Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Petr
Oct 3, 2000
I've definitely got my Arzy on this morning. Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

haveblue posted:

Do the Cromwell thing and scatter parts of him all over the country so he has no grave.

Then you get weird bits for charnel houses. Do the 'MERICA thing and sink him deep in the ocean in a metal box with holes in it to allow sea life in.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I've seen a few places say the leave will help Trump. How?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Fun fact: the US ambassador to the UK is a campaign donor who ran cnet.com for a while and says he hates british food. But he is a descendant of John Winthrop, who founded the Massachusetts Bay Colony.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I've seen a few places say the leave will help Drumpf. How?

The Leave vote is tanking the economy. Trump with campaign on getting things back on track.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Clearly his isolationist policies are what we need after isolationist policies tanked the economy.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Dark magic. The same that dick Cheney sustains on.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

BigRed0427 posted:

The Leave vote is tanking the economy. Trump with campaign on getting things back on track.

Notable leave supporter Donald Trump.

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Joementum posted:

Fun fact: the US ambassador to the UK is a campaign donor who ran cnet.com for a while and says he hates british food. But he is a descendant of John Winthrop, who founded the Massachusetts Bay Colony.

Does anyone not hate British food?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

BigRed0427 posted:

Trump is on record saying he supported the Leave, and at the same time admitted not knowing much about it. As long as the Democrats drive home the fact that Trump supported something that killed the economy, and has a history of awful economic decisions, then they should be able to come out on top.

On the other hand, nothing matters. :(

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Huff nitrogen gas until enough upper brain functions shut down for it to make sense and you'll see

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

The Larch posted:

Raccoons and other scavengers.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Petr posted:

I've definitely got my Arzy on this morning. Christ.

Arzy is going "They Sky is Falling?"

Yeah, I feel that.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Clearly his isolationist policies are what we need after isolationist policies tanked the economy.

No!!! You're thinking! Stop it you won't get anywhere doing that

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Because it shows you can win with crazy baseless nationalism and racism against all logic and reason (which is basically Trump's campaign)

In reality though the coming UK economic meltdown might convince people that this track is bad.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/LauraTopham/status/746260604936200192

Which is also how Trump became the GOP nominee

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

When protest votes go wrong.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

How loving retarded do you have to be to vote for what you don't want? What the ever loving gently caress?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Arrgytehpirate posted:

How loving retarded do you have to be to vote for what you don't want? What the ever loving gently caress?

Ask this question again in YCS and come back to us for empirical results

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I see you're not familiar with thing where shocked Republican voters were all going 'Oh my god! The ridiculous tea party governor is actually destroying our health insurance like he said he would! I NEED THAT TO LIVE!'

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Larch posted:

Fish and chips is pretty good, but it's fairly hard to gently caress up fried fish and french fries.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Does shepherd's pie count as british because I would freebase that poo poo if it were possible

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

zoux posted:

This is priceless, holy poo poo.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

zoux posted:

Direct 👏🏻Democracy 👏🏻 Is 👏🏻 A 👏🏻 Mistake

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Goatman Sacks posted:

Because it shows you can win with crazy baseless nationalism and racism against all logic and reason (which is basically Trump's campaign)

In reality though the coming UK economic meltdown might convince people that this track is bad.

This was a definite bonus to the anti-Trump argument in November. It may take 2.5-3 years for the UK to fully exit from the EU, but as we see with Morgan Stanley getting ready to relocate 2000 positions from London to Dublin and Frankfurt, the pain is going to set in very soon. Being able to witness others suffer the repercussions of the nationalism that Trump is pushing for, will be a cautionary tale to people looking for change. Change is not necessarily going to be positive.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Necc0 posted:

Direct 👏🏻Democracy 👏🏻 Is 👏🏻 A 👏🏻 Mistake

Hamilton Was Right

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Night10194 posted:

I see you're not familiar with thing where shocked Republican voters were all going 'Oh my god! The ridiculous tea party governor is actually destroying our health insurance like he said he would! I NEED THAT TO LIVE!'

"Its Obama's fault"
"Oh OK" *votes for same guy again*

Same thing will happen to GB when the economy is in the shits: use a scapegoat

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

zoux posted:

It's dumb that opposing this means political suicide if there's a possibility that the general populace doesn't even really want it

It sounds like a significant number of voters just pulled the ANGRY lever, not that they had an opinion on the EU, really

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

WoodrowSkillson posted:

20 years ago really. We are collectively dealing with consequences from the cold war, and from globalization creating global consequences from issues like syria. Its gonna take us time to adjust, and right now its not going well in terms of xenophobia and isolationism.

Let me tell you as a black person who was alive and remembers 20 years ago:

No it isn't. This generation of white people is the nicest group that this planet has seen in quite a lot time.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

theflyingorc posted:

It sounds like a significant number of voters just pulled the ANGRY lever, not that they had an opinion on the EU, really

directdemocracy.txt

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

It's dumb that opposing this means political suicide if there's a possibility that the general populace doesn't even really want it

Again, which is how Trump became the GOP nominee

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

WampaLord posted:

Fish and chips is pretty good, but it's fairly hard to gently caress up fried fish and french fries.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I kind of wonder how many people pulled the lever for LEAVE while not believing the experts and the warnings of their country's allies and then woke up this morning to see that the pound plummeted and the markets took a hit and thought, "Oh holy gently caress maybe they were right after all"

It's like that moment that an anti-vaxxer's child ends up with some preventable disease - nobody wins.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I see you people dissing British food have clearly never indulged in the perfect breakfast that is the full English.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Boon posted:

I kind of wonder how many people pulled the lever for LEAVE while not believing the experts and the warnings of their country's allies and then woke up this morning to see that the pound plummeted and the markets took a hit and thought, "Oh holy gently caress maybe they were right after all"

It's like that moment that an anti-vaxxer's child ends up with some preventable disease - nobody wins.
Anyone who thinks that way is short-sighted and selfish enough to shift the blame within a good 30 seconds or so anyway.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I see you people dissing British food have clearly never indulged in the perfect breakfast that is the full English.

Americans do it better.

Not because of any item-swaps, but because Americans require two plates and a bloody mary before it's even considered worthwhile

Also, I only paid for the bloody mary

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

zoux posted:

democracy was a mistake

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

thecluckmeme posted:

Americans do it better.

Not because of any item-swaps, but because Americans require two plates and a bloody mary before it's even considered worthwhile

Also, I only paid for the bloody mary

Where? I love a good Bloody Mary.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'm not sure what kind of thing I'm seeing here.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

It's just an American breakfast with beans, though? And I don't really care for beans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

NI politicians discussing unification vote. Amazing.

• Locked thread