Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

coffee is disgusting i just drink 4 liters of diet coke a day to remain functional, but i think i've said this before

A few years back i did the same with pepsi. 4 liters at work, 2 more throughout the course of the day. Now im down to about a can per day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Landsknecht posted:

these 100-200 man fleets really suck when they dock as soon as you try and fight

no honour

I like when they chase us to a 3rd party- don't get there in time, chase us around for 4-5 gates until we bridge ahead of them, then we pinch them between 2 AHAC fleets they run from and get mulch'd by 50 titans.

#JustAsherThings

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
asher is a nice person stop memeing on him please

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Landsknecht posted:

these 100-200 man fleets really suck when they dock as soon as you try and fight

no honour

That's the low-sec lifestyle. Dock as soon as you can't dunk.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

p7hk9 posted:

That's the low-sec lifestyle. Dock as soon as you can't dunk.

GSF, eve's largest lowsec alliance

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I have one cup of tea and 2 litres of water a day

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I easily drink about 20 ounces of coffee a day, if not just a bit more. I normally drink drip coffee from a Breville Grind Control BDC650. I have a separate Burr grinder for when I want to use a french press. It's always fresh beans and it's always black. I drink enough coffee weekly that I buy my beans in bulk from Costco as they sell some good beans and if I rely on smaller packages I will burn through them in a week and have no more :(. I prefer Guatemalan coffee for daily drinking but I'm also a big fan of Asian/Pacific coffees (The Komodo Dragon from Starbucks is one of my favorite coffees). I will get blended coffees too. If I drink espresso I get a doppio con panna. When I can find it, I like to drink Turkish coffee.

dialhforhero fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 24, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
coffee sucks rear end you all suck rear end

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

coffee sucks rear end you all suck rear end

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
tell me about chili

does it have beans (yes)

or do you like meat stew (without beans)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

lol

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
The style of chili you can get at Wendy's is the style of chili I make. Beefy, tomato chunky, and beanie. I also make mine quite spicy with added peppers. I'm from the midwest so that's probably why.

I get Skyline style chili also when I'm specifically wanting a 3-way or a Coney. I'm from Cincinnati though, so that's probably why.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

im not sure what you're trying to say here byober

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

dialhforhero posted:

The style of chili you can get at Wendy's is the style of chili I make. Beefy, tomato chunky, and beanie. I also make mine quite spicy with added peppers. I'm from the midwest so that's probably why.

I get Skyline style chili also when I'm specifically wanting a 3-way or a Coney. I'm from Cincinnati though, so that's probably why.

I just like chili, the beefier, beanier and spicier the better. I live in pretty much Mexico, so that's probably why.

Wait- just about everything here has beef, beans and chili's in it... does that make everything chili (by this threads loose definition anyway).

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

here is a dark secret: i actually like white chili

though i haven't had it in years

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Glory of Arioch posted:

here is a dark secret: i actually like white chili

though i haven't had it in years

White chili? Never heard of it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

im not sure what you're trying to say here byober

nothing, just making a post, like always pal

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
mostly I just haven't posted someones avatar in response to their post in a while

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Eonwe posted:

mostly I just haven't posted someones avatar in response to their post in a while

Hi eonwe. Long time no see. What were you up to?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Eonwe posted:

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Eonwe posted:

tell me about chili

does it have beans (yes)

or do you like meat stew (without beans)

Chili with beans is objectively wrong. Your meatbean stew might be tasty, but it ain't chili.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

I hate to interrupt the chill-i talk, but patch notes for next week's launch are up. Notable changes for those who haven't been watching Sisi:

Balance changes:
  • PLdotte succeeded at abusing carriers until CCP felt compelled to nerf them into the ground, Drake-style:
    • The Networked Sensor Array got loving nerf-hammered -- max lock bonus removed, scan res bonus cut in half, and it now stacks with sebos/sigamps.
    • All fighters now have an actual lock range
    • All fighters got their F1 buffed and their F2 nerfed into the loving ground. Rest in piss, Heavy Rocket Salvo.
    • Fighters can't run MWDs/MJDs if they're getting scrammed by a ship.
    • Station/sentry guns will murder any fighters within 125km if you aggressed on the same grid, even if your ship was 125km+ away when you aggressed.
    • Long range FiBos now scale their damage output with sig radius -- no more entertainment from Laz getting stream-sniped by nano Hels :911:
  • Sieged dreads and triaged FAXes are now immune to ECM, but are more vulnerable to damps. Likewise, Marauders are finally immune to ECM again while in Bastion mode (thank god).
  • Naglfar now has 3 turret hardpoints, and has lost its +50% damage role bonus; it got some cpu and grid to compensate.
  • All Capital Shield Extenders lost 10% of their HP bonus, because the Phoenix clearly hadn''t been cornholed enough.
  • If you're a blops outside a citadel, running your bridge doesn't break your tether. (thank loving god)
  • All boosters (even Standard/Improved/Strong) are now legal everywhere -- and can be put in contracts!
  • Serpentis LP stores now have a new set of pirate implants that boost active armor reps (aka armor Crystals).
  • RIP, Thrill of the Hunt free SP.
Quality of life:
  • Tactical overlay now shows movement line for your ship's direction/speed, a mouse-over showing speed and %-chance-to-hist for locked targets, and indicators of orbits for drones.
  • New visuals for triage on FAXes.
  • You can trade items / redeem items in Citadels (but still no contracts) and activate skill extractors / injectors / PLEX.
  • You can now have 8 overview tabs (up from 5).
  • Multi-fit!
  • You're now allowed to reprocess a Rorqual while its docked in a L or XL Citadel (because that's basically the only good use of a Rorqual at the moment).
Content:

CCP posted a video walking through it all if words are hard.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 24, 2016

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

ullerrm posted:

I hate to interrupt the chill-i talk, but patch notes for next week's launch are up. Notable changes for those who haven't been watching Sisi:

Balance changes:
  • PLdotte succeeded at abusing carriers until CCP felt compelled to nerf them into the ground, Drake-style:
    • The Networked Sensor Array got loving nerf-hammered -- max lock bonus removed, scan res bonus cut in half, and it now stacks with sebos/sigamps.
    • All fighters now have an actual lock range
    • All fighters got their F1 buffed and their F2 nerfed into the loving ground. Rest in piss, Heavy Rocket Salvo.
    • Fighters can't run MWDs/MJDs if they're getting scrammed by a ship.
    • Station/sentry guns will murder any fighters within 125km if you aggressed on the same grid, even if your ship was 125km+ away when you aggressed.
    • Long range FiBos now scale their damage output with sig radius -- no more entertainment from Laz getting stream-sniped by nano Hels :911:
  • Sieged dreads and triaged FAXes are now immune to ECM, but are more vulnerable to damps. Likewise, Marauders are finally immune to ECM again while in Bastion mode (thank god).
  • Naglfar now has 3 turret hardpoints, and has lost its +50% damage role bonus; it got some cpu and grid to compensate.
  • All Capital Shield Extenders lost 10% of their HP bonus, because the Phoenix clearly hadn''t been cornholed enough.
  • If you're a blops outside a citadel, running your bridge doesn't break your tether. (thank loving god)
  • All boosters (even Standard/Improved/Strong) are now legal everywhere -- and can be put in contracts!
  • Serpentis LP stores now have a new set of pirate implants that boost active armor reps (aka armor Crystals).
  • RIP, Thrill of the Hunt free SP.
Quality of life:
  • Tactical overlay now shows movement line for your ship's direction/speed, a mouse-over showing speed and %-chance-to-hist for locked targets, and indicators of orbits for drones.
  • New visuals for triage on FAXes.
  • You can trade items / redeem items in Citadels (but still no contracts) and activate skill extractors / injectors / PLEX.
  • You can now have 8 overview tabs (up from 5).
  • Multi-fit!
  • You're now allowed to reprocess a Rorqual while its docked in a L or XL Citadel (because that's basically the only good use of a Rorqual at the moment).
Content:

CCP posted a video walking through it all if words are hard.

Carriers are getting put in a better place IMO, the dps of the main guns is better, and the rocket salvo will no longer delete subcaps

Fighters with rocket salvo were amazingly OP at clearing subcaps, but even the normal f1 is kickass DPS

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dalael posted:

Hi eonwe. Long time no see. What were you up to?

just been playing some overwatch really!!!

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

Carriers are getting put in a better place IMO, the dps of the main guns is better, and the rocket salvo will no longer delete subcaps

Fighters with rocket salvo were amazingly OP at clearing subcaps, but even the normal f1 is kickass DPS

Yeah, pretty sure Laz would still die if he gets hard tackled and had a full compliment of Hel fighters on him.

Multiple carriers will still delete subs with impunity. HAW Titans still amazing, so at least we still have that.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Also, CCP's finally announced their timetable for AT14; they've pushed it back to late November, with the final matches taking place on Thanksgiving Weekend. :sigh: :ccp:

https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/alliance-tournament-xiv-is-coming/

You need to be in the member of the alliance you plan to compete in by July 1st, so PL folks, time to pull all your tourney alts out of Broski and PH :P

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 24, 2016

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

dialhforhero posted:

I easily drink about 20 ounces of coffee a day, if not just a bit more. I normally drink drip coffee from a Breville Grind Control BDC650. I have a separate Burr grinder for when I want to use a french press. It's always fresh beans and it's always black. I drink enough coffee weekly that I buy my beans in bulk from Costco as they sell some good beans and if I rely on smaller packages I will burn through them in a week and have no more :(. I prefer Guatemalan coffee for daily drinking but I'm also a big fan of Asian/Pacific coffees (The Komodo Dragon from Starbucks is one of my favorite coffees). I will get blended coffees too. If I drink espresso I get a doppio con panna. When I can find it, I like to drink Turkish coffee.

Shut the gently caress up, andupor

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Xolve posted:

Yeah, pretty sure Laz would still die if he gets hard tackled and had a full compliment of Hel fighters on him.

Multiple carriers will still delete subs with impunity. HAW Titans still amazing, so at least we still have that.

What's an avatar with scorch like? I haven't tried using my rev yet with scorch, but I've heard if you're at a decent range (50km) it'll rip poo poo up

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

ChickenWing posted:

Hey I hear we freeported Pandemic Chode's home system that's neato

How's the war going? I've been playing Overwatch and Total Warhammer and not eve.

Hi chikun. I am in YVR and also not logging in. I hear teedot is sweltering.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

What's an avatar with scorch like? I haven't tried using my rev yet with scorch, but I've heard if you're at a decent range (50km) it'll rip poo poo up

The Rev is absurdly good with Scorch. With HAWs and double tracking speed scripts, you're at ~60km optimal and a tracking score of 2.3; meaning, you're basically an MPL Oracle with no prop mod and a little over 2000 DPS (a 6k alpha every 3 seconds). You'll blap anything that's webbed and painted.

With normal pulses, Scorch gives you 7000 dps at a 80-100km optimal (varying with TC scripts); you can do close-weapon damage at ranges where a Naglfar would need to fit arty.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Zephyrine posted:

That's odd because they are both the same brand and even the same jar. Though the old jar was something like 8 years old.

Who the gently caress uses 8 year old spices???????

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rust Martialis posted:

Who the gently caress uses 8 year old spices???????

It occurs to me that I probably do because I'm not sure how long I've had some of my spices and I think some I've had since college.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
ullerm's patch update reminded me to verify the blops mechanics on citadels. I tried to jump the Blops off a citadel with a Stork and it wouldn't budge. Then I tried to jump a Tengu that wasn't near anything, with and without a cyno lit.

After several attempts I have concluded that Micro Jump Field Generators don't boosh anything on Singularity right now.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Rust Martialis posted:

Hi chikun. I am in YVR and also not logging in. I hear teedot is sweltering.

It's actually not half bad here, it's hot as poo poo but it's not humid so it's not so miserable and both home and work have AC so I feel little to no pain.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
turkish coffee = best coffee. picking those ultra-fine grinds out of your teeth is part of the experience

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

hey guys just an update I can run again yay. too bad it's like 99 degrees with 100000000% humidity.

Also not having a belly button is weird because I'm used to scratching mine.

Also i love Overwatch

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
wait you dont have a belly button at all anymore? are you a test tube baby like Kyle XY from that ABC family show?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

vyst posted:

Also not having a belly button is weird because I'm used to scratching mine.

upshot: no lint

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

ullerrm posted:

Ugh, coffee talk, my weakness. Now I'm gonna have to read a Dephyrine post.

So, first off, cinnamon is extremely hydrophobic; it doesn't absorb water. (After all, it's the dried-out bark of a tree. Its entire purpose is to repel excess water.) So that's not your problem.

As for why you're just noticing this -- there are different grades of cinnamon. Not only are there different grades of quality, but there's also six different species of tree commonly referred to as cinnamon, and they have significantly different textures and flavors. Chances are, your original jar of cinnamon was Ceylon cinnamon (C. verum), and your new jar is Chinese cinnamon (C. cassia). I keep both in the house -- Ceylon is better for coffee and cold desserts, Chinese is better for baking.

Please don't put cinnamon in your coffee grinder. I'm assuming you've got a proper conical burr coffee grinder; it'll gently caress that poo poo right up. (If you're talking about some sort of whirly blade grinder, then it won't damage it, but please don't use whirly grinders for coffee. They produce really insistent grind which means inconsistent extraction which means terrible coffee.) Use a dedicated spice grinder, or just hand chop it with a knife.

You are a veritable well of random knowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

I'm assuming there's a new Naglfar model with the third turret?

• Locked thread