Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hammerite posted:

lol "please treat us like children, we're so coddled that we didn't realise our voting choices would have consequences"

It took the interviewer all day to find the attractive woman in the beginning of the video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

corpuscollossus posted:

This is Boris celebrating:

He betrayed his friendship with David Cameron and destroyed his political career ... for his own political career. Not to :qq: for Cameron because whatever, but that's guilt you're seeing.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Looks like panic to me. I honestly don't think he'd fully appreciated the smell of his own farts until the result came in.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
Cameron or Blair ???

Who made the biggest doo-doo ?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Danger Mahoney posted:

Kind of weird to see the "18-24 age group voted to remain so that's all that should matter" and "these infants will live with this decision longer" talking points immediately disseminated and parroted by all the usual suspects. I mean like at the exact same time. Strange.

It's hilarious because for possibly the most important election in their lives more than half couldn't be assed to go vote. This is what happens when you don't care. Someone else makes the decision for you.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Gonna lol when everything is back to normal in the UK in a few months. Brexit baby Brexit!!!

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Ivor Biggun posted:

All Boris wanted to do was become the PM, now he's worried that tanking the economy to get there might have been a step too far.

geert Wilders

Boris Johnson

Donald trump

We are being invaded by lizard people who also happen to be giant assholes who couldn't even get the skin part right

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

natetimm posted:

It's hilarious because for possibly the most important election in their lives more than half couldn't be assed to go vote. This is what happens when you don't care. Someone else makes the decision for you.

A lot of those young people probably made passionate social media posts about the issue ! That doesn't count for nothing to you ?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Decebal posted:

A lot of those young people probably made passionate social media posts about the issue ! That doesn't count for nothing to you ?

It was so important only 35 million votes got cast.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
is it safe to say that if they revoted today they'd vote to remain pretty handily?

Grandma Panic!
Nov 4, 2006

wit posted:

Not that it matters but I am one of the 2 million plus people who have signed.

I signed too and i'm not even British. I think anyone anywhere can sign it.

That 2 million is meaningless lol

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Danger Mahoney posted:

Kind of weird to see the "18-24 age group voted to remain so that's all that should matter" and "these infants will live with this decision longer" talking points immediately disseminated and parroted by all the usual suspects. I mean like at the exact same time. Strange.
This is the twitter era. Ideas can spread very, very quickly.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Eonwe posted:

is it safe to say that if they revoted today they'd vote to remain pretty handily?

Yeah, pretty sure we would, lol

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

:how:

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Decebal posted:

So Scotland want's to vote again to break away from England ? Didn't they just have a Referendum ?

So now we're just going to keep voting until the "right" result occurs ?
It wouldn't make sense to have another referendum on Scotland if nothing had changed, but this is a pretty big deal. Remember that one of the major points of the Better Together campaign was that an independent Scotland's future in the EU would be in jeopardy.

I don't think you could justify another EU referendum however.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

My guess is both Johnson and Cameron banked on remain, so Tories could basically court both voting blocks. It didn't work out.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Danger Mahoney posted:

Yeah it's not like the olds have more living experience and might know more of what it's like to live through fascist regimes. gently caress them they're all racists. They shouldn't vote.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

corpuscollossus posted:

Looks like panic to me. I honestly don't think he'd fully appreciated the smell of his own farts until the result came in.

That speech is interesting because he's totally conciliatory toward the Remain faction but never once celebrates Leave and any time he does mention it, he brings up the Brexit will take time and UK should not rush it and be hasty about it. It's like he's giving a concession speech.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
texit related: is there literally any factor in texas leaving the US that wouldn't improve the US dramatically at the expense of our worst citizens?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Heath posted:

texit related: is there literally any factor in texas leaving the US that wouldn't improve the US dramatically at the expense of our worst citizens?

A shitload of oil and gulf coast fisheries.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Heath posted:

It produces a third or half or something of our domestic oil, I think.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Gianthogweed posted:

Yeah it's not like the olds have more living experience and might know more of what it's like to live through fascist regimes. gently caress them they're all racists. They shouldn't vote.

'I have serious concerns about the EU being a conduit for Fascist infiltration of Britain': no brexiter ever

'loving FOREIGNERS!': There we go.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Strudel Man posted:

It produces a third or half or something of our domestic oil, I think.

sounds like a pretty small price to pay :shrug:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
So it turns out England was the South Carolina of the UK all along

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

thathonkey posted:

sounds like a pretty small price to pay :shrug:
More importantly, though, the southern border would look weird without it.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
PS, im in Austin, Texas and nobody outside of Bumfucktown and Hangbrowns county or wherever takes "Texit" as a serious thing and not just some poo poo our suckafuck governor has stuck in his rear end

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
Britain was like - Hey EU check this out" and Brexitted all over their faces

i love it

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Heath posted:

Plenty. Mostly defense-related, since Texas Instruments, Bell Helicopter, and that big nuclear weapons plant Pantex are located there. And while Lockheed Martin and Raytheon might be headquartered in Maryland and Massachusetts, they have major plants throughout the state. I'd imagine the Department of Defense would rather keep all that without having to renegotiate for parts for the armed forces and the State Department would like to keep them inside the US for ITAR and EAR reasons.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

khwarezm posted:

'I have serious concerns about the EU being a conduit for Fascist infiltration of Britain': no brexiter ever

'loving FOREIGNERS!': There we go.

I just can't believe the remainers lost with this attitude. Maybe next time double down on crying racist; you probably didn't do it hard enough this time.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

OctaviusBeaver posted:

We know England can exist independently as an actual country. The last time Scotland tried that they bankrupted themselves and had to beg to be annexed.

I would say that citing ancient history is not useful to make a case for how a modern nation would fare. right now i would say england is loving worthless without scotland, hth

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Heath posted:

Well it's the second most important state economically, just behind California. Also it controls the large majority of oil discoveries (by barrel) in the US. So no, Texas leaving would p much tank the US economy overnight.

Then again it's one of the two States that could survive completely on its own, being a net exporter of both goods and services. So it's one of the like half dozen states that could secede and do just fine, difference being an independent Texas (or California) would be possible while the others would rely heavily on assistance.

Of course the whole conversation is stupid because Texans like being in the U.S. and the only people who bring up secession are literally insane and there are probably less than a thousand of them in the whole state.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Gianthogweed posted:

hahahaahaha

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Yeah, same

objects in mirror
Apr 9, 2016

by Shine
Americans should engage in more UK bashing in general imo and teach those nigels just because they think we like them for being America's lieutenant all the time we haven't forgotten war of 1812.

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014
"Now, before I talk about the economic implications of our country leaving the EU, let me just say that everyone who votes Leave is a racist nazi who should be shunned and exiled and fed to the dogs."

I wonder why people didn't continue listening to Remainers, after an opening like that.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Danger Mahoney posted:

Well it's the second most important state economically, just behind California. Also it controls the large majority of oil discoveries (by barrel) in the US. So no, Texas leaving would p much tank the US economy overnight.

Then again it's one of the two States that could survive completely on its own, being a net exporter of both goods and services. So it's one of the like half dozen states that could secede and do just fine, difference being an independent Texas (or California) would be possible while the others would rely heavily on assistance.

Of course the whole conversation is stupid because Texans like being in the U.S. and the only people who bring up secession are literally insane and there are probably less than a thousand of them in the whole state.

Let the Texans have the soil, we just need what's under it. Long live the Republic of California.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Germstore posted:

I just can't believe the remainers lost with this attitude. Maybe next time double down on crying racist; you probably didn't do it hard enough this time.

(notracist)

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014

khwarezm posted:

(notracist)

How dare you not want more islamic terrorism in your country. What a lack of solidarity, Brits.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

Velkest posted:

How dare you not want more islamic terrorism in your country. What a lack of solidarity, Brits.

Saying old people shouldn't be allowed to vote is fine though, no problems in the leftist camp no sir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
'I might hate the Muslims but at least I'm not ageist!'

• Locked thread