Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su

You joke dude, but that's a mighty thick slice of bread there! The plate barely maintains structural rigidity from the weight of all those mighty Russian vittles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

Turkeybro
Nov 12, 2011

Looking for strong men to discover what's under the helmet.

Wipfmetz posted:

Yeah, that's the type of deal I'd see in the future. Are there really any "BURN BRITAIN TO THE GROUND"-voices?

I don't care if britain stays in or leaves the eu but now that they have support again I want the scottish to hold another referendum on leaving, and for N. Ireland to join the republic or just become its own cool little country, and for Spain to annex gibraltar, all of which might happen and it makes me happy because empires are a force of inherent evil that should be dismantled and the english deserve to be a tiny insignificant half of an island nobody cares about.

Hopefully uk also loses all the little islands they also have around the globe to nearby nations and the world becomes an even better place for it, now if only the french and the americans imploded too.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

jiggerypokery posted:

I am loving crying this is comedy gold!

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/plan-trip/explore/promo/seat-sale

Ryanair doing 1 million 1 way tickets out of the UK for £10 each!!!

It makes sense, if you've been on one Ryanair flight do you really want to get on another?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Turkeybro posted:

I don't care if britain stays in or leaves the eu but now that they have support again I want the scottish to hold another referendum on leaving, and for N. Ireland to join the republic or just become its own cool little country, and for Spain to annex gibraltar, all of which might happen and it makes me happy because empires are a force of inherent evil that should be dismantled and the english deserve to be a tiny insignificant half of an island nobody cares about.

Hopefully uk also loses all the little islands they also have around the globe to nearby nations and the world becomes an even better place for it, now if only the french and the americans imploded too.

All those places were won fair and square! If the Spanish deserved Gibraltar they would have been able to hold on to it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Gibraltar should not go to Spain, it should become a 100% independent country with it's own separate government, police force, healthcare system, school system, army, navy, air force, olympic team, each of these staffed by like 15 people

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

EL BROMANCE posted:

It makes sense, if you've been on one Ryanair flight do you really want to get on another?

ryanair is perfectly decent if you don't make any mistakes at all to do with baggage and you use a mobile for checkin

lol if you gently caress anything up even slightly though

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Earwicker posted:

Gibraltar should not go to Spain, it should become a 100% independent country with it's own separate government, police force, healthcare system, school system, army, navy, air force, olympic team, each of these staffed by like 15 people

i still would like to meet those 800 people who voted to leave

they must be on top of the world

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
I'm not a leave supporter (I live in the US so my opinion doesn't matter anyway), but the meltdown in D&D is glorious. They're saying stuff like: "Old people should not be allowed to vote" "there should be tests you have to pass in order to vote" "I wish stupid white people would just stop voting, maybe they should only count as 3/5ths of a vote" "The working class needs to stop being racist fuckwits and return to the more tolerant left". :roflolmao:

In other news, The House of Commons was talking about having a revote after the GBP dive. All I could think of was this

https://youtu.be/WPZn4rbiB8g

Gianthogweed fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 25, 2016

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

cock hero flux posted:

There were certainly people on the Remain side who said that leaving would result in the EU going full scorched earth on Britain, and I think there may have been one or two comments before the referendum that could have been loosely interpreted as threatening, but for the most part since the hammer came down they seem more concerned with preventing damage to their economies than with punishing britain, and preventing damage mostly involves keeping things as similar as possible

The EU leadership are already telling Britain that they are not getting a deal like Switzerland or Norway where they are basically in the EU without officially being a card-carrying member. None of this special treatment where they can quit their membership and stop paying dues but still come to the Sunday picnics which seems to be what some of the leave campaigners thought would happen.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Maybe this will be a chance for the Monarchy to start playing a more prominent role in politics ! That way, if the democratic results are inconvenient they could just override them

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

ryanair is perfectly decent if you don't make any mistakes at all to do with baggage and you use a mobile for checkin

Oh yeah don't screw up your luggage or anything like that. I just found it was like being on a bus, and the custom interiors they have are awful. It's cheap though so can't complain too much.

Doing a transatlantic flight with Aer Lingus was probably worse.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Earwicker posted:

I look forward to the nearly-strait-to-dvd light-hearted comedy summer movie about it's olympic dream.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

In hindsight pig man promising a referendum was a bad idea.

He probably thought the leave vote had zero chance of success.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

https://twitter.com/EddieHenryJames/status/746700706481115136

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

grellgraxer posted:

I read a few Der Spiegel articles to get some German perspective. Already some veiled threats leveled at Greece:

"Those who are uninterested in reform, those who slide from one emergency aid package to the next, should no longer be stopped if they think they would be better off with their own currency. That is a bitter conclusion, but unity for the sake of unity has lost its value. Now, it is about facts and about getting along. That is of more value than the temptations offered by Russia."

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/brexit-presents-europe-with-opportunity-for-improvement-a-1099608.html

sounds like a great union to stay in imo

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

cock hero flux posted:

the only way to save themselves is to really commit to reform, and to fixing the problems that caused heavy anti-EU sentiment in Britain and other countries.

thats the biggest problem with the EU. its a top heavy, appointed bureaucracy so it doesn't have any mechanisms built in for popular reform

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Rutibex posted:

thats the biggest problem with the EU. its a top heavy, appointed bureaucracy so it doesn't have any mechanisms built in for popular reform

yes and that's why it got like this and why reform is unlikely even if it's the only way for it to live

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

if you are a musician they are a huge pain in the rear end

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

old people shouldn't be allowed to vote

deport all old people from the country and ban them. their beliefs and values are incompatible with ours

build a wall to keep the old people out and make them pay for it

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Just lol at anyone acting like Britain leeching leaving the EU is going to dismantle it. This is the death knell of Britain being a global entity. May as well be Albania.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Earwicker posted:

if you are a musician they are a huge pain in the rear end

well stop being that and you'll be ok

pretty much you'd better just be traveling alone and with hand luggage. if you're hauling stuff with you the non-budget airlines work out cheaper and aren't so uncomfortable to sit in after a couple hours.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Rutibex posted:

Not to mention other flaws such as linking multiple countries to a single currency.

It's basically trying to make the Articles of Confederation concept work.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Earwicker posted:

if you are a musician animal, vegetable or mineral they are a huge pain in the rear end

fixed it for you

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Christ these people are thick

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

jiggerypokery posted:

fixed it for you

nah im sure if you are one person travelling with nothing other than a small bit of luggage or whatever its fine. i do enjoy how they start selling scratch off tickets and junk food like 15 seconds after takeoff.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
is it time for british empire 2: electric boogaloo?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

corpuscollossus posted:

Christ these people are thick

What did it say? Like pretty much every tweet in this thread it's been deleted already.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
E:wrong thread

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

are these books as funny as the covers because god drat

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

so how many "wrong thinkers" have you dd / bring back lf posters have you converted on this epic politics thread yet?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

EL BROMANCE posted:

What did it say? Like pretty much every tweet in this thread it's been deleted already.

"When the Daily Mail comments section of leave voters are concerned you know we're well and truly hosed."

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Daily Mail comments section with about 10 people in a row saying 'we voted wif open hearts but it looks like they weren't scaremongering' and 'what about my holiday home in france, will I need a visa now??'

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

too bad, fuckos

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

What article is that from?

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD

Gianthogweed posted:

I'm not a leave supporter (I live in the US so my opinion doesn't matter anyway), but the meltdown in D&D is glorious. They're saying stuff like: "Old people should not be allowed to vote" "there should be tests you have to pass in order to vote" "The working class needs to stop being racist fuckwits and return to the more tolerant left". :roflolmao:

To be fair, the meltdown is far from limited to D&D. The resentment is widespread among Londoners and more broadly younger voters across the country. There has for a while been some resentment towards the older generation, as it is often perceived their reckless finances of the 80s and 90s has caused today's younger generation to grow up in a world of debt, where buying a house is nigh on impossible for anyone but the richest, with the older generation having seen their assets multiplied hugely and with gold-plated pensions often backed by the taxpayer. It is now this same older generation that, based on long-entrenched anti-EU prejudices, have voted for a future that disadvantages the younger generation while likely having little effect on them.

There is similar resentment towards those Leave votes who did it for the immigration. It is clear that there are plenty of Leave voters who did so based on views that the economy would be better off outside of the EU. These voters I respect. But there is a large chunk of Leave voters who did it as they have been brought up to blame their life's problems on the EU and immigrants, and others who fell hook, line and sinker for the "take back control" argument which has no real basis in reality.

This comment from the Financial Times website sums up the feelings very articulately.

http://imgur.com/kIhnUFd

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
multi-homeowners getting hosed is just additional good news imo

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

chaosbreather posted:

"When the Daily Mail comments section of leave voters are concerned you know we're well and truly hosed."

Hahahah it's almost worth losing to see everyone who thought they won eat so much poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

are these books as funny as the covers because god drat

don't know, but they probably are not, because the covers so drat good

• Locked thread