Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SomethingJones posted:

I listened to the Open House stream and watched the chat for a while.

Those Star Citizen guys show up and start trash talking Derek and his game.

Host starts saying 'well come on guys, ask Derek some questions then', not one of them did so a guest asked one instead, Derek answers in detail - so the cultists start shouting 'lies' and 'source'

Then they start poo poo talking about David Braben and Elite as well.

They're just a bunch of reddit kids, I think moma is a reddit kid too.

Moma made himself look like a complete dick to be honest.

I've yet to see any of these guys actually engage Derek and I've yet to see moma engage anyone on here.

They are either just kids doing kid stuff or actual retarded adults.

heh yeah. They simply have no argument. They're just used to poo poo-posting online.

Hilarious that when we invited MoMa (hey **real** MoMa, was that really you?) he promptly declined. lol!

Anyway, the stream archive is up now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDCi884lT58&feature=youtu.be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tippis posted:

It has 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 stars. As mentioned, G0RF just doesn't know of the [super] code. :D

I got scammed by GORF. I feel grief.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhJLCoQ04lU&t=19s

This is so bad, I wonder how much CIG spent on it.

It wasn't as painfully bad as that live action one with the wanking ginger guy.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Also, if Derek's game is poo poo, then wouldn't he be able to tell the state of another, shittier game? (Sorry, Derek)

They can't engage Derek Smart because they are completely out of their depth and they know it.

They can't refute Derek, so they poo poo on his own game.

And when you think about it, its very laughable. We've seen people admit that, if it were Kojima, Lord British, John Romero, or some other dev, comment on the state of Star Citizen or how its development is bound to end in failure, they "would be okay with it and give their criticisms some consideration." So why is Mr. Smart (PhD) not allowed to comment on Chris Roberts' alleged masterpiece?

Its the same complaint that Shitizens always bring up on gaming news websites. Everything is clickbait and, curiously, 'those' articles are always negative pieces on Star Citizen.

They don't like the message, so they think that shooting the messenger will make it stop.

No apologies needed; since the context was clear.

Anyway, the rather hilarious thing is that NONE of those morons have actually played LOD. And those who have were already promptly banned and kicked out months ago.

Not to mention the fact that LOD already has over 90% of it's promised features already implemented, and we're racing through the final stretch atm. Meanwhile, SC doesn't even have 10% of what was promised. That after five years, $116 million and over 500 people working on it at some point.

In fact, when I took it off Steam - as a big gently caress YOU to them - it was to i) take away their ability to poo poo on the game in the reviews section ii) take away their bullshit argument that I'm making GBS threads on SC to promote LOD (which isn't even for sale)

Naturally, the delusional among them were quick to say that Valve took the game of Steam. The stupidity of their argument was - again - disclosed once we continued updating the game, people who owned it still had access etc.

And less than a month later, Valve updates the way the Steam reviews are done. That's because, as I wrote in my missive accounting the removal of the game from the store, a lot of us have been complaining to Valve for years now about this poo poo. And they still haven't gone far enough. Until they start yanking accounts, or implementing probation/bans, it's going to continue being a problem.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

redwalrus posted:

Intel is sponsoring CIG at gamescom. No wonder they didn't respond to AMD.

:smug:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Good thing game is still in development, AP.

*sigh* You keep missing the point of these missives.

It's not that people don't realize that the game is in development. No; it's that five years + $116 million + 500 people later, it's still a lovely proof-of-concept (barely passes for a vertical slice btw) that looks and plays nothing close to the BDSSE promised.

Don't you get that? Or is it above your pay grade?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

So you forced me to go check out that person's posts: you might want to recheck your statement. Reddit grabbed quotes direct from SA forums because the paywall was down. That's also the time that the forum was locked (the first time) because of the doxxing allegations.

Listen: I'm all for you guys poo poo posting and giving me a hard time. Have fun - knock yourselves out. You've been on this forum talking about SC even before I pledged my first dollar for it. But don't give me this BS about this account here and that account there. I have an account on RSI site that I barely use, a pos Reddit account (scpilotman) that I made quite a few months ago - prior to Derek asking for it - and that's about it. I barely have time during the work week to post on this forum.

I am inclined to believe you because the wanker who was on the stream yesterday was too dumb (his postings); even by your standards. It's just curious that he was bringing up some of your same [bullshit legal] arguments (libel per se etc) here on SA; and clearly - like you - didn't even understand what it is he was saying.

I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. But if that was in fact you, take comfort in the thought that you're a loving coward who needs alts because you can't stand up like a man and own your poo poo. Even anon.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Cool man - enjoy playing investigator. Posts on that sub says the paywall was down. I don't keep track - like I said, I barely use Reddit.

I never satisfied Derek's full request because it was out of line and unnecessary, which was the reason the mods saw fit to close the thread down temporarily.

And as for my post count? Sure I have spurts where I joust with you guys, but there are many times when I'm not on for days.

Go with whatever theory makes you happy - do you boo boo.

What request was that, again? I forget.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Sunswipe posted:

It wasn't as painfully bad as that live action one with the wanking ginger guy.

I haven't seen the new top gear.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

I have spurts where I joust with you guys

:gizz:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qqwk1grdmM&t=104s

:gary:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

AP posted:

What I want? Enjoy. And it turns out so far only to cry:(((

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

AP posted:

I haven't seen the new top gear.

:golfclap:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

eXXon posted:

That's just about the exact opposite of reality.

Dunno. I have had AMD processors before that seemed to work alright. Then there was the ATI video driver that would tell me (on screen) it couldn't find a display. So I download the latest. Can't update because it couldn't find a display. So, I get a different card and try uninstalling the drivers. One guess what happened? Couldn't uninstall because of no display found. And recently we had to change out the card in my dad's machine. He's a professor so he uses dual head. The ATI errors we ran into ranged from one monitor randomly shutting down, kicking everything to the primary monitor, then starting back up, to somehow completely loving up the order of the monitors so I had to place the "second" monitor on the left and then the cursor movement to switch screens was all hosed up. Installed a simple little NVidia, no problems. Also, the drivers somehow screwed up the LAN driver so the machine would drop offline randomly and not come back up without a reboot. NVidia? No problems.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Lladre posted:

That the one they were playing Doom or Quake on? That was a fun video.

Quake ]|[ Arena, I think.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jun 26, 2016

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Imagine actually listening to a 7 hour podcast.

:lol:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Beet Wagon posted:

Expected Result: ???

Dog.exe has stopped working

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

leper khan posted:

Caught up with the thread. :smug:

Thought that something would have happened in the last 1000 posts, but nope.

The only thing that's happened is you telling us nothing has happened.

Thanks!

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

ManofManyAliases posted:

Good thing game is still in development, AP.

That's up for debate. Considering they habe removed two features in their latent patches: Criminal levels and the Tutorial.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
I listened to that Batgirl thing at 1.5x speed.

Chris hugged her and seemed like a visionary. She is friends with Ben and Sandi. "Persistent planets" are in. Ships are already in that are as big as Ironforge (:confused:). People buy games made by lovely publishers that spend tens of millions making the same games over and over (CoD, Madden), thus Chris is totally competent and capable of creating an impossible universe simulator and people just aren't giving him a fair shake (:confused::confused:). She has faith.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Chin posted:

Chris hugged her and seemed like a visionary. She is friends with Ben and Sandi. "Persistent planets" are in. Ships are already in that are as big as Ironforge (:confused:). People buy games made by lovely publishers that spend tens of millions making the same games over and over (CoD, Madden), thus Chris is totally competent and capable of creating an impossible universe simulator and people just aren't giving him a fair shake (:confused::confused:). She has faith.

honestly what would we do without the persistent planets

think of the children

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Chin posted:

Would be interesting to see what the red line would be for someone like this. What does CIG have to fail to do to make them lose faith? It's probably an impossible question for them to answer.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D_Smart posted:

And less than a month later, Valve updates the way the Steam reviews are done. That's because, as I wrote in my missive accounting the removal of the game from the store, a lot of us have been complaining to Valve for years now about this poo poo. And they still haven't gone far enough. Until they start yanking accounts, or implementing probation/bans, it's going to continue being a problem.

To be fair to Steam/Valve, this seems like a problem that's really insurmountable. You're asking for them to monitor and admin millions of people on thousands of games and many thousands/millions of reviews. I can't imagine they have the manpower to do that and where do you draw the line between real, fake, or funny review?

And I still think apologies are necessary, your building a game you want, the way you want, in an honest attempt to make something fun. You've never gone on to claim you're saving PC gaming (that I know of) and you certainly don't have the same resources to rival Cig. Its pretty funny, and amazing, to see how many people beat down on "the little guy" in the name of some messiah of gaming.

The bullied become the bullies in an attempt to silence criticism. Ironic.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Danknificent posted:

honestly what would we do without the persistent planets

think of the children

So Ben is in charge of planet development as well?
Is he modelling them after himself?

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The only thing that's happened is you telling us nothing has happened.

Thanks!

Glad to keep you informed.

If we all just talk about talking about how CIG somehow hasn't yet imploded, the thread can move even faster.

Hare is a catte for confirming I didn't miss the impending catastrophe and rivers of man-child tears. He, like myself, seems eagerly waiting.

leper khan fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jun 26, 2016

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Chalks posted:

Would be interesting to see what the red line would be for someone like this. What does CIG have to fail to do to make them lose faith? It's probably an impossible question for them to answer.

They'll easily answer it, but the thing is when they do that they don't believe it will actually happen and are just making things up to try and appear reasonable

"If there isn't __________ by _____" or "If _________ is changed from what was promised"

The problem isn't that the question is impossible, just that whenever ________ arrives they have had plenty of time to convince themselves either that it's what they want or that it isn't a problem.

I'm sure BatGirl (even MoMA has answered like this) would say something like....if procedural planets aren't added in 2016 that would be a problem. But over the next 6 months before January they would shift their personal goal posts so that when you don't get procedural planets until 2018 they still don't see a problem with it because of the mental gymnastics and justifications they put themselves through. "I know I said Procedural in 2016 but....__________."

Eventually they break, or have a single moment of clarity where they realize they are funding a scam, but they can sit and try and be reasonable and answer your question all day long. It adds legitimacy to their argument if they are "talking about it failing." Somehow proving to themselves that they AREN'T deluded crazy people paying tens of millions for nothing but a scam.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

trucutru posted:

I had to check the vanduul's cockpit again just to see if I remember it correctly

Yeah, lol.

How do you say Ambiguously Gay Duo in Vanduul?

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Tippis posted:

So Ben is in charge of planet development as well?
Is he modelling them after himself?

Ben misunderstood the request to create a planet.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Thoatse posted:

Ben Lesnick, Developer.

Vulin
Jun 15, 2012
How long until that ELE hits?

Here are some cat buddies as an advance payment for the answer:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Vulin posted:

How long until that ELE hits?

Here are some cat buddies as an advance payment for the answer:

It kinda already has, considering every dev studio and their dog have beaten CIG to release with other space games.

We're just in the slow decline while dumbizens wake the gently caress up and realize they've been scammed.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Fat Shat Sings posted:

They'll easily answer it, but the thing is when they do that they don't believe it will actually happen and are just making things up to try and appear reasonable

"If there isn't __________ by _____" or "If _________ is changed from what was promised"

The problem isn't that the question is impossible, just that whenever ________ arrives they have had plenty of time to convince themselves either that it's what they want or that it isn't a problem.

I'm sure BatGirl (even MoMA has answered like this) would say something like....if procedural planets aren't added in 2016 that would be a problem. But over the next 6 months before January they would shift their personal goal posts so that when you don't get procedural planets until 2018 they still don't see a problem with it because of the mental gymnastics and justifications they put themselves through. "I know I said Procedural in 2016 but....__________."

Eventually they break, or have a single moment of clarity where they realize they are funding a scam, but they can sit and try and be reasonable and answer your question all day long. It adds legitimacy to their argument if they are "talking about it failing." Somehow proving to themselves that they AREN'T deluded crazy people paying tens of millions for nothing but a scam.

Procedurally Generated Bargaining is one of the 5 steps of feeling grief.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Thoatse posted:

Benan Dsandi Onaro Nd Tverz

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Procedurally Generated Bargaining is one of the 5 steps of feeling grief.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

eXXon posted:

That's just about the exact opposite of reality.

Seriously, their gpus have great price/performance but their cpus suck and I should know since I own a Piledriver. :(

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

lazorexplosion posted:

Lotta people think AMD's 4gb r9 380 is the best mid range / good but affordable gpu you can get right now, or at least last time I checked. Get an intel CPU though.

They're releasing the Rx480 4gb in 3 days at $199 MSRP and an 8gb version for $239. They haven't released any benchmarks yet so we'll still have to wait and see how good it is.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Samizdata posted:

Dunno. I have had AMD processors before that seemed to work alright. Then there was the ATI video driver that would tell me (on screen) it couldn't find a display. So I download the latest. Can't update because it couldn't find a display. So, I get a different card and try uninstalling the drivers. One guess what happened? Couldn't uninstall because of no display found. And recently we had to change out the card in my dad's machine. He's a professor so he uses dual head. The ATI errors we ran into ranged from one monitor randomly shutting down, kicking everything to the primary monitor, then starting back up, to somehow completely loving up the order of the monitors so I had to place the "second" monitor on the left and then the cursor movement to switch screens was all hosed up. Installed a simple little NVidia, no problems. Also, the drivers somehow screwed up the LAN driver so the machine would drop offline randomly and not come back up without a reboot. NVidia? No problems.

Nvidia's latest drivers have their newest cards running at about 1200mhz just to run multi-monitor displays without even being in-game and supposedly they bricked some people's gpu's with an update a not too long ago, so both companies have lovely drivers right now.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Anyone who currently owns a computer machine instead of waiting for the assuredly powerful Star Citizen tie-in computer from Alien Ware is a fool.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I play on an ipad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Raskolnikov posted:

did anyone miss my catte?

Most luxurious cat of the thread. fit to be called catte. :petdog:

• Locked thread