Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Tusen Takk posted:

Wes help the libertarians have invaded my posts

I did all I could. Remember me as a hero, not the broken man I know myself to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

stump posted:

:scotland: All our cities are lovely. Aside from Aberdeen. And Stirling. And Perth. And bits of Dundee. And the ever present atmosphere in Glasgow that something is about to happen, but you aren't sure if it will be violence or the best night out ever. So, uh, Edinburgh I guess?

It's amazing the reaction I've seen in Scotland in favour of another indyref, even from previous No voters. My wife, who was staunchly No, is now in favour of Yes (I was undecided but voted no), but I wonder how these feelings will weather over time. I imagine they will track with the GBP/EUR exchange rate pretty closely!

Edinburgh is really fun and cool.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Throatwarbler posted:

I watched this and also another interview where the interviewers were mercilessly badgering him while he seemed perfectly calm and reasonable. Honestly I'm inclined to believe that the establishment is just out to get him.
He deserves a good getting, too, but there is absolutely no need to invent or embellish reasons to do so. It weakens one's own position to do so.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
It's that time we've all been waiting for: whisky time

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

corn in the fridge posted:

It's that time we've all been waiting for: whisky time

Amen to that. Bottle of scotch with my name on it is just sitting their, waiting for me.
Tomorrow might hurt.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Siochain posted:

Amen to that. Bottle of scotch with my name on it is just sitting their, waiting for me.
Tomorrow might hurt.

Talisker is on the menu tonight

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

This has been an interesting day to say the least and a hearty :lol: to the posting in this thread. My last take is that the dry humour (spelled with the "u" for Her Royal Majesty) has bled out everywhere and people are now realizing this was indeed an actual thing. It was stated best earlier that the Brits have essentially broken up with a very nice girlfriend via drunk texting and is now waking up in the morning only to read the conversation through.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

You do it right. Islay all the way.

I'm gonna go pick up a bottle of Laphroaig smelling like grass in my Unicorn Poopin and Barfin Rainbows wife beater

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Informed Decisions.JPG

This is what an anti-intellectual culture does to society.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

...and there's people who slap down the mere suggestion that Idiocracy was actually a very forward thinking documentary?

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Red wine has been consumed like water tonight.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Cider drained, seriously considering whiskey.

Eh. Whiskey it is. Tonight I drown my sorrows in Glenmorangie and jaffa cakes.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Adiabatic posted:

I'm gonna go pick up a bottle of Laphroaig smelling like grass in my Unicorn Poopin and Barfin Rainbows wife beater

all my best scotch

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

all my best scotch

I dunno about drinking it all now. That stuff will all be import in a few years.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

nm posted:

I dunno about drinking it all now. That stuff will all be import in a few years.

I giggled.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

This has been an interesting day to say the least and a hearty :lol: to the posting in this thread. My last take is that the dry humour (spelled with the "u" for Her Royal Majesty) has bled out everywhere and people are now realizing this was indeed an actual thing. It was stated best earlier that the Brits have essentially broken up with a very nice girlfriend via drunk texting and is now waking up in the morning only to read the conversation through.
The thing is, it wasn't us. The people you know and talk to in the threads here. It was the other people, the fuckwits.

Cakefool posted:

Eh. Whiskey it is. Tonight I drown my sorrows in Glenmorangie and jaffa cakes.
Jack Daniels for me.

I hope Scotland, if they leave the union, adopt the same citizenship by descent that Ireland has. I don't actually want to leave where I am, and am not currently intending to, but it would be good to have a mechanism to get an EU passport if the ship sinks.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

InitialDave posted:

The thing is, it wasn't us. The people you know and talk to in the threads here. It was the other people, the fuckwits.

Jack Daniels for me.

I hope Scotland, if they leave the union, adopt the same citizenship by descent that Ireland has. I don't actually want to leave where I am, and am not currently intending to, but it would be good to have a mechanism to get an EU passport if the ship sinks.

Time to break out the tartan and a bad Scotch accent.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I hope this means an influx of Morris Mini's with the drop in the £ under the 25 year rule. That would actually be awesome.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

My wife's dad is Scottish and I could spell my name the Scottish way, is that enough.

And sorry STR, in a choice between Texas and Aus, it's deadly deadly Aus all the way.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

spog posted:

Time to break out the tartan and a bad Scotch accent.
I don't need to, I have a tartan, and am half Scots.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Adiabatic posted:

Talisker is not from Islay.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

MustardFacial posted:

Informed Decisions.JPG

This is what an anti-intellectual culture does to society.

Is this just for UK residents?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

BraveUlysses posted:

Is this just for UK residents?
Yes. Or at least, UK IP addresses.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

SCA Enthusiast posted:

Talisker is not from Islay.

Might as well be with all that peat.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Adiabatic posted:

Might as well be with all that peat.

Its much more igneous and volcanic, showing its force outright rather than enveloping you in earthy complexity.

Certainly similar, but distinct from the Islay whiskys.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then
The way I read the outrage in here is all "these idiots are all too stupid to vote right, so let's do what we want anyway" which just reinforces to me that they voted the right way. gently caress giant statist governments and the power hungry fucks behind them.

The dude who resigned may be an idiot in other ways, but at least he realized that he backed the wrong horse and resigned, which is better than our politicians do.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
David Cameron hosed a pig.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Now that's what I call frustration. Any way I try to connect it, the fuel hose bends too much for my taste. Do they make 90 degree 3/8" diameter fuel filters? :haw:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

See my post in your 280 thread. Assuming that's going to the engine, you can literally put it anywhere including under the hood. Also, make sure that thing is rated to withstand the pump pressure and suitable for that close to the wheels.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ilkhan posted:

The way I read the outrage in here is all "these idiots are all too stupid to vote right, so let's do what we want anyway" which just reinforces to me that they voted the right way. gently caress giant statist governments and the power hungry fucks behind them.

The dude who resigned may be an idiot in other ways, but at least he realized that he backed the wrong horse and resigned, which is better than our politicians do.

:downsgun:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ilkhan posted:

You're a loving idiot

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Pham Nuwen posted:

Now that's what I call frustration. Any way I try to connect it, the fuel hose bends too much for my taste. Do they make 90 degree 3/8" diameter fuel filters? :haw:

See that little brass NPT barb on your fuel pump? Get a right angle one.

Although, like slidebite said, it might be a better idea to move the filter to the engine bay. Conventional wisdom is to put the filter as close to the carburetor as is practical, but I'd want a metal one rather than a plastic one if I was putting it in the engine bay. It probably won't make a huge difference either way, since I bet your fuel line won't introduce but a fraction of the gunk your fuel tank will.

E: Oh, slidebite covered it in the other thread. Disregard.

Raluek fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 25, 2016

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

ilkhan posted:

When your choice is the status quo which is a lovely deal or deciding to detonating a nuclear bomb in your living room you usually go with the status quo.

I actually think globalization is a very lovely deal for anybody who isn't at least upper middle class, but the problem isn't loving immigrants coming into the country it's the fact that virtually every company has packed up manufacturing and moved it to the third world and those jobs aren't coming back ever.

It doesn't matter how much you wave your flag or blabber on about how your country would be restored to its past glories if only you could remove anyone who doesn't have lily white skin, you're not going to fix the fact that the lovely big box store you shop at cause it's cheaper than buying locally made stuff gets literally everything made in China then charges you a premium for it.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Time to buy some Euro parts for my car from a UK reseller :woop:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Business trip to auburn/skaneateles NY area next week. Anyone have food recommendations or the like?

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Pham Nuwen posted:

Just get a longer piece of hose and make a loop.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Pham Nuwen posted:

I've posted a possible solution in your thread

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
So yesterday I went and got my ZF 9 speed transmission reflashed under TSB and walla, it no longer shifts like a drunken toddler between 1-2 and 2-3! Now low speed driving is merely uneventful rather than annoying.

Chrysler is like a big friendly incompetent car making dog. making GBS threads and slobbering everywhere but who can stay mad at him? :3:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Geoj posted:

Time to buy some Euro parts for my car from a UK reseller :woop:

The heck with that, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of a ton of Morris Mini Coopers under the 25 year rule to get imported!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Throatwarbler posted:

Chrysler is like a big friendly incompetent car making dog. making GBS threads and slobbering everywhere but who can stay mad at him? :3:

Anton Yelchin's family probably.

• Locked thread