Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Cake Attack posted:

how much of the combat dialogue you understand without subs just from watching anime is the purest test of your character imo

None fully but I did understand the gist of a couple of them. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

drat the anime cutscene before the second boss battle is fkn tite

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jarogue posted:

Should I do the DLC missions right a way or wait?

They are purely grinding stuff. I checked out the exp one just to see what it was like and I'll do the weapon mastery one once when I actually have 3 unmastered weapons at once. And the third one is probably harder since it's just based around savage enemies. But they're not really that interesting.

E: I know there's another DLC mission somewhere but I don't think it's unlocked yet.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How long is this game anyway? I just beat the Peg Knight thing and taught Tsubasa her song and it feels like the pace of this game is moving so fast that... I'm not actually sure what's left after this.

I figured the game would be about saving Tsubasa's Sister and figuring that mystery out but like a hour or so in I'm already going after her.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

How long is this game anyway? I just beat the Peg Knight thing and taught Tsubasa her song and it feels like the pace of this game is moving so fast that... I'm not actually sure what's left after this.

I figured the game would be about saving Tsubasa's Sister and figuring that mystery out but like a hour or so in I'm already going after her.

This is literally the first major dungeon and second one overall... I have a feeling the plot's going to expand.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

man i played six hours and feel like i could keep goin. im not gonna but been a long time since i freebased a game like that

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
According to HLTB it's 53 hours main story plus extras, but that's according to one guy so far, so it'll take a while for a more solid answer.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
I've heard a few murmurings of roughly 75 hours if you do all the side quests, but I dunno how accurate that is.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's an Atlus RPG

It's gonna be long

Super No Vacancy posted:

man i played six hours and feel like i could keep goin. im not gonna but been a long time since i freebased a game like that

I know right? I want to at least beat this second dungeon though...

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Fair enough, just feels odd that the opening mystery is getting somewhat tackled first thing.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

People are super slow at jrpgs for some reason so the times you hear are often like 25-50% inflated over what you can actually do it in

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

People are super slow at jrpgs for some reason so the times you hear are often like 25-50% inflated over what you can actually do it in

It's me I'm the slow one

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

According to HLTB it's 53 hours main story plus extras, but that's according to one guy so far, so it'll take a while for a more solid answer.

I haven't finished the game yet, but this seems about right to me. It also gets pretty drat difficult, even on Normal. There was a mid-boss in a later chapter I had to fight about 10 times before I managed to form a winning strategy, and I still occasionally get wiped out by a random enemy when I have bad luck.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I tried the weapon mastery dungeon. First enemy I fought, not too bad. found two secret books, also. next enemy I encountered were three guys that all did roughly 1100% of each party members health in damage. i will stay away from doing that extra dungeon for a while.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Cake Attack posted:

it's because i want to talk to all my friends in the game world between plot progression points

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Now that I actually got to play it, I updated the OP with a bit more information along with some screenshots posted in the thread.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
About four and a half hours into it and I just beat the miniboss of the first major dungeon. This game is an absolute blast!

I can relate to Tsubasa wanting to get the people around her into the things she likes. I hope she goes far in her idol career.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i'm glad i have the nurse outfit for kiria so i could immediately get her out of that pirate miku costume

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Pirate Miku is literally the worst thing about this game

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I don't know what you're taking about but I refuse to believe the combination of miku and pirates could possibly be bad

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pirate x miku = good
miku x tharja = good
pirate x tharja = good
pirate x miku x tharja = waaaaaaaaaack

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The character herself may be fine, the outfit is gross and bad though

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Do the dlc costumes change the stats (like they do in smt IV?)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Costumes don't effect anything

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I'm glad they're doing the Persona 4 thing of like. 'This one mystery is obvious, so the characters are going to actually recognize it and not be willfully ignorant.

Also, I'm enjoying this more than I'd thought. Especially when I realized you could change Tsubasa's outfit out of her weird Swan Lake boob outfit and just put everyone in workout clothes. Getting ripped fighting ShadoMirages.

also, Nickelwise. Super minor, second-dungeon enemy spoiler. So dumb. So good!

e: the idol song made me have a flash back to my haruhi suzumiya days

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I got this game because all of you were so excited about it. I like it so far. My gf enjoys it, as well. So thanks.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking outfits, is there a list of what you can get in the game. Hard to search for it, as results tend to be about the censorship crap.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0Va228UhRs

Guitar solos provided by Mr Friedman

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ugh if you can save anywhere dying really shouldn't just boot you straight to the title screen

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fortunately if you don't like a character's transformed outfit you can right away just make them fight in their normal clothes, even without the DLC. Kiria I'll probably turn into the EO3 Princess.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Why does Itsuki keep wiping his mouth. What did he eat?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So wen are we getting theses line stickers

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Okay seriously? I beat the first chapter boss and the change NoA made is actually confusing.

Aversa when you first see her looks normal, or as normal as weird purple monster centaur things can get. Then the anime cutscene happens and censorship smoke suddenly appears over her chest and looks really goofy. Suddenly your fighting her and the smoke is gone. What actually was the point?

Having fun regardless though. What's Touma's Stickers supposed to be anyway? Maiko has the drunk rabbit thing and Tiki has herself but I can't figure out what I'm looking at with his.

night slime
May 14, 2014
Why don't they have Gamepad audio with the headphones? That sucks.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Probably from that superhero show you can see on some posters and screens.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
As far as I can tell, Touma really wants to be a Power Ranger.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Barry Goodman is my friend.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Finished chapter 2. Great game but some of the minor side missions are just npc hunting with no marker. If the rewards are like Persona 4's bland request missions I'm just going to skip them.

My biggest gripe is forced gamepad usage. There's plenty of unused buttons that can bring up a map or twitter messages. If you're not going to have off TV play then I should be able to play the game with the gamepad off.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Having fun regardless though. What's Touma's Stickers supposed to be anyway? Maiko has the drunk rabbit thing and Tiki has herself but I can't figure out what I'm looking at with his.

a sentai hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Bogart posted:

As far as I can tell, Touma really wants to be a Power Ranger.

I mean his introduction is literally something out of a sentai show with the random explosions.

• Locked thread