Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Daryl Surat posted:

Just got the Sydney pack during the sale, and while most in the thread seem to recommend Anarchist with LBV or Suit for crit/dodge, I'm not sure if it works as effectively as Anarchist with ICTV does.

Both sample builds above operate under the idea of "Anarchist has less health anyway, so you may as well Ace Berserker and Frenzy so you'll always do 1.4x - 2x damage." With Anarchist, your base health is always going to be 115 instead of the usual 230, regardless of your armor type. Your dodge at 3 detection with the maximum +10% dodge from Sneaky Bastard is 15 in a suit or 5 in LBV. Same as Grinder. So no matter what you're not going to be dodging too many shots, and unlike Grinder you have no higher base health or health regen (unless you dump a bunch of points to get Ace Hostage Taker). So you need to rely on the higher base armor (suit with Anarchist has about 200 armor, which is higher than base ICTV), higher armor regen rate from wearing the suit, plus Ace Bullseye for 25 armor per headshot. But if you run with shotguns per your recommendation to better guarantee those headshots, most aren't so hot at low detection aside from one or two with low fire rates (Mosconi, Raven, etc). It can work.

But when you look at the armor bonus you get, I feel like you're better off being the fattest of fat suits because in ICTV with Anarchist, you have 400.4 armor! The passive regen is only slightly less than a suit's, and you've still got the 25 armor regen per headshot from Bullseye Ace. Plus, if someone on the team has a dodge build with Second Wind aced (very common) you'll be running around at speeds comparable to a suit most of the time as well. I'm not so sold on Berserker Ace plus Frenzy Ace, but if you continue to run with shotguns using them you can Ace Close By, then fire Dragon's Breath rounds from a Izhma or Steakout with +15 magazine rounds at 92-100 stability for 80+ damage a shot (not counting Underdog or Overkill). This still works well on Death Wish even without Berserk or Frenzy, so the damage buff you get in exchange for making your max health be 34.5 instead of 115 might not really be needed.

EDIT: Maybe a baseline build for an Anarchist ICTV would be something like this? This is assuming Reddit or Long Guide or whatever is correct and that Shock and Awe does not have any effect on Anarchist armor regen.

You're forgetting that the request was specifically for a suit/LBV melee build. You're also forgetting that you have an additional 10% dodge when sprinting, for a maximum dodge of 25%. You can definitely get some mileage out of that.

Additionally, there are plenty of low-conceal shotguns that are presently quite good. Options include the Raven, Mosconi, M1014, Loco, and Judge. And if you really can't stand any of those, you could invest more points in Sneaky Bastard and expand your selection via increased concealment. It's also worth remembering that you can take a skill to increase the range on your shotguns/use flechettes. At that point, you really need not be particularly close to kill things. There is also a skill to increase shotgun fire rate, so even that particular criticism of the shotgun selection doesn't hold up, either.

Second Wind does make you go faster, but you will always be faster in a suit/LBV than ICTV, all else held equal.

And finally, Dragon's Breath is fun, but it's hardly the most effective shotgun ammo if you're minmaxing.

tl;dr: You can use Anarchist ICTV, but it's not necessarily the optimal choice as you seem to suggest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

For some reason the Anti-Aliasing refuses to work for me and I was wondering if anyone else experienced this and if there's a solution for it.

jagadaishio
Jun 25, 2013

I don't care if it's ethical; I want a Mammoth Steak.

Talkc posted:

Speaking of the anarchist deck, i finally completed it! Broken wrists be damned.

Its what ive always dreamed of: a great grinder equiv for those of us addicted to the ICTV.

Did watchdogs on overwatch last night with a lmg, smg, special weapons build, carrying a Flame thrower and micro uzi, focused on ammo and armor from enforcer.

On day two i just kept wading into waves of cops with the flame thrower, emptying the thing, reloading super fast, and only leaving to go to an mmo bag to refill.

I finally fufilled my dream of being the Payday equiv of a Dozer. A hard to kill nightmare in a bulky suit.

Edit: build also works with lmgs, rifles, smgs, and the minigun. Might be my favorite build now.

If I remember right, the heavier your armor the more armor gets restored per tick, but the slower the ticks come. The lighter your armor, the less gets restored per tick, but the fastest the ticks come.

Tick speed is based on the base armor that you're wearing, unaffected by adjusted armor values.

What I don't know is whether the amount restored is proportionate to your adjusted armor, though.

This is important, because it either means that the amount restored is percent based, and thinks like basic Iron Man or the ballistic vest skill improve it, or if it's flat and therefore a strictly worse choice.

I'm not going to experiment or code dive, but I'm going someone else will have those answers.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

jagadaishio posted:

I'm not going to experiment or code dive, but I'm going someone else will have those answers.

That's what the Long Guide is for!

Copied from it:
Every 2/3/4/5/6/7/10 s (for suit/light vest/...): Regenerate 10/15/20/25/35/45/85 armor.

jagadaishio
Jun 25, 2013

I don't care if it's ethical; I want a Mammoth Steak.

ClonedPickle posted:

Copied from it:
Every 2/3/4/5/6/7/10 s (for suit/light vest/...): Regenerate 10/15/20/25/35/45/85 armor.

So that means you regen a little over 45 armor per 10 seconds with an LBV and exactly 85 per ten seconds with the fatsuit, both unmodified by armor skills? I'd find that pretty compellingly in ICTV's favor, then.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Just tried the LA earthquake mission solo for the first time and didn't realize you could actually move the truck. Turns out "transporting" 4 safes by throwing them for 5 minutes to load them into the truck, only to drive it backwards 3 feet wasn't what the devs intended? I think i'm basically a Wet Bandit at this point.

... Man, i'd play a Home Alone stealth heist.

Cowman posted:

For some reason the Anti-Aliasing refuses to work for me and I was wondering if anyone else experienced this and if there's a solution for it.
Same here, though i haven't dug too deeply into the game settings or cfg files (yet).

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 26, 2016

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

jagadaishio posted:

So that means you regen a little over 45 armor per 10 seconds with an LBV and exactly 85 per ten seconds with the fatsuit, both unmodified by armor skills? I'd find that pretty compellingly in ICTV's favor, then.

Depends on difficulty, IMO. On DW in particular, enemies do a substantial amount of damage (60+ in many cases). With an ICTV, you can absorb 2 shots every ten seconds. But with something like a suit, you could absorb 5 shots every second (1 every 2 seconds), since damage to armor doesn't bleed over to health (except for snipers). When you also factor in potential damage mitigation from dodge, I'd say a suit gives you more staying power than ICTV.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

UnknownMercenary posted:

There is actually an unintended bug with Frenzy right now where the damage reduction to health damage is also applying to armor, which is skewing your view of Anarchist ICTV's effectiveness.

But I was saying that you should NOT take Frenzy Ace with ICTV. You're saying that right now, if we Ace Frenzy and equip ICTV then we get 400.4 armor plus 60% damage reduction across the board (really 75% because of Underdog Ace more or less always being active)? If that's the case, then there's zero question you should take that because the entire Infiltrator perk deck only gives 32% DR (plus 15% from Underdog Ace). A bug like that would skew the noticeable effectiveness of Anarchist Suit/LBV more, I would think.

ClonedPickle posted:

Copied from it:

If this is accurate, then Anarchist in a suit (205.4 armor) where you regen 10 armor every 2 seconds means you regen 50 armor (25%) every 10 seconds. An LBV (270.4 armor) regens 45 armor (16.6%) in the same time. The ICTV (400 armor) regens 85 armor (21.2%) per the above. LBV seems the worst? For reference, Grinder's health regen is 8 per second, so its regen rate (for health) is 80 in that time because it no longer stacks. So ICTV seems closest to "Grinder, for armor" in that sense. True, damage doesn't bleed over to health, but "except for snipers" is a big exception. You're relying a whole lot more on Bullseye Ace for any build where Dodge isn't 0.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

You're forgetting that the request was specifically for a suit/LBV melee build. You're also forgetting that you have an additional 10% dodge when sprinting, for a maximum dodge of 25%. You can definitely get some mileage out of that.

Additionally, there are plenty of low-conceal shotguns that are presently quite good. Options include the Raven, Mosconi, M1014, Loco, and Judge. And if you really can't stand any of those, you could invest more points in Sneaky Bastard and expand your selection via increased concealment. It's also worth remembering that you can take a skill to increase the range on your shotguns/use flechettes. At that point, you really need not be particularly close to kill things. There is also a skill to increase shotgun fire rate, so even that particular criticism of the shotgun selection doesn't hold up, either.

I wasn't "forgetting." Ace Duck and Cover is not part of the LBV build spec that you linked, just the suit one. Suit's the only one you're getting 25% dodge while sprinting for, and as I said that's the same dodge as Grinder. If you want to actually hit that 25% more often than not, you probably want to add on Lock n Load Basic to the suit build so you can hip-fire.

So maybe Anarchist with Suit works out okay. But let's say you want that extra 65 points of armor LBV gives you over suit so you get that 39.4 move speed with Parkour Basic. You can Ace Duck and Cover like you said to bring your dodge up to...5 maximum while sprinting because your base is still -5. Easy enough, we have 51 skill points to spare so that brings us to 48. But then there's everything else you're saying on top of that.

Let's say you're fine with the low concealment shotgun selection since the Mosconi and Raven are pretty fun. That means Sneaky Bastard basic. The most practical way to it is to Ace Inner Pockets since you're wearing a LBV anyway. Now your base dodge is 5 with 15 while sprinting. Not that much to work with for a dodge build IMO, but okay.

If you want to increase the range, that means Acing Far Away and equipping Flechette rounds. Want to increase rate of fire, that's Acing Close By, which also adds +15 to only the Steakout and Izhma (but you can't use either even with Ace Sneaky Bastard). That'll put the Raven at about 104 ROF doing 96.8 damage before any buffs. That'll do nicely. 26 points left.

You can get the accuracy and magazine capacity of the Raven up a fair amount while keeping 14 detection, but that'll cost you 3 Dodge unless you Ace Sneaky Bastard per your suggestion. If you do all that you have...6 remaining points, which isn't enough to upgrade any deployables. It also isn't enough to take Overkill Basic (arguably unnecessary since this is with Frenzy and Berserker Ace), Ace Underdog, and also get Lock n Load Basic. At that point I'd say it's better to ditch Frenzy and Berserker and use the remaining 21 points on deployables and quality of life stuff like Scavenger etc, but then it's not much of a "melee" build. I'm just thinking in terms of "is any Anarchist LBV build really good?" especially with the Frenzy bug making it seem like "the extra armor from ICTV isn't necessary on DW." You could alternatively not spec into shotguns in favor of pistols or assault rifles/SMGs, but it's harder to get headshots when sprinting/firing from the hip with those.

Daryl Surat fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 26, 2016

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

WHERE DO THEY GET SO MANY COPS??

edit: gently caress you shield gently caress

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

UnknownMercenary posted:

There is actually an unintended bug with Frenzy right now where the damage reduction to health damage is also applying to armor, which is skewing your view of Anarchist ICTV's effectiveness.

UnknownMerc, could you describe the bug in more detail? It hasn't been reported as far as I can tell, and that's something they'll fix. I can pass it along.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

UnknownMerc, could you describe the bug in more detail? It hasn't been reported as far as I can tell, and that's something they'll fix. I can pass it along.

You'd have to ask Frankelstner. I saw it in his reddit post here. My friends have been having fun with it but admittedly it is broken as gently caress right now.

Daryl Surat posted:

But I was saying that you should NOT take Frenzy Ace with ICTV. You're saying that right now, if we Ace Frenzy and equip ICTV then we get 400.4 armor plus 60% damage reduction across the board (really 75% because of Underdog Ace more or less always being active)? If that's the case, then there's zero question you should take that because the entire Infiltrator perk deck only gives 32% DR (plus 15% from Underdog Ace). A bug like that would skew the noticeable effectiveness of Anarchist Suit/LBV more, I would think.

I'll admit I only glanced through your post while on my phone so I didn't read it that closely. Also it definitely skews effectiveness of Anarchist Suit/LBV even more. This is just with ICTV/Maniac, recorded on Deathwish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XOzmt6THOc

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jun 26, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Someone at 505 is Not Happy about getting erroneously blamed for drillsafegate. Man, I feel sorry for Overkill. And the comments...ugh. I want to buy Almir a beer.

Almir posted:

Please, please stop hitting me. I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. Please, please stop sending letterbombs to 505 Games, we work with them. Please, please-I'll do whatever you want

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 26, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

DR stacks multiplicatively, not additively

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Does that mass player mod still work? I have 5 people that want to play.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Daryl Surat posted:

I'm just thinking in terms of "is any Anarchist LBV build really good?"

Let me help: Yes, it's DW-viable.

Also, since you seem to be struggling with what this build would look like: Here.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

Someone at 505 is Not Happy about getting erroneously blamed for drillsafegate. Man, I feel sorry for Overkill. And the comments...ugh. I want to buy Almir a beer.

I thought it was a pretty good mea culpa. I also expect the comments to be full of bile from angry nerds though.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

I thought it was a pretty good mea culpa. I also expect the comments to be full of bile from angry nerds though.

Oh, it's great- it's just that it's also mea culpa #...I think they're up to 7 or 8 now. They have no effect, and no relation to why the players are mad. The comments are mostly angry about 1. DLC 2. no reward for 4 million community members 3. SAFEHOUSE CUSTMONATION 4. the existence of Overkill 5. GMAE CRASHES [because I have a skin unlocker- about a fifth of the bug reports are people with cheats or hacked copies] or 6. unrelated unfixed bugs.

I also don't think the apologies were ever needed in the first place. In a world where iconic jackets, mighty numbers and Horzine supply crates exist, there are better targets for even the most entitled gamer rage.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

Let me help: Yes, it's DW-viable.

Also, since you seem to be struggling with what this build would look like: Here.

I wouldn't say I was "struggling" so much as "this build is altered from your own template" since you've un-Aced Die Hard (for +20 armor to vests) and Pumping Iron in order to free up the necessary 8 extra points in order to upgrade deployables. Everything I noted was in regards to the original template. In any case, it'll be interesting to see how it fares should the Frenzy bug be fixed, since when you factor in the huge amount of Dodge difference I think this would suit Crook more than Anarchist.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Daryl Surat posted:

I wouldn't say I was "struggling" so much as "this build is altered from your own template" since you've un-Aced Die Hard (for +20 armor to vests) and Pumping Iron in order to free up the necessary 8 extra points in order to upgrade deployables. Everything I noted was in regards to the original template. In any case, it'll be interesting to see how it fares should the Frenzy bug be fixed, since when you factor in the huge amount of Dodge difference I think this would suit Crook more than Anarchist.

I listed two templates. I focused here on the dodge-based one. I wouldn't use dodge with the LBV one. The LBV build is probably somewhat less good than the suit build, but it gains advantages is less-restricted weapon selection. As I also previously argued, less, but faster, armor regen is better on higher difficulties than more armor regenerated more slowly.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Discendo Vox posted:

Oh, it's great- it's just that it's also mea culpa #...I think they're up to 7 or 8 now. They have no effect, and no relation to why the players are mad. The comments are mostly angry about 1. DLC 2. no reward for 4 million community members 3. SAFEHOUSE CUSTMONATION 4. the existence of Overkill 5. GMAE CRASHES [because I have a skin unlocker- about a fifth of the bug reports are people with cheats or hacked copies] or 6. unrelated unfixed bugs.

I also don't think the apologies were ever needed in the first place. In a world where iconic jackets, mighty numbers and Horzine supply crates exist, there are better targets for even the most entitled gamer rage.

I really don't want it, but I think they should have VAC bans for all the skin and DLC unlockers that these people run yet expect any sort of kindness from OVERKILL.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Crabtree posted:

I really don't want it, but I think they should have VAC bans for all the skin and DLC unlockers that these people run yet expect any sort of kindness from OVERKILL.

I use a DLC unlocker but that's just because I got banned from the Community Group for saying I cheated some achievements for the weapon mod unlocks since I was never going to do them myself. It won't let me use the community group items which is what I use that unlocker for. I've bought all the DLC so it's not like I'm trying to cheat them out of money, just use the free items.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Turret deployment was just changed - the trick of using a 60 round magazine in a DMR AK no longer works, at least for me. Even with a full 63 rounds, I can't deploy a single turret. What's the best weapons for a full turret build now?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

clockworkjoe posted:

Turret deployment was just changed - the trick of using a 60 round magazine in a DMR AK no longer works, at least for me. Even with a full 63 rounds, I can't deploy a single turret. What's the best weapons for a full turret build now?

Minigun and Uzi.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

clockworkjoe posted:

You're doing something wrong. I just checked. Do you have all the relevant turret skills?

BillmasterCozb posted:

Minigun and Uzi.

No.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The trick to a turret build is to never actually deploy your turrets.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Gave Anarchist a try with ICTV on DW. The only time I went down was when two black dozers directly blasted me multiple times, and I killed one before going down and the other before being revived. I did not even come close to losing all my armour on any other occasion. 400 armour is ridiculous and literally allows you to slowly walk up to mobs of enemies and methodically destroy them. Fun as hell to play.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

You're doing something wrong. I just checked. Do you have all the relevant turret skills?

No.

I figured it out. It's Surefire basic - with that skill, you don't have enough ammo to deploy turrets, even at max.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

clockworkjoe posted:

I figured it out. It's Surefire basic - with that skill, you don't have enough ammo to deploy turrets, even at max.

Yeah. Because then your mag size isn't 60. It's 75.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Wastrel_ posted:

Gave Anarchist a try with ICTV on DW. The only time I went down was when two black dozers directly blasted me multiple times, and I killed one before going down and the other before being revived. I did not even come close to losing all my armour on any other occasion. 400 armour is ridiculous and literally allows you to slowly walk up to mobs of enemies and methodically destroy them. Fun as hell to play.

Now try it while perma-berzerk. :getin:

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
Haven't played this in a long time, are the old top weapons still good? I still have the lebensauger as my main sniper rifle, AK 74 and the normal AK modded as tryhard weapons, LEO as pistol, are desert eagle or the bigger pistols viable yet?

I gotta figure out the new decks and skills too, guess there's alternatives to LBV Grinder now too.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Assuming you haven't played since before Crimefest 2015, the old 40-45 damage rifles are still good. They buffed battle rifles by boosting them all to 80+ damage. You missed the roughly 6 month period where pistols were the best weapons in the game; the Deagle subset of pistols specifically received a heavy nerf about a month ago.

DMR kits/the M308 got buffed to basically sniper rifle levels of damage to be in line with the Lebensauger. Sniper rifles didn't receive much except they lowered the damage penalty on the Thanatos silencer by a huge amount.

If you're a fan of shotguns, you missed the period where they received a bunch of nerfs. They have been significantly buffed since then to the point where they require no skill investment to be good; dumping points into the shotgun tree just makes you a murder god.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Discendo Vox posted:

The comments are mostly angry about 2. no reward for 4 million community members

Probably the same people who lose their poo poo whenever you use the words "gamers" and "entitled" in the same sentence.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Overkill might have something whipped up down the line but really this post coinciding with 4 million is a coincidence as they would have done it either way as the new paradigm came into force. It didn't matter in the end if they had mentioned 4 million or not, people will find some way rage over something even though it would be entirely positive even if it was giving first aid to someone who had fallen over.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

UnknownMercenary posted:

Assuming you haven't played since before Crimefest 2015, the old 40-45 damage rifles are still good. They buffed battle rifles by boosting them all to 80+ damage. You missed the roughly 6 month period where pistols were the best weapons in the game; the Deagle subset of pistols specifically received a heavy nerf about a month ago.

DMR kits/the M308 got buffed to basically sniper rifle levels of damage to be in line with the Lebensauger. Sniper rifles didn't receive much except they lowered the damage penalty on the Thanatos silencer by a huge amount.

If you're a fan of shotguns, you missed the period where they received a bunch of nerfs. They have been significantly buffed since then to the point where they require no skill investment to be good; dumping points into the shotgun tree just makes you a murder god.

I stopped playing when I burned out just before the Gage assault pack dropped, all of this plus the new skill tree sounds like pure gold. And Ron Perlman as a biker merc with Arnold's shotgun from Terminator 2? :circlefap:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

UnknownMercenary posted:

Thanks for pointing this out, having never tried shotguns i bought and specced a Not-AA12 and it's been fantastic. On the difficulty i'm playing on most common cops go down in a shot so their ammo drops actually mean the weapon is pretty much self-sustaining.

What's the thing with the single-shot mods? Are they all behind the dlc paywall? How is it different than just tapping once? They sound pretty amazing for some of my stronger assault rifles but i wonder if i can just get the same effect from not spraying like a crazy madman.

Also it feels like of all the special units the bulldozers are by far the most dangerous - resilient, insanely high damage, barely any weaknesses. Shields and tasers seem downright docile in comparison.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 26, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

RoadCrewWorker posted:

What's the thing with the single-shot mods? Are they all behind the dlc paywall? How is it different than just tapping once? They sound pretty amazing for some of my stronger assault rifles but i wonder if i can just get the same effect from not spraying like a crazy madman.

Yeah, the single shot mods are behind a DLC paywall. They are from Armored Transport, IIRC, or Gage Weapon pack 1. It was one of the very early on packs. They'll lock your gun to single shot only and take away the ability to toggle fire in exchange for a small bonus to accuracy and a substantial stability penalty. To be honest, single fire/auto fire only mods have lost a lot of appeal since the last massive weapon rebalance. Before, when you could stack damage in huge amounts and weapons' base damage was fairly low, auto fire was a good thing to have. Now the damage bonus is miniscule and weapon accuracy is more important. On the flipside, they added a bunch of different skills that give pretty good accuracy bonuses so there's little reason to lock the gun to single fire.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I like using the auto-fire mod and the tactical compensator on the bullet hose ARs and SMGs since they typically have loads of stability and those two mods will bring their damage up to 39.9

Pilgrimski
Apr 23, 2008

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Also it feels like of all the special units the bulldozers are by far the most dangerous - resilient, insanely high damage, barely any weaknesses. Shields and tasers seem downright docile in comparison.

Each of the special units is dangerous in their own way and equally, once you get the hang of how to deal with them they aren't a problem - until they surprise you or sneak up on you. A tazer alone isn't a problem, a tazer that stuns you from a gap in a fence that you can't find whilst you are in the middle of a load of regular cops is a big problem. Similarly, a shield alone isn't a problem, but a shield infront of a tazer or a shield that bashes you out of a window (happened to me twice) is a problem. Cloakers are always annoying when they get the drop on you, instadown without swansong or anything. You also won't have met the swat van turret (avoid this, or use an ECM to turn it to your side for a short time) or Capt. Winters. Winters runs on in a phalanx of super shields, locks the assault phase and buffs enemy HP untill you kill enough of the phalanx to make him retreat.

For the dozers, you need to shoot them in the face. They have several layers of armour that you knock off before you can do propper headshot damage. Once you know how, they become a lot more routine.

Explosives stun them, and do lots of damage to the armour (yes.. the guy in the EOD suit is MORE vulnerable to explosives than normal) try the community grenades if you don't have the explosive shotgun ammo dlcs.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I played a ton back in the day and a bit after the first weapon rebalance. I've got my deathwish skull and all that, so I knew my way around whatever Payday 2 used to be. How much has changed? Are dodge builds still fun and good?

Previous favorite gun picks included Deagle + Light Crossbow, or Cavity + Pistol Crossbow. Do I need to rethink how I pick weapons with whatever's new?

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jun 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Pistols in general and deagles in particular got nerfed with fire rate and damage. Shotguns are now incredible, their base damage got boosted and special ammo doesn't gently caress with ammo pickup so you have no reason not to run 000 or flechettes in every gun.