Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

hemophilia posted:

this made me google things which turned up this

if that's true lol then gently caress kissinger

people aren;t kidding when they call him a war criminal and a monster

but don't worry he's a big fan of Hillary Clinton and in the year 2016 she still feels that this is something to be extremely proud of, and a reason to vote for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Turkeybro posted:

gibraltar voted like 90% towards staying so will they get to hold a referendum to join spain now

they voted like that because they didn't want to have to join spain

now the brexit is nigh and spain is hungrily eyeing them

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FogHelmut posted:

I tried this 10 years ago and it just keeps going down.

BUT YOU SEE IT ALWAYS GOES UP

::points at Dow Jones average that has nothing to do with the funds your 401k is in::

DON'T YOU SEE?

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

*A bunch of 30-something trust fund babies with jobs handed to them by their fathers and couldn't mitigate downside risk ahead of a public vote*

"Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????"

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."

Give Pat a Job posted:

This is the first time I've ever watched Bloomberg TV and I work in the Financial Sector.

Is it funny?

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

EugeneJ posted:

I'll give Great Britain the same advice that financial advisers give me whenever the market is on a downswing

"Just ride it out, bro!"

don't just ride it out, buy heavily because this is clearly artificial and smart people will make money off it.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

McNutty posted:

Is it funny?

Whatever you do, don't read the Bloomberg magazine. Last issue had an article about Tim & Eric. SERIOUS BUSINESS REPORTING!!!!!!!!!

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Are they going to change the national anthem to the sound of an old woman shakily locking five deadbolts? Cause they should.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

spudsbuckley posted:

/wipes billions off of share prices of UK companies

/sends pound to lowest level in 30 years

/loses 2000 jobs on London so far

"Your move, Europe!" :smugface:

City of Tampa posted:

/the working class called the financial elite's bluff and this is their temper tantrum

/everything's back to normal in six months

I made this for fun, I don't really have an opinion on the matter:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AKA Pseudonym posted:

Are they going to change the national anthem to the sound of an old woman shakily locking five deadbolts? Cause they should.

The queen perfecting her act for Britain's Got Talent

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
One step closer to the glorious post-apocalyptic dream land of Waterworld becoming a reality

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

spudsbuckley posted:

/wipes billions off of share prices of UK companies

/sends pound to lowest level in 30 years

/loses 2000 jobs on London so far

"Your move, Europe!" :smugface:

i saw someone earlier assert that the effect on world markets demonstrates the UKs financial dominance

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

My girlfriend is Irish and works in the UK and is shocked at how stupid the Brits are.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

massive spider posted:

i saw someone earlier assert that the effect on world markets demonstrates the UKs financial dominance

I mean that's a correct thing to observe, but I would say today's game has probably permanently affected that.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Predictability is sooooo boring !

Finally I'll have exciting news to read for months to come :)

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
gently caress this stupid country full of racist smackheads.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
when 100% of the media and all of the worst scumbag neoliberal politicians are making GBS threads their pants and screaming that the sky is falling that's all the proof you need that the right thing was done

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Professor Shark posted:

I made this for fun, I don't really have an opinion on the matter:

:]

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ihopeirememberthis posted:

everything's going to be exactly the same like it always is idiots

If Waterworld doesn't happen, this will happen. Personally I'm hoping for Waterworld

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Irish pro-tip: Now is the right time to order from amazon.co.uk

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
Congrats to my friends across the pond

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

City of Tampa posted:

when 100% of the media

I was watching the BBC and like half the night was spent with them bringing a Remainer on and saying "Well how do you feel about the fact that we're leaving" and the remainer spending their whole time saying "Well, it's not a done deal yet, we don't KNOW that we're leaving, there are still some votes to be counted" even as every declaration threw more and more onto Leave's fat lead and you could see in the background of every shot of a BBC correspondent at a Remain HQ that they were the only person still there, reporting on a ghost town as everyone had already gone home to commit suicide

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Most financial elite funds aren't in any legit financial system so lol if you think this hurts the elite more than the working class / normal folk who now have their retirement funds disappear overnight

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

City of Tampa posted:

when 100% of the media and all of the worst scumbag neoliberal politicians are making GBS threads their pants and screaming that the sky is falling that's all the proof you need that the right thing was done

Don't forget the people complaining about racists.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
maybe the left should find a second strategy to use when yelling "racism!" over and over again while flailing on the ground fails. just a tip.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

CJacobs posted:

If Waterworld doesn't happen, this will happen. Personally I'm hoping for Waterworld

Children Of Men took place in 2027, so we are right on schedule.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
OK so what do I invest in to try and claw back some of what I've lost in the pound tanking. GBS seems like a good place to take financial advice, please don't give me troll suggestions.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

OMGVBFLOL posted:

those backward hillfuck country folk afearded of darkies. tisk tisk tisk! they should be cultured and enlightened, like you

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Bardeh posted:

OK so what do I invest in to try and claw back some of what I've lost in the pound tanking. GBS seems like a good place to take financial advice, please don't give me troll suggestions.

Not other currency? On the off chance you're serious, currency is the worst possible investment for a lay person, corporate billions and computer programs run the whole thing at a staggering rate.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

Bardeh posted:

search craigslist for gold

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

EugeneJ posted:

BUT YOU SEE IT ALWAYS GOES UP

::points at Dow Jones average that has nothing to do with the funds your 401k is in::

DON'T YOU SEE?

As long as you don't put it in a target date fund like a retard you're fine.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Bardeh posted:

bitcoin

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Bardeh posted:

pork bellies

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

the only good thing of this vote is cameron stepping down... kind of a steep price, though

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bardeh posted:

you should def sell everything while it's down and lock in those losses

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Fried Watermelon posted:

Most financial elite funds aren't in any legit financial system so lol if you think this hurts the elite more than the working class / normal folk who now have their retirement funds disappear overnight

"the sky is falling because you didn't vote the way that the Very Serious People told you to! now you can't retire!" lol

what's gonna happen to the credibility of the professional pants-shitters when we get to like January and everything is the same again? Nothing because they are never held accountable for being wrong

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Not other currency? On the off chance you're serious, currency is the worst possible investment for a lay person, corporate billions and computer programs run the whole thing at a staggering rate.

No, my money is in the UK but I don't actually live there, so I've effectively lost a fair bit of money today in real terms. I'm only half serious, because I expect GBP to bounce back over the next few months and I'm far too much of a pussy to invest in stocks for short term gains, it's just interesting for me to see where the opportunities are in situations like these.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Hm, after centuries of influence and a presence on the global stage, the U.K. takes a final bow.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

City of Tampa posted:

"the sky is falling because you didn't vote the way that the Very Serious People told you to! now you can't retire!" lol

what's gonna happen to the credibility of the professional pants-shitters when we get to like January and everything is the same again? Nothing because they are never held accountable for being wrong

Well they won't be reelected so there's that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Paranoid Peanut posted:

the only good thing of this vote is cameron stepping down... kind of a steep price, though

there's also the degradation of the EU who have shown in recent times that they have exceeded simply being inept into outright being nefarious, and the whole weakening of TPP, and the fact that the majority of the decline is artificial, and current anti-immigrant sentiment is a topical thing that won't last if things in britain improve (i.e Tories Get Out)

• Locked thread