Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
seeya david, go back home to your pig in a blanket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

If Puerto Rico can be a state then you better believe that Scotland can

Neither can be a state until they start speaking English.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
jesus loving christ

welp, I'm off to amazon.co.uk

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

no one wants to move there you moose fucker

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Chichevache posted:

Neither can be a state until they start speaking English.

Scots is amazing to read because it's literally a heavy Scottish accent transcribed phonetically

I love it

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
I'm so disappointed in our populace.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Hogge Wild posted:

thank god we'll take the refugees as long as they're not british

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Next ep Last Week Tonight is gonna be savage

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

This is the best poo poo
https://sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Hogge Wild posted:

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Roflol old racist people causing another economic crash poo poo is too funny

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29Mg6Gfh9Co

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

Next ep Last Week Tonight is gonna be savage

It's all going downhill from here

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

lmao

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
theyre all gonna come to new zealand!!!! we just upped our refugee quotas last week!!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Stay safe Downing Street Cat

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Junior Jr. posted:

Either the new PM is Boris or they promote George Osbourne.

I hope to god it's not the latter.

No, now we definitely get Boris. He isn't the hero we need, but the hero we deserve.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

quote:

Breetish Member o Pairlament Jo Cox dies efter bein shot an stabbed in Birstall, Wast Yorkshire.

Holy :laffo:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

spud posted:

No, now we definitely get Boris. He isn't the hero we need, but the hero we deserve.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Junior Jr. posted:

Either the new PM is Boris or they promote George Osbourne.

I hope to god it's not the latter.

Nah, with this result and his previous performance Bumnose should be well and truly out of the race.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

CountryMatters posted:

But the situation is either the 499 people get what they want or the 501 people get what they want. If 501 people isn't enough of a majority to get what they want, why is 499 somehow sufficient?

(perhaps foolishly seriousposting again, but I think this is an interesting question)

it's a fair point, and it's hard to resolve in the abstract. in a lot of situations we tend to put the burden on the people who want to change the status quo. for example, a jury trial is a vote, and virtually all us criminal courts require a unanimous vote to convict, which is effectively a huge bias in favor of the status quo. similarly us constitutional amendments require a supermajority to pass, and it's not uncommon for supermajorities to be required for things like corporate mergers. all these situations are different, but I think there are perhaps some common threads among them, including that changing the status quo may entail disproportionate risk (i.e. it's harder to predict what the consequences will be) and that risk has to be shared by everyone. I agree it's a tough question though

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
peace out UK

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

Breetish widrawal frae the European Union, eften shortened tae Brexit (a portmanteau o "Breetish" or "Breetain" an "exit"),[1][2] is a poleetical goal that haes been pursued bi various individuals, advocacy groups, an poleetical pairties syne the Unitit Kinrick (UK) jyned the precursor o the European Union (EU) in 1973.
https://sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitit_Kinrick_widrawal_frae_the_European_Union

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
This is when King Arthur wakes up right?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

PBS Newshour posted:

It's gonna be the Briton/Welsh Arthur who leads Wales and Cornwall to independence after Northern Ireland and Scotland leave. The Anglo-saxons will be left alone with their little chunk of the island.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

PBS Newshour posted:

Atrocious Joe posted:

A new leader for a new age

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

I'd definitely trade the Deep South for that.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

it's cute the way your colonial rear end is acting like you matter.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Man Whore posted:

Its okay Britain. You can join the North American Union that we are going to form. We can rename it the North Atlantic Union.

I prefer "Uncle Sam's Club"

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

This is gonna wreck havoc with our fishing quotas, isn't it? :sigh:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Your new flag's gonna be ugly and boring without that Scottish blue

mr_cramalldees
Dec 14, 2015

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
I hope the queen says "gently caress parliament", then the royal family takes over again.

THEN! God Emperor Trump dumps his slam piece and swoops in and marries the queen in November.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

YES

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Featurt airticle

Atlanta is considered tae be a top business ceety an is a primar transportation hub o the Sootheastren Unitit States—via heich-gate, railroad, an air. Atlanta conteens the warld heidquairters o corporations such as The Coca-Cola Company, The Home Depot, AT&T Mobility, UPS, Delta Air Lines, an Turner Broadcasting. Atlanta haes the kintra's fowert-lairgest concentration o Fortune 500 companies, an mair than 75 percent o Fortune 1000 companies hae business operations in the metropolitan aurie, helpin Atlanta realize a gross metropolitan product o US$270 billion, accoontin for mair than twa-thirds o Georgie's economy. Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta Internaitional Airport haes been the warld's busiest airport syne 1998.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Crazy Ted posted:

Featurt airticle

Atlanta is considered tae be a top business ceety an is a primar transportation hub o the Sootheastren Unitit States—via heich-gate, railroad, an air. Atlanta conteens the warld heidquairters o corporations such as The Coca-Cola Company, The Home Depot, AT&T Mobility, UPS, Delta Air Lines, an Turner Broadcasting. Atlanta haes the kintra's fowert-lairgest concentration o Fortune 500 companies, an mair than 75 percent o Fortune 1000 companies hae business operations in the metropolitan aurie, helpin Atlanta realize a gross metropolitan product o US$270 billion, accoontin for mair than twa-thirds o Georgie's economy. Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta Internaitional Airport haes been the warld's busiest airport syne 1998.

lol

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i wonder if cameron has realized his legacy is gonna be food banks becoming common in the uk and the destruction of our economy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
WATCH CAMERON HEART A BOAR

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

united kingdom

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Can't wait for John Oliver to call this a SCHOOOPID DECISION even though he personally brexited like a decade ago lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

The Sun posted:

OOP YOURS! Northern voters back Leave as they defy Labour’s elite and give two fingers to Brussels

• Locked thread