Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Here are some character collections; Cap and movie Black Panther. (not pictured Hottoys Caps)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Speaking of MAFEX:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gann Jerrod posted:

Speaking of MAFEX:

Whoa, are those 2001 A Space Odyssey figures?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

~$65

That Rey is gonna be a perfect gift for my sister. She's been looking for a Rey figure that actually looks like Daisy Ridley since the movie came out.
Nice, do we know when they're due out?

I got the 3.75" Walmart exclusive Black series Rey, with improved paint apps and articulation. It's a cool figure, but that other one looks great.

Schrecken
May 21, 2016

Child of Woe

Xenomrph posted:

Nice, do we know when they're due out?

I got the 3.75" Walmart exclusive Black series Rey, with improved paint apps and articulation. It's a cool figure, but that other one looks great.

The Vader should be out in February 2017, and Rey in March 2017.

The Vader looks really good. I have the MAFEX ROTJ version and I think it's probably the best 6" scale Vader made so far. I was cautious about getting it after hearing about the problems some other MAFEX figures have had, but so far no breakages or loose joints.

I'm glad I didn't buy all 3 versions of Hasbro's 6" black series Rey. It would have been $60 + tax total if you were to pick up the original release, the second release with better paint apps, and then the newest release that includes Anakin's lightsaber. Looking forward to getting the Kylo to go with the MAFEX Rey. I was going to get the SH figuarts one, but the MAFEX one has the unmasked head.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Is the Legends 3 pack of MCU Spiderman, iron man and captain America exclusive to entertainment earth or expected to be released elsewhere?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Games Workshop was at a big licensing convention, and one of the specific things they mentioned was toys. Imagine NECA with the Warhammer 40k license. They just need to do three or four molds, and then Space Marines forever

Schrecken
May 21, 2016

Child of Woe

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Is the Legends 3 pack of MCU Spiderman, iron man and captain America exclusive to entertainment earth or expected to be released elsewhere?

It will be available everywhere. I read that EE has some sort of deal where they are the only ones allowed to offer it for pre-order before august 1st, and that they will get their stock in first. Everywhere else that carries ML stuff will get it in too.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

boom boom boom posted:

Games Workshop was at a big licensing convention, and one of the specific things they mentioned was toys. Imagine NECA with the Warhammer 40k license. They just need to do three or four molds, and then Space Marines forever

Holy motherfucking poo poo, I've been waiting for 40k figures for YEARS.
If GW actually lets someone make 40k toys (and it's not stupid expensive ThreeA poo poo where they make like 3 figures in the span of 8 years) I will take back every negative thing I ever said about them as a company.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
I don't play 40k, nor do I care about it at all really, but yeah if there were quality 6-8" figure of a Space Marine I'd totally buy that poo poo.

Unless they do something lovely like give the license to Funko, where we'll get a Space Marine of the same quality of their lovely Power Armor Brotherhood of Steel figure. Such a disappointment.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Joe Fisto posted:

Here are some character collections; Cap and movie Black Panther. (not pictured Hottoys Caps)

I love character-specific collections like that, especially as a Blue Beetle and Booster Gold collector. Nice photos! I'm sure it's fun and expensive to be a Cap collector these days.

(I was about to ask you if you need the Marvel NOW! Cap, since I'm selling or trading one, until I finally saw it in the front of your display.)

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

ShimSham posted:

I don't play 40k, nor do I care about it at all really, but yeah if there were quality 6-8" figure of a Space Marine I'd totally buy that poo poo.

Unless they do something lovely like give the license to Funko, where we'll get a Space Marine of the same quality of their lovely Power Armor Brotherhood of Steel figure. Such a disappointment.

This but the orcs. Goblins? Which ever Warhammer has, they are cool looking.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Why cookie Rocket posted:

This but the orcs. Goblins? Which ever Warhammer has, they are cool looking.

Warhammer Fantasy has Orcs, Warhammer 40k has Orks (alternately, Orkz).

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Hey, I know the criticism about Captain Phasma being a bullshit character that was just shoehorned in to sell toys, but where are all the toys? I've seen like two on shelves, and they aren't even chromed. Am I missing something? Preferably in the 3 3/4" or, if needs be the Black scale (6"?). Even on eBay and Amazon what I can find either looks white, or at best like a dull painted silver. Anyone got a lead on chrome?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Hot Toys one is actually shiny. But, you know, $300.

Even the Elite one, which is die cast, is just painted silver gray.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
The bandai figure kit is chromed silver, you'll have to put it together yourself, but it'll look pretty good.

Schrecken
May 21, 2016

Child of Woe

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Hey, I know the criticism about Captain Phasma being a bullshit character that was just shoehorned in to sell toys, but where are all the toys? I've seen like two on shelves, and they aren't even chromed. Am I missing something? Preferably in the 3 3/4" or, if needs be the Black scale (6"?). Even on eBay and Amazon what I can find either looks white, or at best like a dull painted silver. Anyone got a lead on chrome?

They are both in the 6" scale, but the Bandai model kit one is a shiny chrome, and it's out now, but only available though import. Sometimes you can get it from a seller on Amazon offering it through prime. You have to build it and it doesn't have much heft, but it looks and can be posed like a figure.

The other isn't out yet, but MAFEX is making a Phasma that looks to be chrome plated as well.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

I doubt anyone good would pick up the license, but I'd love some proper 1/12 scaled Warham toys. A few Space Marines and a pile of Guardsmen to fight the Avengers would be the best.

P.S. Someone make glyos compatible Mechanicus people so I can easily customize them with robot parts.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hot Toys --- you did it. You loving did it! Take my money right now!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All it took was getting super old to make Harrison Ford sculptable.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, preordering this as soon as I can.

Chewie is a tiny bit better but the face seems off. I cant understand how they cant replicate something that isn't real and is a creature.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jun 24, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Those new stands are cool.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
God their head on a pike pictures are so loving creepy, only because their sculpts are amazing.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

drat that sculpt is amazing. I hope Han comes with his brown jacket underneath the big one, or they do a non-snow planet release later.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Rage posted:

drat that sculpt is amazing. I hope Han comes with his brown jacket underneath the big one, or they do a non-snow planet release later.

He does, there are other pictures on Facebook with the coat off.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I love character-specific collections like that, especially as a Blue Beetle and Booster Gold collector. Nice photos! I'm sure it's fun and expensive to be a Cap collector these days.

(I was about to ask you if you need the Marvel NOW! Cap, since I'm selling or trading one, until I finally saw it in the front of your display.)

Thanks! I've got my eye on some old ToyBiz Caps. Some are fairly cheap still in package.

Here's Thanos (not pictured Hottoys Thanos)

Also: I preordered the gently caress out of that Han/Chewie set.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I loved that cheesey orange Thanos so much as a kid. Such a great figure at the time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Green Arrow's one of my favorites, so I picked up the unlicensed "Three Q Cities Ranger" figure that came out recently. It's based on season 1 Ollie on Arrow.

It's actually great. The quality on it is way higher than I expected, and it's a much better Stephen Amell than the crappy ones that claim to be a likeness on ebay.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Green Arrow's one of my favorites, so I picked up the unlicensed "Three Q Cities Ranger" figure that came out recently. It's based on season 1 Ollie on Arrow.

It's actually great. The quality on it is way higher than I expected, and it's a much better Stephen Amell than the crappy ones that claim to be a likeness on ebay.

Yeah, I'd leave the mask on personally: Outfit looks good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They improved it before the actual release.

I was expecting it to look like that and keep the mask and hood on all along, so it was a nice surprise to see it came out better than previewed.

I bet it's really easy to make my own Black Canary. Fishnets, motorcycle boots, a one piece swimsuit and a leather jacket. Thanks, perverts making sex dolls.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

got any pics of the improved face?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blackchamber posted:

got any pics of the improved face?

This is probably better than any pictures I can take. 6:58 he goes close-up on the face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ5A4jP-sGg&t=418s

(I didn't actually watch the rest of the video so I'm not vouching it. Plus it's in French.)

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black showing up at Ross. Carnage/Black Cat wave, Agent Venom, and that expensive AF Anakin

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Just found Marvel Legends Namor at Walgreens in Phoenix. Guess he's showing up in stores now.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Use this link to find him at a store near you:

http://www.walgreens.com/search/results.jsp?Ntt=Namor&productcard=new&productcard=new&productcard=new&productcard=new&productcard=new

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cocks Cable posted:

Just found Marvel Legends Namor at Walgreens in Phoenix. Guess he's showing up in stores now.

The WG right around the corner had 4 of them last night and I forgot to post about it. All of them had wonky eyes so I passed.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

10+ at my local WG. Out the door I go!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

The Rage posted:

10+ at my local WG. Out the door I go!

Don't get your hopes up. The site said my store had 6-9 of them, but when I got there all I found were a few Hulkbuster wave figures and a couple Scott Lang Antmans. The guy who worked there said there weren't any in the back either.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Grant DaNasty posted:

Don't get your hopes up. The site said my store had 6-9 of them, but when I got there all I found were a few Hulkbuster wave figures and a couple Scott Lang Antmans. The guy who worked there said there weren't any in the back either.

He was lying to you.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I know Pops aren't super popular around here, but this is the only Squirrel Girl figure out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

He was lying to you.

I knew it. Fucker was hoarding all those sweet Namor figs for himself.