Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
A good strat for Hanzo is to just hang back and try for easy body shots until your ult is up, then take a swing at the PotG. It works on every map mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Zorodius posted:

I'm just terrible with Hanzo's arrows. I rarely play him, but, any tips on knowing how much to lead people/how high to arc?

Spam them in choke points and watch as his retarded hitboxes score you tons of sick headshots while contributing nothing else to the team. Save your ult for a potg

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
https://www.twitch.tv/joshog is showing the game finally

the mix of red and blue interface elements makes it super confusing when they're switching between players

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Zorodius posted:

I'm just terrible with Hanzo's arrows. I rarely play him, but, any tips on knowing how much to lead people/how high to arc?

Honest to god just play him. There's really no way to tell how much to lead, you have to just instinctively aim and fire.

Or just spam arrows at head height into the objective and get gold medal eliminations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hanzo is like Junkrat in that you can just shoot blindly and kill people. Unlike Junkrat though, Hanzo isn't fun to play, and he doesn't contribute to the team and people that play him are useless and I hate them

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Teikanmi posted:

at least that's what I imagine every time I get randomly headshot by one as I'm coming around a corner and he's just firing arrows indiscriminately at nothing and happens to catch me

what I'm trying to say here is: gently caress Hanzo, and gently caress people who play him.

We probably saw you coming with our wallhack arrow.

Also learn to play. :getin:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I still don't understand Hanzo's scatter arrow. Sometimes it does basically nothing and sometimes it seems to instantly kill me from full health. I have no idea how it works or what to do against it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Teikanmi posted:

become a poopsocking otaku who cums into plastic bottles and spend 18 hours a day perfecting the art of Hanzo whilst popping your back pimples, subsequently rubbing its sick between your index finger and thumb and taking a big whiff as you press Q

at least that's what I imagine every time I get randomly headshot by one as I'm coming around a corner and he's just firing arrows indiscriminately at nothing and happens to catch me

what I'm trying to say here is: gently caress Hanzo, and gently caress people who play him.

What an awful post.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

I still don't understand Hanzo's scatter arrow. Sometimes it does basically nothing and sometimes it seems to instantly kill me from full health. I have no idea how it works or what to do against it.
aim at peoples feet, so they get hit by all the... splinters? That pop out of it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea it scatters from the point of impact so if it's right under someone's feet, they'll take most if not all of them and die

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

The angle of the scatter arrows seems to depend on the angle that the initial arrow hit at. If it hits the wall/floor at a low angle, the scatter will tend to go basically the same way the original arrow went. If it hits the wall/floor straight-on, it'll tend to reflect the arrows back the way they came. In general, anyway. So if you're at the same level as someone, aiming a scatter arrow to hit the ground just a bit in front of them should get them with pretty much all the arrows, which should instakill basically any character.

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

They need to implement a limit per classes. Just played a match on Watchpoint Gibraltar against 6 Bastions that was really dumb and boring.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ZentraediElite posted:

They need to implement a limit per classes.

I disagree.

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

Countblanc posted:

I disagree.

What realistic scenario do you need more than two of any class?

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
My problem with fighting all bastion teams on PC is that it does require some teamwork in order to slog through them, which sucks in quick-play. Even in 4-5 man premades, we've struggled just because you need everyone to be skilled with Bastion counters.

Edit: And then you get pubbies that stay locked in with Tracer. Which can do nothing against bastion armor until her ult is up.

Trisk
Feb 12, 2005

ZentraediElite posted:

They need to implement a limit per classes. Just played a match on Watchpoint Gibraltar against 6 Bastions that was really dumb and boring.

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/745716470173171712

ZentraediElite
Oct 22, 2002

I understand switching to counter the enemy, which I did, but when the rest of your team doesn't get the idea it kinda kills the match. Granted, i've only experienced this in 2 matches out of however many I've played, but it results in a clunker which also seems counter to the experience Blizz wants.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

ZentraediElite posted:

What realistic scenario do you need more than two of any class?

Most gimmick comps aren't actually very resilient once people start counterpicking so I'm not sure why anyone needs to justify their existence when they're mainly good for steamrolling uncoordinated teams. Furthermore, nobody who's ever brought up the notion of hero limits since Overwatch was released has also come up with a system for doing so that also wouldn't result in approximately 500% more bitching and frustration than already exists with regard to people slam-picking heroes and getting mad about team comp.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Has anyone said "Qverwatch: Just press Q" yet

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Watching Cloud9 vs Northern Gaming man they are so good. Makes me want to git gud too. LG vs Envy should be great.

Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

showering has no effect on germs and is terrible for your skin. there is no good reason to do it

Kai Tave posted:

Most gimmick comps aren't actually very resilient once people start counterpicking so I'm not sure why anyone needs to justify their existence when they're mainly good for steamrolling uncoordinated teams.

Yeah pretty much. Playing against a bad team with an even worse team is always terrible. At least character stacking has the potential to be hilariously bad instead of just banal.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Despite forfeiting the semifinals, Northern Gaming picks up 3rd place after some entertainingly close matches against Cloud 9

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
To put it another way, if the issue is your team won't counterpick appropriately, character limits aren't really going to improve that issue, and it's still an issue if even one player on the opposing team is wrecking face as whoever.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Luminosity is getting wrecked by EnVyUs, 3-0 on a best of 7 style tournament

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

ZentraediElite posted:

The opening for that map is turret heaven (or hell, depending on which side you're on). Once you break into the tunnel area, Bastion isn't really a problem.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
A good strategy for Hanzo is not to play him because he's garbage. If you get good at him you'll actually be worse at Overwatch unless you keep playing as him because his mechanics don't work like anybody elses' so you can't really transfer anything he does to anyone else.

This is why people who play Hanzo never play anyone else. They're playing their own separate luck-based RNG game.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

It's simple geometry.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

ItBurns posted:

It's simple geometry.

Don't be obtuse.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

A Tracer was chasing me down in Route 66 and I panicked and placed a portal smack-dab in the middle of the road, how embarrassing~!

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
is there something else going on apart from the stream at https://www.twitch.tv/joshog

also what are good characters to pick against six reapes on KOTH? run into that on Ilos while playing with a buddy, we both went pharah but the rest of the team kept enhaging the edgelords in close quarters :(

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

Ragequit posted:

Don't be obtuse.
Hanzo's a cheating scumbag. Now's not the time to be making acute puns.

Any Mei players want to chime in on how to reliably land shots with her alt fire? I've spent some time trying her on this week's brawl and I'm aghast at just how poorly I play

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Envy did some serious curbstomping.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Mechanism Eight posted:

Any Mei players want to chime in on how to reliably land shots with her alt fire? I've spent some time trying her on this week's brawl and I'm aghast at just how poorly I play

Carefully freeze the opposing player, then stand in front of them, calmly take aim and execute them with a headshot like a cold blooded psychopath that Mei is.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Junkrat Talk.

A friend of mine said "Hey Junkrat isn't always the best choice for every map man..." So I played support for a bit, because I think he just wanted to stop playing Lucio.

BUT... Is that true? Where does Junkrat fall behind and how? I like Junkrat on Payload, because I can defend the payload really well, and his traps are so mobile. I like him on KotH and CP for the same reason, I can zone people out, and keep them off the objective to attack while on Offense, and I can do the same on defense. I am not sure where Junkrat would be terrible, but it would strike me as absurd if Blizzard actually made a hero that's always a #1 pick on any map.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

Junkrat Talk.

A friend of mine said "Hey Junkrat isn't always the best choice for every map man..." So I played support for a bit, because I think he just wanted to stop playing Lucio.

BUT... Is that true? Where does Junkrat fall behind and how? I like Junkrat on Payload, because I can defend the payload really well, and his traps are so mobile. I like him on KotH and CP for the same reason, I can zone people out, and keep them off the objective to attack while on Offense, and I can do the same on defense. I am not sure where Junkrat would be terrible, but it would strike me as absurd if Blizzard actually made a hero that's always a #1 pick on any map.

Junkrat is good on every map in every situation. He's the best character in the game. Please do not listen to your stupid idiot friend who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mechanism Eight posted:

Hold down the right click, you fire out the icicles faster then you'd think. You're shorter then most heroes, and theirs a slight drop to her shots, and hit boxes are very generous for headshots, so aim up a bit. Use Icewall before shooting, they'll stand still when they back up into it.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
My only problem with the Torbjorn nerf is that Blizz said going into this that they wanted to get away from nerf-centric balance changes and instead change the balance by buffing and expanding counter-play options. Yet, here we are and the only balance changes we've seen have been nerfs of a very sledgehammer variety, while character buffs are still in "Welllllll...we're experimenting with some things..." limbo.

Maybe it was too much to hope for.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Rocketlex posted:

My only problem with the Torbjorn nerf is that Blizz said going into this that they wanted to get away from nerf-centric balance changes and instead change the balance by buffing and expanding counter-play options. Yet, here we are and the only balance changes we've seen have been nerfs of a very sledgehammer variety, while character buffs are still in "Welllllll...we're experimenting with some things..." limbo.

How are you supposed to develop a counterplay option that can counteract a 2 second 720 damage burst? The Torb nerf is solely because console players can't aim for poo poo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Rocketlex posted:

That was a stupid thing for them to say and I bet they regret saying that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bolow posted:

How are you supposed to develop a counterplay option that can counteract a 2 second 720 damage burst? The Torb nerf is solely because console players can't aim for poo poo

I would have to agree McCree and Torb could only have been fixed with nerfs. I still think they will buff things soon Dva will most likely get a dps buff or less spread.