Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Peztopiary posted:

Watching GW crater because of Brexit only to get bought out by Hasbro for the IP is my current 'enormous fuckups' fantasy.

Then they both explode when Trump is elected. 2016 is quite a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI

Kai Tave posted:

it hastens the inevitable collapse of modern civilization so that Games Workshop's games will soon be the pinnacle luxury good/new currency in the upcoming post-apocalyptic future.

If the apocalypse ever happens it won't be running around from rape gangs it'll be a lot of D&D and Star Trek Attack Wing.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Peztopiary posted:

Watching GW crater because of Brexit only to get bought out by Hasbro for the IP is my current 'enormous fuckups' fantasy.

It's right there on the list of "things I thought were impossible but just might actually end up happening", right along with "fully independent Scotland" and "a reunified Ireland". And it's all because of Brexit, the referendum that sounds like a breakfast cereal. :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thanks Brexit. Threxit.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

Thanks Brexit. Threxit.

Thbrexit. Which sounds like something Bill the Cat would say.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Thbrexit is my favorite Don Martin onomatopoeia.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

it hastens the inevitable collapse of modern civilization so that Games Workshop's games will soon be the pinnacle luxury good/new currency in the upcoming post-apocalyptic future.

The jewel-like objects of magic and wonder will fetch many bullets and much grain in the brave new economy.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Brexit killed the Dollarydoo at the same time as it killed the pound, so no suddenly cheaper Mantic stuff for us

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
So, does mantic ship overseas? I don't want to buy from their US store :(

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Atrocious Joe posted:

The jewel-like objects of magic and wonder will fetch many bullets and much grain in the brave new economy.

Someone needs to do a mockup of a War Boy spraying their mouths using that expensive Sigmarine gold paint.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

drgnvale posted:

So, does mantic ship overseas? I don't want to buy from their US store :(

Yes they do

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Poor UK. On the upside all the UK computer poo poo I can possibly want cheap. If you know I wasn't doing things like paying bills and poo poo ahead of time.

Mantic doesn't deserve being there I say.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

FrostyPox posted:

Brexit apparently is happening now

I have no idea what this means for Britain, good luck, you limey duders.

The Bank of England has pegged pound sterling to the Sigmarine.

Like, literally no one knows how this is going to play out but it's probably not a good idea to be shipping relatively heavy little metal luxury toys to continental Europe as a business model right now.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I guess these guys just got a lot cheaper if you're American or European

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I read Dan Abnett's Titan comics. They have a bunch of scenes of Titans being boarded, it's pretty cool.

GW is doing all these board games, they should do one where you have to defend a Titan from being boarders on the inside. Like, Mechanicus vs. Dark Mechanicus and cultists

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Vitamin P posted:

The Bank of England has pegged pound sterling to the Sigmarine.

The US got off the Ur-Gold standard decades ago, but we still have idiots clamoring for it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
There's a lot of investment in gold mining companies as the market seeks traditionally safe havens. GW's switch back to metal casting is forecast to reduce their model prices by 15%.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

goatface posted:

There's a lot of investment in gold mining companies as the market seeks traditionally safe havens. GW's switch back to metal casting is forecast to reduce their model prices by 15%.

so our price will increase by 15%

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

brexit: The Boris Heresy

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

quote:

All units have an assigned role.
Leader, Battleline, Behemoth, Artillery, no role.
Depending on points you play you are required/limited on number of units of each type you can take. Lets say we play 1000pts battle.
In that case you are required to take
2+ Battleline units
1-4 Leaders
0-2 Behemoths
0-2 Artillery
Any number of no role units

Some units have both types so they take up both slots at once.
Some units can become battleline if you take specific leader

Somehow I missed the part about summoning while taking photos but as far as I remember it works along the lines:
We play 1000 pts battle
You can decide to spent any of those points on summoning. So lets say you take 700 points on field and 300 points are "held in reserve: as summoning.
You summon any unit within said 300 points limit later in game. Points are used for summon so no recycling.

Armies build entirely of one Alliance are given extra rule. Generals can take 1 extra ability out of 6 predefined ones. Also there are 6 artefacts that can be taken by heroes at no additional cost.

Each alliance has its own set of
1 Battle Trait
6 Command Traits for your general
6 Artefacts that "any (non-unique) hero can be given one..."

Battle traits are
Death: For each wount or mortal wound suffered by DEATH unit within your army that is within 10" of your General or another Hero from your army, roll a die. On a 6 or more the wound is negated.
Destruction: Roll a dice in your hero phase for each unit from your army that is within 6" of General or another Hero from your army. The unit can move a number of inches equal to the dice roll, as if it were movement phase, but cannot run. This does not affect their ability to move again later in the turn.

Chaos: Roll a dice when you pick a Chaos unit to attack in combat that is within 8" of general or other your hero. On a roll of 6 you can add 1 to all hit rolls for the unit in that phase.
Order: You can re-roll battleshock tests (in battleshock phase) for friendly Order units that are within 12" of general or other hero in your army.

(order artifacts. chose one, no roll)

1. Attack in combat before anyone else (one use potion)
2. Improve Rend by 1, not for mounts
3. +1 Damage for one weapon
4. -1 to To Hit for enemies you wounded (for rest of battle)
5. Once per battle -1 to Hit for all enemies agains model with this artefact
6. Heal 1 wound in each of your hero phases.

quote:

Prime 360
Judicators 160pts per 5
Liberators 100pts per 5
vexillor 200pts
heraldor 120pts
venator 120pts
Celestant /on dracoth 100/220
Prosecutors hammers/javelins 100/80pts per 3models
Retributors 220 per 5
Stardrake 500/600pts
Drake cav 240pts per 2 models with concussors as exception at 280

Nagash is 900
Archaon is 700

Arielle is 620

New unit names are Tree Revenants and one other type of Revenants 100 pts/5 both
and Kurnoth Hunters (or something like that) 180pts/3

Kairos 300
Lord of Change 260
Great Unclean 240
Skarbrand 400
Bloodthirsters 280-360 depending on version
Verminlord 300
Keeper of Secrets 280"

NO POINTS or battlefield roles for any forge world units in the book.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
This is hilarious.

"We don't need points, everything works just as intended!"

*introduces points, changes the stuff people thought was a mistake*

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

The best part is I've seen Age of Sigmar fans wailing and gnashing their teeth about how the game is ruined now because there's POINTS.

See: That Dakka thread I posted a while back,

Prediction: This is what kills Age of Sigmar as the few people were playing liked the "no points" bullshit and quit, and new people don't pick it up because Age of Sigmar is still a bad game.

The conclusion GW draws will be, as usual, the wrong one; they will decide they were right all along to not have points in Age of Sigmar and points is what killed the game.

Next: Age of Emperor, no points

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

A no-points 40k could be fantastic if handled properly. (It won't be.) Fix formations to a standardized platoon or equivalent, balance the armies around that as a unit.

Instead of affixing points to micromanagement additions like special/heavy weapons, normalize the in-game value of each special/heavy weapon choice and allocate option them to each squad.

Basically transition from a la cart list building to course meals. Army size becomes "number of courses."

So instead of ABC points, you agree to have a game of X platoons. Then the armies start looking like armies instead of random toys a kid picked out from the toy store.

TL;DR Unbound was a step in exactly the wrong loving direction.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
"Officers" and their subordinates perhaps. Then you can still have horde armies against elite troops.

Or could do, if that didn't dangerously risk people not buying as many models as possible.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

goatface posted:

"Officers" and their subordinates perhaps. Then you can still have horde armies against elite troops.

Or could do, if that didn't dangerously risk people not buying as many models as possible.

A properly specific force org chart gives more guys to the horde armies.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Brexit!

OK probably a megapost after we see stuff settle out next week, but for now I'll just point out a handful of things:

The UK pound falling against the dollar does not mean british stuff is cheaper for britons. This is why GW's stock is actually holding up pretty well: its dividend, paid in pounds, is still attractive to British investors, which is... most of its investors. Probably almost all. In the short term (say, the next month or three) unless GW announces a change in its dividend, don't expect the stock to tank. It's down, of course, every UK stock is down, but it's down less than the average as investors seek safer dividend-paying stocks.

GW's costs for selling things overseas are certain to rise. Uncertainty over the fate of the EU will likely add to regulatory uncertainty - will the UK continue to comply with EU regulations, in order to not see its trade with the continent severed? Will the UK parliament be forced to adopt many of those regulations directly? Or will EU countries desperate to trade with the UK make concessions? Nobody really knows.

But GW's costs for selling to the US will rise as the pound falls, just like every other UK exporter to the US. This does not necessarily translate into cheaper prices for Americans - GW (and other British companies) are very likely to maintain constant prices denominated in Dollars, since that directly benefits their bottom line.

Brexit probably also tanks the UK economy generally, though. And that probably means poorer sales at GW retail locations in the UK, plus poorer sales on GW's website. GW is doing well with videogame licenses overseas, but the bulk of its revenues are still (and always have been) domestic sales via retail and web/mailorder. I don't expect Brexit to severely impact GW's next annual report, which I think is due in July... but the six month report after that is probably going to show a sharp drop in sales, and that's not good news for the company obviously.

Finally... irrespective of what Cameron insisted, this was a non-binding referendum. It's not too late for UK politicians to decide to ignore it. Probably at their peril, but... Brexit will take at least two years of negotiations with the EU to complete and the most severe effects of that divorce will not be felt until that process is complete.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Is there danger to smaller outfits like Hawk and Mantic?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

wdarkk posted:

Is there danger to smaller outfits like Hawk and Mantic?

Absolutely. Any UK-based business that has a significant export or import business with Europe is at risk.

More broadly, the entire UK economy is at risk.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

'twas Brexit killed the GW beast

EDIT: On a more serious note, I really hope that the effects aren't as bad as a lot of people fear. I admit part of this comes from a selfish place since I really don't want Hawk or Steamforged to go out of business because I want to keep buying their poo poo but I also really don't want to see massive unemployment and prices of necessities skyrocket in the UK cuz that's real lovely

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jun 24, 2016

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
On the plus side, this might set the ball rolling to ultimately destroy the EU entirely.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I'd amend that to the world economy is at risk given the large UK financial sector.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

It's looking like apocalypse predictors were 4 years early. :ohdear:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I posted something about GW going bad late this year in the second round of bets so I'm still in. :evilbuddy:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Now I feel I should've joined in on the death pool proper.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:siren: I'm at an LGS right now and after the employee tried to get him to buy AOS, he talked to him about options he went for what looks like the 7th/8th starter instead.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Avenging Dentist posted:

On the plus side, this might set the ball rolling to ultimately destroy the EU entirely.

Hooray! And then maybe in another decade or so we can get back to having horrifying intra-European wars! Wheee.

No but seriously, the EU may suck really badly but it's an institution that came out of post-WWII sentiment that europe needed to come together not only to pool economic power, but to reduce the odds of a WWIII ever happening. A collapse of the EU is not really in anyone's best interests.

Well. Maybe Vladimir Putin's.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Leperflesh posted:

A collapse of the EU is not really in anyone's best interests.

Tell that to the PIIGS nations. The austerity policies forced on them (Greece most of all) have been pretty devastating. Greece is still at something insane like 25% unemployment.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
The line up of political figures congratulating the UK in the vote is pretty telling. When people like Vlady, Trump and Palin give you a hi5 you know you hosed up.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Helicon One posted:

brexit: The Boris Heresy

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Avenging Dentist posted:

Tell that to the PIIGS nations. The austerity policies forced on them (Greece most of all) have been pretty devastating. Greece is still at something insane like 25% unemployment.

Greece will not be better off without the EU.

That's not an argument in favor of austerity or in favor of the EU's current policies. But Greece hosed itself with decades of rampant corruption, tax avoidance, and total lack of an attempt to build a modern economy, and that's not going to be different just because there's no longer a european entity forcing them to take austerity measures in return for the loans keeping them from completely collapsing as a failed state. The EU has been pouring hundreds of billions of dollars into Greece and that money isn't there without the implicit threat of a member state defaulting.

Also ask the eastern european EU countries how they feel about their chances against Putin when the EU collapses.

• Locked thread