Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

PokeJoe posted:

It's a side effect of how the levels work, they don't always have a definite "end" so they are not actually reset when you die. You just get dropped a little ahead of where you fell off. I couldn't really come up with a great solution to this problem, hence the occasional wasted respawn. I thought about setting you on the next piece of viable track but some of them are only 1 piece wide, so you'd still fall off before you could get an appropriate jump going.

Although now that I wrote this post, I think I could solve this with a smash-bros style spawn where you just hover for a few seconds and if you tap you can fall down early. I might put that into an update eventually.

Thanks for the feedback!

Another thing you could do is actually back the track up a bit from where they died, but instead of restoring whatever data was there, just place flat track a the level of the first known piece. That way there's a little bit of a grace period for the user to get ready to play again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Oh man armor is amazing in crowntakers. It negates an attack per encounter and gives a free counter attack for melee characters. It seems to be the most powerful armor rune by a wide margin.

USMC_Karl
Nov 17, 2003

SUPPORTER OF THE REINSTATED LAWFUL HAWAIIAN GOVERNMENT. HAOLES GET OFF DA `AINA.

DrBox posted:

How well does this play on a phone vs tablet? Looks like it might be tough to read some of the text after looking at screenshots.

I'm playing it on an LG G3 and can read everything fine. It's not big text, that's for sure, but I've not had any particular issues with the screen size.

*edit*

Shwqa posted:

Oh man armor is amazing in crowntakers. It negates an attack per encounter and gives a free counter attack for melee characters. It seems to be the most powerful armor rune by a wide margin.

Yeah, I almost always try to grab all the armor runes I can. Dodge seems pretty ok as well, but you really have to build your character towards dodge whereas armor runes are good for everyone.

In my current run, I'm focusing on boosting pure strength for all of my characters. Sure they get hit more often (less dodge) and don't crit at all, but that's pretty small beans when my crossbow dude can hit anyone on the map for 6-11 damage a pop and he's equipped with an attack rune that lets him ignore enemy armor!

USMC_Karl fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 21, 2016

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Potsticker posted:

Another thing you could do is actually back the track up a bit from where they died, but instead of restoring whatever data was there, just place flat track a the level of the first known piece. That way there's a little bit of a grace period for the user to get ready to play again.

I don't know why I didn't think to add a little grace period piece to the start, but that's a good and easy to implement solution. I'll definitely make that change!

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
ARMA Mobile Ops is out for anyone interested in playing a Clash of Clans clone but with the ARMA brand slapped on to it.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Jun 21, 2016

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?
Crowntakers seems neat so far, but the UI could definitely be scaled up a bit for phones. The inventory and dialog feel very small on my galaxy s6.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

It's really very, very small. Maybe I'll try it on the Kindle fire.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Cool, an update came out for Skyforce Reloaded, adding a new level, new upgrades, and some other stuff it looks like. A new tournament thing, but requires five friends...I need to get people friended on my throwaway Facebook games account it seems.

Edit: Facebook account is 'Nicholas Allgames'.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jun 22, 2016

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Morpheus posted:

Cool, an update came out for Skyforce Reloaded, adding a new level, new upgrades, and some other stuff it looks like. A new tournament thing, but requires five friends...I need to get people friended on my throwaway Facebook games account it seems.

Thanks for the heads up.

People can add me on Google Play Games thing under my same name as here.

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011

Morpheus posted:

Sweet. He fixed the crashing on ads. Thanks!

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How about we use the same sheet I made last time:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cXbuKyiybt06FlR3y8xWO5hKGBIrXAlYdg8HsGm9C6g/edit?usp=sharing

I added a new sheet for Reloaded and I would imagine this time we can just use Play Game nicknames instead of the stupid old system based around G+ circles.

Trastion posted:

Thanks for the heads up.

People can add me on Google Play Games thing under my same name as here.
Added you, though I still had you circled from 2014 :) .

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Pocket Mortys just got updated with a fairly substantial new campaign mode (along with yet more Mortys) for anyone keen on picking it up again.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 22, 2016

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Probably a stupid question, but how do you actually add people in Play Games? I've never been able to figure that out.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Speaking of Sky Force, two questions:

1) Does it seem to run significantly hotter than before the update for anyone else?

2) On the screen where you can see your ships and parts, there's a series of 10 bubbles. I noticed that when I selected the Ace of Spades, the sixth bubble lit up, but I didn't see any other bubbles light up. Ideas?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Hulk Krogan posted:

Probably a stupid question, but how do you actually add people in Play Games? I've never been able to figure that out.

I don't know but the friend system is just Google Plus with your achievement badges and high scores tacked on. I have never used it.

Nargiddley
Jul 30, 2006

hooah posted:

On the screen where you can see your ships and parts, there's a series of 10 bubbles. I noticed that when I selected the Ace of Spades, the sixth bubble lit up, but I didn't see any other bubbles light up. Ideas?

I just checked and had nothing lit up, then ran through stage one and the first bubble now lights up on the ship I finished it on.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

hooah posted:

Speaking of Sky Force, two questions:

1) Does it seem to run significantly hotter than before the update for anyone else?

Last night this happened to me. It was to the point that my fingers were actually too hot to keep them on the screen. (Droid Turbo, who knows. It's never happened before)

Almost finished with everything in this game, if only a couple cards and ship parts would drop.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

Hulk Krogan posted:

If I remember right, you add them through Google Plus and can throw them into a "Games" circle to keep your real friends and fake Google Plus gaming buddies separate. Then you can choose which circles a game can "see" when logging into Google Plus from that game. Intuitive it's not

This leads to much hilarity when goons with too few friends and too much ~internet savvy~ make the games invisible to all circles, because of course the whole world is secretly spying on them to see how many times they fap to Donald Trump fanfic in a day. Thus they try to add friends using an empty set and wander in confused circles for a goodly time

The system itself is decent for getting social bonuses in games and watching achievement numbers go up

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Teeny Titans is a new Pokemon-inspired RPG featuring the cast of the Teen Titans Go cartoon that's out today. I'm not a fan of the show, but I think this look really, really cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqHKsrNy3ec

In other release news, the mobile version of well received puzzle-platformer Never Alone is also out on the Play Store.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jun 23, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Nonstop Knight was just had a large update. If you haven't turned it on in a while you might want to now.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

For Skyforce, two people added me on Google plus so I added them back, but I can't figure out how to add anyone from the nicknames in the second column.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
FYI we've got Sproggiwood on sale for 2.99 through the 4th of July.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Satellite Command is a new orbital satellite management sim that looks pretty interesting. Tablets only at the moment, though the page does mention an upcoming phone version.

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

Chinook posted:

For Skyforce, two people added me on Google plus so I added them back, but I can't figure out how to add anyone from the nicknames in the second column.

Tunga posted:

How about we use the same sheet I made last time. I added a new sheet for Reloaded and I would imagine this time we can just use Play Game nicknames instead of the stupid old system based around G+ circles.

Looks like the links and email addresses are still necessary in addition to Google Play nicknames. Some other fun stuff like search visibility of profiles (which can only be tweaked using the classic G+ settings interface which can only be reached through some inane arcane ritual) probably comes into play too

You can just reference the Skyforce 2014 tab in that worksheet, some of our details are still there

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Thanks. I only need one more to do the tournament.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

mrkillboy posted:

Teeny Titans is a new Pokemon-inspired RPG featuring the cast of the Teen Titans Go cartoon that's out today. I'm not a fan of the show, but I think this look really, really cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqHKsrNy3ec
I've never watched TTG, but this game is really fun and addicting. Thank God there is no iap or I'd go broke. If you like DC and RPG's I'd recommend checking it out. The game sort of plays like Pokémon in that you collect a bunch of characters and fight you team against the enemies team. I'm not the biggest DC fan, so I don't know all the characters, but I have already seen some good ones like Batgirl, Nightwing.

The coolest part about the game is buying the characters from the item shops. You can rummage through the shelves and sometimes find hidden characters in the back.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Yeah, it seems like the roster is padded out with multiple versions of characters (I have Cyborg's Head for one, along with two other Cyborgs) or weird hybrid ones like "Wonder Raven" so it does make the more rare and expensive ones like Batgirl a lot more desirable, which I guess is the point of that.

I like it a lot. There's a surprisingly amount of depth and content to the game and I can't help but think this is what Pocket Mortys should have been like (and I like Pocket Mortys!).

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Speaking of Nonstop Knight, what are the best skills to use against the harder bosses? Right now I'm using Whirl with the rune that makes you take no damage, Slash and the healing clone. I time my whirl and slash so I don't take damage from the bosses. Anyone know of something that maybe works better?

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Unormal posted:

FYI we've got Sproggiwood on sale for 2.99 through the 4th of July.

Good game, my buddies daughter likes it as well, my only complaint is it's a battery drainer, but that's to be expected.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Sjonkel posted:

Speaking of Nonstop Knight, what are the best skills to use against the harder bosses? Right now I'm using Whirl with the rune that makes you take no damage, Slash and the healing clone. I time my whirl and slash so I don't take damage from the bosses. Anyone know of something that maybe works better?

Leap with the crit rune is really good especially if you start adding some +crit damage%. If you hit leap (or at least before the patch IDK if it still works) before you hit enter arena then your first hit will crit. Just have to make sure to not hit anything before you head to the boss. Then you can leap after you hit happens to crit again immediately. Or save the leap for later to avoid an attack.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

Sjonkel posted:

Slam (stun)
Leap (clone)
Clone (Decoy)

The fun synergy here is that your leap clone will have the same attributes as your clone clone (!?) if you have that equipped. So you'll have a decoy every time you leap with this setup.

Just leap whenever it is on cooldown, and you always have a decoy out. Pop the clone button when you are against something tough that can kill your decoy. Pop the Slam to buy your clones a few extra seconds of life on the really tough bosses. Stack weapon damage and armor. I think your clones share your armor/hp.

I haven't found anything better (for me).

Edit: The best setup I've ever had with this is:

3-star golden cape (2x Damage while at full health)
3-star Ice armor (Slows all nearby enemies)
??? weapon

Even if you are fighting bosses that can one shot you, they swing so slowly (frozen) that you can almost out-clone their swings.

Captaindirtnap fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jun 24, 2016

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

mcpringles posted:

I've never watched TTG, but this game is really fun and addicting. Thank God there is no iap or I'd go broke. If you like DC and RPG's I'd recommend checking it out. The game sort of plays like Pokémon in that you collect a bunch of characters and fight you team against the enemies team. I'm not the biggest DC fan, so I don't know all the characters, but I have already seen some good ones like Batgirl, Nightwing.

The coolest part about the game is buying the characters from the item shops. You can rummage through the shelves and sometimes find hidden characters in the back.

I don't think they were able to get the rights to the main characters like Batman, Superman and WW, so they are using the costumes to sort of get around it. It does suck that some of the characters are duplicates, but having the 80s version of stuff is pretty cool. Also, dad Nightwing is hilarious.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Lost Frontier's difficulty curve got steeeep after like mission 10 or so. I'm on I think Mission 15 (where the vampires first show up) and I am getting my rear end handed to me. That said - the set up doesn't really seem fair. Anybody else having trouble?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Galaga Wars, a Shooty Skies-inspired take on the game is out doing the soft launch thing right now (in Canada and Australia I believe). Its no Sky Force but it seems neat.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

mrkillboy posted:

Galaga Wars, a Shooty Skies-inspired take on the game is out doing the soft launch thing right now (in Canada and Australia I believe). Its no Sky Force but it seems neat.

Hope it comes out of soft launch soon. Looks quite good.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Chinook posted:

Last night this happened to me. It was to the point that my fingers were actually too hot to keep them on the screen. (Droid Turbo, who knows. It's never happened before)

I was on the plane today, and I found that my phone didn't get as hot while in airplane mode. For what it's worth.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Tiny Tower questions: a) Why can't I review the app on Google Play and b) Why won't the game open from the notification shade anymore?

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

bunky posted:

Tiny Tower questions: a) Why can't I review the app on Google Play and b) Why won't the game open from the notification shade anymore?

Ok so it isn't just me. I noticed the same after the most recent July 4th update.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Are you still signed up for the beta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Dodoman posted:

Are you still signed up for the beta?

Tiny Tower? All my updates come straight from the Play store. There's no beta channel that I'm aware of.