Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

...! posted:

Yeah, I tried that the last time you suggested it but it still doesn't line up. I'd love to know what you're doing because as far as I can tell no one else on the internet can figure it out.

Well the one time I've used it I didn't make a ground level floor. I snapped the other floors to the elevator and it seemed to work fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Koldenblue posted:

I haven't actually finished that quest yet, I suppose I should finish it before complaining more, but still... the very first time I fired up Fallout 4 and heard Travis on the radio, I was just like "WTF is this poo poo" and turned it off after like a minute. Now I just kind of tolerate him.

Also, one of my favorite moments from this game: I am in power armor at a settlement. Another settler, the only other person wearing power armor, asks me "Power Armor? Is that really necessary?" In dozens of hours of playtime, that is the only time I've ever heard that line.

Honestly he has a lot more personality before the transition, but if you find that personality annoying instead of funny you should at least find him tolerable once he puts on his faux-Three Dog persona.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC
Faction ending question: do you have to momentarily side with the Brotherhood during the Mass Fusion Quest in order to do the end game with the Minutemen (thereby leaving the maximum number of people/traders alive)? If so, I gotta get back to The Institute and commence to schematizing ...

Content: Explosive Combat Shotgun? Sure! Now I gotta figure out how to make ammo ..

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Mosnar posted:

Faction ending question: do you have to momentarily side with the Brotherhood during the Mass Fusion Quest in order to do the end game with the Minutemen (thereby leaving the maximum number of people/traders alive)? If so, I gotta get back to The Institute and commence to schematizing ...

Content: Explosive Combat Shotgun? Sure! Now I gotta figure out how to make ammo ..

Who did you give the network holotape to? Doing the mass fusion quest from the institute automatically makes you an enemy of Bos, iirc. Kill father, talk to Preston and give the holotape to Sturges if you want to do the Minutemen ending. Don't aggro the Bos if you want to keep them around.

E: spoilers still?

Mr.Grit fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 24, 2016

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Mr.Grit posted:

Yes, please. Not a total blackout, just use judgment. Revealing an item location, not a big deal. Revealing a major plot twist, no thanks. Some of us take the game slowly, especially with how much Survival slows the game down.

What I do is scan the top of the post and if I start seeing names or quest references I don't recognize, I skip. But one particular plot twist that I didn't anticipate was at the bottom of a post and it was just unavoidable.

Us slowies do appreciate it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spacebump posted:

How much worse is the gunplay in Fallout New Vegas? I might go buy it today. Is it worth buying the ultimate edition vs regular?

I actually sort of like NV gunplay. More accurately, I like NV guns, which manage to make up a significant portion of Gamebryo's rather lovely vanilla shooter mechanics. On my last guy (a sniper) I was shooting home-made rocket bullets out of a giant anti-material rifle, switching to automatic rifles and shotguns to knock enemies prone and cripple limbs, and cooking grenades to throw into mobs. Plus all of that is super satisfying in terms of production design and sound design.

FO4 feels very limited in comparison, even if the mechanical feeling of shooting is more fun. Plus the gun designs look straight out of NERF and the sound is all really tinny and weak.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Anti Material Rifle
Desert Eagle
Grenade launcher
Remote explosives
A pump action shotgun with proper looks and animation.

I would pay money to have these in the game.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf

Zephyrine posted:

Anti Material Rifle
Desert Eagle
Grenade launcher
Remote explosives
A pump action shotgun with proper looks and animation.

I would pay money to have these in the game.

3 Of those are mods:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11925/ - Anti Power-Armor Rifle (.50, 14.5mm, and 20mm)

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10011/ - Desert Eagle (with optional .44 version)

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9976/ - M79 Thumper

Best part is? They're all freeeee~

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

3 Of those are mods:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11925/ - Anti Power-Armor Rifle (.50, 14.5mm, and 20mm)

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/10011/ - Desert Eagle (with optional .44 version)

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9976/ - M79 Thumper

Best part is? They're all freeeee~

I have failed to install any mod I tried so far. Can I pay someone to install them for me?

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Mr.Grit posted:

Who did you give the network holotape to? Doing the mass fusion quest from the institute automatically makes you an enemy of Bos, iirc. Kill father, talk to Preston and give the holotape to Sturges if you want to do the Minutemen ending. Don't aggro the Bos if you want to keep them around.

I gave it to Stuges, but then had to talk nice to the Railroad before the Battle of Bunker Hill so I got caught up in their Patriot shenanigans.

Fake E: I may be overly cautious on the spoiler thing ..

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Zephyrine posted:

I have failed to install any mod I tried so far. Can I pay someone to install them for me?

Assuming you are on PC: Just use NMM.

If you still can't install mods using NMM I gently suggest that modding games might not be for you.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Mosnar posted:

I gave it to Stuges, but then had to talk nice to the Railroad before the Battle of Bunker Hill so I got caught up in their Patriot shenanigans.

Fake E: I may be overly cautious on the spoiler thing ..

For minutemen, you'll have to do... retake the castle, old guns, and defend the castle, at minimum. Then talk to Preston and Sturges again.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

After Bunker Hill, you can tell Father you're disgusted with him, and he kicks you out of the Institute. That fails your Underground Undercover quest with the Railroad and Desdemona tells you to use the Minutemen to assault the Institute

First time playing around with the heavier armors. The Eyebot armor looks both ridiculous and yet awesome. The Assaultron helmet is great, it pops open and closed when I ready my weapon, like Raiden's face armor. I love it.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I figured out how to get thruster arms on Ada thanks to someone from this thread but now it seems that having "normal" arms prevents you from attaching flamers and lasers to the thruster arms. Can anyone confirm if they got that to work?

It seems like it's basically a choice between 3 melee arms and 2 ranged arms with Handy torso/head, and 1 ranged head weapon and 2 ranged arms with any other torso/head combo. Hydraulic armor on thruster and all thruster legs gives a poo poo ton of armor too fwiw.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf

Zephyrine posted:

Just use the Nexus Mod Manager: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/modmanager/

It's about as painless as it can be.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mr.Grit posted:

For minutemen, you'll have to do... retake the castle, old guns, and defend the castle, at minimum. Then talk to Preston and Sturges again.

I'm pretty sure you also have to get kicked out of the institute, which is as easy as pickpocketing one of the scientists by the elevator (or killing them all)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Zephyrine posted:

On the Xbox One you just say "me likey dat" and it puts itself on. I've not run into the 2GB limit yet, most of the things live installed are new game functionality rather than texture overhauls.

longtimelurker
Mar 12, 2006