Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

The point of the sit-in was the force the recess to not happen.

instead it was a photo op for november, because none of them actually give a poo poo about guns or gun deaths.

This is idiotic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Necc0 posted:

Direct 👏🏻Democracy 👏🏻 Is 👏🏻 A 👏🏻 Mistake

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

This is idiotic.

I'd like to say that Sheila Jackson Lee and a few others care. But her caring appears to have manifested as support for increased restrictions on the rights of those profiled by the government without due process, so I really can't.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

zoux posted:

This is idiotic.

If they get something done i'll admit I'm wrong.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

WampaLord posted:

I'm not sure what kind of thing I'm seeing here.

It's just an American breakfast with beans, though? And I don't really care for beans.
but them brits aint got no grits!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

WampaLord posted:

As someone who moved from EST to PST, the best part about it was being able to go to a bar at 10 AM on a Sunday to get drunk and watch football.

Lookit this pansy that doesn't start getting drunk the night before football games...psh.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Meanwhile, in WV

https://twitter.com/WVDOT/status/746110035462348800

https://twitter.com/WVDOT/status/746083847364829184

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Sergg posted:

In before Bernie's Facebook page is flooded with people calling him a traitor and sellout

Most people will do what people do every election and post-rationalize that it was the strategically correct- or obvious- decision to make.

Some will say that Bernie's endorsement is the acid test that they needed to vote for her. Others will remember having been 'for her' the whole time, but maybe "on the fence about one or two issues."

I believe that a lot of the venom aimed at Hillary from the Sanders camp this election has been more about finding reasons to support Bernie, the candidate, than it is the other way around. Sure, a lot of it echoed decades-old talking points, but people were looking for reasons to hate Hillary and cudgel democrats who weren't seeing eye-to-eye with their dream candidate and, based on polls, costing him an easy win. I don't think that an appreciable portion of Berniebros are gonna turn on him with his endorsement now because his candidacy was the whole impetus for their zeal.

Hillary had been a lock on 2016 for the majority of the last decade and an *exceptionally* galling republican primary field this past year just fueled the drive for people to fall in behind her. The Bernie camp needed urgency on their side to make a case for breaking ranks.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

thecluckmeme posted:

Fargo and Mankato, friend. Come for the easy jobs and low cost of living, stay for the food made in "irish" pubs with bloody mary specials that will have the drinks stick to your ribs more than the full english breakfast.

If you get tired of delicious english food, you can enjoy the myriad indian, chinese, and mexican places that actually serve you some real food instead of takeaway specials

Ok now, I don't think I ever made it to Mankato in the 20 years that I lived in North Dakota, but lets dispense with this fantasy that there are 'myriad' Chinese, Indian, and Mexican restaurants in Fargo serving real food. I like a greasy american-chinese buffet as much as the next pudgy goon, but come on.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
My family actually decided to vacation to WV to go white water rapid canoeing. The year before that they went to Greece. I'm starting to notice a pattern.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The response to this in most Berniebro circles seems to be "He didn't say the word 'endorse' so he's not endorsing her! That indictment will come any day now!"

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
He's pretty transparently setting the stage for an actual endorsement, most likely at the convention.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

we can't even transition to the metric system

...which is an infinitely bigger deal than dumping DST?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

The point of the sit-in was the force the recess to not happen.

instead it was a photo op for november, because none of them actually give a poo poo about guns or gun deaths.

I thought the point was to prevent a vote on anything other than the mostly useless gun legislation during the session?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Slate Action posted:

He's pretty transparently setting the stage for an actual endorsement, most likely at the convention.
It's been clear for a while that Sanders would end up her VP.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

FactsAreUseless posted:

I highly doubt this is true.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

FactsAreUseless posted:

I want this for all of the gnashing of teeth and rending of clothes that would happen in this thread.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is this some of that imp zone irony

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

I want this for all of the gnashing of teeth and rending of clothes that would happen in this thread.

By who?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I will be very surprised if it doesn't. Sanders has two very big strengths for Clinton

- Shores up support among the more left-leaning Dems.

- Sanders can be populist and angry in a way Clinton isn't allowed to be.

It's possible he won't be (Clinton was a close second to Obama in 2008 and wasn't a VP pick) but I think it's been leaning that way for a while.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I will be very surprised if it doesn't. Sanders has two very big strengths for Clinton

It's possible he won't be (Clinton was a close second to Obama in 2008 and wasn't a VP pick) but I think it's been leaning that way for a while.

Sanders isn't going to be her VP.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I will be very surprised if it doesn't.

Oh my god, you're serious?

Prepare to be very surprised.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

FactsAreUseless posted:

username/post combo is pretty on point here.

Malmesbury Monster
Nov 5, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

You could say both of those things about Elizabeth Warren, who has the added benefit of not being a million years old.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Why would he give up his Senate seat for an utterly powerless position?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

FactsAreUseless posted:

If Clinton wants to use her VP pick to throw a bone to progressives, she'll pick Elizabeth Warren. She'd also function well as an attack dog.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Hey, if you're right (nope) you stand to make a shitton of money off it https://www.predictit.org/Market/1530/Who-will-win-the-2016-Democratic-vice-presidential-nomination

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

showbiz_liz posted:

especially since he's very likely to get the chairmanship of the HELP committee

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Pakled posted:

If Clinton wants to use her VP pick to throw a bone to progressives, she'll pick Elizabeth Warren. She'd also function well as an attack dog.

It would be Perez.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

It will probably be boring-rear end whitebread Tim Kaine

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

MrChupon posted:

It will probably be boring-rear end whitebread Tim Kaine

Still holdin' out for my boy Xavier Becerra (really for no good reason other than contrariness)

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

word from the campaign is that they basically have two picks ready and will wait till the rnc happens to really make a move

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

especially since he's very likely to get the chairmanship of the HELP committee

He's Ranking Member of Budget. Would he give that up for HELP (I'm not entirely clear what the committee hierarchies are, except that Appropriations doesn't have the clout it once did).

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

word from the campaign is that they basically have two picks ready and will wait till the rnc happens to really make a move

Probably Kaine and Warren I guess?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Clinton does not give two fucks about the "progressive movement" and how it feels about her VP selection.

She's going to select a person she gets along with personally and whom she believes is most capable of supporting her agenda. If there's one thing Clinton is, its a ruthless pragmatist.

I think Kaine is at the top right now followed closely by Castro.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

lol

I love that Evan Bayh is on that list. He must have had some sort of curse put on him in 2000 that binds him to VP lists he never gets picked from for the rest of his life.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Perez is the choice that must be made. Make, Hispanic, young (for politics), economically progressive, and Obama connection. It sends so many signals and covers everything.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Just for fucks sake don't pick a sitting us senator or governor as vp. We need those fuckers where they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

showbiz_liz posted:

So Al Giordano can be appointed to replace him and form the Woke Caucus, obviously.

• Locked thread