Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Teikanmi posted:

he's the Teemo of Overwatch

what does this mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I am so sick of losing games with quadruple gold

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Zorodius posted:

In a way you're losing games BECAUSE of the quadruple gold. If your team was any good you wouldn't be doing better than them in 4 out of 5 categories.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.

piratepilates posted:

In a way you're losing games BECAUSE of the quadruple gold. If your team was any good you wouldn't be doing better than them in 4 out of 5 categories.

yeah, makes perfect sense.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

piratepilates posted:

I joined a game in progress last night and got gold on an Ilios map with 1 elimination. I joined with only 20% left to go. The next round wasn't much better - gold with 5 elims. It was pretty much me vs. the world. I just assumed it was one of the fabled "haha your win rate is too high, enjoy!" rounds.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

piratepilates posted:

You have that a bit twisted around. He has quadruple gold *because* he's losing. The quadruple gold isn't a cause of him losing

That said quadruple golds are easy to get on certain heroes (Soldier, Roadhog) without really contributing as much as it would seem, between racking up damage on shields and suiciding into fights feeding opponent ult meter

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Pumpy Dumper posted:

I love these becuase I just go pharah and shoot them form out of turret range

A few people on my team tried this. Easier said than done.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Pumpy Dumper posted:

I love these becuase I just go pharah and shoot them form out of turret range

Yeah but the thing is you do that all game and

1) you lose the match

2) might as well go play vs the AI or install a nes emulator and play duck hunt.

If you're rolling a premade maybe you can focus fire the turrets and then rush. but if you're solo, it's just a stagnant line of battle until defense wins. It's boring. It's not satisfying.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

There's an Overwatch competition today, btw. It actually started yesterday and today is the finals. It's on JoshOG on twitch. I think it's Luminosity (Seagull's team, if you're a fan) up against the best in the tournament right now, EnVyUs, but I'm not sure.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Zorodius posted:

Seems a bit more appropriate for the whining thread.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nihilarian posted:

There's an Overwatch competition today, btw. It actually started yesterday and today is the finals. It's on JoshOG on twitch. I think it's Luminosity (Seagull's team, if you're a fan) up against the best in the tournament right now, EnVyUs, but I'm not sure.

I think lg is against northern gaming red first today

it hasn't started yet tho

e: the stream keeps cutting offline as well so I guess they're having problems

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 26, 2016

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
When does it start?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think lg is against northern gaming red first today

it hasn't started yet tho
2 nerds I don't know are doing the lead up right now

Looks like NGRed is down a player? That sucks

And yeah, it's Luminosity vs NGRed, then EnVyUs vs Cloud 9

Edit: stream crashed?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it was supposed to have started already but I guess there were delays, I haven't been paying much attention to what the casters were saying. the stream is up so you could just have it on in the background while you do other stuff until it starts

e: ng red is forfeiting so don't worry about the stream. they're trying to get c9 vs envyus going early but we'll see what happens

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jun 26, 2016

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

NGRed forfeits because they can't get a hold of their sixth player or sub

If they get a sixth they can compete for 3rd place later. For now, EnVyUs vs Cloud 9.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

If you didn't watch yesterday's games, you missed this: https://clips.twitch.tv/joshog/PoisedCrocodileShibeZ

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Mierenneuker posted:

If you didn't watch yesterday's games, you missed this: https://clips.twitch.tv/joshog/PoisedCrocodileShibeZ

Grapple jump headshots are pretty bog standard in pro play.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

piratepilates posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9pePpxU58M

quote:

Pretty bog standard period as there's no recoil to speak of. It's like a quake railgun shot with a less obvious fire trail.

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 26, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Verranicus posted:

Do they always lead to two more kills and a guaranteed point cap?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

c9 vs envyus is gonna start soon, the casters are talking about it. you still have some time since they'll probably be talking for a bit before the map banning starts tho

c9 has been looking kinda weak the past few days, but these are the teams ranked 1st and 2nd in the world right now so it should hopefully be a good game

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Map selection!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Mierenneuker posted:

Do they always lead to two more kills and a guaranteed point cap?

When it's Gods? Yes.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Proposition Joe posted:

I'm hoping that the damage nerf on the turrets doesn't make Torbjorn useless.

any match without torb is much better and more fun for both sides honestly so I welcome the disintegration of dwarf on consoles. I do like how they're doing console-specific nerfs for Widowmaker on PC, turrets on PS4.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the game started for real now

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

MinibarMatchman posted:

any match without torb is much better and more fun for both sides honestly so I welcome the disintegration of dwarf on consoles. I do like how they're doing console-specific nerfs for Widowmaker on PC, turrets on PS4.

I like that Blizzard has acknowledged balancing around the different control types, are there any other games that are separately balanced by platform?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

RottenK posted:

what does this mean

Zenyatta is like Teemo because he contributes something to the team but it's not really what you need and what he does isn't good enough to win most games by himself. He's also the character that most people troll with by picking and the character that most people go "please don't play him" or "we have zenyatta, gg" and poo poo like that

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

holy lol, I didnt realize they had former good SCII Huk commenting this invitational

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Pretty sure people who want to gently caress over their team will always pick Mei.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Teikanmi posted:

Zenyatta is like Teemo because he contributes something to the team but it's not really what you need and what he does isn't good enough to win most games by himself. He's also the character that most people troll with by picking and the character that most people go "please don't play him" or "we have zenyatta, gg" and poo poo like that

i'm pretty sure mei is actually the teemo of overwatch

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Stream is here: https://www.twitch.tv/joshog don't think anyone actually linked it yet.

You know, for those of us that aren't blasé about boring grapple jump snipes, triple kills, and other amateur stuff like that.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i'm pretty sure mei is actually the teemo of overwatch

Not overpowered just incredibly unfun to play against? Sounds right

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ1XdY_Pxa4

Got a potg and 70% kill participation with Genji. This extended footage includes the Bastion pick but regrettably it didn't capture me calling them a motherfucker.

Pyzza Rouge fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 26, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
There's something satisfying about backing a Pharah into an enclosed corner with Reinhardt's shield and watching them kill themselves with their own splash damage :allears:.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's something satisfying about backing a Pharah into an enclosed corner with Reinhardt's shield and watching them kill themselves with their own splash damage :allears:.

I love flying directly into an ulting Pharah with DVa and making her kill herself

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Pyzza Rouge posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ1XdY_Pxa4

Got a potg and 70% kill participation with Genji. This extended footage includes the Bastion pick but regrettably it didn't capture me calling them a motherfucker.

That was awful

Awfully FUNNY!

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Also, it was awful.

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

Teikanmi posted:

Also, it was awful.

lol, just lol, if you were expecting good play

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
I'm just terrible with Hanzo's arrows. I rarely play him, but, any tips on knowing how much to lead people/how high to arc?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Zorodius posted:

I'm just terrible with Hanzo's arrows. I rarely play him, but, any tips on knowing how much to lead people/how high to arc?

Don't think, feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
become a poopsocking otaku who cums into plastic bottles and spend 18 hours a day perfecting the art of Hanzo whilst popping your back pimples, subsequently rubbing its sick between your index finger and thumb and taking a big whiff as you press Q

at least that's what I imagine every time I get randomly headshot by one as I'm coming around a corner and he's just firing arrows indiscriminately at nothing and happens to catch me

what I'm trying to say here is: gently caress Hanzo, and gently caress people who play him.