Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Syndic Thrass posted:

wait you dont have a belly button at all anymore? are you a test tube baby like Kyle XY from that ABC family show?

No I'm order to get the skin they removed it. I just have an upside down t scar from the bottom of my ribcage to my waist line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

vyst posted:

not having a belly button is weird

:stonk:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

God drat, the more I think about CCP scheduling AT to coincide with Thanksgiving weekend, the more I get pissed about it. In particular, it's gonna gently caress up commentating, because I can't see Laz or Elise volunteering to spend that weekend away from their families, on Fart Rock, telling nerds over the internet that they're bad at spaceships. (Oh, and it'll be early winter on Fart Rock, so pissing rain and 5 hours of daylight.)

e: I've already gotten two convos from people saying "we're gonna skip AT this year and apply to EveNT instead, wanna play on our team?"

Helicon One posted:

I'm assuming there's a new Naglfar model with the third turret?

Correct. They added a third mount a little lower on the hull.

Ynglaur posted:

You are a veritable well of random knowledge.

True, but in this case, it's not that random. I've lived in the pacific northwest for a majority of my life, and everyone here spergs out over at least one of four topics: coffee, beer, whisky, or weed. I do all four.

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 25, 2016

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Thanksgiving?? Isnt that poo poo usually in late summer?

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

Orange Red Bull posted:

Thanksgiving?? Isnt that poo poo usually in late summer?

Fourth thursday in november for the US

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Man let me take this declining little thing with average viewership and moderate hype and stick it in a major holiday :ccp:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

LOL at PL for having to practice through Thanksgiving to get that yearly welfare check
  • November 5-6
  • November 12-13
  • November 19-20 - EVE TV Broadcast
  • November 26-27 - EVE TV Broadcast

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Orange Red Bull posted:

Man let me take this declining little thing with average viewership and moderate hype and stick it in a major holiday :ccp:

When's Thanksgiving for EU types?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Do godless heathen euros even celebrate thanksgiving?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Orange Red Bull posted:

Do godless heathen euros even celebrate thanksgiving?

why wouldn't you? it's like Christmas practically

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I'm looking forward to the commentary regarding skill injectors. It used to be special if you had a character with 180 million SP in subcap everything. But now even SP loss from T3s are a non-issue. If a team is serious about the AT they'll have their characters fully Injected for anything, and that means intel from killboards or eveboards are out the window. As a small example, CODE wouldn't have been restricted to Catalysts or Taloses. If there is a dominant meta it will be even worse than Gallente Sentries Online from some years back.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Orange Red Bull posted:

LOL at PL for having to practice through Thanksgiving to get that yearly welfare check

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Elsa posted:

I'm looking forward to the commentary regarding skill injectors. It used to be special if you had a character with 180 million SP in subcap everything. But now even SP loss from T3s are a non-issue. If a team is serious about the AT they'll have their characters fully Injected for anything, and that means intel from killboards or eveboards are out the window. As a small example, CODE wouldn't have been restricted to Catalysts or Taloses. If there is a dominant meta it will be even worse than Gallente Sentries Online from some years back.

Because subsystem sp loss was ever a real 'issue'.

Orange Red Bull posted:

• November 5-6
  • November 12-13

Forgot the obligatory- :airquote: we did it reddit! :airquote:

Xolve fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 25, 2016

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I mean they're 5 day skills so it's not losing FC or Titan 5 but cmon if you go on 2-3 welps within a week you're rolling with l4s in more than just prop or engineering, thus cutting into your tank, deeps, or EWAR range (assuming you don't have PG issues) which is to say it deff can matter, just on a micro scale not a macro one. Until you're whole alliance is flying Def and off 4 t3s I guess

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
T3 losses can be an issue when you have a match coming up the same day and want all subsystems to V.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Or when you're asher elias and keep a list of every t3 you've killed in the last week

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

gwrtheyrn posted:

Or when you're asher elias and keep a list of every t3 you've killed in the last week

I'm pretty sure I'm the one who started that on the Querious deployment. "hey we should make sure we kill the same guy."

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Orange Red Bull posted:

• November 5-6
  • November 12-13

Wouldn't affect PL, only the finals are on Thanksgiving weekend.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

dialhforhero posted:

The only places you should ever worry about steak going to give you any food poisoning is if you go to like, a Ponderosa or Texas Road House or something like that. If you're the kind of person who goes to these restaurants anyway you're probably someone who unironically will go to Applebees for any reason and that's problem enough.

The only way you can get sick from eating raw steak is if it's handled incorrectly or the cow itself was sick (there's tons of safeguards before beef ever gets to the chopping block if the latter is true). Chances are if you get sick eating steak at home it's because you probably took a poo poo, didn't wash your hands, then dropped it on the floor and didn't even bother to cook it for any amount of time at all on a hot grill. If you get sick at a restaurant it's because you need to choose higher quality restaurants.

This is from way back, but :agreed: and lol if you eat anything except the rolls and butter at Texas Roadhouse.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Dr. Pangloss posted:

This is from way back, but :agreed: and lol if you eat anything except the rolls and butter at Texas Roadhouse.

I haven't been to one in almost 4 years and I'm not missing anything about it.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Dr. Pangloss posted:

For a steakhouse chain it's not horrible, I mean, it's a 12 dollar steak.

It's a bit unfair to compare it to applebee's though.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
We have one of those Brazilian steakhouses near me. That place will put you in a meat coma.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Jazzzzz posted:

upshot: no lint

But how's he going to knit a sweater?

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
If you're going to go to a restaurant to eat a steak in the first place then find a local steak joint. At the very least find a reputable franchise like a Ruths Chris.

Seriously this is advice that is universal and is not hurff blurff pretentious poo poo about food. Some things you gotta do poo poo right always and steak is one of them.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
:laugh: if u go to Texas Roadhouse for the food

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Eminai posted:

Wouldn't affect PL, only the finals are on Thanksgiving weekend.

They essentially shutdown and do nothing for 3 months up until AT

Mukk roams gonna get hella popular gotta get them 30 kms snigg boys

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Orange Red Bull posted:

I know, I just wanted to snark about how last year Camel managed to field two teams that each did better than PL.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Xolve posted:

Because subsystem sp loss was ever a real 'issue'.

On second thought, the way you snapped at me for what I thought was a harmless comment makes me wonder if there is some disappointment over losing the advantage of having typically high-SP characters.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

dialhforhero posted:

If you're going to go to a restaurant to eat a steak in the first place then find a local steak joint. At the very least find a reputable franchise like a Ruths Chris.

Seriously this is advice that is universal and is not hurff blurff pretentious poo poo about food. Some things you gotta do poo poo right always and steak is one of them.

Ruth's Chris is overpriced for what you get really. If I want good steak that bad I'll hit the butcher shop and just make it myself.

What I'm saying is: Go to a butcher shop.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

Ruth's Chris is overpriced for what you get really. If I want good steak that bad I'll hit the butcher shop and just make it myself.

What I'm saying is: Go to a butcher shop.

:same: :agreed:

Elsa posted:

:laugh: if u go to Texas Roadhouse for the food

Some of my friends are poor... it's not my fault they're teachers.

Elsa posted:

On second thought, the way you snapped at me for what I thought was a harmless comment makes me wonder if there is some disappointment over losing the advantage of having typically high-SP characters.

For what?

Orange Red Bull posted:

One fleet a month, super hard.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

God drat, the more I think about CCP scheduling AT to coincide with Thanksgiving weekend, the more I get pissed about it. In particular, it's gonna gently caress up commentating, because I can't see Laz or Elise volunteering to spend that weekend away from their families, on Fart Rock, telling nerds over the internet that they're bad at spaceships. (Oh, and it'll be early winter on Fart Rock, so pissing rain and 5 hours of daylight.)

e: I've already gotten two convos from people saying "we're gonna skip AT this year and apply to EveNT instead, wanna play on our team?"

Correct. They added a third mount a little lower on the hull.

True, but in this case, it's not that random. I've lived in the pacific northwest for a majority of my life, and everyone here spergs out over at least one of four topics: coffee, beer, whisky, or weed. I do all four.

Pretty sure the AT schedule fucks the EVE NT schedule up since EVE NT is scheduled for right around that time of the year.

Edit - http://www.eve-nt.uk/2016/06/24/2661/ lol it absolutely fucks up EVE NT's schedule. Good work CCP.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jun 25, 2016

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

They should just accept the fact eve will never be an esport or even stream-worthy and cancel the AT :colbert:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I haven't been to a Texas Roadhouse in years and don't remember the food, what's wrong with the place?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Orange Red Bull posted:

They should just accept the fact eve will never be an esport or even stream-worthy and cancel the AT :colbert:

Doesn't EVE_NT hold a live event for its tournament? AT is just a couple devs on night shift trying to make the video and audio feeds work.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Unfunny Poster posted:

Pretty sure the AT schedule fucks the EVE NT schedule up since EVE NT is scheduled for right around that time of the year.

Edit - http://www.eve-nt.uk/2016/06/24/2661/ lol it absolutely fucks up EVE NT's schedule. Good work CCP.

Uuuuugh, 2017 >_< Will you be redoing applications closer to that date, or do we still need to get teams submitted now?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

I haven't been to a Texas Roadhouse in years and don't remember the food, what's wrong with the place?

Theres nothing wrong with Texas Roadhouse the wannabe fooodies in this thread like to poo poo on anything commercial when it comes to food while wiping swedish fish and cheeto dust from their faces.

The best steak is the one you cook yourself on a charcoal bbq in your backyard :colbert:

If you cant or dont wanna :effort: then theres plenty of options that dont cost $50 a plate.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
I think people are just pointing out that local places are always the poo poo and better and/or a better deal than chains ("commercial poo poo") full stop.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
There is nothing remarkable to eat (good or bad) at a texas Roadhouse. The thing I find offputting is the way they display the steaks in the case in the entrance. It looks like an aisle in the grocery store, not like a display of fancy restaurant meat.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Kazak_Hstan posted:

There is nothing remarkable to eat (good or bad) at a texas Roadhouse. The thing I find offputting is the way they display the steaks in the case in the entrance. It looks like an aisle in the grocery store, not like a display of fancy restaurant meat.

theres places that charge like 50 bucks just for you to be able to pick the one you want out of the grocery store isle in a restaurant for them to cook. makes you think (how much money you could have saved picking it in a grocery store then grilling it like a loving grownup)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Syndic Thrass posted:

I think people are just pointing out that local places are always the poo poo and better and/or a better deal than chains ("commercial poo poo") full stop.

You can get a good steak in a restaurant for less than 60 dollars. Ruths Chris is a poo poo example of 'good'.

• Locked thread