Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
yo get your Forgeworld orders in, the loving morons voted to leave and the gbp just crashed lmao

rip british economy
cya Scotland

democracy is a loving joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Phyresis posted:

yo get your Forgeworld orders in, the loving morons voted to leave and the gbp just crashed lmao

But why get them in now? If the GBP crashes the rest of the world gets a better deal since their currency will be stronger in relation to the GBP.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
RIP favourable Chinese recaster rates.

In all seriousness this could be bad for GW.

Full Circle
Feb 20, 2008

Lord Twisted posted:

RIP favourable Chinese recaster rates.

In all seriousness this could be bad for GW.

Why would this be bad for a GBP based company whose majority revenue i assume comes from exporting? Wouldn't the primary impact be an increase in demand due to lower prices for USD/euro users?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
From my understanding their manufacturing and production is all based in the UK. The UK is about to take a gigantic economic poo poo.

Though tbh I'm quite knackered from following this poo poo, so I probably am talking bollocks

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Lord Twisted posted:

From my understanding their manufacturing and production is all based in the UK. The UK is about to take a gigantic economic poo poo.

Though tbh I'm quite knackered from following this poo poo, so I probably am talking bollocks

They're already using Chinese casters for their terrain, with hilariously awful quality control results. They could expand that, and the real comedy option would be going to an extant recaster.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Floppychop posted:

But why get them in now? If the GBP crashes the rest of the world gets a better deal since their currency will be stronger in relation to the GBP.

Because the pound is already recovering. It's only a difference of a few dollars tbqh but I was hoping this morning's crash was going to be a bit more severe, with a long enough window to take advantage of it. Really should have shorted the pound in retrospect, it was almost all upside. The price wasn't going to spike no matter what but it was guaranteed to lose value if they voted to brexit. Which they did. Because they are dumb.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Warhammer 40k: I lust for economic collapse so I get cheap space barbies

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

PierreTheMime posted:

Nice.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Perfect.

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Ronald Reagan? The actor!?
Anyone know what this is about? https://youtu.be/S6h3wMEZ-jQ

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

mongol posted:

This

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

mongol posted:

It's the 30k Tartaros-pattern Terminator armor Praetor model with a paragon blade. I guess you could use him for a Captain and call the weapon a relic blade, but that's about it.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

PantsOptional posted:

It's the 30k Tartaros-pattern Terminator armor Praetor model with a paragon blade. I guess you could use him for a Captain and call the weapon a relic blade, but that's about it.

Now that you can take Cataphractii armor as a 40K option, it's not a terrible model to have around. I assume that this is a token to try and get Forge World consumers into the Warhammer/Games Workshop retail shops to see if they can bump sales.

...Or it could be a prelude to them supporting 30K in-stores as a standard product line. :unsmigghh:

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

These naming conventions are absurd. 'Praetor' and 'Tribune' are both Roman magistrates' titles (Tribune was also a military rank). It's like someone in a modern army being an 'Army Bigleader Smallleader'.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Genghis Cohen posted:

These naming conventions are absurd. 'Praetor' and 'Tribune' are both Roman magistrates' titles (Tribune was also a military rank). It's like someone in a modern army being an 'Army Bigleader Smallleader'.

"Legion Manager Supervisor Kyle to the service desk, please. Legion Manager Supervisor Kyle to the service desk. Thank you."

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

PierreTheMime posted:

Now that you can take Cataphractii armor as a 40K option, it's not a terrible model to have around. I assume that this is a token to try and get Forge World consumers into the Warhammer/Games Workshop retail shops to see if they can bump sales.

...Or it could be a prelude to them supporting 30K in-stores as a standard product line. :unsmigghh:

They're going to need to do a lot more than Calth & Calth 2 for that to really happen. But I'd love it. The Calth box is great.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Genghis Cohen posted:

Well isn't that like someone being Lieutenant Commander or Major General?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

SRM posted:

Those are actual military ranks. Technically, "Praetor Tribune " would be like giving someone the title of "Mayor General." But, being as 40K is 1) full of bad/fake Latin; and 2) made up, yeah , it could in fact be like a Lieutenant Commander or something. It could also be a combination title given to whoever holds that office. Being as some of the 30K fluff has Space Marines also acting as government, it is plausible.

Something like the name is only going to matter to someone who has a vested interest in Latin.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jun 24, 2016

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

PierreTheMime posted:

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

those dumbasses done voted to destroy their own selves, if you're not taking advantage of this then that just means there's more for me!!! you gotta look out for numero uno cuz it's pretty clear now that no one else is

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

SRM posted:

As berzerkmonkey points out, Praetor isn't a military rank. It's not that weird, it's just a bizarre use of bad Latin.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Floppychop posted:

It's in the worst free-fall ever, and the lowest it's been in 30 years. It might have stabilized last night, but the future is murky.

loving London had a 74% voter turnout that overwhelmingly went to staying in; now they're considering seceding from Britain to stay EU. :confuoot:

Scotland is already prepping another referendum to bounce the UK and enter the EU independently. Lots of songs about French-Scottish solidarity against the bloody English, turns out they may hold historical water for the future.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Apparently the most searched for terms in Google since the polls have closed (i.e. people have already voted.)

1. What is "Brexit"?
2. What happens if we leave the EU?
3. When will EU referendum results be announced?
4. What is the EU referendum?

It's uplifting to see that UK voters are just as clueless as American voters.

EDIT: Quote from a man who voted in favor of leaving:

quote:

I’m a bit shocked to be honest. I’m shocked that we actually have voted to Leave, I didn’t think that was going to happen.

My vote, I didn’t think was going to matter too much because I thought we were just going to Remain, and the David Cameron resignation has blown me away to be honest.

I think the period of uncertainty that we’re going to have for the next couple of months, that’s just been magnified now.

So yeah, quite worried.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 24, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Genghis Cohen posted:

berzerkmonkey posted:

"Legion Manager Supervisor Kyle to the service desk, please. Legion Manager Supervisor Kyle to the service desk. Thank you."

Its Assistant to the Manager, not Assistant Manager!

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Its Tribune to the Praetor, not Tribune Praetor!

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Mango Polo posted:

Its Tribune to the Praetor, not Tribune Praetor!

Interestingly, Praetor sits much further up the cursus honorum, the traditional ascending levels of political office which ran the Roman Republic. So while 'Tribune Praetor' could, at a really ignorant stretch, be analogous to 'assistant manager' or even 'Lieutenant-Colonel', 'Praetor Tribune' would be more like a 'manager assistant'.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Scotland and Ireland want to say in the EU and are going to vote to bounce. Spain is talking about joint ownership of Gibraltar. In a twist of comedy the UK is now a collapsing colony, and did to itself what it did to Africa/Middle East. Best of all they showed that 51% of their population are definitely not racists.

This must be what will happen when Trump wins the election. Time to buy FW terrain while the dollar remains strong.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

BULBASAUR posted:

Scotland and Ireland want to say in the EU and are going to vote to bounce. Spain is talking about joint ownership of Gibraltar. In a twist of comedy the UK is now a collapsing colony, and did to itself what it did to Africa/Middle East. Best of all they showed that 51% of their population are definitely not racists.

This must be what will happen when Trump wins the election. Time to buy FW terrain while the dollar remains strong.

I am unironically terrified of these idiot fuckers ironically voting for Trump the same way tons of Brits voted for brexit.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
:qq: It's about the immigrants. I have 6 kids and no place to live, while they can come over and get a free 4-bedroom flat. 'Tisn't fair.

Considering buying Britbux goods at absurdly low comparative exchanges out of spite now.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

PierreTheMime posted:

I am unironically terrified of these idiot fuckers ironically voting for Trump the same way tons of Brits voted for brexit.

The good news is I think everybody got that out of their system with the Primary, and that's how he won the Republican nom. But now everybody's sobering up fast and realizing how bad he really would be.

The number of people now on NPR and BBC saying "whoops I wish I could take back my vote, I didn't realize what it meant" is blowing my mind. UK ain't so different from the US after all :cheeky:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Anyone recognize what this guy may have used for the bone shoulder pads?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Turns out that if the politicians and the press spend decades telling the old, the poor and the hopeless that everything that is wrong with their lives is because of "immigrants" and "EU regulation" the people wont listen when literally every economist, bank, security agency, business organisation, social welfare organisation and person with anything above a basic education in the world says "this isn't about immigration or regulation, this is about the collapse of the country and economy".
So now pensioners and, in large part, the poorest people in society have hosed everything for everyone. Wales, as a country, is entirely reliant upon EU subsidies because of how utterly ruined it's local economies are, and not one area of Wales voted to Remain. Scotland voted to remain as a whole, but didn't have enough of a turnout to swing it, so they will want to break from the Union.

And the most infuriating part? All of this was a gamble taken by the Prime Minister that was designed to prop up his own position. It was whipped on by MPs from his party who wanted to bring him down and have a chance at replacing him as PM after he lost a close referendum. None of these people expected Leave to win. Even the leader of UKIP didn't expect to win. They assumed that they could play the same old Westminster game of using the EU as their scapegoat without once considering what they had done to the electorate in the last forty years.

But Leave won. And everyone has lost. And everything is hosed.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Turns out that if the politicians and the press spend decades telling the old, the poor and the hopeless that everything that is wrong with their lives is because of "immigrants" and "EU regulation" the people wont listen when literally every economist, bank, security agency, business organisation, social welfare organisation and person with anything above a basic education in the world says "this isn't about immigration or regulation, this is about the collapse of the country and economy".
So now pensioners and, in large part, the poorest people in society have hosed everything for everyone. Wales, as a country, is entirely reliant upon EU subsidies because of how utterly ruined it's local economies are, and not one area of Wales voted to Remain. Scotland voted to remain as a whole, but didn't have enough of a turnout to swing it, so they will want to break from the Union.

And the most infuriating part? All of this was a gamble taken by the Prime Minister that was designed to prop up his own position. It was whipped on by MPs from his party who wanted to bring him down and have a chance at replacing him as PM after he lost a close referendum. None of these people expected Leave to win. Even the leader of UKIP didn't expect to win. They assumed that they could play the same old Westminster game of using the EU as their scapegoat without once considering what they had done to the electorate in the last forty years.

Please be sure to keep Phyresis in mind when you're selling off your armies to keep your family alive in the Bretonnian wasteland. :(

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Professor Shark posted:

Paging HollisMason...

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

I've read a lot of posts about this loving catastrophe today. I did not expect the best one to be in the Warhammer thread.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Genghis Cohen posted:

In its defense "Praetor" is the bigleader overall type and in this case the guy is actually a Tribune - a minor version of a praetor. They could just say "Legion Tribune" but his wouldn't mean much to existing players. Saying he's a praetor means "can be taken as the leader of your army" and then they added "Tribune" to indicate he's not a full praetor. He can't take any wargear other than what he comes with, for example.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Professor Shark posted:

Looks like spare bits from the Fantasy Age of Sigmar Skeleton Warriors and Ghouls kits.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Have faith in the people, it can't be that ba-

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/i-really-regret-my-vote-now-the-brexit-voters-who-wish-theyd-voted-to-remain-a3280361.html

Oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Seconded, those look like ghoul bits for sure.

• Locked thread