Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm still hoping for "hilarious anticlimax where Allison turns Juggernaut Star into ash," although that doesn't really lead up to a twenty-page action scene.

There's still the Pursuers here as well. That plus the angels will probably make for a lot of chaos, even if Allison ends some of them prematurely.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jun 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Well, I wouldn't expect Allison to become a Zoss-tier badass yet, so Juggs is probably fine provided he doesn't go full retard. But I could see her cleaving a few of those chumps pursuing her in half.

Also, did some re-reads of a few panels. Things of note:
1. Zoss is badass enough that he retains corporeal form in the Void when he went to kill all the Primes.
2. Mammon's home base is called Yre, which is what Ire was spelled like back in the olden times. I'm beginning to think that Mammon really lives up to his name as the Grand Dragon and is basically a slavering, near-mindless beast that does nothing but wallow in his horde. Would be a real kick in the nuts for everyone his followers has pillaged and taxed to learn that he does absolutely gently caress-all with the money.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

Well, I wouldn't expect Allison to become a Zoss-tier badass yet, so Juggs is probably fine provided he doesn't go full retard. But I could see her cleaving a few of those chumps pursuing her in half.

Also, did some re-reads of a few panels. Things of note:
1. Zoss is badass enough that he retains corporeal form in the Void when he went to kill all the Primes.
2. Mammon's home base is called Yre, which is what Ire was spelled like back in the olden times. I'm beginning to think that Mammon really lives up to his name as the Grand Dragon and is basically a slavering, near-mindless beast that does nothing but wallow in his horde. Would be a real kick in the nuts for everyone his followers has pillaged and taxed to learn that he does absolutely gently caress-all with the money.

Alternatively, he's just called the Grand Dragon because he hates black people.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

paragon1 posted:

So you're saying she'd hit him with Creation Itself twice. :v:

Or she already did, the truest lie.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

SunAndSpring posted:

I think that's quite likely, because that's very much in line with the classical portrayal of greed, just as Mottom's actions were in line with the classical portrayal of gluttony.

Traditionally, the sin of greed isn't just about desiring or acquiring wealth, but of refusing to spend it when it's proper to do so. A good example is A Christmas Carol's Ebenezer Scrooge, who even though he has a surfeit of money, prefers to suffer the cold rather than pay to heat his office. A Mammon that wallows in his horde rather than spending it is very much in line with that. (It would also explain why he's the weakest of the demiurges, he refusal to spend his wealth even harms himself.)

In the same way, gluttony in the classical sense isn't the sin of over eating, but the sin of wasting food and resources. Mottom preparing a feast only not to eat any of it is very much in line with that, as is her living in ostentatiousness but being unable to appreciate it.

Interestingly, the reason greed and gluttony are deadly sins (rather than lesser sins) is that they don't only harm the sinner, but the whole community. Gluttony and greed are bad because they're a failure to use your resources to help others. This seems very much in line with the focus K6BD gives on how the people suffer under each demiurge's rulership.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Alternatively, he's just called the Grand Dragon because he hates black people.

Well, I guess that's why he ditched that meeting: he knew Solomon was going to show up.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

I'm skeptical that this is really Zoss, and Allison choosing to embrace power like this is going to lead to dark places. This whole Mottom thing screams foreshadowing. She's even embracing power via killing the same dude.

this is kill six billion demons, where the proverb goes "absolute power leads to enlightenment" not "absolute power corrupts absolutely"

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

SunAndSpring posted:

Okay but let's be fair, from what we've seen of the political and economic reality of Throne and the outer domains, having your money stuffed under your dragon banker's mattress might be the most financially sound option.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

SexyBlindfold posted:

Okay but let's be fair, from what we've seen of the political and economic reality of Throne and the outer domains, having your money stuffed under your dragon banker's mattress might be the most financially sound option.

How do you expect to collect it however?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I'm picturing Batu Khan wallowing in his golden horde.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Oh my god I just realized Zoss was, right now, the Tuxedo Mask to Alison's Sailor Moon.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

:golfclap:I didn't see it for a second

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

paragon1 posted:

That terrifying moment when they all realize that "Yes. Yes she is in fact stupid enough to do that."

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

As an American, Brexit has been a tremendous, vicarious catharsis. Now we're not the only ones with an incoming political disaster. At least ours has a term limit.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

wiegieman posted:

As an American, Brexit has been a tremendous, vicarious catharsis. Now we're not the only ones with an incoming political disaster. At least ours has a term limit.

Has a term limit, for now.

Emperor Trump has that ring to it, you know?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

I decided to re-teach myself GIMP and made a bunch of different avatars before settling on my current one, might as well share them here?

Bonus:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Has her eyes gone white like that before? :stare:

Gods I am so very tempted to take the thorn knight one with the quote about how human's pour their hearts into something so fragile. (cutting off before the "its hilarious" bit)

You are a monster for the animated one. :colbert: Its pretty funny.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Thyrork posted:

Has her eyes gone white like that before? :stare:

Nope! This is the first time Allison has grasped the Flame Immortal.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Thyrork posted:

Gods I am so very tempted to take the thorn knight one with the quote about how human's pour their hearts into something so fragile. (cutting off before the "its hilarious" bit)

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jun 26, 2016

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The best part of 8 Juggernaut Star's tea monologue is that he clearly doesn't realize that what he's saying also applies to himself.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

this is excellent

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Rand Brittain posted:

The best part of 8 Juggernaut Star's tea monologue is that he clearly doesn't realize that what he's saying also applies to himself.

How so?

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

He finds a being pouring the sum total of its existence into a fragile, meaningless item to be hilarious. He's doing the same on a much grander scale, only instead of spending 60 years working porcelain, he's spending unknown kalpas trying to maintain the Multiverse That Was.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Cryophage posted:

He finds a being pouring the sum total of its existence into a fragile, meaningless item to be hilarious. He's doing the same on a much grander scale, only instead of spending 60 years working porcelain, he's spending unknown kalpas trying to maintain the Multiverse That Was.

And they're all putting all their money down on a prophecy they misread. Watch Jadis be all "guys I use gender neutral pronouns."

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

wiegieman posted:

And they're all putting all their money down on a prophecy they misread. Watch Jadis be all "guys I use gender neutral pronouns."

Behold the prophecy of Jadis, The Witch in Glass:

Who is that boy? He is the successor. The successss...

It's possible that she was trying to say "sucessor's boyfriend". It's also possible that true royalty can say "gently caress prophecy". I guess we'll see.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Huh. On the prophecy tablet, Incubus is obscured by some vassal's pointy hat, but what is visible doesn't look anything like what visited Allison (brown skin and possibly bald head? As opposed to some super pale pretty boy)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Raposa posted:

Has a term limit, for now.

Emperor Trump has that ring to it, you know?

Trumperor

Trumperator

Trumperosaur Rex

idonotlikepeas posted:

Who is that boy? He is the successor. The successss...

It's possible that she was trying to say "sucessor's boyfriend". It's also possible that true royalty can say "gently caress prophecy". I guess we'll see.

Zaid is the Successor, Allison is the Successoress.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jun 26, 2016

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
^^^ One might say that Allison will make Throne great again.

When you cut the world as you please, and cut yourself into greater forms still, conformity to prophecy is probably not only optional, but highly discouraged.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

yeah considering the whole POWER IS THERE ONLY TO THOSE WHO TAKE IT theme the comic is working with prophecies are probably divine bullshit

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Agean90 posted:

yeah considering the whole POWER IS THERE ONLY TO THOSE WHO TAKE IT theme the comic is working with prophecies are probably divine bullshit

Or the lies fulfilled by those who give them stock.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It Is Known that Jadis Is Never Wrong.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Very tempted... What's a good text? "Party like it's the 36th kalpa?"

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Still suspect Maya is an enemy. She's positioned to mirror Jagganoth, and her pose suggests that she might be taking a big swing at our heroes.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

Still suspect Maya is an enemy. She's positioned to mirror Jagganoth, and her pose suggests that she might be taking a big swing at our heroes.

Well, last we saw her she was with the pursuers, perhaps she is one of the 108 following burning stars?

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Cryophage posted:

Ehhhh. Seems to me that a key aspect of Juggernaut Star's viewpoint revolves around humans being mortal, so the stakes are higher for what they spend their lives on. He has forever. Also, what he strives for isn't something fragile, he wants to see the destruction of all fragile, mortal things and a return to the clean, immutable stillness of death that the angels maintained after the gods checked out and left Throne empty.

Which is completely meaningless, granted- but that's about the only similarity between tea and Juggernaut Star's ambition. The parts that he finds hilarious don't really translate.

Cathair fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jun 26, 2016

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Darth Walrus posted:

Abbadon directly referred to her as an antagonist when posting a sketch of Maya soooo yeah.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

MikeJF posted:

It Is Known that Jadis Is Never Wrong.
She's never wrong.

But what if she lied?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

Well, last we saw her she was with the pursuers, perhaps she is one of the 108 following burning stars?

"a hundred or more guests unaccounted for"

:eyepop: how did I not get this