Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

R.D. Mangles posted:

derrick rose is going to be back as gently caress at his first game at the uc and go for 50.

The Zogoputer confirmed that Angry Return Games are real and players definitely do show up to burn their ex-teams

Perhaps has more to do with them having many practices against the system rather than Pure Raw Resentment powering on-court performance but I prefer to pretend it's the other way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Spacebump posted:

Why is Durant giving the Knicks a meeting? Respect for Phil Jackson? If he left a team with Westbrook for the Knicks, lol.

Same reason why Aldridge got in a meeting with the Lakers. A lot of these players just want to experience being courted since people like Durant haven't have been in real free agency in 9 years.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Spacebump posted:

Why is Durant giving the Knicks a meeting? Respect for Phil Jackson? If he left a team with Westbrook for the Knicks, lol.

Why not?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Taking a meeting and having people buy you a nice dinner and tell you that you're awesome is probs pretty fun and sometimes you get to laugh at Mark Cuban for being a huge goober and making himself the star of a comic book

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

Taking a meeting and having people buy you a nice dinner and tell you that you're awesome is probs pretty fun and sometimes you get to laugh at Mark Cuban for being a huge goober and making himself the star of a comic book

There's a Mark Cuban comic book? What's it called?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dejan Bimble posted:

There's a Mark Cuban comic book? What's it called?

I think they made it when they were recruiting Dwight the first time? I don't know if he starred in it but he was definitely prominently featured and that seemed very Mark Cuban to me.

The Kenosha Kid
Sep 15, 2007

You never did.
I think Dellavedova starts if the Bucks get him. He won't be expected to do much more than guard opposing pgs, make catch-and-shoot threes and throw lobs if he plays next to Giannis, and they were already experimenting with MCW coming off the bench before he got injured.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Hi everybody I would like Durant on the Knicks

well thanks for listening, peace out

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Dejan Bimble posted:

Views: time for the team USA cowards to fill a big barge with clean water and return to the olympics, as they should

Harden is too busy, I heard from a reliable source he's spending the whole off season working on glutes

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

I think they made it when they were recruiting Dwight the first time? I don't know if he starred in it but he was definitely prominently featured and that seemed very Mark Cuban to me.

http://www.scout.com/nba/mavericks/story/1642084-mavs-trade-for-dwight-not-even-a-phone-call

http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/07/dwight-howard-flash-car-inside-photos/

Dwight Howard is an adult baby, so it was a good try

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

MourningView posted:

Free trip to NYC, I'd take it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Everyone is meeting in his LA home so no free trips.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Durant should go East so we can have Durant vs. LeBron ECF every year.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Libertine posted:

As an example, The Wind Horse is saying on ESPN that Bucks and Pistons are both prepared to offer Delly $10m/yr

How do you possibly prepare for something like that.

It's like taking out a life insurance policy on your sick child.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I do not like Dwight Howard.

Sincerely,
A Magic fan

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/RandyRozaay/status/747167434398904320

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
"I'm a Businessman That Plays Basketball" Hassan Whiteside

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

EvanTH posted:

The Zogoputer confirmed that Angry Return Games are real and players definitely do show up to burn their ex-teams

Perhaps has more to do with them having many practices against the system rather than Pure Raw Resentment powering on-court performance but I prefer to pretend it's the other way.

If anything I would think playing against your former team would be harder in that their players and staffs have played with and against you so many times that they know your strengths and weaknesses more than anyone else (for rose it's the knees) so it actually is pure resentment fueling these performances

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Phil's pitch to Durant will simply be that he will tell Durant to remember the pain he felt from losing to the warriors in the playoffs and then promising to him that he will never experience that pain ever again and it would be a true statement from the heart

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
If I was Durant I'd probably look at any East team that could filed a couple good guys next to me.

So, like, not the Knicks but maybe it's a start?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

KD to the Bucks to complete the wingspan theater

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Does Durant perhaps have one of those clauses where he gets even more money dollars to go to NY/LA?

ah here it is: http://fansided.com/2015/10/07/kevin-durants-nike-deal-encourages-move-big-market/

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

If anything I would think playing against your former team would be harder in that their players and staffs have played with and against you so many times that they know your strengths and weaknesses more than anyone else (for rose it's the knees) so it actually is pure resentment fueling these performances

Resentment, and knowing what they know. Who knows their own habits better than the individual owner of said habits. You go left when you would go right, you set a screen halfway stronger or weaker, you slow down on a cut, etc

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spacebump posted:

"I'm a Businessman That Plays Basketball" Hassan Whiteside

Sounds like a guy I want to sign.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

You guys ever see a chicken fly a few feet? That's what this video reminds me of

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Resentment, and knowing what they know. Who knows their own habits better than the individual owner of said habits. You go left when you would go right, you set a screen halfway stronger or weaker, you slow down on a cut, etc

ah yes, the kwisatch haderach scheme

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

It's not the norm to have four different champions consecutively. This probably won't continue much longer:

code:
Season 		Lg 	Champion 
2015-16 	NBA 	Cleveland Cavaliers 
2014-15 	NBA 	Golden State Warriors 
2013-14 	NBA 	San Antonio Spurs 
2012-13 	NBA 	Miami Heat 

2008-09 	NBA 	Los Angeles Lakers 
2007-08 	NBA 	Boston Celtics 
2006-07 	NBA 	San Antonio Spurs 
2005-06 	NBA 	Miami Heat 

1980-81 	NBA 	Boston Celtics 
1979-80 	NBA 	Los Angeles Lakers 
1978-79 	NBA 	Seattle SuperSonics 
1977-78 	NBA 	Washington Bullets 
1976-77 	NBA 	Portland Trail Blazers 

1974-75 	NBA 	Golden State Warriors 
1973-74 	NBA 	Boston Celtics 
1972-73 	NBA 	New York Knicks 
1971-72 	NBA 	Los Angeles Lakers 
1970-71 	NBA 	Milwaukee Bucks 

1957-58 	NBA 	St. Louis Hawks 
1956-57 	NBA 	Boston Celtics 
1955-56 	NBA 	Philadelphia Warriors 
1954-55 	NBA 	Syracuse Nationals 
1953-54 	NBA 	Minneapolis Lakers 
Perhaps by playing Ezeli and Barnes Kerr has motivated the Warriors to win 75 games next year and begin a 4peat.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Should we do an offseason wishlist thread?

R.D. Mangles posted:

1. new owner
2. new front office
3. every time i turn on a bulls game someone hits me with a commuter train

You keep saying you want to be hit by commuter trains. Why not go with a fully loaded freight train hauling 35,000 tons?

More speed and more witnesses?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The end of Skip Bayless on ESPN:
https://youtu.be/DvahsC_WgKI?t=8m7s

Ammanas posted:

Lazy, stupid, immature, takes plays/games off, breaks defense for stats, had a couple of stupid nba-violent incidents last year

Also he's been playing pro basketball for like a decade yet acts/plays like a rookie

I'm a supporter of Whiteside as long as he keeps up his WS/48 ranking.

#7 WS/48 last season. Nestled securely between LBJ and Enes Kanter.

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

He's just gonna dine n dash

I think it was DeAndre Jordan or LMA who kept meeting with the Lakers and getting more meals.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Sabonis the second will complete in the Olympics for Lithuania :getin:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
2016-17 is a good year to tank. Especially if you need a point guard. Maybe Phoenix will trade Barry Bledsoe and just let it ride. Philadelphia is still going to be very bad.

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes....f63b96c70b.html

My friend Dario could opt out of his contract in Turkey, and play this year, the deadline is july 17.

Saric, Luwawu, and Korkmaz all have the same agent, Misko Raznatovic

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jun 27, 2016

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Dejan Bimble posted:

2016-17 is a good year to tank. Especially if you need a point guard. Maybe Phoenix will trade Barry Bledsoe and just let it ride. Philadelphia is still going to be very bad.

Should be interesting where the Lakers pick ends up for them. And maybe Boston will finally get a franchise player with the Nets swap.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hand Row posted:

Should be interesting where the Lakers pick ends up for them. And maybe Boston will finally get a franchise player with the Nets swap.

No faith in Jaylen Brown huh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dejan Bimble posted:

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes....f63b96c70b.html

My friend Dario could opt out of his contract in Turkey, and play this year, the deadline is july 17.

Saric, Luwawu, and Korkmaz all have the same agent, Misko Raznatovic

a Sixers starting lineup this year:

Luwawu-Cabarrot, Korkmaz, Simmons, Saric, Embiid

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

euphronius posted:

a Sixers starting lineup this year:

Luwawu-Cabarrot, Korkmaz, Simmons, Saric, Embiid

It's pretty exciting :gerty:

They're going to be like a summer league team all year long, it should be fun

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 27, 2016

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I hope the Sixers field a real team this year.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The Milwaukee Spiders

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

I hope the Sixers field a real team this year.

definitely will.

They have a good shot at 25 wins.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

The Milwaukee Spiders

We are witnesses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

The Milwaukee Spiders

(Parker isnt big and Monroe will be traded)

• Locked thread