able to consume episodes of Come Dine With Me, East Enders, and The Only Way is Essex?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

A united ireland, loving hell

a lot of people would put lots of money on this never happening

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

that sounds like an incredibly shortsighted perspective lol

welcome to human beings

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
remainers have been thoroughly owned.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

DOOP posted:

a lot of people would never put money on this couple days ago

IRA get their final revenge

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
It's easy to laugh at or blame the under educated for voting to leave, but doesn't that really just reflect a failure on the part of the British state? Someone posted earlier in the thread stats showing a trend of academic underachievement among native-born Brits, which might indicate something in Britain hadn't been working as intended.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

hemophilia posted:

scotland leave, ireland unify, gibraltar and falklands surrendered, pound sterling dead, wales joins scotland, ireland invades england, world looks the other way.

I like this

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Actually, how does everything work in GB in terms of giving the other parts independence from England? I know that Scotland could vote for independence, but as far as I know Wales and Northern Ireland are still in GB because England has more guns.

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."

Fire Barrel posted:

It's easy to laugh at or blame the under educated for voting to leave, but doesn't that really just reflect a failure on the part of the British state? Someone posted earlier in the thread stats showing a trend of academic underachievement among native-born Brits, which might indicate something in Britain hadn't been working as intended.

Obviously. Education being a state issue it is entirely Britain's fault. But this is the multi-layered result of diminishing resources being siphoned to the already well to do.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
embrace the chaos

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Fire Barrel posted:

This was an impossibly stupid campaign promise that reaches its most logical conclusion

lol what the gently caress were they even thinking

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Chinatown posted:

embrace the chaos

yeah someone hug me

also looks like the dutch are next up

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/746195689890144256

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Fojar38 posted:

stagnant industrial production, record capital flight, the government literally shoveling money into a furnace in a desperate attempt to prop up the economy? the chinese are running a 10% deficit just to keep their economy from outright collapsing

this is a crash.
I didn't say it isn't crashing, I specifically said your reading of it was way off.

Fojar38 posted:

crashes can happen over long periods of time, friend
This is exactly what I said. It's a slow-motion crash. The government has the power to slow it down, and what they're attempting to do is parachute the economy down, rather than let it free-fall.

It could still drop into free-fall, but it hasn't yet.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DOOP posted:

a lot of people would put lots of money on this never happening

Not until after Game of Thrones is done. No one is going to support anything that messes with it's production.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

This is another step towards mirroring the future depicted in idiocracy extract

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Fire Barrel posted:

It's really not entirely different than what's happening in the States and it's not like we are losing our minds too or anything.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Toe Rag posted:

Are you referring to Gibraltar or Northern Ireland? I'm pretty sure people are mad about both. See also: Falklands

Does it really matter what he's talking about since he obv doesn't know that Britain at one time consisted of massive junks of Africa and the US and all of Canada, India, and Australia?

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

come on Wales, you can leave too now.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Are the people celebrating loving crazy? There seems to be more than a few of them here

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
chaos reigns

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
every bank has hired out every lawyer and maxed out their billable hours until like 2018

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Goddammit, UK, you can't even tank economies right. At least when we do it, there's a nice network of lobbyists and we leave some bankers laying around as scapegoats instead of just outright voting for it ourselves

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

McNutty posted:

Obviously. Education being a state issue it is entirely Britain's fault. But this is the multi-layered result of diminishing resources being siphoned to the already well to do.

That's what I mean though. A lot of the critics of the Brexit are focusing on the leave voters rather than zeroing in on what I would think is the real culprit behind Britain turning to poo poo over these past decades - an establishment that only serves the wealthy. It's sort of disingenuous to harp on about not giving into the ignorance of the leave campaign when this bed was basically made by the British themselves. Even the fact that London is so important and different from the other parts of England is telling in some ways - a city rising at the expense of the country.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
If the Scots want to join the EU they better hurry up before the next round of exits collapses it.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Godinster posted:

Are the people celebrating loving crazy? There seems to be more than a few of them here

There were some crazy parties going on Berlin as the bombs were dropping and the Soviets advanced closer

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Godinster posted:

they are celebrating because THEY WON and YOU LOST, NA NA NAAAA *childish chest bump*

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Godinster posted:

Europes like barely the 9th most relevant region in the world

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Godinster posted:

Brexit is a result with a combination of positive results for fiscal leftists, and negative results for social leftists, which is why you're seeing the extreme divide in opinions

there's also the swamp racists and the people who just want to see britain burn, too

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

TLG James posted:

When do they blow up the chunnel?

Tomorrow at 7 AM

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Godinster posted:

I feel bad for the UK but maybe some crazy rich american jjust lost their rear end enough to make the sun rise with their corpse in their NYC loft from apparent suicide.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
less educated = less money. This isn't about stupidity, it's about who has benefited and who has suffered.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
yes BURN BURN BURN

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
grats britain

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend