Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Update: Threw dog in the Atlantic while sipping Old Grand-Dad out of a stainless mug. Is good. ME has a 15 cent bottle refund so I'm going to have to be responsible and empty it before leaving to get the most money back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

bees everywhere posted:

Evan Williams is my go-to for having a nice glass on the rocks in the evening. Jim Beam is ok in a pinch when you're at a bar or restaurant, since you'll normally never see Evan Williams outside of a liquor store.

It's not cheap but also try Knob Creek if you've never had it before. IMO Bulleit bourbon is overpriced but their rye whiskey is good and the bottles look cool I guess.

Knob Creek is definitely my favorite all over Whiskey. Tastes amazing, doesn't cost and arm and a leg, 100 proof.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Butch Cassidy posted:

Update: Threw dog in the Atlantic while sipping Old Grand-Dad out of a stainless mug. Is good. ME has a 15 cent bottle refund so I'm going to have to be responsible and empty it before leaving to get the most money back.

that poor dog

Jimby Nougats
May 6, 2009

Evan Williams or if you want a real "looks cool to your girlfriend and parents" one get some Old Granddad. Bonded in blood to impress bartenders.

If you want some blended stuff to make love to your sweety or put in a flask, Canadian Club can work, but really. Evan Williams if you're not a scum is fine

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

MLIOOBE posted:

Bonded in blood

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

I am sitting on a water tower with a pint of Turkey 101. There is sufficient breeze to keep the mosquitos at bay. I am observing a bustling metropolis of six thousand people below me.

My life resembles a John Mellencamp song. lovely, but comfortingly familiar.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Thelonious posted:

I am sitting on a water tower with a pint of Turkey 101. There is sufficient breeze to keep the mosquitos at bay. I am observing a bustling metropolis of six thousand people below me.

My life resembles a John Mellencamp song. lovely, but comfortingly familiar.

that is a little town fella.

you aren't a city boy

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Butch Cassidy posted:

Was the dog throwing related to the OGD consumption, or is that just a local custom in Maine? Either way it sounds like a blast, going to dig into a tumbler of Redemption Rye, which is not cheap, but I'm an adult so it's ok.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

The wind has claimed my Detroit tigers baseball cap as its own. Prospects for its recovery are grim. The clouds have darkened and are threatening rain.

Combined with an ever dwindling pint, I fear my current location may become untenable. I may have to retreat two hundred yards downhill to the safety of home and the whiskey it contains.

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Thelonious posted:

The wind has claimed my Detroit tigers baseball cap as its own. Prospects for its recovery are grim. The clouds have darkened and are threatening rain.

Combined with an ever dwindling pint, I fear my current location may become untenable. I may have to retreat two hundred yards downhill to the safety of home and the whiskey it contains.

You've brought a tear to my eye

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
100 proof to knock your socks off and ever pretend to have taste buds.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
bought a bottle of evan williams bonded today will report back

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

TenementFunster posted:

bought a bottle of evan williams bonded today will report back

You're gonna like it.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

I've relinquished my position on the water tower. I am in a lawn chair in my driveway with the garage door open, the jukebox inside is currently playing "Ace of Spades" by O.V. Wright. I am debating whether I should stay home or join some friends at one of the eleven different bars in a town of barely six thousand people. I believe I may pour another drink and further ponder my options.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
i have access to 200 proof at my job, so i just drink that

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Anyone still drink everclear? I was trying to explain to someone in California and found out can't be sold in lot of states

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Wild Irish Rose?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
I'm having a bottle of wine tonight.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Clitch posted:

I'm having a bottle of wine tonight.

Three-Phase posted:

Wild Irish Rose?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Nah. Some mid-range Zinfandel I'm not too crazy about. It's a nice, mellow drunk, though.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I'm having a 59 cent 100 mil bottle of calypso spiced rum mixed with orange tang. :)

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Mr Williams is my friend

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What do you do with bourbon? What is bourbon? Is it whisky but like single malt or aged in a toilet or its whisky but from Kentucky? How do you drink it? rocks? neat? Can i drink it with ice and diet pepsi?

I really need to know because I ran out of rum an hour ago and I got this bottle of bourbon and I need to drink something because gently caress if I want to start sobering up before I go to bed in 2 hours.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Also if it matters this is Kirkland Bourbon. If regular bourbon is aged in an oak cask, is Kirckland bourbon aged in a plastic above ground swimming pool? Is it made from frozen packages of corn instead of regular corn? Help. I NEED help.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Mix it with some ginger ale and bitters or just shut the gently caress up and drink it straight. Ice optional.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Enema that poo poo

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Suck a big fat dick and drink it straight.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The French Army! posted:

Mix it with some ginger ale and bitters or just shut the gently caress up and drink it straight. Ice optional.

You think someone that runs out of Bacardi has ginger ale and bitters just laying around? And I'm not drinking it straight, it tastes like poo poo.

VendaGoat posted:

Suck a big fat dick

The only one around is mine and I'm not that flexible.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Crisis averted, though. Kirkland bourbon and diet pepsi is fine.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Not even regular cola lol.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I mean, it tastes like poo poo compared to rum, but I can gag it down.

I don't have any ginger ale but I do have ginger beer. Waiting to hear back if there might be bitters somewhere in the house and then I'll try and make your fancy ginger bourbon drink.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Bitters are basic equipment for any dedicated drinker dude. I'm not sure how good a substitute ginger beer is for ginger ale in a whiskey ginger but I bet you could make it work in a pinch. God speed drunk goon.

Pro tip Walmart sells bitters for hella cheap.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Drink Fireball. The cinnamon covers up the cheap whiskey they use for it.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Don't ever drink Fireball.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The French Army! posted:

Don't ever drink Fireball.

:agreed:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The French Army! posted:

Bitters are basic equipment for any dedicated drinker dude. I'm not sure how good a substitute ginger beer is for ginger ale in a whiskey ginger but I bet you could make it work in a pinch. God speed drunk goon.

Pro tip Walmart sells bitters for hella cheap.

Found the bitters. Ginger beer has gotta be better than ginger ale, right? Same stuff but some alcohol in it. Ginger beer kicks balls in something like a Dark and Stormy or a Moscow Mule.

What are good proportions for a ginger bourbon concoction?

e:

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 26, 2016

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

FrankieGoes posted:

Found the bitters. Ginger beer has gotta be better than ginger ale, right? Same stuff but some alcohol in it. Ginger beer kicks balls in something like a Dark and Stormy or a Moscow Mule.

What are good proportions for a ginger bourbon concoction?

e:

in any rocks glass, over ice:
1.5-2.0oz whiskey
1-2 dashes bitters
fill with ginger beer
sugar/simple syrup, to taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Clitch posted: