Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

AKA Pseudonym posted:

The polls show a lot of people voting for leave even though they thought it would hurt the economy. So, yeah, pure spiteful racism played a role here.

Money is literally the only valid justification for doing anything ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Money is literally the only valid justification for doing anything ever.

wont someone please think of the billionaires portfolios :qq:

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

Speculators losing money! Bankers leaving London!

Literally the apocalypse how will the average Brit survive with fewer hedge fund managers and a slightly less wealthy foreign investor??

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Decebal posted:

Mayor of Calais already telling the brits that they have to take that huge migrant camp (they themselves allowed to form) on to British soil now . Lol good luck France !

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-36626553

We just have to let them go vOv, the brits deal with them on their side

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

Maybe now average britons will be able to afford to actually live in London instead of commuting 2h !

Russian & Saudi billionaires can just die

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
#LIFEHACK: One simple trick to tank your country for generations, RUSSIAN AND SAUDI BILLIONAIRES HATE IT!

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Danger Mahoney posted:

Literally the apocalypse how will the average Brit survive with fewer hedge fund managers and a slightly less wealthy foreign investor??

Why would they go anywhere? Now they have all the leverage they want against a country with little or not trade agreements set up.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Why would they go anywhere? Now they have all the leverage they want against a country with little or not trade agreements set up.

literally have the throats of the british at their pleasure

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

plain blue jacket posted:

I am utterly dumbfounded that so many brits are genuinely shocked by their economy tanking about Brexit. What did they think was going to happen?
nobody is shocked it's just remainers feigning surprise for "i told you so" points

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wtf is this bullshit

quote:

We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum.

Supposedly the parliament is supposed to address any petition that gets over 100,000 signatures ?

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

www posted:

hoping london declares independence and lets the rest of england rot

it probably has the votes to form its own caliphate so it may as well

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

unpacked robinhood posted:

Wtf is this bullshit

Supposedly the parliament is supposed to address any petition that gets over 100,000 signatures ?

we just have to keep voting until we get our way. this is how democracy works

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
just referendum the referendum

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
turns out direct democracy is bad and a political class exists for a reason

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Danger Mahoney posted:

some things will affect them though like more difficult emigration and the weaker currency etc but yeah nobody gives a poo poo if venture capitalists go bankrupt

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

unpacked robinhood posted:

Wtf is this bullshit

too late, cameron resigned, the noodles are boiling and the fat lady has sung

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
conservatives are too busy not being knocked out of the race for PMhood to care about petitions

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Lichy posted:

turns out direct democracy is bad and a political class exists for a reason

the true fascism of the liberal exposed

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

I don't understand what is happening. Please educate me in the next 15 mins so I sound smart at the water cooler today.

David Cameron is like Roger
Goodell and Nigel Farage just deflated his balls and overturned the 4 week suspension.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Liberals claim to love democracy but the moment democracy wins they don't think it should count.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
I just don't know how people can say the sentence "I agree with Boris Johnson/Michael Gove/Nigel Farage" without feeling a little sick.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Volume posted:

Liberals claim to love democracy but the moment democracy wins they don't think it should count.

It's not really democratic when you campaign on allowing British citizens abroad being able to vote in the referendum and then backing out at the last minute

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
oh so you like democracy but the moment everyone starts shooting their own genitals with nail guns you want to stop it

fascist

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Chichevache posted:

David Cameron is like Roger
Goodell and Nigel Farage just deflated his balls and overturned the 4 week suspension.

lol

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

rezatahs posted:

the true fascism of the liberal exposed

sorry you prefer the rule of the mob to the rule of law lol

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Over 80 pages and not one single cohesive argument for remain that doesn't involve ~racism~.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
why are people saying that the BREXIT is foreshadowing what will happen with trump in the US when our presidents are not directly elected by popular vote?

Aug 4, 2010

why are people using the reason "THE CUTS" for voting out, ive heard* it a couple of times from the media now

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Must feel great that 51% of your country is totally smart and not racist

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

tenspott posted:

Over 80 pages and not one single cohesive argument for remain that doesn't involve ~racism~.

Because I don't want my travelling rights taken away from me and I highly doubt I'll ever be seeing any of the money that gets paid into the EU anyway?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

jBrereton posted:

Yeah and your country is worse for it imo.

which is why the UK was weak enough to enter the european union, then throw a tizzy about sovreignty. While, we hold a good chunk of the world power, could probably influence the UK and the EU into failure if we wished. If you want to matter, and the independence thing is about asserting dominance right? but you don't have it, and we do, and that's probably because we don't let things like sovereignty be dictated by simple majority, representing the will of the people only half the people in a fleeting political climate.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Pro BREXIT argument:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

www posted:

why are people using the reason "THE CUTS" for voting out, ive heard* it a couple of times from the media now

Farage and some of his buddies claimed that with the savings from no longer paying EU fees they could save the NHS and roll back budget cuts without raising taxes. Which is a lot more attractive than DONT BE RACIST or BANKS WILL BE DESTROYED but also was a lie so there you go

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

tenspott posted:

Hmm yeah

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

hemophilia posted:

which is why the UK was weak enough to enter the european union, then throw a tizzy about sovreignty. While, we hold a good chunk of the world power, could probably influence the UK and the EU into failure if we wished. If you want to matter, and the independence thing is about asserting dominance right? but you don't have it, and we do, and that's probably because we don't let things like sovereignty be dictated by simple majority, representing the will of the people only half the people in a fleeting political climate.

fleeting, yes. surely Leave winning is a harsh blow toward nationalism, and wont embolden other nations to propose a referendum of their own... wait

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

www posted:

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/746323983918858240

Essentially, the Brexiters said they would have to cut benefits to make that 350 million pound membership due to the EU and that would be better used to prop up the National Health.

And now they're going back on that.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

TBF what is the brexit argument that doesn't solely consist of gently caress LIBERALS

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

BULBASAUR posted:

Must feel great that 51% of your country is totally smart and not racist
Why is it okay to generalize the uk as being racist but it's not okay to generalize certain countries as sexist and homophobic, shouldn't we just respect their culture?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wit
Jul 26, 2011

tenspott posted:

Because

• Locked thread