Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

wit posted:

Because

TBF, with the economy tanking, benefit cuts, and the NHS being gutted, I don't think the over 65 crowd will live that long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
don't get me wrong I know a lot of people are idiots but I didn't expect 52% of the U.K. population to be profitable idiots

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

wit posted:

Because

Are you trying to argue that 18-24 year Olds are an intelligent voting block who is on the right side of history?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

ArbitraryC posted:

Why is it okay to generalize the uk as being racist but it's not okay to generalize certain countries as sexist and homophobic, shouldn't we just respect their culture?

You're right and I apologize. The UK is sexist, homophobic, and now also officially racist

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

my crazy Jim Bakker loving parents told me that the EU would be the one world government the antichrist would lead so either england is about to be entirely destroyed or they'll rejoin the EU

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Young Freud posted:

TBF, with the economy tanking, benefit cuts, and the NHS being gutted, I don't think the over 65 crowd will live that long.

To be fair, with the return to the dark ages, I don't think the 18-24s will live to be 40.

Chichevache posted:

Are you trying to argue that 18-24 year Olds are an intelligent voting block who is on the right side of history?

No I'm trying to say that old people are always racist.

Nermal
Mar 16, 2004
Hey baby, wanna kill all humans?

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Money is literally the only valid justification for doing anything ever.

If only my ancestors in 1916 paused to think of the financial markets, I might still be under the benevolent Etonian yoke today.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
is there any class of people who are definitely NOT racists?

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

A Magical Lamp posted:

Because I don't want my travelling rights taken away from me and I highly doubt I'll ever be seeing any of the money that gets paid into the EU anyway?

Do you think it will become very difficult for a UK citizen to visit France or vice versa? I don't think that will be the case.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

darkhand posted:

zika babies

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

wit posted:

To be fair, with the return to the dark ages, I don't think the 18-24s will live to be 40.

No I'm trying to say that old people are always racist.

look at this idiot that doesn't know childhood disease was the reason for the average lifespan back then being so short. if you lived to your teen years you lived for a while

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

darkhand posted:

liberals, 18-24

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

tenspott posted:

Do you think it will become very difficult for a UK citizen to visit France or vice versa? I don't think that will be the case.

do you think UK citizens are just going to be able to stroll into France and find employment if the UK quits lol

just because the British will be allowed into EU territories for 90 days at a time without a visa doesn't mean jack

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

dog buttz posted:

my crazy Jim Bakker loving parents told me that the EU would be the one world government the antichrist would lead so either england is about to be entirely destroyed or they'll rejoin the EU

You just reminded me, what's Lyndon LaRouche's take on this?

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Lichy posted:

do you think UK citizens are just going to be able to stroll into France and find employment if the UK quits lol

just because the British will be allowed into EU territories for 90 days at a time without a visa doesn't mean jack

I imagine the EU is going to call for a scorched Earth campaign against Britain now and call for even tighter integration

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lichy posted:

Norway can do that just fine. So can Switzerland.

Why is the UK special?

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

darkhand posted:

Nope, everyone is pretty much Schrödinger's racist. They exist in a quantum racist state until they are observed disagreeing with you on any subject, from economic policy to favorite candy bar.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Voted remain, but I'm leaving the country in a few months, to start a job where I will be paid in something that's not pounds, unlike my outstanding student debt.

So... thanks, idiots?

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

wit posted:

Because

Are you saying some people have better or more worthwhile votes than others? I've always assumed a vote is a vote, regardless of the person casting it. Wait, that sounds awfully familiar....

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

spud posted:

Why is the UK special?

Not part of the Schengen Area

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

BULBASAUR posted:

You're right and I apologize. The UK is sexist, homophobic, and now also officially racist

would you be comfortable saying these things about say, saudi arabia?

wit
Jul 26, 2011

darkhand posted:

Blacks, people who have a black friend and people who precede any statement that you might incorrectly think is racist with "not racist but,".

spud posted:

Why is the UK special?

Those countries haven't incited secession and destabilised european unity. European parliament is pulling out all the stops to try and fast track britain's exit so it can't fester for years as "totally leaving this shithole....tomorrow." guy or work out some half assed compromise which is what any uk government will desperately want to do. Europe does not want Britain to unfuck this, unlike an E/N poster, its actually gonna sever.

wit fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jun 24, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

dont worry after a brief period of unrest and instability things will get better because things always get better instead of worse right?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

ArbitraryC posted:

would you be comfortable saying these things about say, saudi arabia?

Yes, and Saudi Arabia is also a shithole.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

tenspott posted:

Visit no but find work there yes. That's an option I've always had before and I don't feel like giving it up unless it's for something that benefits me personally.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

spud posted:

Why is the UK special?

because the UK is not and never was part of schengen

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
ArbitraryC is just asking questions and is not brexhurt

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

dont worry after a brief period of unrest and instability things will get better because things always get better instead of worse right?

They sure do. After about ten years and likely the Tories going on a mass privatisation spree we can maybe approach the glorious utopia that was yesterday.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Dzhay posted:

Voted remain, but I'm leaving the country in a few months, to start a job where I will be paid in something that's not pounds, unlike my outstanding student debt.

So... thanks, idiots?

you're welcome, i voted opposite of you

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

BULBASAUR posted:

ArbitraryC is just asking questions and is not brexhurt

I'm just honestly curious because I feel like people who are just peachy saying how lovely and backwards certain white cultures are get really into cultural relativity the second darker skins get involved. On the scales of what's worse I feel like people wanting to stick to their own is a lesser evil than not letting women drive but it seems like the modern progressive movement doesn't really share my order of priorities.

xsuperkidx
Sep 21, 2000

Bread Liar

A Magical Lamp posted:

They sure do. After about ten years and likely the Tories going on a mass privatisation spree we can maybe approach the glorious utopia that was yesterday.

Awesome, that worked out great for your train system.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
How much is an Aston Martin now? $5,000?

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm just honestly curious because I feel like people who are just peachy saying how lovely and backwards certain white cultures are get really into cultural relativity the second darker skins get involved. On the scales of what's worse I feel like people wanting to stick to their own is a lesser evil than not letting women drive but it seems like the modern progressive movement doesn't really share my order of priorities.

Someone once told me FGM is no worse than the male circumcision many white Americans do.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

ArbitraryC posted:

people cant do as much about things not happening in their own country

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
5,000,000,000 brexlongs, which is about 400 welldings, or about 37.5 luds

ArbitraryC posted:

The brits backed a blockbuster Iraq action movie, helped destabilized the region they hosed up last century, and this all helped create the migrant crisis they hate. Now they don't want to deal with the consequences anymore because they're white and on an island. Country throws a tantrum and votes to leave the EU and is now shocked their currency is at a 30 year low and people call them racists. Top shelf comedy gold

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

Lichy posted:

France has >10% unemployment rate and a 25% youth unemployment rate. Aint nobody gonna find a job in France.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

extra stout posted:

you're welcome, i voted opposite of you

I bet this guy is up to his neckbeard in chav puss.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

this goes to show you that racism is actually a good thing and complaining about or attempting to address racism is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
ive been calling presumably british people racist on the guardian comments section for the last 24 hours & never have i been so fufilled

• Locked thread