Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Im an anti authoritarian anti imperialist anti fascist. Thats why i think i need to have large parts of my country's policies and budget decided by unelected foriegn officials who are often vocally contemptuous of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Junior Jr. posted:

Dear America,

If you are serious about not wanting Trump president. Then for god's sake, don't make the mistake we made.

Lots of love, hugs and kisses,

Every Liberal brit in the UK

Dear liberal brits: gently caress your liberal values.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

THE PWNER posted:

Not many fascists just yet. Britain First only right now, pretty much. Thatīs why Iīm saying it WILL rise by 2022, not that it has, Idiot.

Let's be real it's England now because Scotland will leave and Ireland might reunify.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

cock hero flux posted:

fascism happens when all the alternatives to look worse than shaving your head and going around beating the poo poo out of people for poorly explained reasons

when you realize that fascism is winning you don't go around telling people that fascism is bad. everyone knows that fascism is bad. it's loving retarded and nobody ever actually thought it was a good idea. you look inward and go "wait what the gently caress are we doing wrong that everyone wants to go do that poo poo instead of listening to us?"

Thatīs great, whereīd you get that idea from though? The history of fighting fascism?

The only tactic that has ever worked against fascism, historically, is to beat it down. It's too bad insufferable liberals are loving obsessed with their idea that All Opinions and Ideologies Are Equal and Deserve a Fair Say. Let them have their platform guys. let them march in the streets and use the power of the internet to recruit dissatisfied people to their cause. Let's not bother to offer them actual alternatives; That's Radical Leftism, which is bad. Ever heard of HORSESHOE THEORY? I prefer my inactivist centrist liberalism. let them grow. nothing bad is going to happen. Don't fight against it, otherwise you're just as bad as them.

The reason that fascism will rise again despite the fact that we actually know what it is and exactly how to avoid it is loving liberals.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

SurfaceDetail posted:

Im an anti authoritarian anti imperialist anti fascist. Thats why i think i need to have large parts of my country's policies and budget decided by unelected foriegn officials who are often vocally contemptuous of me.

Speaking of which gently caress NAFTA, TPP, etc. so we stop exploiting foreign workers

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

cock hero flux posted:

fascism happens when all the alternatives to look worse than shaving your head and going around beating the poo poo out of people for poorly explained reasons

being a fascist doesn't actually mean you have to shave your head that was just a trend among a certain subset in the 80's and 90's

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Cartouche posted:

Dear liberal brits: gently caress your liberal values.

I voted to remain

I also voted to take your guns.

Be ready, as I am coming (probably on your face and it needs to be consensual....I will bring a contract and pen, ok?)

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
Now the time is right for the US to strike! We left as outcasts but we return as conquerors!!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Lmao David Cameron is done now lol

There's now way my country is full of racist idiots that can be whipped up into a frenzy by the ultra - cons at the drop of a hat; I'll put this "Brexit" issue to rest with a referendum!

- Big Dave "Pigfucker wow he got some head from a pig what was dead" Cammyman

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I might get banned for this,

but who knew a shot and a stab would earn you a million more votes?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Earwicker posted:

being a fascist doesn't actually mean you have to shave your head that was just a trend among a certain subset in the 80's and 90's

show me a picture of a fascist who had long hair

the absolute most they ever get away with is a crew cut

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

cock hero flux posted:

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva

Nodelphi posted:

Now the time is right for the US to strike! We left as outcasts but we return as conquerors!!

We will finally get a spot in Eurovision!

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

UK is 2% of the global economy, stock markets plunge 5% globally probably.

Well, looks like we just erased two and a half UKs.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

cock hero flux posted:

My man, how much do you know about metal?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Junior Jr. posted:

I jokingly want to believe it was a remain conspiracy now and the tories just killed an innocent woman for nothing

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Junior Jr. posted:

Just accept the result mate. If you think some spastic retard murdering a mother swayed the vote that much, then maybe take a break from the internet.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Junior Jr. posted:

Jesus was a convicted criminal in his day

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Inept posted:

UK is 2% of the global economy, stock markets plunge 5% globally probably.

Well, looks like we just erased two and a half UKs.

Oh no not the Imaginary monopoly funny money

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
I actually think there should be a temporary, mutually beneficial alliance between the right and the left where we purge every loving liberal.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

spud posted:

Just accept the result mate. If you think some spastic retard murdering a mother swayed the vote that much, then maybe take a break from the internet.

People are getting tired of fear mongering which is good

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I'm waiting like a buzzard on a fence post for the stock market to open here

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm waiting like a buzzard on a fence post for the stock market to open here

We all are

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
lol there is a thread about this in dnd and the first two pages is all people saying "if there was a general election and labour got in somehow they could ignore this right? that's a fine way for democracy to work surely"

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Donald Trump is a chaos candidate

- Jeb(!) Bush

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
My apologies if this is a dumb American question but why does Cameron have to resign over this?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Has the Queen or other Royals commented on the result yet ?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

spud posted:

it's stupid because the cox murder markedly swung the polls away from leave

they were going to win before she died and they still won afterwards

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Hammerite posted:

lol there is a thread about this in dnd and the first two pages is all people saying "if there was a general election and labour got in somehow they could ignore this right? that's a fine way for democracy to work surely"

Why do you expect a bunch of communists to respect democracy ?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

cuck cuck im gay posted:

My apologies if this is a dumb American question but why does Cameron have to resign over this?

He said he will if his side loses.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

cuck cuck im gay posted:

It was his idea to hold a referendum as a way to make people shut up about leaving the EU because remain was surely gonna win, then he got hosed

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Decebal posted:

Fyi communists despise the EU

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Oh no not the Imaginary monopoly funny money

but the big short taught me that a lot of people die when the stock market falls or something

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

When your PMs don't want the job anymore they set themselves up for failure in a way that brings ruin to the country upon their abrupt exit?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

cuck cuck im gay posted:

he campaigned for the "stay" side and still thinks we should stay. Basically it's a bit of a rebuff to his position on the whole thing, it's zeroed his credibility and it would go down badly for him to be leading the way in determining how to get us out, when everyone knows he doesn't think we should be getting out in the first place.

also the tory party would probably knife him in the back lol, for the above and other reasons

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Lots of people fighting the last war, ITT

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

cuck cuck im gay posted:

brexit = he sux at his job, apparently

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
This whole day was a wonderful spectacle just to see David shoot himself in the foot.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Decebal posted:

lol yeah dude

i don't think you realise but any leftist most definitely opposes the neoliberal hellhole that is the EU

the worrying part of brexit for leftists is not the consequences of the vote itself, rather that the result was undeniably swayed to leave by the ridiculous racist and nationalist sentiment being espoused as of late

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Hammerite posted:

whenever democracy happens the radicals on the losing side bitching about how democracy sucks

in this instance it's people in dnd bitching about how it's old white people's faults

if remain had won it'd be /pol/ bitching about how it was the immigrant's faults

it boils down to people saying that certain segments of the population should be denied suffrage for not agreeing with them, and it's always stupid and it always happens and if you look at the specific people who end up bitching about it always ends up being the best argument for the merits of democracy because holy gently caress, if we had a dictator it could be one of those guys

• Locked thread