Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Defiance Industries posted:

You know what else is really good? The Starslayer.

Potential nickname for Duncan's Atlas spotted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Dolash posted:

Potential nickname for Duncan's Atlas spotted.

Aim high, call it the binary burster.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Not grand enough. How about Galaxy Buster?

Servicio en Espanol
Feb 5, 2009
I've a soft spot for the Vindicator, largely because it feels like a mass-produced Commie poo poo-box designed to roll over you in a wave of unimaginative, insultingly-ugly functionality.

Judicator65
Feb 4, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

For pre-invasion inner sphere, I've always liked the Phoenix Hawk as a good general all-around battlemech. Not just for armament and speed, but also affordability, commonality across the 'sphere, it's cheap in BV terms so you can field plenty of them, and really it's only severe drawback is the machine gun ammo. The 1D variant fixes that by dumping the machine guns in favor of heat sinks.

For good all-around heavy battlemechs I like the Warhammer, both the default 6R and the uparmored 6D. The 6K is another good mod, dumping just the MGs for heat sinks, much like the phoenix hawk 1D.

For light mechs I love the Jenner, and for assaults, I suppose you can't go wrong with an Atlas, but I like the Battlemaster and the Highlander for all-around versatile combat machines. And there's a soft spot in my heart for the Dildo Mech, the Stalker: you gotta love a machine that has 20 heat sinks and still spikes ridiculous overheat with an alpha strike. In any case it's also a good all-rounder with armament for every range, no machine guns, and a surprisingly reasonable cost for an 85 tonner.

The only thing I don't like about the PHawk is that PPC magnet head (only 6 armor). Warhammer isn't bad, but the armor's a little light for it's size. Like DI, I prefer the Thunderbolt. Jenner is nice, especially the -F, but I prefer the FFL-4A Firefly for it's firepower.

I like a lot of the lightly expanded tech 'mechs, personally. I love the ST-8A Shootist, for example, which makes a nice counterpart to the Starslayer. I have a soft spot for the old BL-7 Black Knights. I like the basic Gallowglas, too, even if the armor is a bit light.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Air Raid: Tactical Update 16

“They are getting away,” the Sea Fox Locust leaned forward, preparing to sprint after the fleeing mercenary company. Under normal circumstances the fleet light `Mech would have no trouble catching up with the mercenary band, even in the tight confines of a train tunnel. “Pursuing.”

“Do not,” Mechwarrior Ath stared at the retreating `Mechs. He was neither surprised that the honorless mercenaries had retreated nor particularly upset. They’d fought—and some of them had even fought well—but his experience told him that throwing good pilots after them would be a mistake. “They retreat into the tunnels because they undoubtedly have them mined. If the first cave-in does not get you, the second or third undoubtedly will. Let them have this minor victory—they have destroyed a few `Mechs and a few light aircraft, but the war will yet be ours.”

He drew his machine to a walk then, giving up the breakneck sprint he’d begun in an effort to catch up with his prey. Another battle without a kill was no stain on his codex, it would simply be lost among all the others. Another battle without dying was a personal disappointment, but no harm to the Clan. That the Republic had sent an unknown number of their robotic walking bombs through the tunnels was a greater immediate concern. “Mechwarriors, we earn no glory today but we yet have our duty. Return to your patrols and defend the airfield. It is going to be a very long night.”

Movement Phase

Shooting Phase
Grasshopper (Player)
- Fires Large X-Pulse Laser at Black Python (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Python (4 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 11): rolled 8, miss!
- Gains 30 heat, sinks 30!

Screamer (Player)
- Fires rER PPC at Black Python (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 9): rolled 8, miss!
- - Plasma arcs to Center Torso (7/12 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Black Python (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 11, hit Right Leg (20/27 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Black Python (2 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 8, hit Right Leg (13/27 armor remaining)!
- Gains 28 heat, sinks 25!

Grendel Epsilon
- No Line of Sight to target!
- Gains 7 heat, sinks 20!

Wolverine IIC 2
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 2637!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Grasshopper (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Grasshopper (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 11, 2 missiles hit Center Torso (37/60 armor remaining), Right Torso (31/60 armor remaining)!
- Fires Streak SRM-2 at Grasshopper (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 7, miss!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 20!

Great Wyrm 1
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Revenant Emergency First Responder (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Revenant Emergency First Responder (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Revenant Emergency First Responder (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Revenant Emergency First Responder (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (9/12 armor remaining)!
- Fires LRM-10 at Revenant Emergency First Responder (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 20!

Hellfire
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 34!

Stalking Spider
- Holds fire!
- Gains 5 heat, sinks 22!

Great Wyrm 2
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Revenant Emergency First Responder (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Revenant Emergency First Responder (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Revenant Emergency First Responder (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Small Laser at Revenant Emergency First Responder (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 4, miss!
- Fires LRM-10 at Revenant Emergency First Responder (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 9, 6 missiles hit Left Front Leg (6/11 armor remaining), Center Torso (8/12 armor remaining)!

Hellstar
- Holds fire
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 60!

Black Python 2
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Screamer (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 5 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Screamer (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 5 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Screamer (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 5 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 6, miss!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Screamer (3 base + 0 range + 3 movement + 5 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 1 targeting computer - 2 pulse laser = 9): rolled 4, miss!
- Gains 33 heat, sinks 28! Overheating!

Spirit
- No Line of Sight to target!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 22!

Vixen
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Revenant Patroller (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (0/12 armor, 2/10 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Revenant Patroller (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Revenant Patroller (4 base + 0 range + 1 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 8, hit Left Front Leg (2/11 armor remaining)!
- Gains 22 heat, sinks 20!

Howler 3 1
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 20!

Thresher 1
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 26!

Pinion
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 28!

Griffin IIC
- Holds fire!

Thresher 1
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 26!

Galahad
- Holds fire!

Rifleman IIC 2 1
- Holds fire!

Rifleman IIC 2 2
- Holds fire!

Clint IIC
- Holds fire!

Black Python 1
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 28!

Burrock
- Holds fire!
- Gains 2 heat, sinks 40!

Locust IIC 4
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Grasshopper (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 7): rolled 9, hit Center Torso (30/60 armor remaining)!
- Gains 7 heat, sinks 20!

Crimson Hawk
- Fires ER Large Laser at Grasshopper (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 heat = 8): rolled 7, miss!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Grasshopper (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain + 1 heat = 8): rolled 11, hit Left Torso (20/40 armor remaining)! TAC!
- Gains 28 heat, sinks 20! Overheating!

Revenant Patroller 1
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Spirit (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (5/11 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Spirit (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Arm (5/11 armor remaining)!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Spirit (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 8, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Spirit (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 8, miss!

Revenant Evader 1
- Holds fire!
- Gains 12 heat, sinks 20!

Revenant Patroller 2
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Clint IIC (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 10, hit Right Leg (10/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at Clint IIC (4 base + 2 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Clint IIC (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires ER Medium Laser at Clint IIC (4 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 heavy rain = 10): rolled 9, miss!

Revenant Evader 2
- Holds fire!

Revenant Emergency First Responder 2
- Explodes!
- - Great Wyrm 1 suffers 90 damage in the explosion to Center Torso (11/16 armor remaining), Right Torso (7/12 armor remaining), Left Leg (11/16 armor remaining), Center Torso (6/16 armor remaining), Left Torso (7/12 armor remaining), Center Torso (1/16 armor remaining), Left Leg (6/16 armor remaining), Left Arm (5/10 armor remaining), Left Arm (0/10 armor remaining), Left Torso (2/12 armor remaining), Left Torso (0/12 armor, 8/11 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Torso (2/12 armor remaining), Right Arm (5/10 armor remaining), Left Leg (1/16 armor remaining), Left Arm (2/7 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Arm (0/7 structure remaining (Arm blown off! Damage transfers to Left Torso (5/11 structure remaining (Crit!))), Right Leg (11/16 armor remaining), Left Arm Torso (0/11 structure remaining (Torso destroyed!))!
- - Great Wyrm 2 suffers 90 damage in the explosion to Left Leg (11/16 armor remaining), Right Torso (7/12 armor remaining), Left Leg (6/16 armor remaining), Right Arm (5/10 armor remaining), Right Torso (2/12 armor remaining), Left Torso (7/12 armor remaining), Center Torso (11/16 armor remaining), Right Arm (0/10 armor remaining), Right Arm (2/7 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Arm (5/10 armor remaining), Right Leg (11/16 armor remaining), Left Torso (2/12 armor remaining), Right Arm (0/7 structure remaining (Arm blown off! Damage transfers to Right Torso (0/12 armor, 10/11 structure remaining! (Crit!))), Right Torso (5/11 structure remaining (Crit!)), Center Torso (6/11 armor remaining), Left Torso (0/12 armor, 8/11 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Torso (3/11 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Torso (0/11 structure remaining (Torso destroyed!))!
- - Hellstar suffers 23 damage in the explosion to Right Arm (27/32 armor remaining), Center Torso (40/45 armor remaining), Right Arm (22/32 armor remaining), Left Leg (35/40 armor remaining), Left Leg (32/40 armor remaining)!
- Gains ∞ heat, sinks 20!

End Phase
Great Wyrm 1
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 4, fails!
- - Suffers 5 damage in the fall to Right Leg (6/11 armor remaining)

Great Wyrm 2
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 4, No critical hits sustained!
- Critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 5, No critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 9, succeeds!

Hellstar
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (2 base + 1 massive damage = 3): rolled 12, succeeds!

[No Image]

Player Status:

Ally Status:

Opposing Force Status:

Objective Status

Heavy Rain – +1 penalty to all weapon attacks and piloting tests, all non-concrete hexes count as mud hexes

Lightning Strikes – Lightning has a chance to strike up to four random hexes each turn, inflicting 4-10 damage to units struck.

Rain Devils – Micro-tornadoes disperse and destroy infantry. Contact may knock over BattleMechs, all weapons fire drawn through a Rain Devil automatically misses the target. BattleMechs may expend all of their MP for a turn to brace, providing a -2 bonus to piloting tests to avoid being knocked over.

Mission Objective:
Primary Objectives
- Endure for at least 1 minute (complete)
- - Endure for at least 2 minutes (failed)
- Raid the Airfield
- Don’t be Captured

Secondary Objectives
- Accrue Bounty (44,300,000 c-bills / 66,450,000 goods)
- - Infantry Units Killed: 6 (50,000 c-bills each)
- - Light `Mechs: 9 (1,000,000 c-bills each)
- - Medium `Mechs: 6 (2,000,000 c-bills each)
- - Heavy ` Mechs: 3 (3,000,000 c-bills each)
- - Assault `Mechs: 3 (4,000,000 c-bills each)
- Grounded Aircraft: 8 (250,000 c-bills each)

- Last Mission’s Bounty: 18,000,000 c-bills (27,000,000 goods)
- Total Accumulated Bounty: 62,300,000 c-bills (93,450,000 goods)

After-Action Report:
Well now. Sometimes matches go poorly. Sometimes matches go well. Sometimes a match goes so inexplicably well that, over the course of a single scenario of average length, a single company humiliates the rough equivalent of a Cluster of Clanners from four different Solamha units. I have to say I did not see that coming, so to all my players: well done. Even those of you who might feel you didn’t perform as well as, say, the Atlas? You were pulling your weight, keeping me honest, and soaking up all the bad luck so other players could get their killstreaks going. 21 enemy `Mechs killed to one `Mech lost. If the Rim Worlders had an army of you guys, they’d be standing on Strana Mechty right now.

Vote time, you know the drill, except this time please pick two player MVPs, and neither of them can be the Atlas because it’s getting an MVP regardless. Unless someone makes an argument that convinces me otherwise, I’m not going to post an opforce MVP this mission since none of them earned it. A good argument on a Solamha pilot’s behalf might convince me otherwise, but they’re second-line Clanners. They know why they're not getting kudos for this.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 27, 2016

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
You did it, guys. You are all winners. Go home and be a family man etc.

I really have no idea who to pick for MVP, it's been such a big scenario with so many moments. I think Dadlas Rampage kind of overshadowed it all for me.

Keru fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 27, 2016

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Oh to be fly on the wall when someone has to tell command that they just lost 20 something mechs and an airfield in exchange for one mech. :smug:

Both MVPs go to Boom Doggies

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 27, 2016

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Voting
Ronin of Dreams in the Dragoon II for exceptionally lucky shooting and
Vorenus in the Stag for bad dice soaking above and beyond the call of duty

e: Although Legendary Bovine did some great work too, especially taking out that one Aerospace fighter that took a chunk out of the Atlas's back.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Player MVPs:
Ronin of Dreams for some real good shootin' in the Dragoon II
Vorenus for a) Taking all the bad luck so their team didn't have to and b) Surviving all that bullshit.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Gwaihir posted:

Voting

Yeah, sure voting this.

Back Hack posted:

Oh to be fly on the wall when someone has to tell command that they just lost 20 something mechs and an airfield in exchange for one mech. :smug:

Except they didn't lose the airfield, though we don't know about the McKenna in orbit. :getin: The 1:20 K:D is going to get some folks unhappy at them though.

LegendairyBovine
Oct 6, 2014
Ardlen (Flashman) and Vorenus (Stag) for co-player MVPs.

Opfor MVP: The Wolverine IIC that we shot for about 5 turns.

Ardlen did a lot of work getting players to coordinate with maps and calculating the withdrawal hexes.

Vorenus because he sucked up all the bad luck.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Back Hack posted:

Both MVPs go to Boom Doggies

Player MVPs, I'm afraid the boomdoggies will have to be content with being Good Dogges.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Coffeehitler posted:

Yeah, sure voting this.

Except they didn't lose the airfield, though we don't know about the McKenna in orbit. :getin: The 1:20 K:D is going to get some folks unhappy at them though.

It's effectively can be written off with the two giant hole made in the airfield and the numerous Doggies hanging around waiting to harass the base for who knows how long

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Gwaihir posted:

Voting

e: Although Legendary Bovine did some great work too, especially taking out that one Aerospace fighter that took a chunk out of the Atlas's back.

Yeah ronin and vorenus for me too.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Revenant Emergency First Responder 2
- Explodes!
- Gains ∞ heat, sinks 20!

Just noticed this, I guess exploding really would give the boom doggie infinite heat for the small amount of time before the blast rippled outward.

Not sure who to give a player MVP to besides the Atlas, gotta go back and check the updates to see who did the most notable.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Stag deserves an MVP; Vorenus was an amazing luck sink and yet even with all that bad luck he was never a disappointment. Well done, Vorenus.

the Komodo also deserves an MVP for finding the Infantry and not letting the exfil zone turn into a deathtrap.

DivineCoffeeBinge fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 27, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

finding the Infantry and not letting the exfil zone turn into a deathtrap.

The Komodo did that.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
MVP: Vorenus for surviving his curse and SebMojo for the clutch pilot retrieval.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Komodo did that.

Reading back, yes he did. Mea culpa. Editing my post now.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

They failed to even kill or capture the pilot of the one destroyed Mech, which means it barely even matters anyway.

What a boondoggle for the clans here. It's going to be a nightmare trying to salvage all that gear in the middle of a crazy hurricane while being harassed by robodogs. I hope Goonlance bought Amaris enough time for his battleship shenanigans!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Good job, Goonlance! You did it!

I suck at picking MVPs, which is why I normally refrain from voting for them. I do want to throw one of my MVP votes towards the Screamer. A good mech, but by no means an easy one to use, especially in a scenario like this. You did good, and you stuck around even after the unfortunate head hit. :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see the fluff for this.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Stag and Screamer. The former for acting as a lightning rod in a hurricane of potential ill fortune, the latter for having an open head for several rounds, with a vital character, and still being one of the last to leave the field against ungodly OpFor numbers. Balls of steel.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Stag and Dragoon for MVPs. The Stag soaked bad dice like a champ, and the Dragoon both dealt and received a huge amount of punishment and still extracted successfully.

e: Holy crap, that bounty :signings: Am I correct in assuming the Demon Hawks are earning more in a single day than most merc companies see in a year?

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jun 27, 2016

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I think the nicest thing that can be said about any of the opfor is that the lucerne managed to slow the players rampage just enough to make the optional objective too risky.

MVPs: The lights for surviving that mess (mostly) intact.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

For OpFor MVP, I vote for the guy in the aerospace jet that somehow managed to ready his plane, and then take off on a crowded runway, and then came back for a strafing run despite taking return fire... in a hurricane. OK, he had to bug out in the end, but that's ballsy and he saved a plane that might have otherwise gotten fragged.

For player MVPs I vote for the Screamer - that's a very difficult mech to use well, but every turn it seemed to be taking full advantage of its movement and ability to be a pain in the rear end, even if it didn't necessarily murder a ton of enemy mechs.

And, I'll throw in a vote for El Spamo in the Lancelot: Not because of any one particular move, but because he consistently posted in the thread, discussing his possible moves, without any ego or whatever, and then generally took the best advice and made it work. I know lots of the players were coordinating off-thread and that's fine and good, but I took notice of El Spamo's communication with the rest of us and appreciated it. If someone else did that just as often, well, your avatar isn't of a spazzing out cat so I didn't notice you as much, sorry. :shrug:
e. Oh yeah he also very cleverly got the last platoon of infantry to swarm him, and then ran them out of the way and dropped them off and still escaped intact. That was fun.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jun 27, 2016

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

I'd also give that Aero pilot opfor MVP props but with the damage he took from return fire the pilot and fighter were almost certainly doomed I think.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

For OpFor MVP, I vote for the guy in the aerospace jet that somehow managed to ready his plane, and then take off on a crowded runway, and then came back for a strafing run despite taking return fire... in a hurricane. OK, he had to bug out in the end, but that's ballsy and he saved a plane that might have otherwise gotten fragged.

This is a really good argument that PTN should consider IMHO.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Gwaihir posted:

Voting

Nthing this vote.

ENEMY MVP: Ath, in the Hellstar for simply showing up and causing the thread to collectively go 'Oh poo poo!'

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Player MVPs:
- the Stag, for open defiance of the dice gods
- the Komodo, for busting open the infantry deathtrap at the extraction zone

OpFor MVP:
- the Aero for exceptional insanity bravery by taking off and engaging Goonsquad in a hurricane

OpFor Honorable Mentions:
- the Great Wyrms, for being at Ground Zero for the mess Boomdoggie made and being able to walk away from it

anakha fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 27, 2016

Ronin Of Dreams
Oct 9, 2012

Even Death laughs when the nukes begin to rain.
For Goonlance MVPs I'll vote for the Screamer and Ardlen in the Flashman. The former for playing the jumpy bastard to a T, and the latter for all the extra work keeping us coordinated with visual reference maps updated for movements during planning phases.

Also, I have pictures from the spring cleaning. Three promotional material posters (well, one is a double-sided print from the old Inquest magazines and I have two for displaying), the poster that came with the Genesis version of Battletech seen earlier in the LP, a pair of artist signed cards from the CCG, and six prints from Lee Dorscheid. The cards are a bit small since I didn't take them separately, but they are a Pouncer B and a copy of Accelerated Turnaround, the latter of which sums up the NRWR material situation rather nicely. Also, apologies, but you can catch me via partial reflection in some of these. Oh well, I never claimed to be good at taking pictures!

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

This for OpFor MVP. I don't care if he died in the process :colbert:

As for the players, I vote for the mechs that took a licking and kept on kicking: the Screamer for taking a tough-to-pilot mech and a nasty headshot in stride, and the Stag for reasons that should be obvious to all.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

anakha posted:

Player MVPs:

OpFor MVP:
- the Aero for exceptional insanity bravery by taking off and engaging Goonsquad in a hurricane

Seconding this for the same reasons.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Stag for eating all the bad luck and yet still being able to leave under his own power despite that, Dragoon II for some impressive shots (including the double tap on the Lucerne), and That drat Clan Pilot for being a crazy bastard and taking off in the middle of a hurricane.

Also, I find it amusing that Ath got caught in an explosion, and his reaction could be summed up as 'Meh'.

Rorahusky fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 27, 2016

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

anakha posted:

Player MVPs:

OpFor MVP:

Seconding this.

Also, it would be cool if Ath managed to reappear since we killed our recurring nemesis.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

The explosion didn't even cause any TACs. Any damage to the Hellstar was superficial at most.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Pff, that Aero pilot was an extremely lucky dumbass. He deserves no props. :colbert:

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Bloody Pom posted:

The explosion didn't even cause any TACs. Any damage to the Hellstar was superficial at most.

And you know Ath just kept walking away from it without even noticing.

Servicio en Espanol
Feb 5, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

For player MVPs I vote for the Screamer - that's a very difficult mech to use well, but every turn it seemed to be taking full advantage of its movement and ability to be a pain in the rear end, even if it didn't necessarily murder a ton of enemy mechs.

And, I'll throw in a vote for El Spamo in the Lancelot: Not because of any one particular move, but because he consistently posted in the thread, discussing his possible moves, without any ego or whatever, and then generally took the best advice and made it work. I know lots of the players were coordinating off-thread and that's fine and good, but I took notice of El Spamo's communication with the rest of us and appreciated it. If someone else did that just as often, well, your avatar isn't of a spazzing out cat so I didn't notice you as much, sorry. :shrug:
e. Oh yeah he also very cleverly got the last platoon of infantry to swarm him, and then ran them out of the way and dropped them off and still escaped intact. That was fun.

This sounds good to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Clan mvp: the aerospace pilot

player mvp: Lancelot and Screamer

• Locked thread