Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Paranoid Peanut posted:

the only good thing of this vote is cameron stepping down... kind of a steep price, though

the debate on the worst PM of all time is officially ended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
I was all ready to buy cheap stocks today but the S&P 500 is only down 2% and already shooting back up. Come on people, panic! The world is supposed to be ending!

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Germstore posted:

maybe the left should find a second strategy to use when yelling "racism!" over and over again while flailing on the ground fails. just a tip.

Could try being more proactive in addressing the social, economic and educational issues that allow xenophobic or reactionary beliefs to take hold rather than just condescending people out of hand.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
loving buck toothed spotted dick eating inbred shits

good job idiots enjoy your dumb island and have fun Scotland leaving

Turkeybro
Nov 12, 2011

Looking for strong men to discover what's under the helmet.
If nothing else it will be good for the scots and the northen irish in that they will finally be able to break free from the chains of oppression and tell their english overlords to gently caress off. Shame the welsh voted to leave though cause now they will be the only servants left. Maybe England can revive the cornish and manx identities so they can poo poo on them too from now on.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

When the gently caress did felating yourself over your 401k become the cool new GBS thing? Because it's dumb as poo poo.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

reallivedinosaur posted:

lmbo oh no my stocks

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

OctaviusBeaver posted:

I was all ready to buy cheap stocks today but the S&P 500 is only down 2% and already shooting back up. Come on people, panic! The world is supposed to be ending!

it;s just going to be heaps of volatility around a steady selloff of everything to do with britain over the next couple of years. nothing's really changed here aside from notice being served that things will gradually get worse until the UK has reconfigured it's economy from a finance/service base to doing literally nothing

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Paranoid Peanut posted:

the only good thing of this vote is cameron stepping down... kind of a steep price, though
If he gets replaced with Boris the Retard is it really an improvement?

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Germstore posted:

maybe the left should find a second strategy to use when yelling "racism!" over and over again while flailing on the ground fails. just a tip.

sexism

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Nothing seems to be going according to plan this decade so I imagine some crazy shits a brewing in Europe that will make brexit look like a sound decision in hindsight

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Lmao everything is hosed

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

at least boris never hosed a pig, that we know of

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
I had some Fish & Chips today, to honour the day!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

motherbox posted:

When the gently caress did felating yourself over your 401k become the cool new GBS thing? Because it's dumb as poo poo.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2892928

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Honestly the neoliberal financial corporate tears are so goddamn good I now know why people that were leftists in the past spite vote for Trump because Bernie won't win.

Still won't vote for him but man is this great.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Casimir Radon posted:

This is shaping up to be the only time where I would vote David Cameron back in without even a hint of shame. Would now be a good time to move to Scotland? I'm guessing English people who're there when you lot gently caress off can go with you.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
the trump win will be so much better, there will probably be suicides and robocops just wandering out of their (upper-middle-class gated community) homes into the streets, weeping

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Most financial elite funds aren't in any legit financial system so lol if you think this hurts the elite more than the working class / normal folk who now have their retirement funds disappear overnight

I like how finance firms can treat peoples' pensions like a political football and this is not at all troubling or foreboding.

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Shoehead posted:

Lmao everything is hosed

p much

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
this is actually making me think a direct vote for trump is the way to go

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

City of Tampa posted:

the trump win will be so much better, there will probably be suicides and robocops just wandering out of their (upper-middle-class gated community) homes into the streets, weeping

The upside of this loving mess is that when Trump declares war on the EU I'll not give a poo poo.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Simstim posted:

I like how finance firms can treat peoples' pensions like a political football and this is not at all troubling or foreboding.

Gauging people's responses, you're not alone in thinking this is fine!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/5_News/status/746333341532598279?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Simstim posted:

How do you think the US banking system tanked in 2008?

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

a cop posted:

As long as you don't put it in a target date fund like a retard you're fine.

Wait why are these bad

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

THE PWNER posted:

That´s great, where´d you get that idea from though? The history of fighting fascism?

The only tactic that has ever worked against fascism, historically, is to beat it down. It's too bad insufferable liberals are loving obsessed with their idea that All Opinions and Ideologies Are Equal and Deserve a Fair Say. Let them have their platform guys. let them march in the streets and use the power of the internet to recruit dissatisfied people to their cause. Let's not bother to offer them actual alternatives; That's Radical Leftism, which is bad. Ever heard of HORSESHOE THEORY? I prefer my inactivist centrist liberalism. let them grow. nothing bad is going to happen. Don't fight against it, otherwise you're just as bad as them.

The reason that fascism will rise again despite the fact that we actually know what it is and exactly how to avoid it is loving liberals.

But enough about Islam.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
This is p. hilarious

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

vyst posted:

How do you think the US banking system tanked in 2008?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D-6zbSf_J4

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

This would be like if Trump got elected and was asked "so when is the wall going up" and he responded "actually there is no wall, you people are dumb"

UK politicians are cool

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

cuck cuck im gay posted:

My apologies if this is a dumb American question but why does Cameron have to resign over this?

lol at the word filter when you get quoted

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

THE PWNER posted:

lol yeah dude

i don't think you realise but any leftist most definitely opposes the neoliberal hellhole that is the EU

the worrying part of brexit for leftists is not the consequences of the vote itself, rather that the result was undeniably swayed to leave by the ridiculous racist and nationalist sentiment being espoused as of late

lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oh my goddddd The Thick of It is no longer a comedy

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

This would be like if Trump got elected and was asked "so when is the wall going up" and he responded "actually there is no wall, you people are dumb"

UK politicians are cool

I've been saying it for months, Trump has already built the wall in our hearts and minds.

It's a psychic wall against an enemy we're not equipped to comprehend, only guard against

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

lol

lol

well he's kinda right though, of course the NHS wouldn't get 100% of that, but drat I've never seen a politician blatantly called out like that before.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

OctaviusBeaver posted:

I told you guys it's not gonna be that bad

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

ceaselessfuture posted:

lol

lol

well he's kinda right though, of course the NHS wouldn't get 100% of that, but drat I've never seen a politician blatantly called out like that before.

I wish so bad an American reporter or journalist would ask a follow-up for once in their miserable lives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
Welp, it's finally all over but the shouting.
And the lawsuits, market manipulations, attempts to sow panic, threats, solemn promises, backbiting, paybacks, lies, drat lies, statistics, negotiations in bad faith, bribes, kickbacks, denial of the above, pigs oinking in outrage as they quietly check their accounts in Grand Cayman and stealthily charter planes, political nut-shots, liberal outrage and the resulting gales of derisive conservative mockery, resignations, posturing, frantic scrabbling by pols to retain their phonus-balonus jobs, fistfights, bar-fights, street-fights, cat-fights, pious finger-wagging lectures, savage denunciations, dejected weeping, dancing hilarity, drunken parties, death-dealing hangovers, yobs punching Muslims, Muslims punching yobs, bitching, screaming, moaning, carping and a general sense that things are more interesting now.
Now that's a party.

E: Did I miss anything?

E: (Obligatory outrageous slander) I hear there has been a spike in sheep divorces in Wales.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 24, 2016

• Locked thread