Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

It is so weird that there are two identical Internet startup mattress companies with the exact same target audience and advertising profile, both selling internet delivery mattresses that are mildly cheaper than a mattress store but 2-3x more expensive than ikea and the single pont of difference is the one (I can't remember which) makes a big deal out of the unboxing. They even have basically the same name.

Its insane..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Memory foam

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
Americans and your weird box based economy

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

My queen sized Casper is the only thing I've ever bought from a podcast. It's not the firmest mattress, but I can't complain since I got $200 off thanks to Earwolf* promo code, an additional code because their factory had a shortage that delayed shipment a week, and two randos on Twitter using my referral code.

*I literally have no idea if it was from Earwolf.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
It's sad for me too. I wish I wish I wasn't like that!

--a good line, from a funny HH

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Tarranon posted:

It's sad for me too. I wish I wish I wasn't like that!

--a good line, from a funny HH

Yeah, Dan Carlin is hilarious

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

I actually just ordered a Leesa mattress a couple days ago using promo code bang bang (not that i needed to because the site pops up with a promo code automatically anyways). I have an ikea mattress that is not comfortable and also pretty old now, so I figured I'd give one of these internet mattresses a try.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I think I'd shell out for a good box spring before I spent too much money on a mattress. But what the hell do I know. I'm just a young man looking for a good time.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

you could probably fill your room with mattresses for the cost of a weekend refreshing craigslist. a fool and his money...

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Wild Horses on I4H again, starting strong by talking about poop.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Mary Holland suffers a debilitating giggle attack early on in that poop sketch and never really recovers the entire episode.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The final segment of this week's "I Was There Year Too" was superb.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Any improv fans in NYC for the Del Close marathon this weekend?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, just about to head out, probably going to try to get into East Village for now, as this says it's currently got the most reasonable lines out of the major theaters. Planning on doing the Chelsea post-midnight show again until I pass out in my seat. Historically this is around 4:30 in the morning. Saturday I always have big plans but end up just sporadically going to shows.

The app is actually pretty solid this year, with the ability to add favorites and build your own schedule.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Yeah the app is super useful (outside of occasional crashes)
https://appsto.re/us/w-tcG.i

Seems like UCB East is winning again in the "funny shows without bullshit lines or terrible seats" award. The Chelsea wait time is ridiculous for what you get.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
Lmao at Paul Scheer claiming to be a happy LootCrate subscriber and then saying they send you "sixty-eight" items a month

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Analytic Engine posted:

Yeah the app is super useful (outside of occasional crashes)
https://appsto.re/us/w-tcG.i

Seems like UCB East is winning again in the "funny shows without bullshit lines or terrible seats" award. The Chelsea wait time is ridiculous for what you get.

Started off at Magnet yesterday to see some solid stuff. Late night at Chelsea was once again fantastic, I was the second to last person to get in at the start, waited ~2 hours so not too bad. Gemberling an Ozeri topped themselves with Davin and Danielle once again, stripped 5 audience members naked while thrusting into them in their sparkling unitards and just asking their names then repeating "Danielle, Danielle" in robotic tones over and over again for 15 minutes. Watched Will Hines on his knees eating a burrito out of one of his adult babies rear end crack. And a lot more weird poo poo. Managed to make it until just before the theater cleaning, but yeah heading over to the Beast now for some more standard fare.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

anotherone posted:

Lmao at Paul Scheer claiming to be a happy LootCrate subscriber and then saying they send you "sixty-eight" items a month

Is that a specific reference to something or is it just a ridiculous amount of items to claim to receive a month

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

anotherone posted:

Are you sure he's not saying six to eight?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Are you sure he's not saying six to eight?

there's no way he's not saying six to eight

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is lootcrate the worst thing that's been advertised on a podcast

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Help Im Alive posted:

not as long as sherry's berries exists.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Help Im Alive posted:

UYD used to do promos for entourage.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

mennoknight posted:

Oh man, those things. Scott sounded so perplexed.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
At least Sherry's Berries sounded like they might taste good. Loot crate just sounds like a straight up scam.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Listen to I4H ep 49 to hear Matt Besser be essentially unable to grasp the concept of seeso

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Help Im Alive posted:

Stamps.com has 324 yelp reviews, with an average rating of 2.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

At least Sherry's Berries sounded like they might taste good. Loot crate just sounds like a straight up scam.

I mean, I wouldn't call it a scam. You're signing up to receive terrible nerd garbage and that's what you get.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

mennoknight posted:

Sherry's Berries would be awesome to receive as a gift. I would cut ties with any friend who subscribed me to a box containing stickers and a mini Walking Dead plush doll every month.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Tatum Girlparts posted:

there's no way he's not saying six to eight

It's definitely supposed to be "six to eight" but he definitely says sixty-eight.

https://soundcloud.com/hdtgm/139-simply-irresistible-w-jensen-karp#t=0:53

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Haha you're 100% right

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

mennoknight posted:

Bill Burr had the right reaction to those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNe1i20yA4c&t=71s

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

anotherone posted:

It's definitely supposed to be "six to eight" but he definitely says sixty-eight.

https://soundcloud.com/hdtgm/139-simply-irresistible-w-jensen-karp#t=0:53

I don't get the Earwolf engineers. I mean the shows sound pretty good so they're capable but catching errors like that are part of the job. And there are plenty of times when they walk out during the recording. How they get away with that, I'll never know.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
What gave you the idea that Earwolf was a particularly well run organization? This is a place where a $200 donation will get you a blank sheet of printer paper with the performers signatures on it. Until they get backed up and have to catch up on 2 years worth of donations and never get around to it. Engineers walking out in the middle of shows totally fits.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

What gave you the idea that Earwolf was a particularly well run organization? This is a place where a $200 donation will get you a blank sheet of printer paper with the performers signatures on it. Until they get backed up and have to catch up on 2 years worth of donations and never get around to it. Engineers walking out in the middle of shows totally fits.

I suppose. Personally, as audio engineer I could not walk away from a session. Those guys have such a sweet gig.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

GobiasIndustries posted:

I mocked them in this thread ages ago, but I bought some with the offer code from CBB (still expensive, mind) as a birthday present and they were received very gratefully. Not something worth buying for yourself, but make a nice gift as they're fairly unusual.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Help Im Alive posted:

Cards Against Humanity is worse than Monsanto.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The Ape of Naples posted:

I suppose. Personally, as audio engineer I could not walk away from a session. Those guys have such a sweet gig.

Maybe, do we know what they get paid? The luster of working with top comedians probably wears off after a while.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Eltoasto posted:

Maybe, do we know what they get paid? The luster of working with top comedians probably wears off after a while.

I'm sure they do ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

EL BROMANCE posted:

I mocked them in this thread ages ago, but I bought some with the offer code from CBB (still expensive, mind) as a birthday present and they were received very gratefully. Not something worth buying for yourself, but make a nice gift as they're fairly unusual.

Yea feels like it's like the Flower site that gets advertised around holidays and all, you order that for others as a neat treat, not really because you're going 'man you know what I want? SOME MOTHERFUCKING BERRIES'