Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
There's a trainer in one of the games that's like "I'd really like to see a Pikachu." or something. But when you take a Pikachu to her, she keeps saying the same thing.

Why can't they keep it consistent? :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

I did not know about those numbers at all. Huh.

Do they do much useful? Spaces for phone numbers were always at a bit of a premium in my games.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Beverly just gives you her phone number normally in Gold and Silver. This condition only exists in Crystal, from my experience.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Update 27: Unleashing My Rage

Mahogany Town

Mahogany Town: Welcome to the Home of the Ninja!
(From the reddish-brown timber, mahogany. Woo.)
Chōji Town: Welcome to the home of the ninja.
(From chōji, clove and chōji-iro, the brown colour of the clove.)

Let's have a look-see at everything to do in Mahogany Town. It's not a lot!

: You should head north and check out the LAKE OF RAGE right now.

Can't go to the Gym right away, so guess we've got to look elsewhere.

"a RAGECANDYBAR!"

Let's get some candy!

Just a Souvenir Shop, Nothing Suspicious about It, No Need to Be Alarmed

Well this seems like a perfectly normal local shop.

"charm."

: MAGIKARP are just worthless, but GYARADOS are big moneymakers.

Ooh, some real rare stuff here. Both the Tinymushroom and the Slowpoketail do nothing, but this is the only time in the game you can outright buy them. While Tinymushrooms are held by wild Paras and Parasect, good luck finding them.

Screw that earlier guy for selling one for a million pokedollars. I just knew I'd find a cheaper deal if I waited.

: I see you're new in MAHOGANY TOWN. Since you're new, you should try and yummy RAGECANDYBAR! Right now, it can be yours for just $300! Want one?

Ooh, more rare items. Yes please!

The Ragecandybar is an interesting item. It's basically a Potion, so it's pretty much useless for us, but we can buy them at any time. What I find interesting is the name: the Japanese name is Rage Manjū, which can be translated as Rage Dumpling, or due to the character limit, Rage Bun. But good old Doug Dinsdale's handlers went with Ragecandybar instead. They also gave us Mr. Mime and Splash! Nice going idiots...

Route 43

But yeah, that's everything to do with Mahogany Town. Nothing else to do but head north.

Oh hey, it's our fifth team member. There's a number of reasons why I'm choosing to catch a Venonat now instead of using the one we caught in Ilex Forest. It's got quite a few levels to gain before it reaches our current team, so we'll be seeing it a fair amount in the next few updates.

While it's pretty obvious, I like the nickname you guys gave it.

One reason I'm going with Venonat is that is knows Confusion right off the bat. It's better than Leech Life.

It works fine as a mixed attacker, but unfortunately this is the best move we can give it right now. Oh well, it'll manage.

"it's super-fun!"

Pokemon fwend!

Due to the terrible level curve in these games, Mothra won't have a problem levelling up as everything is barely reaching level 20. After all, we could've gone this direction after taking down Morty, so it means the levels are thinly spread throughout the entire region. Fun.

Sounds like there's quite the problem up there. Time for me to solve everything.

Let's see what else this route has.

Rocket Toll Booth Motherfucker

: The toll is $1000 to go through. Thank you very much!

Goddammit.

Route 43

: Everyone wants to see what's going on up at LAKE OF RAGE.

That'll be the only time I give Team Rocket money...

: Some TERRAN guy made fun of my POKéMON! Darn it! My POKéMON's great!

While everything else is low level, it doesn't mean Mothra can take them down no problem, so the rest of the team will cameo on occasion.

: POKéMON isn't just about having the most powerful one.

: That's why I started--and why I'll keep on collecting POKéMON!

This guy speaks to me on a spiritual level.

"POKéMON?"

: MARY on the radio. I bet she's cute!

We could head up towards the Lake, but there's some new Pokemon to catch! I changed it to night to catch Venonat, but now it needs to be day. These are the problems I face in today's society.

HP: 52 | ATK: 65 | DEF: 55 | SP.ATK: 58 | SP.DEF: 62 | SPD: 60 | TOTAL: 352
#158: Farfetch'd

Mmmmmmm, I'm having dinner tonight.

Girafarig is not available in Crystal, so we're bending the game code to our will to find it here as in Gold and Silver. You know, like the average player does...

: Maybe it's the gear I'm using. Let's battle for a change of pace!

Man, the lake really is whacked.

A pummelling is the best medicine.

: It's much more effective than a ULTRA BALL.

HMs bitch.

: Let's play for a little while!

Waaaaaaaaay ahead of you lady.

"adorable thing?"

Pippi!

We're heading to the side area of the Lake of Rage first, since it has some cool stuff for us.

Woo tree mazes.

: Seeing as how it's WEDNESDAY today, I'm WESLEY of Wednesday. Pleased to meet you. Please take a souvenir.

"of fighting moves."

: Since you found me, you must have met my brothers and sisters. Or did you just get lucky?

Six down! Just one more left to find! The Blackbelt is a 10% boost to Fighting moves. They aren't as prevalent as they will be in future, so it's not a well used item.

This is fun.

Detect (Mikiri: All-Seeing) is a Fighting status move with +3 priority and 5PP that protects the user from all damage for a turn, not including weather and previously afflicted status conditions. The success rate decreases each consecutive turn, or when consecutively used with Protect and Endure. The success rate is determined to begin with as 255/256 and is then divided by 2 each time, rounded down, eventually reaching 0/256 on the ninth turn. The moves Curse, Future Sight, Perish Song, Psych Up, Sketch and Transform are unaffected by Detect or Protect.

At the end of the maze, we reach a house.

: Here I have meditated. Inside me, a new power has been awakened. Let me share my power with your POKéMON. Take this, child.

: It draw out the power of POKéMON for attacking. Remember this: its type and power depend on the POKéMON using it.

I've gone over Hidden Power before, so you know how difficult it is to actually make use of it. But when you can, it's a great addition to a Pokemon's moveset. But due to how completely random it is, I wouldn't recommend actually considering it in a casual game.

Anyway, drat Wesley was standing on a Rare Candy. Frieda was also standing on a hidden item so it seems like something the siblings just do.

Now let's visit the actual lake. And we've found another Fishing Guru.

: The crater filled up with rainwater and the LAKE was formed. That's the story passed on from my Grandpa's great-great-grandpa. It used to be that you could catch lively MAGIKARP there, but... I don't understand what's happening.

Seems we've got some bad mojo happening at the lake. It can't be to do with this mysterious radio channel, right?

Strange Radio Signal

Eh, probably not.

Lake of Rage

Let's go and tackle the source of the problem. Hopefully it's this Pokemon, otherwise I'm out of ideas.

Oh look, a shiny. I can toss it onto the pile of other shiny Pokemon you guys gave me for the Battle Tower. Yawn.

Since this is a guaranteed shiny, you should've saved before this so you have no worries if you accidentally don't catch it. I mean, it's a free shiny, why not catch it?

Shiny Pokemon have the same catch rates as normal Pokemon, so it's never too hard to catch them, depending on the species.

Neat.

Maybe during this LP I'll get an actual shiny people care about. A man can dream.

We'll be making use of the Red Scale later. In the meantime, let's go say hi to a caped weirdo.

"nothing else..."

: So the MAGIKARP are being forced to evolve...

"rumors?"

: You're MARINA? I'm LANCE, a trainer like you. I heard some rumors, so I came to investigate... I saw the way you battled earlier, MARINA. I can tell that you're a trainer with considerable skill. If you don't mind, could you help me investigate?

If it gets me into the Gym, I'll do anything.

: It seems that the LAKE's MAGIKARP are being forced to evolve. A mysterious radio broadcast coming from MAHOGANY is the cause. I'll be waiting for you, MARINA.

What a strange, yet weirdly familiar, man.

Cherrygrove City

Alright, it's Mr. Pokemon time!

: That's rare! I, I want it... MARINA, would you care to trade it? I can offer this EXP.SHARE I got from PROF.OAK.

I'm annoyed we couldn't give this any earlier.

The Exp. Share is pretty great. A Pokemon holding it will get 50% of the experience gained by defeating Pokemon, no matter what. Though if it participated in the battle and then switched out, it would gain 75%. This is a great way to ensure that Mothra keeps getting experience every fight, speeding up its levels.

Alright, let's go help Mr Cape.

Not Just a Souvenir Shop, Something Suspicious about It, Need to Be Alarmed

Well that man is dead.

: Just as I thought, that strange radio signal is coming from here.

"way..."

I dunno how he knew either.

Try not to bleed out too much.

So it seems next time, we'll be infiltrating the mafia's hideout. Stay tuned!

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Side Notes 16: All That Glitters...

Shiny Pokemon are a new feature of Gen 2, to take full advantage of the Game Boy Colour. While later gens make them just mere incredibly rare palette swaps, they have a number of interesting quirks in the generation they were introduced. Let's go over them.

Firstly, a Pokemon being shiny is determined via their DVs, to keep compatibility with Gen 1. While you wouldn't know if a Pokemon was shiny in Gen 1, since its DVs never change, it'll be shiny no matter what Gen 1 game you trade it to no matter how many times. It's pretty genius adding all these features and still letting full two generation trading. The only DV to not determine this is HP, since it's determined through the other DVs, while the Attack DV is the most variable, needing to be 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14 or 15. Defense, Special and Speed DVs must all by 10 and voila, the Pokemon's Shiny. Therefore, a shiny Pokemon has a HP DV of either 0 or 8.

This does mean that a shiny Pokemon is above average in fighting ability, but it's not the best, obviously. Since the power creep isn't really a thing (in fact it kinda went down from last gen), it means that it's not a huge deal to use a shiny Pokemon competitively, especially if it's not a physical attacker. This is mainly due to propping up the lower stats with Stat Exp, which can do a lot to mitigate the lower DVs. However, depending on what you want your competitive Pokemon to do means it might not be the best Pokemon for the job.

There's a few interesting quirks shiny Pokemon have due to being calculated by DVs. Firstly, since gender is determined by the Attack DV and different gender ratios use different ranges of the Attack DV, so a Pokemon with a gender ratio of seven males to one female can never be female and shiny, as the highest Attack DV a female can have is 1 and the lowest a shiny Pokemon can have is 2. As I've mentioned before, only Unown I and V can by shiny due to DVs determining its letter. As Hidden Power is also calculated via DVs, the only types a shiny Pokemon can have is Grass or Dragon, with a power of either 49 or 69. There are not many Pokemon that can really make use of that. Finally, two shiny Pokemon cannot breed together as the game prevents two Pokemon from breeding if they have similar DVs.

So how exactly do you get a shiny Pokemon in this game? Well, the same way you get a Pokemon with perfect DVs: pray. It's pretty random and pretty out of your control... for the most part. The Red Gyarados has set DVs (0/14/10/10/10, for me at least), so it's pretty usable out of the gate. The Odd Egg has a 14% chance of hatching shiny in the international versions and a 50% chance of hatching shiny in the Japanese versions. Though since the Egg Ticket is no longer obtainable in Japan, it makes the point moot. Finally, as DVs are passed down through breeding in specific ways, breeding properly can give some species as high as a 1/64 chance of the offspring being shiny, though if the pair's DVs match too closely then they can't breed at all which makes it difficult to consistently pass down DVs. In all likelihood, the chance of the offspring having the same DVs as its opposite-gender parent is 1/512.

Lastly, there's just one Pokemon that cannot legitimately be shiny in Gen 2 and that's Mew. This does not count Mew obtained from the Mew Glitch, as it's like you're catching a regular wild Pokemon. But officially distributed Mew have set DVs and those were never able to be shiny. Otherwise, all other 250 Pokemon in Gen 2 can be shiny under the right circumstances, though legitimate non-Japanese shiny Celebi may not be possible due to a limited distribution in Nintendo Power and details from those early years are sketchy. Regardless, if you're lucky enough, you can find a shiny Pokemon. I did check all the Pokemon I caught in my Yellow LP and I believe none of them are shiny, though some did come close.

And that's everything to do with Shiny Pokemon. While they have some slight differences to normal Pokemon in this gen, it doesn't make them any less prized, though it's not a terrible idea to show them off in competitive battling. While you have a 1/8192 chance of finding one normally, it's still a chance. And one day, you'll find one without even trying. I know I did: a hatched Natu in Pokemon Diamond, though I didn't realize it was shiny at first, it was still a welcome surprise. I'm sure you've found one also, but if not, then you will, you just gotta keep playing.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Penultimate gym, game still throwing out Level 10s. What the gently caress.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Funky Valentine posted:

Penultimate gym, game still throwing out Level 10s. What the gently caress.

Welcome to Johto.

Also I hadn't realized that Mahogany was a city of ninja...mostly because there's no ninja whatsoever, in a game that actually does have ninja. I have to seriously wonder why, is it because of the hidden stairs?

About shinies, I actually got a shiny from the Odd Egg when I played Crystal: an Elekid. I also caught a shiny Venonat, fittingly enough for the update. That...apparently took all my luck though, as I didn't see another shiny until XY, where the rate of shinies was doubled. There I got a Smeargle in the Friend Safari and a Druddigon from an Egg using the Masuda Method, thus proving I can't get a shiny without relying on even more boosted rates...but when your encouter rate is so goddamn low, I'll take what I get.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

We're coming up on the one place I've ever found a random shiny.

I didn't catch it.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I think I've found four random shiny Pokemon, ever, three of them in Silver (makes sense, logged more hours than I have ever since managed on any subsequent game), and one recently in X, where I found a shiny Piloswine.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Welcome to Johto.

Also I hadn't realized that Mahogany was a city of ninja...mostly because there's no ninja whatsoever, in a game that actually does have ninja. I have to seriously wonder why, is it because of the hidden stairs?

About shinies, I actually got a shiny from the Odd Egg when I played Crystal: an Elekid. I also caught a shiny Venonat, fittingly enough for the update. That...apparently took all my luck though, as I didn't see another shiny until XY, where the rate of shinies was doubled. There I got a Smeargle in the Friend Safari and a Druddigon from an Egg using the Masuda Method, thus proving I can't get a shiny without relying on even more boosted rates...but when your encouter rate is so goddamn low, I'll take what I get.

I had the same exact reaction. There's absolutely no connection to ninjas in this whole town! Well, except Bulbapedia says ninjas used to reside in the town, but they have no citations, so...

Lance really does make an impression:

This artist has tons of great adorable art.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I would hate to be that random Team Rocket Grunt that came into work and got blasted by a Hyper Beam.

Also, if we ever revisit Lake of Rage in a future game, Hugh from B2/W2 needs to be there.

Blaze Dragon posted:

The best kind of ninja is the kind you don't even realize is there. :tinfoil:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jun 26, 2016

SkyTalon2314
Aug 8, 2013

I like Lance actually helping out in this next segment, more or less. It starts a nice tradition of NPCs actually doing something, rather than just standing around. Especially nice in B/W where the Gym Leaders (mostly) come to help beat up the villainous team at the end.

Also, I can't help myself: Mahogany.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Apparently the underground base we're about to invade used to be a ninja hideout, which is why Mahogany Town got known for ninjas.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

SkyTalon2314 posted:

I like Lance actually helping out in this next segment, more or less. It starts a nice tradition of NPCs actually doing something, rather than just standing around. Especially nice in B/W where the Gym Leaders (mostly) come to help beat up the villainous team at the end.

I knew exactly what that video was going to be because I say it the same way every time I say mahogany.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

I found a shiny Miltank in Emerald, which promptly ran away because gently caress the Safari Zone. A Shiny Unown in SoulSilver, which yeah no. Basically every shiny I've ever found was vendor trash.

As opposed to my younger brother, who received a shiny, max level, max stat Flygon with Pokerus in ORAS from Wonder Trade that, if PokeBank is to be believed, was 100% legit.

What I'm saying is gently caress shinies forever.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

I've boxed every shiny I've ever gotten because I prefer the standard colours, but they've all been uniformly useless pokemon anyway.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I caught/traded for a few Shinies, which is alright, but the shinies I actually bred on accident had terrible IVs, so I boxed them forever.

I also prefer regular colors.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The only wild shiny I've found was a moldy tauros with a modest nature.

What I'm getting out of all this is that there are a ton of bad shiny spawns and people freak out about them anyways.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I've never caught a shiny, or even seen a wild one besides Red Gyarados, but a friend traded me his Black Charizard.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I got a shiny :psyduck: in Diamond once.

...that's it, in my 16 years of playing Pokemon. :negative:

beru04
May 4, 2013

Stop making me realise things.
In the same save, I got a Shiny Zubat and Caterpie.

Not awful, tbf.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I've only found one shiny, a Butterfree. Not the most useful critter in the world, though one was a mainstay of my first RBY team back when I was young and stupid (smart enough to realize psychic was good, dumb enough to load up a Butterfree with Confusion, Psychic, Psywave, and Sleep Powder).

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
My first shiny was... Unown. In Silver version. Not a great start.

And then Zubat and Registeel in Ruby. I actually like Crobat, so this was great. :allears:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
The only time I ever saw a wild shiny was a Grawler. It knew explode...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i caught a shiny rhyhorn in platinum, can't remember how i ever got him to become ryhperior but eh, he's not great anyway

i had a bunch of shinys in silver, but the only one i can actually remember was shiny scyther

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I've been extremely lucky when it comes to shinies. My shiny count might be up to 30 by now? The only shiny that I've intentionally hunted for was a Torchic many many years ago and it only took a week of soft-resetting.

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007
Not including wonder trades, I've found 2 random shinies in my life. The first was a shiny sentret during a playthrough of silver. I used it for the whole game and it was terrible. The second one was during my first ever playthrough of Omega Ruby. My starter mudkip was shiny. It didn't have a terrible nature (not great either), and the IVs were decent. I love her and use her all the time while training competitive pokes.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

SkyTalon2314 posted:

I keep forgetting how...rough the first season of DBZA was.

Roro posted:

I've boxed every shiny I've ever gotten because I prefer the standard colours, but they've all been uniformly useless pokemon anyway.

Shiny Houndoom and Pinsir look AMAZING.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Found a shiny growlithe in FR once as a kid. I blew my top.

When youre a kid shiny pokemon seem to do more damage and just be cooler.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I found a Shiny Zubat in Mt. Moon in Silver. I was not happy, because it escaped from all of my very limited pokeballs and, being a Kanto area pokemon, it couldn't take a hit.

Then I didn't see another one (over the course of like every other version, plus repeated plays of RSE) until a shiny magnemite in HGSS' postgame. Had I not had a Zangoose with False Swipe for capturing other things, I would have been equally mad! In what can only be a divine joke I got a Shiny Zangoose (mercifully not in a horde of seviper) in X. I'd meant to use it in AS but forgot about it; woops.

meanwhile all my friends are just tripping over shinies

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I managed to get a shiny Magnemite and a shiny Machop in my most recent run through X version. Ended up using them both :P

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I got a shiny Poochyenna in Emerald right after my dog died so I named it Izza after her

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I found a shiny Litwick in Gen V, and boy did it wreck faces. I really like the color scheme for the Shiny Litwick line too. Had a really good set of IVs. I don't know if my reaction would have been :getin: or :gonk: if Chandelure ever got Shadow Tag.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

I think the only time I chained deliberately for a shiny was in X/Y and I got a Relicanth. Buuuut I had a water type that I preferred and never used it.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Solumin posted:

Lance really does make an impression:

This artist has tons of great adorable art.
I love Lance's train of thought here. "I don't care that you're a red shirt nobody. gently caress you, Hyper Beam." A very interesting way to introduce yourself to the player character, to say the least.

Re: Shiny chat: The only wild shiny I've ever caught was a shiny Houndour in Platinum. Never got one before or since.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
I remember way back I thought it was a RARECandyBar and would always tell people to grab as many as possible whenever they where available. I had only played through the game once or twice at this point and had no way to look into it to correct my mistake. When I found out the truth I was bummed but decided to use the idea of a RareCandyBar in these pretend Pokemon games I used to create all the time as a kid.

On that note I really do love the name "Cake of Rage" that Doug Dinsdale came up with. Glad he got better say in latter games.

On the subject of shinies my best story comes from Diamond. While traveling with Buck in Stark Mountain we come across a shiny Golbat. Since it's a double battle I had to quickly get rid of his Claydol before it could use any Psychic moves and whatever the other Pokemon was which I've forgotten at this point. Remember that this cave has a few things that can explode. I managed to catch Golbat and went back to the PokeCener to check it out. I went back to traveling with Buck and unbelievable as it seems we run into a shiny Graveler! This time I'm even more anxious considering so many more things can go wrong here. Luckily I was also able to catch this one.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

The first shiny I ever found was in Crystal, and it was a shiny Onix, too. I feel like I found other shinies in the game, but it's been so long ago. I even remember when a friend asked me how you could get a shiny starter, as we looked up on this one website where to obtain shiny Pokemon, and the site only mentions that you just have to get the starter at the beginning of the game.

Oh those childhood memories.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

First Shiny not in Gen 2: loving Ditto. You'd think they'd throw us a bone and have him transform into the shiny versions? No. He doesn't.
Soulsiver, Safari Zone.

FriskyBoat
Apr 23, 2011
My first shiny was while I was EV training some Pokemon in X and Y. I can't remember what it was, but I think I was on the same route as the breeder. I think it might have been a Psyduck? I can't remember. I just remember I was super excited even though it was something I'd never use, since I'd never gotten a shiny outside of the Gyrados in Gen 2 before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I ran into a few shinies in Silver, but those are long gone thanks to the crummy save battery and my lack of care for Shinies back then or it would have been in Pokemon Stadium 2. I've only ever been infected with Pokerus once, while beating the game for a friend - to which I freaked out since I thought a virus was something bad and shut the game off without saving. I was a very overly paranoid child....

Recently I ended up breeding a Shiny Tododile while getting a 5IV monster. It probably has 4 IVs, I never did check since I didn't actually notice it was shiny until I was collecting and grouping them up in the Pokebank.

This LP encouraged me to try out Politoed, I didn't mind it. Having a fairly standard set it had nice synergy with my Swift Swim Kingdra. I'm also thinking about trying a Gen 2 misfits team. There's probably enough pokemon that never evolve nor have good stats or movepools even to this day from Gen 2 I could make a team out of.

• Locked thread