Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The tooltip of slugs, HE ammo, and 000 buck says that they're harder to find. Do they have a pickup multiplier penalty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
https://twitter.com/almirlisto/status/746223808659394560

Could someone in the US let Pete Gold crash on their sofa for a couple decades?

watho posted:

The tooltip of slugs, HE ammo, and 000 buck says that they're harder to find. Do they have a pickup multiplier penalty?

They used to. I believe it's gone now.

edit: person I promised GGC code to- it's gonna be a bit. I'm typing this on my third backup laptop from 2004. My hard drive failed.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jun 24, 2016

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

From the Holy Scripture:

quote:

Certain shotgun ammo and DMR kits do not benefit from ammo pickup bonuses. They also define their own multipliers for the minimum and maximum amount of ammo picked up. In contrast to ammo pickup bonuses which offer a multiplier greater than 1 for both minimum and maximum amount, these multipliers do not exceed 1.
Community 000 for Loco and Street Sweeper: 0.7
DMR kit: 0.5 multiplier, except for AMR-16 which has 0.8.
Keep in mind that only the default ammo capacity is used to determine the ammo pickup. While a primary shotgun with custom ammo may lose some of its ammo capacity, the ammo pickup ignores this.

That's such an absurd condition that I don't believe it's intentional.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
It's not; they explicitly removed lower ammo pickups for the different shotgun ammo but in a classic overkill move they forgot to change it for those two since they had custom overrides for their pickups. Specifically they had a 0.7x, compared to the 1x (as in, they had base ammo pickup but nullified Fully Loaded Ace and Walk-in Closet) and they removed the line for "wpn_fps_upg_a_custom" (DLC 000) but forgot to remove the line for "wpn_fps_upg_a_custom_free" (community 000).

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

Man, I came back to my infamy whatever high level dude and even with level appropriate rooms turned off, practically every game is Overkill and Deathwish.

Game please, I'm not anywhere near this decent anymore. :ohdear:

Honestly, and I swear I'm not even being a goon about this, Overkill is the new Normal. Between the weapon changes, ammo pickup adjustments, perk decks, and skill changes you can waltz through all but the toughest Overkill heists even with pubs, the odd team wipe notwithstanding.

*Get a perk deck with health regen ASAP if you don't already have one, depending on when you checked out. Muscle is pretty much the best choice for the moment since it requires no real skill adaptation to play.

*Take skills for maximum survivability, particularly anything that improves armor.

*Pickup Inspire Aced.

You'll be back in fighting form in no time.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Tempest_56 posted:

Sometimes. The one closest to the meth still kills me like 25% of the time when landed on for no visible reason.

Is it possible you landed on a pile of corpses?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Apparently I joined the community group, but not the goon one. Can someone throw me an invite? I don't have nearly enough competent coop cop-murder in my life.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DelphiAegis/

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Crabtree posted:

Did you get it from marv? Show me your steam ID and I'll send you one if I didn't.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197966968026/

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Crabtree posted:

Also last round of the cop masks. EH.

They ran out of effects ideas as I think all of them have glowy eyes.

The new five all have glowy eyes but they're unique particle effects. Mega death wish isn't animated at all.

Mega doctor crime has the pulsating surface of mega wolf but green and a square outline eye effect. I might wear them on the occasion someone else has them too but the nightvision goggles are too good painted teal and pink.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Never going to break the curse of consistently getting weapon skins for weapons I don't use.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I wonder how Bonnie and Hoxton feel about Brexit.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

Man, I came back to my infamy whatever high level dude and even with level appropriate rooms turned off, practically every game is Overkill and Deathwish.

Game please, I'm not anywhere near this decent anymore. :ohdear:

My infamy 0 rear end got dragged through Overdrill and that wasn't over till 1 in the morning, YOU CAN DO IT!

But seriously, the skill rebalance makes it hard to screw up. Just go pick up Muscle or some other health regen deck, drop your skill points in what looks good, and you should do fine.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Meldonox posted:

I wonder how Bonnie and Hoxton feel about Brexit.

http://twitter.com/OVERKILL_TM/status/746227548707651584

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jun 24, 2016

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

xanthan posted:

My infamy 0 rear end got dragged through Overdrill and that wasn't over till 1 in the morning, YOU CAN DO IT!

But seriously, the skill rebalance makes it hard to screw up. Just go pick up Muscle or some other health regen deck, drop your skill points in what looks good, and you should do fine.
I made the mistake of investing all of my points in the super dodge-y deck when I was new, thinking dodging sounded cool. Now I'm level 80ish and wish I had Muscle instead. Muscle is the one that damaging (killing?) cops gives you health regen, right?

Is there anywhere that has a compilation of what each deck does once it is filled out? Its tough scrolling through each of the perk decks' different cards to trying figure out what the end bonus totals are.

edit: I must admit, running around in a LBV and not dying unless I do something Really Dumb is cool, though, and I dont even have the dodge deck completed.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Bort Bortles posted:

I made the mistake of investing all of my points in the super dodge-y deck when I was new, thinking dodging sounded cool. Now I'm level 80ish and wish I had Muscle instead. Muscle is the one that damaging (killing?) cops gives you health regen, right?

Is there anywhere that has a compilation of what each deck does once it is filled out? Its tough scrolling through each of the perk decks' different cards to trying figure out what the end bonus totals are.

edit: I must admit, running around in a LBV and not dying unless I do something Really Dumb is cool, though, and I dont even have the dodge deck completed.

Muscle is just the flat health regen period.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The long guide's section on perk decks is good, although often written in an overly technical manner.

Muscle just gives health regen, it's best used with ICTV. Grinder is the deck that gives you health on kills, and only works with the suit or a LBV.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jun 24, 2016

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dr Cheeto posted:

The long guide's section on perk decks is good, although often written in an overly technical manner.

Muscle just gives health regen, it's best used with ICTV. Grinder is the deck that gives you health on kills, and only works with the suit or a LBV.
Ahh thank you.... drat I've been doing it wrong this whole time.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

Would hoxton shoot himself in the foot while doing it? Cause it would be apropos if he did.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

It's absolutely nuts and unforgiving on deathwish but it's actually one of my favorites. Run it with some goons, solo is hell.

Pro tip: if you land on one of the three folded cushions you won't take any fall damage.

Lab rats is actually pretty simple on DW.

1) start the chems drop as soon as possible. 1 member should be a dodge/suit build and runs to the end of the map, while the other three members space out from the truck to the cloaker safe.

2) when the chems drop, get as many bags as possible off the ground and ensure that by the time the cops hit en masse, no heister is on the ground. Ensure that all bags that are closest to the spawn in truck (basically up to the cloaker safe) are off the ground.

3) bring all available bags up to the blue barrel and hunker down. The remaining cops will bring the bags to the far end of the map, near the meth. During a fade, the team should rescue those bags and bring them back up to the barrel.

3b) dump all available drugs into their respective barrels. During an assault for the blue barrel you're standing on and for acid (the on that you have to go out on the wire for). The last chemical on the lower barrel is best saved for fades.

4) once the cook is done, smash up the meth from the barrels and then send your fast guy out there to bag it up and throw it to collection. The rest of the team waits on the barrel, signals the chopper and then gets the gently caress out of dodge.

5) profit! or;

6) if you want to cook more meth, drive nails in to your dick, I think.

I did this with Vox (who was complaining about it :v:) in one shot. Smooth as silk.

Party Miser
Apr 1, 2011
I was playing that stealth mission where you have to rob a military base of seven loot items without being detected, it was last night with another goon. We had four bags in the van and the final three ready to move across the base. Then another goon showed up and almost immediately was caught.

Sixty seconds later first goon and I already had the game closed and loading up something else.

Thanks for listening to my story about how pubbies aren't the only ones to gently caress things up.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
https://twitter.com/petegold_/status/745554463037874177

Drewjitsu posted:

I did this with Vox (who was complaining about it :v:) in one shot. Smooth as silk.

FWIW the team getting spread out so heavily by the multiple levels of the map makes the outcomes kinda binary- either things go smoothly or someone gets downed and everything goes to hell.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I was gifted the base game and now I've got all the DLC except the heists in my shopping cart. Are any of the sale heists really worth picking up if I'm getting all the character and weapon packs?

How important is being able to host heists?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Discendo Vox posted:

FWIW the team getting spread out so heavily by the multiple levels of the map makes the outcomes kinda binary- either things go smoothly or someone gets downed and everything goes to hell.

Yeah this is why I don't like Lab Rats. Well, aside from the bugginess (which tends to cause those situations in the first place).

Swagger Dagger posted:

I was gifted the base game and now I've got all the DLC except the heists in my shopping cart. Are any of the sale heists really worth picking up if I'm getting all the character and weapon packs?

If you're playing with goons, not very. Though some of them do come with neat weapons and masks and stuff that you'd be missing out on.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Swagger Dagger posted:

Not super important, although generally the heist DLC also has bonus stuff that comes with it like guns and masks so some of those might be interesting.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Swagger Dagger posted:

You don't have to own the heists to play them, but when you're getting frustrated by assholes kicking people for such crimes as "bringing a sniper rifle to Big Bank" or "I don't like the way you type", it's really nice to be able to host. I would skip Armored Transport (but it has some good guns) and The Bomb Heists (and Biker, if you want to wait for a sale on that) but honestly the rest are a lot of fun. Plus they're less than $2 each, and you can probably get someone here to give you Golden Grin for free.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Except he's kidnapped Bonnie and is making her leave as well. And about 1/4 of Clover.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

If I remember right, Hotline Miami has the best bang for your buck since it gives you a handful of good SMGs.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

The hold out spot on the barrel is pretty good. If someone goes down away from the group, it's better to just trade them fit a cop hostage during a fade, than wiping the group trying to rescue them.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Plan Z posted:

If I remember right, Hotline Miami has the best bang for your buck since it gives you a handful of good SMGs.

Also the best song in the game. That's just incidental, though.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Also the best song in the game. That's just incidental, though.

Uh, didn't Flames of Love come with the BBQ pack?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Discendo Vox Presents:

Why I am not a bug reporting forum mod

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

gently caress man, I was angry every single waking hour of every single day for the couple years I did tech support, and I was getting paid for it. I hope that poor fucker isn't a volunteer or obligated to maintain an SLA.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Meldonox posted:

I still use that for payday or menu music. If I'm the mood, I'll just run it on an external player as I heist. Too lazy to mod it into rotation. So long as you're setting everything on fire :haw:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Meldonox posted:

Flames of Love was made for the BBQ Pack but if you want it in-game you need the B-Sides DLC IIRC

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Meldonox posted:

gently caress man, I was angry every single waking hour of every single day for the couple years I did tech support, and I was getting paid for it. I hope that poor fucker isn't a volunteer or obligated to maintain an SLA.

Volunteers, all. I don't know what an SLA is. Being sane and reporting a lot of bugs is how I've gotten things like advance access to the skill rebalance- half the time they just want to hear from someone who doesn't have their own DSM entry.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

I don't know what an SLA is.

A Service Level Agreement, which essentially means "a contractually-binding maximum time to respond to a ticket." A two-hour first response SLA would mean you're contractually obliged to provide a first response to every new customer ticket (usually the first response is just "okay, we've seen this" and maybe "please give us logs") within two hours, or you are in breach of your SLA, which means your company is getting fined and you're probably getting fired if it happens regularly.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jun 24, 2016

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Drewjitsu posted:

The hold out spot on the barrel is pretty good. If someone goes down away from the group, it's better to just trade them fit a cop hostage during a fade, than wiping the group trying to rescue them.

In the bags at the base of the barrel isn't bad, either. While not ideal, when I ran it last down there you could limit your exposed angles pretty well.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I just played with Three Goons who were great I'm glad they ran me through the diamond Heist twice and then some Call of Duty fuckin Russian mission I went from Level 1 to 57 in 3 missions I got a bunch of money it was super fun

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Waroduce posted:

I just played with Three Goons who were great I'm glad they ran me through the diamond Heist twice and then some Call of Duty fuckin Russian mission I went from Level 1 to 57 in 3 missions I got a bunch of money it was super fun

It was Jewelry Store and Diamond Store, aka Free Levels. The Diamond is a different heist where we steal a particularly big individual diamond from a museum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm trying to do the stealth tutorial and I fail every time I deploy the ECM jammer to shut off a camera. This is exactly what it tells me to do, so I'm really confused. What am I missing?