Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I hope I can be rich enough to look halfway homeless but still have people like me at the club a la Joakim Noah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

TBeats posted:

I hope I can be rich enough to look halfway homeless but still have people like me at the club a la Joakim Noah.

It's not his fault he's the ugliest mother fucker to ever be famous. And if you're that ugly, why try?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

gingerberger posted:

It's not his fault he's the ugliest mother fucker to ever be famous. And if you're that ugly, why try?

I know ya'll are gonna be mad but Boban is probably the ugliest guy in the NBA.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

TBeats posted:

nah, mostly just don't be corny as poo poo.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

DeimosRising posted:

I don't blame anyone for not watching the Magic because they've been bad (though I would argue very fun) for the last few years, but it's really obvious a lot of people have barely seen Oladipo play. He's not great at anything, which is the death knell of careers in the NBA. He has a very cool looking way of moving and he can occasionally go off, but he has no reliable skills that he can go to game after game. He can create his own shot a little bit, shoot a little bit, defend a little bit, but on any given day might not be able to do any of the above. He takes a lot of long twos, dribbles a lot, and generally just looks like a guy built to be a minor star in the late 90s, or the D-league. He's very cool though and will get a chance to go up against inferior defense and backups thanks to being on a team with 2 of the best 5 players in the league, so he's going to look a lot better than he is on the Thunder. Expect him to be irritatingly over rated in future years of NBA 2k.
This is a good take. It's impossible to watch the Magic and not be frustrated with the way that he waxes and wanes game by game. One of the reasons that I was so stoked on Gordon at the end of last season is that he was the only guy that brought it every night on both ends of the floor.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/BigNeechi/status/746406058436997120

kyrie......

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Come on. That dude got called a shenanigan by a dude named PARTYNEXTDOOR, who Kyrie's former (black) girlfriend cheated on him with.

He Just won a championship with an amazing gently caress you 3...Let that dude enjoy the company of some nice and reliable Becky's on a yacht for a while.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

zoux posted:

Sorry, there was an assumed "human" in there. Ogres don't count.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

winter in the summer

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

zoux posted:

Non-humans don't count

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Always forget how disgustingly talented the 2003 draft was.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Brolander posted:

Always forget how disgustingly talented the 2003 draft was.

TJ Ford sigh...

Also in this context is "snow" supposed to be a euphemism for white girls?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

gingerberger posted:

Noah is a beautiful man

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I want to be a NBA player so much

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

zoux posted:

TJ Ford sigh...

I think so.

I remember when TJ Ford was supposed to be the saviour of the PG position.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

zoux posted:

TJ Ford sigh...

There's a distinct lack of cocaine in the video so I would assume so.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

straight up brolic posted:

This is a good take. It's impossible to watch the Magic and not be frustrated with the way that he waxes and wanes game by game. One of the reasons that I was so stoked on Gordon at the end of last season is that he was the only guy that brought it every night on both ends of the floor.

I am so high on Gordon, but I think it's good that he probably won't start next year. He's got a lot to learn, but he plays so hard without being one of those guys who just goes all out and is exhausted after 15 minutes, and has such an exemplary NBA body. I really hope his work ethic and focus level rub off on Payton and Hezonja a little bit - getting rid of Skiles should be good for morale.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

RCarr posted:

It could also be an allusion to off-camera blow since they would have to be extremely stupid to capture that on cam.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
This thread smells like IZOD right now

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

I think so.

That Final Four run was around the last time I was super into basketball, so I don't know how he actually did in the NBA, you know besides the spinal stenosis.

RCarr posted:

That's what I was looking for.

Cool Buff Man posted:

This thread smells like IZOD right now

I'm rocking St. John's Bay son.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

I think so.

TJ Ford AND Jose Calderon? Man, lucky Toronto Raptors!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

zoux posted:

TJ Ford sigh...

lmao. yes.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I'm happy that Kyrie hit the biggest shot of his career and is celebrating by loving a whole slew of thirsty white girls on his private yacht

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Snow being used for race, but whiteboys being used for drugs, the world's changing too much guys.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I thought we were free :negative:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/746437449509920769?s=09

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

I think Plumlees reproduce like bacteria. If action isn't taken soon, the entire league will be Plumlees by 2025.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

A rare correct draft call for me. Please don't look up my Thomas Robinson take

I was certain that Blake Griffin was gonna be a huge flop, and then being wrong on Griffin made me think Robinson had all the tools to be great.

Also the fact that OKC got some passable defensive efforts out of Kanter makes me think Ilyasova could look really nice playing for them.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Is Marshall, Mason and Miles the trio of whitest names in NBA history?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

peer posted:

Darius Miles,Anthony Mason, I can't think of a Marshall tho

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

zoux posted:

Darius Miles,Anthony Mason, I can't think of a Marshall tho

Kendall Marshall.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Donyell Marshall

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
None of those are first names though!!

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

they look absolutely thrilled about the draft

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

peer posted:

Call Miles Davis white, I dare you

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://thecycle.media/im-ready-for-new-york-c5fc419f98#.4d1mfzua0

:smith:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

peer posted:

Definitely not Marshall.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

peer posted:

Archie, Peyton, and Eli come pretty close

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Can't wait to watch Rose torch the poo poo out of the Bulls on Christmas this year

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Playing NBA2k or..? Because there's no way he manages to stay healthy until Christmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Meh he played one less game than Jimmy did last year.

• Locked thread