Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Just leave the arm as-is and sprinkle the heroin on the surface, it'll hit enough exposed blood vessels to count as injected

E: oh, it scabbed up and some new skin is forming? Don't worry, just do a little wiggle and your problem is solved!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Loving the posts about intelligent crows.

Have one

http://i.imgur.com/8RyLHjS.gifv

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Why is that one boar an aardvark?

It's a boaardvark, commonly found down by the sea.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

His Divine Shadow posted:

It's a boaardvark, commonly found down by the sea.

:golfclap:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
E: nevermind.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Yeah, RIP.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

What the hell happened?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
My guess is the truck was at an angle and he was only trying to lift it a little, but the control got stuck or stopped responding which eventually pushed the center of gravity too high and too far to the side

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

MG3 posted:

What the hell happened?

He's dumping gravel or some fine material that flows, and it all shifted to that side. Probably because either the truck wasn't level or it was loaded improperly. It was probably loaded with a front end loader, and those guys can't really see how the load is building up in the truck. If they're inexperienced they can very easily load the truck off center, which can lead to hilariously terrifing experiences like the one you see there.

This is another good example of sudden weight shift due to improper loading:

Sammus fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jun 26, 2016

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Sammus posted:

He's dumping gravel or some fine material that flows, and it all shifted to that side. Probably because either the truck wasn't level or it was loaded improperly. It was probably loaded with a front end loader, and those guys can't really see how the load is building up in the truck. If they're inexperienced they can very easily load the truck off center, which can lead to hilariously terrifing experiences like the one you see there.

This is another good example of sudden weight shift due to improper loading:

drat that's terrible. I thought maybe he was trying to dump it and the gate didn't open in the back, but then I couldn't figure out why it would tip over if that was the case.

An unbalanced load makes way more sense.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Decrepus posted:

Yeah, RIP.

Yes, RIP that poor cab, it didn't deserve this. The driver escapes and runs away tho.

BernieLomax
May 29, 2002

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yes, RIP that poor cab, it didn't deserve this. The driver escapes and runs away tho.

Found other sources where it is clear the person on the back is not the operator. People return in order to try opening the cabin in what looks like a failed rescue operation. Couldn't find any good sources, but it really looks like a fatal accident.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

BernieLomax posted:

Found other sources where it is clear the person on the back is not the operator. People return in order to try opening the cabin in what looks like a failed rescue operation. Couldn't find any good sources, but it really looks like a fatal accident.

Did you meet with Deep Throat in the parking garage motherfucker? Who are these sources

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Came across these two trolleys getting crushed by a panamax container ship while looking up the new locks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALVF3BlZV8I&t=86s

Looks like the guy that bails has a helmet on so everything's cool though.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

This was the most boring "Crash" video I've ever seen.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Onkel Hedwig posted:

Loving the posts about intelligent crows.

Have one

http://i.imgur.com/8RyLHjS.gifv

Those are magpies

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/WsKRdz0.mp4

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3657633/Floods-turns-Chinese-shopping-centre-gushing-river.html

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
better stand around in this flooded area that's full of electrical outlets/wires/lights/etc yup seems like a great idea

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Robo Reagan posted:

better stand around in this flooded area that's full of electrical outlets/wires/lights/etc yup seems like a great idea

Can't knock off early without prior permission from your manager. NO EXCEPTIONS! :colbert:

BernieLomax
May 29, 2002

Buca di Bepis posted:

Did you meet with Deep Throat in the parking garage motherfucker? Who are these sources

Google. Terrible youtube knockoffs that I don't want to link.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Robo Reagan posted:

Would you like to try to exit by the door where the water is rushing in, or the door where the water is rushing out? :getin:

I don't know what I'd do in that situation. The current is going to be strongest near any open doors. I guess I could try to get up on a sturdy piece of furniture in an area of low current and hope the furniture is strong enough to resist the water, but who knows how well a random counter or whatever is going to be bolted to the floor? Once you commit to an island you're left hoping the water level doesn't rise high enough in the store to drown you, because IIRC most Chinese people don't know how to swim. Ideally you want to get to higher ground, but that means finding a staircase without having to pass through any high current strength areas. And at any moment the electricity could cut out, leaving you to try to figure it out in the dark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRWIfCpxNK4&t=114s

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Referencing my experience with floods, both sustained and flash, I would say your best bet is to get against a wall facing downstream; debris can crush you against immobile objects if you're on the upstream side.

Get out of the water -- try to work towards up, not outside; staying out of the water is better than getting outside, unless there's a danger of being submerged or the structure collapsing -- and even in the event of a flood being bad enough to take out a building, you will likely be swept rapidly down stream.

If you are swept away, stay calm, keep your head above water, and gently work your way to the banks or to a solid structure that can support your full weight. DO NOT touch the bottom if you're swept away -- you can trip on poo poo under water, get entangled, impaled, or even just step into a hole you can't see. If you have to walk in flood waters, use a stick to feel out in front of you.

Basically to avoid being a flood casualty the best advice is stay high and dry if possible, otherwise work towards that goal at any cost.

http://www.almanac.com/content/flood-safety-and-survival-tips

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Wasabi the J posted:

Referencing my experience with floods, both sustained and flash, I would say your best bet is to get against a wall facing downstream; debris can crush you against immobile objects if you're on the upstream side.

Get out of the water -- try to work towards up, not outside; staying out of the water is better than getting outside, unless there's a danger of being submerged or the structure collapsing -- and even in the event of a flood being bad enough to take out a building, you will likely be swept rapidly down stream.

If you are swept away, stay calm, keep your head above water, and gently work your way to the banks or to a solid structure that can support your full weight. DO NOT touch the bottom if you're swept away -- you can trip on poo poo under water, get entangled, impaled, or even just step into a hole you can't see. If you have to walk in flood waters, use a stick to feel out in front of you.

Basically to avoid being a flood casualty the best advice is stay high and dry if possible, otherwise work towards that goal at any cost.

Cool tips, thanks.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
stop, drop and roll

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Yell really loud, "I don't know you! That's my purse!" and kick the flood in the balls.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

the ubiquity of "stop, drop, and roll" as a kid made me think that getting set on fire was a lot more common than it is

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Wasabi the J posted:

One thing I learned the almost hard way (i.e. nearly getting swept over a waterfall); the less of you in moving water, the less the water has to push against you. When crossing a river above some falls as a kid, your initial instinct when walking on slippery rocks is to get low. This is a very bad idea because the fast water that harmlessly passes around your legs will push your body with the current. Thankfully I connected with the rocks at the top of the falls instead of the bottom.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

stillvisions posted:

One thing I learned the almost hard way (i.e. nearly getting swept over a waterfall); the less of you in moving water, the less the water has to push against you. When crossing a river above some falls as a kid, your initial instinct when walking on slippery rocks is to get low. This is a very bad idea because the fast water that harmlessly passes around your legs will push your body with the current. Thankfully I connected with the rocks at the top of the falls instead of the bottom.

To the SA forums misfortune.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BattleMaster posted:

the ubiquity of "stop, drop, and roll" as a kid made me think that getting set on fire was a lot more common than it is

:agreed:

if I ever find myself engulfed in flame, I'm going to be a bit more concerned with extricating myself from a car accident/collapsed building

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

BattleMaster posted:

Catchy as gently caress theme song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K7GfwolQWE

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I have to imagine stop drop and roll is more useful to have drilled into your head without electricity.

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

FIRST TIME posted:

Yell really loud, "I don't know you! That's my purse!" and kick the flood in the balls.

Duck and Cover!!!

https://youtu.be/_6ZFkmloarg

Max Hammer fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 29, 2016

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

BattleMaster posted:

Apparently everything people wore in the 50s was super flammable, think of all the new polyester clothes that had just been invented. Couple that with zero safety standards and you pretty much get spontaneous combustion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt7WHdYOtso

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Sammus posted:

Apparently everything people wore in the 50s was super flammable,

And HOW! Check out these comfy polyester (might be cotton/poly blend) work clothes:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f0LZe2lWt9w

"Droplets of molten metal are hitting the camera 20 feet away..."

What's really bad is if you are wearing a non-arc rated face shield. You are knocked over. Your face shield melts. When the face shield is pulled off your face may also come off with the shield.

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jun 29, 2016

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

BattleMaster posted:

The amount of youtubes where idiots some how catch on fire and their reaction is to jump around and run as fast as they can proves this just wasn't drilled into our heads quite enough :(

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

featuring Gilbert Gottfried as the smoke detector

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
From pyf schadenfreude thread.

http://i.imgur.com/VobANnv.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

an AOL chatroom posted:

featuring Gilbert Gottfried as the smoke detector

Super effective since I would run out of the house to get away from his voice.