Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Nothing. Who cares about bog people english dirt water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

City of Tampa posted:

the "they are doing jobs nobody wants to do!" argument is always 100% bullshit. They are doing jobs that working class people would do if the employers paid a fair wage but apparently that's so completely out of the question that it never makes it into this poo poo argument

The argument really is a load of poo poo. Nothing makes your point get lost faster than trying to argue that people don't want jobs rather than realizing if those jobs don't pay a living wage because there's an overabundance of people to do them.

Seriously I don't know how this is still a talking point. I really think it's because everyone is going off the complete loving deep end will extremism on both sides.

It's like watching rationality go down the drain with both sides equally poo poo in two different complete ways

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
I can't even schadenfreude about this cause it's gonna happen to us too in November.

mr_cramalldees
Dec 14, 2015

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

MariusLecter posted:

But most imporatnt in all this...

What will BREXIT do to gin prices in the US?

they learned how to make it in bathtubs for cheap in the 30s, will weather the storm OK

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

you are aware that turkey isn't in the eu, right?

Cabrini-Green Tea
Aug 20, 2009

wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

a cop posted:

A bunch of new hires at my company put theirs into the 2060 target date fund because, no surprise, they want to retire around 2060. Thing is, it's a new fund that's "just getting off the ground" so while all the other target date funds (including 2055) are around .012% , 2060 is 2%. 2 whole percents!!!!!! That poo poo could mean tens to hundreds of thousands down the line, depending on how long that fee remains.

John Oliver just had a 20 minute segment on 401ks after they went through the process of setting one up for the employees on his show. It's a good watch (available on YouTube)

2% is insane horseshit but at least target retirement date funds should prevent the situation like the hordes of idiots that were near retirement in 2007 and ended up going "welp, guess I'll work for another decade because I'm dumb."

But as you more or less stated, if you're not super dumb and can manage to devote a couple hours a year to paying attention to your 401k you can do the same thing, get as good or better returns, and probably pay less fees.

Seemed like Vanguard generally had pretty low fees but my new company uses Great West and there are definitely some high fee turds (over 1% IIRC) scattered throughout their offerings.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Actually it was 28 Weeks Later

gently caress it I will defend 28 weeks later or over 28 Days Later any time of the day. 28 Days Later had the dumbest last Act I'm 28 Weeks Later had helicopter mower blades 28 Weeks Later wins.

28 Weeks Later had better actors too so there is that

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Germstore posted:

lol, uh no more super cheap labor, wow, a real loss for the little guy

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Mozi posted:

you are aware in the eu caliphate that turkey will be admitted immediately, right?

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Have you fuckers Cromwelled the royals yet? It's the only way you're ever going to be civilized. That and dealing with your massive racial issues by actually confronting them instead of pretending they don't exist. Also you should apologize for the Empire and empty your poo poo museums of everything non-British never mind the jewels and poo poo you stole from India. Basically you're a bunch of thieving ravens pretending to be a nation. Thanks for permanently securing your place as a garbage tier country full of racists though, it's nice that the stupid British accent love thing America had going on will probably die down.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What's all this doing to bog butter futures?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Blazing Ownager posted:

gently caress it I will defend 28 weeks later or over 28 Days Later any time of the day. 28 Days Later had the dumbest last Act I'm 28 Weeks Later had helicopter mower blades 28 Weeks Later wins.

They're both p good imo.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Has the muslim mayor commented on brexit yet?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Peztopiary posted:

Have you fuckers Cromwelled the royals yet? It's the only way you're ever going to be civilized. That and dealing with your massive racial issues by actually confronting them instead of pretending they don't exist. Also you should apologize for the Empire and empty your poo poo museums of everything non-British never mind the jewels and poo poo you stole from India. Basically you're a bunch of thieving ravens pretending to be a nation. Thanks for permanently securing your place as a garbage tier country full of racists though, it's nice that the stupid British accent love thing America had going on will probably die down.

India was free to defend itself if it was the true owner of the artifacts. Britain won those jewels fair and square ! Mughals hosed India way more in comparison.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Mozi posted:

neither is serbia, macedonia nor albania. But then again, the outline happily skips denmark.
That map is satire, i'd guess.

Sneakums
Nov 27, 2007
MAXIMUM.SNEAK.

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Cartouche posted:

Too busy packing

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/KojoRTE/status/746369847966203904

mr_cramalldees
Dec 14, 2015

Mozi posted:

Apparently you lack basic vocabulary. Let me help you out fam.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Soon real civilizations will be putting up barriers to keep Britains out.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
It's funny that Scotland is going to leave the UK to join the EU, but now that the UK is gone the EU is just an Islamified Germany and its 3rd world puppet states with 15% unemployment

OctaviusBeaver fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 24, 2016

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HeldenSterbenNicht posted:

So when Britain actually leaves the EU, will the Danes be allowed to send viking raids again?

You need the Old Gods DLC first.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

City of Tampa posted:

as I am reading this post there is a guy on NPR talking about how lots of the migrants from Poland etc. have blue collar skills and are loving over English plumbers, electricians, etc.

the "they are doing jobs nobody wants to do!" argument is always 100% bullshit. They are doing jobs that working class people would do if the employers paid a fair wage but apparently that's so completely out of the question that it never makes it into this poo poo argument

Vice did an amazing piece on this argument in the USA when one of the southern states went hardcore throw everyone in jail who hires illegal aliens during the recession when unemployment was higher. The fields went empty, so they put up signs everywhere, and Vice followed some typical white guys who needed jobs. They lasted half a day. It wasn't the low pay, the people needed the money badly. It was backbreaking work and they simply couldn't do it. The entire farming economy took a poo poo in that state, so they came up with the idea to have inmates do this. Well, the inmates did such a bad job, the farms had to try and hire people to try and fix their fuckups because, surprise, people that dont want to do the work, don't do it right. The farm owners went on explaining how white & black guys are just loving lazy who want breaks every 15 minutes, and want to work half days, where the Hispanics would actually enjoy and do a fantastic job. Ultimately, I think the state had to roll back the new laws because the economy was taking too bad of a hit.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

He looks like a Wallace and Gromit character

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Blacktoll posted:

Soon real civilizations will be putting up barriers to keep Britains out.

Concept art for the New Hadrian Wall

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Philthy posted:

Vice did an amazing piece on this argument in the USA when one of the southern states went hardcore throw everyone in jail who hires illegal aliens during the recession when unemployment was higher. The fields went empty, so they put up signs everywhere, and Vice followed some typical white guys who needed jobs. They lasted half a day. It wasn't the low pay, the people needed the money badly. It was backbreaking work and they simply couldn't do it. The entire farming economy took a poo poo in that state, so they came up with the idea to have inmates do this. Well, the inmates did such a bad job, the farms had to try and hire people to try and fix their fuckups because, surprise, people that dont want to do the work, don't do it right. The farm owners went on explaining how white & black guys are just loving lazy who want breaks every 15 minutes, and want to work half days, where the Hispanics would actually enjoy and do a fantastic job. Ultimately, I think the state had to roll back the new laws because the economy was taking too bad of a hit.

Yes, the hispanic race is just more suited to manual labor than the caucasoid and negroid peoples

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

mr_cramalldees posted:

Apparently you lack basic vocabulary. Let me help you out fam.

i 'will' attempt to 'will' myself to use said vocabulary in a less 'will'ful manner in this new 'willennium'

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Blazing Ownager posted:

I don't care it doesn't change my point you nancy!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

boom boom boom posted:

Yes, the hispanic race is just more suited to manual labor than the caucasoid and negroid peoples

No, it's just Americans are loving lazy is all. They don't want to do the poo poo jobs.

mr_cramalldees
Dec 14, 2015

Mozi posted:

i 'will' attempt to 'will' myself to use said vocabulary in a less 'will'ful manner in this new 'willennium'

See? I'm a helper.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Philthy posted:

No, it's just Americans are loving lazy is all. They don't want to do the poo poo jobs.

So... who did them before ?? Wasn't the US mostly family farms ?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if liberals will learn from this and realize that you can't just scream racist. You actually have to put forward points as arguments. Lol what am I saying? Liberals never learn.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Philthy posted:

yeah but that's just an extension of the "jobs nobody wants" fallacy. The white guys couldn't hack it because in order to even make minimum wage picking fruit you have to work like a loving machine because of the way the pay scheme is rigged by the employer

that Morgan Spurlock show "Inside Man" followed him as a fruit picker in Florida and it shows how the workers get hosed by the employers

Pay people $10-12 and hour to pick fruit and hold them to reasonable, humane productivity requirements and you'd have people lined up out the door to do the work. But god forbid someone that owns a farm might have to become slightly less profitable so that their neighbor can eat and live indoors

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
:qq: my slave wages :qq:

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

FrankieGoes posted:

What's all this doing to bog butter futures?

Future looking bright as panicked Brits empty their refrigerators and dump their dairy products into the nearest swamp (usually 100 yards away or less) to hide them from EU raiders.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Decebal posted:

So... who did them before ?? Wasn't the US mostly family farms ?

you forced the slaves to do it m8

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Are Boris and the UKIP dumbasses actually proud that they're probably putting the last nail in the coffin of the Empire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Cartouche posted:

All according to keikaku (keikaku means plan in Arabic.)

• Locked thread