Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Obviously this is pre-alpha or whatever, but Miriam being completely silent is still jarring.

Evil Eagle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb8V4x9cAeI demo video, 720p 60fps

Right now my biggest complaint is the backdash. Being able to infinitely chain them without canceling is just plain wrong. Everything else feels great and I like directional shard mechanic. the enemies are a little ugly but I want to see more.

Hey, Juste could do that!

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

It was useful in OoE because the difficulty was tuned higher than SotN. I used the dash in Symphony, but useful might be a stretch.

Clearly you never learned the majesty of shield dashing to go at light speed.

multijoe posted:

The boss does looks pretty stupid though, I appreciate Castlevania has a proud history of sexy monster ladies but giant titty monster just looks tacky.

Minor complaint though, game looks and feels fantastic. Really glad I stuck in with a last second slacker backer pledge.

It's colours are so garish, it looks unfinished. But I guess they were happy with it.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jun 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Anatharon posted:

Obviously this is pre-alpha or whatever, but Miriam being completely silent is still jarring.

Voice acting is the worst thing to happen to platformers. One of the great aspects of Shovel Knight is the lack of VA.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Renoistic posted:

Voice acting is the worst thing to happen to platformers. One of the great aspects of Shovel Knight is the lack of VA.

Previous Igavanias did it just fine.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Renoistic posted:

You are saying this in the Castlevania thread.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jonathan! Charlotte! Jonathan! Charlotte! Let's talk about Castlevania

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
You can't hit me

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
HOW DARE YOU! EVEN FORGETTING! WHO RAISED YOU! YOU! STUPID DISCIPLE!

Also its a weird thing to say when we've known that Bloodstained was going to have voiceacting to begin with what with David Hayter and SOTN Alucard's VA being announced during the campaign.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jun 25, 2016

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Anatharon posted:

Having faced the Mighty Number 9 boss who goes "pew pew pew" every three seconds yesterday, I think silent Miriam is nice.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Accordion Man posted:

HOW DARE YOU! EVEN FORGETTING! WHO RAISED YOU! YOU! STUPID DISCIPLE!

:allears: God, everything about Order of Ecclesia is so great.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
In general, sound folio stuff like character grunts gets added way later in development, so she'll eventually not be silent.

YFDHippo
May 2, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
You can cancel your dash with attack and the other way around letting you attack quickly by canceling one into the other.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

The Grimace posted:

:allears: God, everything about Order of Ecclesia is so great.
The first time that happened I got caught and juggled to death, it's a great move.

As far as voiced lines go, I feel "A PAINTING of the SOUL" and "THIS is ART!" don't get enough credit.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

HGH posted:

As far as voiced lines go, I feel "A PAINTING of the SOUL" and "THIS is ART!" don't get enough credit.

"I'LL MAKE YOU MY MASTERPIECE!" Brauner was great.

Death gets a pretty good one too: "I see it, I see your death."

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I wish Shanoa's "I am the morning sun, come to banish this horrible night!" was voiced.

I'll kill you AND the night!

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Brauner and Barlowe were the best.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
One-off, unobtrusive or very well-placed lines or shouts are fine. Enemies or bosses calling out the name of every attack they use, or player characters shouting with every attack, however, can be really frustrating.

Nahxela posted:

Do you mean Julius and Omnia Vanitas?

Yup, my bad.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Renoistic posted:

Alucard's original VA is awesome, though. The super deep voice combined with the androgynous design. So badass. I think the VA died, though. :(

"I demand you cease your attack!"
"I will not."
DARK METAMORPHOSIS
E: Robert Belgrade lives! Belgrade is drat near a Castlevania name.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 25, 2016

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Firstborn posted:

Alucard's original VA is awesome, though. The super deep voice combined with the androgynous design. So badass. I think the VA died, though. :(

"I demand you cease your attack!"
"I will not."

That'd make it hard for him to come back and do voice acting for Bloodstained, wouldn't it?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Pureauthor posted:

That'd make it hard for him to come back and do voice acting for Bloodstained, wouldn't it?

Let us go out this evening for pleasure.
The night is still young.

Alternate upside down castle post:

Maybe Belgrade will rise up in another 100 years when Castle Dracula materializes.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 25, 2016

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Firstborn posted:

Let us go out this evening for pleasure.
The night is still young.

Alternate upside down castle post:

Maybe Belgrade will rise up in another 100 years when Castle Dracula materializes.
Excuse me it's "the evening".

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Your words are as empty as your soul

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Firstborn posted:

Your words are as empty as your soul

Mankind ill needs a savior such as you!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
What is a man?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I SEE YOU,

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
COME hither...

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

So lonely. :(

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

SHANOAGGHHHH ... !

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
SECRET STRFURIOUS WAVE

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

DAWWWK MEDAMAWFIZZIZ

WHAT

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Silhouette posted:

DAWWWK MEDAMAWFIZZIZ

WHAT

Reminds me of a guy I met once who derided the SotN port in DXC because they made Alucard sound whinier

Like, straight up said it's not worth playing because of it.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

voltcatfish posted:

Reminds me of a guy I met once who derided the SotN port in DXC because they made Alucard sound whinier

Like, straight up said it's not worth playing because of it.

That's pretty loving silly.

Then again, I bought that game for Rondo, and was honestly turned off by the new VA. I had recently played SotN on 360, so it was a little jarring but I didn't feel like I had missed out on much.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
DXC Alucard is Yuri Lowenthal isn't it?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Yes and it's really weird after Belgrade.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I played DXC SotN with the Japanese voices and have like two other versions with the original ones so you get two good voice tracks and not the boring one.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

HGH posted:

As far as voiced lines go, I feel "A PAINTING of the SOUL"
This was my favorite.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I'm interested in this.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
What?!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

alcharagia posted:

I'm interested in this.
hee hee hee thank you!

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
NOW TIME ADVANCE!

And yeah the Dracula X version dub of SOTN was the definition of "more accurate but more lifeless" type of translation. (Though original SOTN's translation was pretty jank, I'll defend the voices themselves though, Alucard and Dracula's fit well.)

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jun 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I will take your shadow!

*bows*