Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The economy is gonna be OK guys.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...2%BD-year-high/

Lol at people taking their money from one island sinking in to the ocean and transferring it to another island sinking in to the ocean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Ivor Biggun posted:

All Boris wanted to do was become the PM, now he's worried that tanking the economy to get there might have been a step too far.

I'm imagining that Boris is that guy from John Carpenter's The Thing, who declines to take over as leader of the outpost because he knows subconsciously that he's the monster.

gannyGrabber posted:

The economy is gonna be OK guys.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...2%BD-year-high/

Lol at people taking their money from one island sinking in to the ocean and transferring it to another island sinking in to the ocean.

Britain is a shithole due to the Tories, Russia's on a tear, and now Japan's booming! Holy poo poo guys, the '80s are back!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
my name is david cameron and i'm here to say we're gonna brexit now in a major way

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
https://twitter.com/LordAshcroft/status/746284427165184000

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Technically they're all leavers now, and the EU is gonna ban them from queuing for games to improve matchmaking

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/louisa_compton/status/746279848180592640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

lmao

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model
As the old adage goes, history repeats itself.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
So what's the new "This person must be very intelligent!" pop culture accent going to be?

Trojan.exe
Feb 22, 2011

I never said I was a role model

Neo Rasa posted:

So what's the new "This person must be very intelligent!" pop culture accent going to be?

Probably Finnish.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

woah

i hope that he gets committed before he kills anyone

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I passed?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

So, not unlike the US Red states.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

Yeah sure that sounds like an actual thing that happened irl

This morning I met someone with a different political opinion than me who told me they are dumb and wrong and also now agree with me. Makes you think

OctaviusBeaver fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jun 25, 2016

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

CommieGIR posted:

So, not unlike the US Red states.
That's a little different, as that at least is talking about federal aid. This is talking about where their products go, so I suspect it's essentially measuring the proportion of the area's economic activity that's industrial or agricultural as opposed to service industry.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jun 25, 2016

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

OctaviusBeaver posted:

This morning I met someone with a different political opinion than me who told me they are dumb and wrong and also now agree with me. Makes you think

Eh, I can see someone making a protest vote to show the establishment they are mad as hell, but at the same time not really expecting anything to change. Then you get up in the morning and the markets are crashing and it's all doom and chaos on tv, and that certainly isn't what you thought you were voting for. Finding out your retirement savings dropped 20% overnight can do that.

I don't think anyone who was committed to the ideology of UKIP and other strong Leave faction had next morning voter's regret, those guys were thrilled to get a win and figure things will work out for the best. But in any referendum there are going to be a lot of folks (on both sides) who vote based on their feelings about the last 3 adverts they saw rather than in depth research or any particular ideological purity.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

OctaviusBeaver posted:

Seems like a number of places are reporting people saying exactly that

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

OctaviusBeaver posted:

I don't think it's that unbelievable that a lot of people intending to lodge protest votes would backpedal on it once it turned out that a majority of people were lodging protest votes and it became no longer a protest vote but actual direction on policy for their nation

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Brrrtexit

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Brannock posted:

I don't think it's that unbelievable that a lot of people intending to lodge protest votes would backpedal on it once it turned out that a majority of people were lodging protest votes and it became no longer a protest vote but actual direction on policy for their nation

It's the "a lot" part that's unbelievable.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

gannyGrabber posted:

Japan is volcanic, it's growing!

Prettz posted:

Seems like a number of places are reporting people saying exactly that
1 out of large number N people phone the Beeb / talk to their liberal twitter friend and say they voted leave but regret it. Absolutely there are some silly persons that really did do this because they thought the polls showing a stay win were absolutely safe. Enough to change the outcome? No way.

Rest of large number N doesn't say anything because they got what they wanted.

News stories run about regret / twits get retwitted because they're interesting and a "story", not necessarily because they're a common feeling.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Kiryen posted:

It's the "a lot" part that's unbelievable.

17 million people voted to Leave. It's not hard to find several thousand people going "Whoa now boys, let's think this over a little bit heh heh oh god what did we do?"

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

brexit was good imo

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Man Whore posted:

brexit was good imo

you mother loving racist piece of poo poo

*dies of a rage-induced stroke*

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

It's always like this, always.

Wait I mean:

LIEBERALS

-or-

RACISTS

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Sure, I can see regret. Why not? I could imagine being one of those people that votes Trump in a swing state because gently caress Clinton and then he actually wins. I'd probably walk in front of a train the next day because gently caress me.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

did you hear about the pound

they broxeit

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Neo Rasa posted:

American.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

im gaye posted:

did you hear about the pound

they broxeit

:rimshot:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Brannock posted:

Goddamn it, never protest vote like seriously. We're having enough trouble with Bernie-Or-Busters considering to vote Trump as a protest against Hilary or the DNC. Hold your nose and vote Hilary, vote Green or Libertarian depending on your convictions, stay home, or even vote Trump if you actually believe in his platform, but doing it just because you're a goddamn childish baby throwing a tantrum because you can't get what you want is just going to get you in more trouble than you actually want and that's what a lot of these people voted Brexit are realizing.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Flubby posted:

Sure, I can see regret. Why not? I could imagine being one of those people that votes Trump in a swing state because gently caress Clinton and then he actually wins. I'd probably walk in front of a train the next day because gently caress me.

Doing your part to make America great again.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Flubby posted:

Trump would be in power during an economic recession and inevitably get blamed for it. He's running a campaign on the idea he's a businessman so he knows whats good for the american economy. He can do a lot as president, but the other branches of government would not work with him at all. It's actually in the republican party's best interest he loses this upcoming election beyond the supreme court nominations he'll have available.

Trump winning is bad but it's not the apocalypse. Cruz winning was the worst possible outcome and that is no longer in play. That being said in november we're gonna find out if Americans are as stupid as Britians.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jun 25, 2016

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Clinton loss gives a real chance to kick centrists and neoliberals lit of the party and woild be embarassing but entirely good if trump was elected. It's truly preferable.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Trump winning would be good because a bunch of smug self-satisfied twats would off themselves and/or learn something.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

hemophilia posted:

Clinton loss gives a real chance to kick centrists and neoliberals lit of the party and woild be embarassing but entirely good if trump was elected. It's truly preferable.

lol if they kick the centrists out they're gonna end up in political party hell with the whigs and the available parties next election will be Centrists and Trump Dynasty

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i get why hillary is bad and why she'd be bad for america, but i refuse to vote for trump

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

argondamn posted:

the last time a bunch of racists split from a union we had a war, i want a drat war.

We had a war with Something Sensitive?:confused:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Y-Hat posted:

i get why hillary is bad and why she'd be bad for america, but i refuse to vote for trump

Eh both choices are bad really but if you want decent supreme court justices to get picked go with Hilldog. But anyway.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Y-Hat posted:

it's too late to have a good president, vote for trump because he's funnier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

cock hero flux posted:

it's too late to have a good president, vote for trump because he's funnier

I can't wait for comments like "lol I thought it was just a joke" after Trump gets voted in.

• Locked thread