Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

Snapchat A Titty posted:

I rescind the ownage back to the child, with Kiwi as my witness.

And as his father I shall own him in a game of WWE Smackdown later this week.

(Or try to... the kid is BRUTAL with virtual steel chair in hand)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Distorted Kiwi posted:

And as his father I shall own him in a game of WWE Smackdown later this week.

(Or try to... the kid is BRUTAL with virtual steel chair in hand)

So it shall be. The Smackdown will decide.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Poster Six-Pack: Posters aren't a Documentary Edition
(Or: Get 'em in the door anyway you drat well can)

(Japanese Edition)

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Oh man, Planet of the Dinosaurs. That brings back some serious memories.

I was seven or eight. One of the local video stores was having a going out of business sale since they couldn't compete with a new Hollywood video. My dad gave me $5 to spend on some movies, and I grabbed that movie, Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla, The Idaho Transfer (WEIRD FUCKIN MOVIE) and some weird movie about a bear that eats hallucinogenic mushrooms or something. Anyway, that night and many nights since have firmly cemented dino mayhem as one of my life's truest loves.

I really need to watch it again.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rough Lobster posted:

I was seven or eight. One of the local video stores was having a going out of business sale since they couldn't compete with a new Hollywood video. My dad gave me $5 to spend on some movies, and I grabbed that movie, Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Godzilla Vs Mechagodzilla, The Idaho Transfer (WEIRD FUCKIN MOVIE) and some weird movie about a bear that eats hallucinogenic mushrooms or something. Anyway, that night and many nights since have firmly cemented dino mayhem as one of my life's truest loves.

If you don't mind riffing, Rifftrax (former MST3K members) did one for that movie.

http://www.rifftrax.com/planet-of-dinosaurs

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, it's goofy because the shirtless blonde beefcake is in the movie but he doesn't actually do anything. The weirdest part of the movie is how they kill off the really hot chick in the first five minutes.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I loving love old movie posters

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

oldpainless posted:

I loving love old movie posters

nobody tell the little scamp what thread he's in or he'll lose it

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Rough Lobster posted:

Unfortunately it holds up poorly. I also watched it a lot as a kid, but it's only when viewing as an adult that I realized just how much goddamn padding is in that film.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
quick folks, guess how many of these people are playing high school students!

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jun 26, 2016

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
..... her?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ah, Hollywood Ugly.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Illinois Smith posted:

quick folks, guess how many of these people are playing high school students!

That movie looks so fetch.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I see nothing wrong here.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Ann Veal and the guy who plays her hunky love interest are so close to a combined 60 years old.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jun 26, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Evidently I have a different standard of ugly than the rest of you.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
hosed up that Hollywood would exploit that poor morbidly obese girl like that while pushing Melissa McCarthy as a symbol of fat acceptance.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Waffleman_ posted:

Ah, Hollywood Ugly.

The DUFF is explicitly about the way in which teenagers are undermined by a (largely misogynistic) moving target that attacks people because of how their friends look: they're the DUFF not because they are ugly or fat but because society demands that someone be positioned as such, driving a wedge between friends. Some of y'all are mocking it despite agreeing with the message it espouses :shobon:

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Allyn posted:

The DUFF is explicitly about the way in which teenagers are undermined by a (largely misogynistic) moving target that attacks people because of how their friends look: they're the DUFF not because they are ugly or fat but because society demands that someone be positioned as such, driving a wedge between friends. Some of y'all are mocking it despite agreeing with the message it espouses :shobon:
Given Hollywood's track record it's not exactly surprising that this is lost on a lot of observers (myself included). Good to hear it's more sensible than it seems, then.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

So is it a comedy or what?

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

oldpainless posted:

So is it funny or something?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Allyn posted:

I didn't know what a DUFF is because I don't know what the kids these days are saying/kept to myself in high school anyway.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Waffleman_ posted:

I didn't know what a DUFF is because I don't know what the kids these days are saying/kept to myself in high school anyway.

Designated ugly fat friend

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's actually written on the poster too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I saw that. I guess I didn't realize what designated meant in this situation. I thought it applied to "friend" and not "ugly"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bunch of new ones:

This poster appropriately makes the characters distant from the game and viewer, separated by a large empty space.

I love the layout for this one.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

It's not a real thing anyways

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay then, that explains it! v:v:v

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

cvnvcnv posted:

The hot girl has the nose and teeth of a Halloween witch mask and the fat, ugly one is neither fat or ugly.

I see nothing wrong here.

I mean, I'm phone posting so maybe I'm not seeing the photo large enough, but her teeth aren't visible?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Distorted Kiwi posted:

(Japanese Edition)

WHOOOO, PACKERS!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The MSJ posted:

This poster appropriately makes the characters distant from the game and viewer, separated by a large empty space.

And they have a plan.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Directed by

:pwn:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Can someone please tell me what the golden ratio and V for Vendetta symbol are doing on that poster?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Fayez Butts posted:

Can someone please tell me what the golden ratio and V for Vendetta symbol are doing on that poster?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lmao

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

wow.... sonichu.... I didn't know....

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Golden Ratio jokes will never stop being the funniest thing

kalel