Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

emoji posted:

Alfred and/or Hammerspoon.

in like 2004 i chose quicksilver over alfred because quicksilver had a cool translucent bezel while alfred had a stupid hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

or was that butler. wow. #YosposThrowback

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

just use spotlight

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Linguica posted:

im all the CJ poo poo in the taskbar or whatever they call it on mac

well *im* all the multiple-instances-of-two-rows-of-text-where-there-is-clearly-room-for-only-one-part-of-same-mister-grabby

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

DuckConference posted:

since apple has stopped selling screens and has told people "go buy a dell monitor or something" is that pretty much confirmation that the mac mini and mac pro will be left to rot?

lol, "will"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
trash pro was doa and I didn't think anyone actually bought mac minis aside from ios developers who probably never gave a gently caress about overpriced apple screens and just wanted the cheapest mac possible

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

trash pro was doa and I didn't think anyone actually bought mac minis aside from ios developers who probably never gave a gently caress about overpriced apple screens and just wanted the cheapest mac possible

minis own

trash pro is trash

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

omg

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lmao

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the original sales pitch for the mini was that you'd save money by bringing your own monitor and it was shown hooked up to a black plastic no-name-brand LCD. so no they're not gonna stop making those

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

marvelous. magical. a triumph.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mini ain't a bad idea

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

daddy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

you ever see the "2 toilets" meme on this forum? hehe

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

zen death robot posted:

my wife has a mini (the car)

Nice humblebrag.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

one of the most powerful super computers in the world used to be a cluster of aluminium Mac Pros with fibre cards in them.

there's also a bunch of Mac Mini colocation companies so you can run Mac Mini servers remotely for whatever reason.

i guess some people like macOS server.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

for a time Apple was the only OEMs selling a dual-CPU desktop, so if your institution needed that and needed it to have OEM support then it was the only option

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

for a time Apple was the only OEMs selling a dual-CPU desktop, so if your institution needed that and needed it to have OEM support then it was the only option

Yea bitch, and there was a time I was getting laid on the regular. Doesn't mean a drat thing now and nobody gives a gently caress. Try again.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Smythe posted:

Yea bitch, and there was a time I was getting laid on the regular. Doesn't mean a drat thing now and nobody gives a gently caress. Try again.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

PleasureKevin posted:

er what time was that?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

some time between the introduction of the dual core Mac Pro and the discontinuation of the dual core Mac Pro

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Smythe posted:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

dell has had dual-cpu "precision" line workstations for every intel cpu generation from the pentium II to now

iirc they had a pentium pro dualie too, but i don't know what it was called

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Smythe posted:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

needs the eye pop animation

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Smythe posted:

Nice humblebrag.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Lmao more iphone 7 leaks with shittier camera bump, still no headphone jack, "dual speakers" that fire downward (fail) and they moved the bra lines toward the edges. This company cannot innovate, if Steve were alive, etc

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

PleasureKevin posted:

one of the most powerful super computers in the world used to be a cluster of aluminium Mac Pros with fibre cards in them.

there's also a bunch of Mac Mini colocation companies so you can run Mac Mini servers remotely for whatever reason.

i guess some people like macOS server.

for building iOS apps remotely you hipster chuckle gently caress

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

have a hard time imagining that hp didn't have at least one dual-socket workstation on offer at every point also, you can certainly buy rather ridiculously speced machines from them now

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i hope they make the iphone se forever

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
the year is 4012. world war vi has been raging for over two centuries now. mankind's arsenal consists of rocks and iPhone SEs which they won't stop loving making what the gently caress

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012

there it is. two of your computer cylinders would go right here in this rack. ok. let me show you the next location in which we would install two of your cylinders.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i'm the 4u chassis that needs an additional 2u of clearance if you want to connect anything

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

e.g. fat and stupid

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

infernal machines posted:

e.g. fat and stupid

Not really the place for a sig check

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

maniacdevnull posted:

Not really the place for a sig check

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the Apple Boys sure have been quiet since i demonstrated that catastrophic Privacy Fail. i guess they must be feeling pretty "rekt," right about now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

GameCube posted:

the Apple Boys sure have been quiet since i demonstrated that catastrophic Privacy Fail. i guess they must be feeling pretty "rekt," right about now.

more like roundedRekt

• Locked thread