Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
Jestuh
Jestuh
LocationCEO of Gazillion
Cosmic
2:07PM
Look every time there's a new DR trial, there's a new exploit. Use zig. Use Blade. Use DP. Do whatever to work around the actual challenge of the mission.

If you just want us to exploit the situation, that's fine. I don't agree with it but whatever.

But if you actually want to level the playing field a bit, make omegas not count. As long as they count, you're cherry picking your top 10% finishers.

I is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Is there some exploit that makes DP particularly good against him or is it just that DP is good?

edit: apparently it's the sheer number of flat percent crit chance boosted stuff. And the guaranteed crit skill.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 25, 2016

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

The Moon Monster posted:

I tried gearing up Magento because he's a cool character with cool moves and here's my scientific opinion:

Mobility: C
Single Target Damage: C
Survivability: D+
AoE: A+
Orb Picking Up: A+
Sig: A+++
Default Costume: F what is this poo poo
Ult: Looks awesome but isn't actually very good

His sig is as good as a lot of characters' ults and elevates him to playable status.

Hmmm... sounds like a character I'd enjoy then. Thanks!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Is the login screen supposed to be characters standing in a featureless void with 5 feet of draw distance and if not then what the gently caress did I break

edit: also whats the eta on my fetish emma costume tia.

3 years ago?

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.
One more yellowmans to go until I have done them all. ICR has swore a blood oath that I'll be a SG cop when I complete this journey

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

spazzhole posted:

One more yellowmans to go until I have done them all. ICR has swore a blood oath that I'll be a SG cop when I complete this journey

I hope you realize part of the journey is photographing yourself enjoying a Wawa hoagie in public.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

spazzhole posted:

Do it! I saw you only have 60 levels to go. May I ask, who is your last one to go?

I'd also love if you could post maybe your top 5 favorite levelers and bottom 5 levelers too since you're the most recent guy to have every char Yellow 60. That'd be a sweet brief write-up.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Depending on who your last man out is, you have my support you loving lunatic

As a future SG cop I hope you've already got your uniform (a rocket raccoon t shirt, boxers, and no less than three Funko pop figures on your desk staring into your soul).

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
You ain't a real man until you've created a 4D virtual reality experience of yourself eating a horrible food item as fast as you freaking can. Cosmicing everyone is child's play.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Gibbering Madness posted:

You ain't a real man until you've created a 4D virtual reality experience of yourself eating a horrible food item as fast as you freaking can. Cosmicing everyone is child's play.

I'm waiting for "Ryolnir eating chili dogs" to be released on the vive

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
genre: body horror

Leldorion
Jan 26, 2007

HebrewMagic posted:

Someone in SG chat was heartbroken to discover Lucky was a pet and not a team up

What's pizza dog's Sig, team, don't let me down

Better question, what's his rogue steal

It's the same as dominos, duh.

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.
I recently built a computer for my GF, with some oldish parts I had laying around. Intel Core 2 Quad Q 6950 @ 3 GHz, 8 GB of RAM, a Radeon R7 360 with 2 GB of RAM and found that the game runs like moldy rear end. Seriously, I get lag at the main menu, lag during the tutorial, mouse lags. I don't remember the game running this badly since I last played. Any advice?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

jujojoh posted:

Jestuh
Jestuh
LocationCEO of Gazillion
Cosmic
2:07PM
Look every time there's a new DR trial, there's a new exploit. Use zig. Use Blade. Use DP. Do whatever to work around the actual challenge of the mission.

If you just want us to exploit the situation, that's fine. I don't agree with it but whatever.

But if you actually want to level the playing field a bit, make omegas not count. As long as they count, you're cherry picking your top 10% finishers.

I is bad.

hes right tho

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Wait there's an exploit to killing cable

I spent 9 loving minutes whittling him down as Colossus and you're telling me there's an easier way

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

HebrewMagic posted:

Wait there's an exploit to killing cable

I spent 9 loving minutes whittling him down as Colossus and you're telling me there's an easier way

Where do you fight cable?

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
New Danger Room tournament.

Do it with ranged Deadpool. Easy as pie.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

I put up my ranged Deadpool build that got me 2:06 in cosmic and 1:19 in epic, 2nd and 4th place: http://marvelheroes.info/build/44717/

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Lozareth posted:

I put up my ranged Deadpool build that got me 2:06 in cosmic and 1:19 in epic, 2nd and 4th place: http://marvelheroes.info/build/44717/

5/5 Amadeus Cho?

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Do it! I saw you only have 60 levels to go. May I ask, who is your last one to go?

I'd also love if you could post maybe your top 5 favorite levelers and bottom 5 levelers too since you're the most recent guy to have every char Yellow 60. That'd be a sweet brief write-up.

Last one is Squirrel Girl. The hardest five were Nightcrawler, Human Torch, Emma (pre-rework), Cyclops, and maybe Loki? I've been yellowmanning for the last year or so I forget who were the easiest. Doctor Doom, Scarlet Witch, and Silver Surfer were the easiest ones off the top of my head

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jedit posted:

5/5 Amadeus Cho?

:eyepop:

I assume that's some sort of bizarre theorycrafting artifact

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jun 26, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TerryLennox posted:

I recently built a computer for my GF, with some oldish parts I had laying around. Intel Core 2 Quad Q 6950 @ 3 GHz, 8 GB of RAM, a Radeon R7 360 with 2 GB of RAM and found that the game runs like moldy rear end. Seriously, I get lag at the main menu, lag during the tutorial, mouse lags. I don't remember the game running this badly since I last played. Any advice?

It's a UE3 game so turn up all the settings to make it run better because lol

Is this the only game that runs like rear end? Maybe you messed up your hardware install somehow.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
What's the most fun Ghost Rider build to play?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

McSpanky posted:

:eyepop:

I assume that's some sort of bizarre theorycrafting artifact

No, I figured it out once I looked at the scenario. It has Test of Brutality, so BR is irrelevant and CR is huge.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jedit posted:

No, I figured it out once I looked at the scenario. It has Test of Brutality, so BR is irrelevant and CR is huge.

Aha, Loz you sly dog.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Looking for a reinvite, discord was not helpful in this endeavor. Also named Blacula in game.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Blacula posted:

Looking for a reinvite, discord was not helpful in this endeavor. Also named Blacula in game.

Get online, I'll see if I can figure it out.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Hey all, I've been gone for a long while and just now finally got enough Cosmic Worldstones to afford a Power Cosmic.

Is it worth picking up anymore? I'm noticing that pretty much none of the builds in the endgame list use it.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Hey all, I've been gone for a long while and just now finally got enough Cosmic Worldstones to afford a Power Cosmic.

Is it worth picking up anymore? I'm noticing that pretty much none of the builds in the endgame list use it.

The thing here is that the other legendaries all have really powerful ilvl80 versions that you can only get after grinding out Genosha rep and spending 1000 Odin marks per. Compared to the regular ilvl70, 300 Odin mark items from Asgard it's still very good.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Mover posted:

The thing here is that the other legendaries all have really powerful ilvl80 versions that you can only get after grinding out Genosha rep and spending 1000 Odin marks per. Compared to the regular ilvl70, 300 Odin mark items from Asgard it's still very good.

So it's good as a holdover until I can get that character's i80? I suppose that makes sense, but I'm not sure it really justifies the cost to me. I remember it used to be one of the big super items back in the day is all.

Thanks anyways. I'm going to hold onto my stones and see if I even have any characters who would benefit from it. Maybe Rogue?

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

If you're planning to eventually go l80, you might as well use a l70 gungir or m'kraan because you can get your odin marks back through the crafter. You can't with the Power Cosmic

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jedit posted:

Get online, I'll see if I can figure it out.

All you gotta do is invite him even if he isn't logged in. He will see the invite when he logs in. :)

Newer change that happened.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

spazzhole posted:

If you're planning to eventually go l80, you might as well use a l70 gungir or m'kraan because you can get your odin marks back through the crafter. You can't with the Power Cosmic

Plus you want one or maybe two ectoplasm artifacts for cable and someone else I've forgotten, and infinity doop runes, so there are way better purchases

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

spazzhole posted:

Last one is Squirrel Girl. The hardest five were Nightcrawler, Human Torch, Emma (pre-rework), Cyclops, and maybe Loki? I've been yellowmanning for the last year or so I forget who were the easiest. Doctor Doom, Scarlet Witch, and Silver Surfer were the easiest ones off the top of my head

Squirrel Girl, eh? Is she already red 60/yellow 1, or do you have to do the whole ride up?

Speaking of cosmic, iod bought me Green Goblin last night and told me "now you gotta cosmic him". With dialogue this good? I almost never want to stop leveling him. He's on the shortlist for peeps I'm readying for yellowmanning.

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

HebrewMagic posted:

Squirrel Girl, eh? Is she already red 60/yellow 1, or do you have to do the whole ride up?

Speaking of cosmic, iod bought me Green Goblin last night and told me "now you gotta cosmic him". With dialogue this good? I almost never want to stop leveling him. He's on the shortlist for peeps I'm readying for yellowmanning.

Red 60, but I whaled her to Yellow 60 in a few hours this morning. I have all the yellowmans now. ICR, give me my badge

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

spazzhole posted:

Red 60, but I whaled her to Yellow 60 in a few hours this morning. I have all the yellowmans now. ICR, give me my badge

:patriot: I love you

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

HebrewMagic posted:

Mark Hamill is a national treasure.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

IS HE VOICED BY MARK HAMILL OH poo poo

Edit: I can't find anywhere that lists up to date voice actors for this game if you're loving with me I'll tell gaz to take away your movement powers

HebrewMagic fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 26, 2016

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008

HebrewMagic posted:

IS HE VOICED BY MARK HAMILL OH poo poo

Edit: I can't find anywhere that lists up to date voice actors for this game if you're loving with me I'll tell gaz to take away your movement powers

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/Marvel-Heroes/Green-Goblin/

Interesting fact: Tara Strong has 3 more credits to her name (777) than Steve "The Voice" Blum (774). Opening either of their credits list will explode your computer into a fine red mist.

Mikemo Tyson fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
So I just beat LOKI. IS that the last boss?

Also question about post-game content: A screen popped up after I beat LOKI explaining post-game stuff, but it was all jacked up and impossible to read. Can someone explain this in brief? It mention having to be level 10/20/etc but Im level 52, so im assuming its talking about something else.

• Locked thread