Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

FaustianQ posted:

Right now though he's not particularly good at long range, he's not especially good at close range, he sucks vs everyone except Tracer in anti-flank (his flash is being used as tank crowd control since he's so bad at anti-flank), and lol no tank should ever lose to a McCree now you have to be aggressively bad.

This doesn't mean weakening FTH wasn't a good thing, but IMHO they did it the wrong way/halfheartedly. A 3s cooldown on a 50x6 FTH with strong vertical spread only and his minimum LMB set to 50. It'd also be cool if his flashbang didn't stun but disabled activated abilities (Shift and E). The biggest issue when dealing with Tracer/Genji/Reaper/Mei, etc is that they can escape or counter McCree, I'd definitely trade the annoying stun away for being able to make them defenseless for a longer period. This is also mechanically more focused on dealing with flankers and supports compared to tanks.

FTH would need an aggressive fall off range on par with Reaper or D.va. Otherwise you're just going to have dudes vomiting 300dps bursts every 3 seconds because vertical recoil is a loving joke to compensate for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
It's me, I'm the bottom of the barrel

EDIT:

Bolow posted:

FTH would need an aggressive fall off range on par with Reaper or D.va. Otherwise you're just going to have dudes vomiting 300dps bursts every 3 seconds because vertical recoil is a loving joke to compensate for

Agreed, 50 within 10m, past that a sharp drop off to 20-25 damage. FTH should be exclusively used in CQC, and honestly now that I think on it I'm not sure why Blizzard didn't make that part of the nerfs, as it solved the "wildly fire FTH into crowd for elims".

SUPEREDIT: Actually, no, if his ranged damage is 70-50 then it should sharply fall off to 15, basically making it a bit of a death trap to pick even if you could compensate for the recoil.

EmpyreanFlux fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 27, 2016

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Not that many would care but if you had a Clockwork on your friends list I've changed my BattleTag to Imagined (Imagined#11439). People kept asking if I was THE Clockwork. This guy, I assume. I was afraid people might mistakenly assume I was good at videogames.

Edit: http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Imagined-11439

Imagined fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 27, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Imagined posted:

Not that many would care but if you had a Clockwork on your friends list I've changed my BattleTag to Imagined (Imagined#11439). People kept asking if I was THE Clockwork, whoever that is, and I doubt they meant me.

hes a dps player on Splyce

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
McCree isn't even that great anti-tracer. If she happens to blink around the flash, on anticipation or dumb luck, the fight favors her

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Countblanc posted:

hes a dps player on Splyce

he was also the best scout in tf2 so they might recognize the name from that

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

Everyone post your Master Overwatch, so I can compare myself to you.

You know you want too, it'd E-dick waving.

Dooooo it.

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Hung-11473

I'm the #536 Mei by score/min, ask me anything about annoying the gently caress out of the opposition.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Night Blade posted:

Win percentage is apparently irrelevant. What matters is how you do in each game, medals and stuff.

Sort of. In this extremely tl;dr post by Jeff Kaplan, he says that whether your MMR goes up or down is strictly based on wins and losses. Your MMR will never go up by losing a game, even if you get ten hexa-kills. How much it goes up or down, though, depends on your class pick, opponent MMR, your performance, offense vs defense disparity, facing groups while solo, and apparently a lot more.

He says they don't use your win ratio to match you, but nonetheless they are very happy to see so many people at 50%.

So generally a high winrate means your MMR is going up, but not necessarily. Same goes for low winrate. Your MMR gains for wins might be way higher than your MMR loss for losses. But you'll never know.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Why use mccree against tracer now when roadhog can wreck her just the same plus he can tank her ult and kill Genji?

edit: unless you are great at headshots

Dren fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 27, 2016

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Can anyone recommend a pro Reinhardt streamer or videos? I've average with Rein but I'd like to see how a pro-level player users him.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Hughmoris posted:

Can anyone recommend a pro Reinhardt streamer or videos? I've average with Rein but I'd like to see how a pro-level player users him.

Renbot is probably the best dedicated streamer (not necessarily player but most comp reinhardt players don't solo queue as the dude). Moonmoon plays tanks in general but he tends to mostly do Roadhog and Zarya.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Turtlicious posted:

You know you want too, it's E-dick waving.

Dooooo it.

Eh

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Golemii-1546

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!

Turtlicious posted:

You know you want too, it'd E-dick waving.

Dooooo it.

I was the #7 NA D.Va for a little while. :unsmith:

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Megafunk-1278

I care about dumb baseball stats too much.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Countblanc posted:

Renbot is probably the best dedicated streamer (not necessarily player but most comp reinhardt players don't solo queue as the dude). Moonmoon plays tanks in general but he tends to mostly do Roadhog and Zarya.

Thanks, watching some of Renbot's matches. It seems like even the pro's die a lot when using Rein, even in pre-mades v. pubbies.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Have we gotten any word about specifics for buffing DVa? Battle.net poo poo the bed on me, so I've been out of the loop.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Fun with goons last night resulting in an amazing POTG with Mercy (not me, but recorded by me):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LZyI0uQnZs

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
This brawl can sure get CRAZY at times! :v:

edit: both of these were defense btw (Hollywood and Hanamura)

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 27, 2016

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
no in-house tonight. Streaming goon stomp in pub queue: https://www.twitch.tv/whatspeakyou

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Mechanism Eight posted:

Hanzo's a cheating scumbag. Now's not the time to be making acute puns.

Any Mei players want to chime in on how to reliably land shots with her alt fire? I've spent some time trying her on this week's brawl and I'm aghast at just how poorly I play

You just need to sell your soul

wit
Jul 26, 2011

See also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqT98GwP2mo&t=90s for Mei pact drafting boilerplate.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Papercut posted:

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Hung-11473

I'm the #536 Mei by score/min, ask me anything about annoying the gently caress out of the opposition.

I'm the 18546th best Soldier 76, so needless to say AMA about being a mediocre video game player

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I'm the 18546th best Soldier 76, so needless to say AMA about being a mediocre video game player

I would rather have the 20,000th best Soldier on my team than the best Mei.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I used to be about 400th tracer but now it's ballooned out because I lose too much from the forced 50% win rate.

I had some pretty hosed 1000 ping spikes all weekend but I just chalk it up to straya on a US server, I'm already on 60

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
The talk about rank actually reminds me of a question that's been kicking around in my head: I am actually the 18000th best soldier 76, but in my matches I get gold and silver medals. Presumably I guess this means I am going up in rank? In a world where you hit your skill cap are you presumably not getting medals as frequently as you once were, or getting mostly bronze and some silver?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Brosnan posted:

I would rather have the 20,000th best Soldier on my team than the best Mei.

I Mei have a different opinion

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Any good Youtube channels that post competitive VODs?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Have they fixed their score/min stat yet to count actual minutes or can you still get in the top 1000 by playing well for two hours and 59 minutes?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

xcore posted:

Any good Youtube channels that post competitive VODs?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrQ_FZdtI0_CLEbAIxVXcHQ
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClyZ6OEYjhUPNDv2gEH8LFQ

I'm sure there are others as well

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

The talk about rank actually reminds me of a question that's been kicking around in my head: I am actually the 18000th best soldier 76, but in my matches I get gold and silver medals. Presumably I guess this means I am going up in rank? In a world where you hit your skill cap are you presumably not getting medals as frequently as you once were, or getting mostly bronze and some silver?

well you also have to consider that Soldier gets a lot of medals in general - he can heal himself, he's mobile, and he does a ton of damage. He's basically the Roadhog of dps classes

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Countblanc posted:

well you also have to consider that Soldier gets a lot of medals in general - he can heal himself, he's mobile, and he does a ton of damage. He's basically the Roadhog of dps classes

76 is my fav hero to buddy with when i'm roadhog. just such good synergy.

maaaaybe junkrat slightly more if they trap people competently

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The Torb nerf is weird to me. I play on PS4 and I feel like he's exactly who he's supposed to be. A dug in Torb with support from his teammates can be tough to kill, but he's not an unstoppable killing machine or anything.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

that site doesn't actually measure the "Xth best anything," because they don't have the information you'd need to determine that

it's basically just accumulated score

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

MO ranks don't mean much, they update account data on demand which means many players aren't in the database or aren't up to date, it's a nice alternative to battle.net own stats sheet and you can only get that much from it

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!

acumen posted:

Have they fixed their score/min stat yet to count actual minutes or can you still get in the top 1000 by playing well for two hours and 59 minutes?

Hey, being mediocre and in the top ten after two hours was sweet. Don't you dare take that away from me. What will my clanmates think if my score/min drops below their minimum for membership?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I am #1 for spamming "That's how you get tinnitus" during the setup phase, AMA.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
Honestly, I think the Torb nerf has less to do with aim and more to do with how few people use team-chat on console. Torbjorn's biggest weakness is coordination, and many of the most effective ways to counter his turrets involve multiple teammates working in tandem (a tank to draw fire and a heavy-hitter to take it down). Apparently Torb stacks were the real issue here. Teams of 5-6 Torbs were crushing their opponents when on defense, and it comes down to the fact that counterplaying the Dwarf Fortress involves team coordination beyond everyone counter-picking willy-nilly without a unified plan.

I'm still not sure it was the right call, because it's one of those balance changes that only seems to consider one "layer" of play (in this case, uncoordinated rando pub games). It is, again, the kind of sledgehammer nerf I was hoping Blizz was trying to get away from.

Megafunk
Oct 19, 2010

YEAH!
I think another factor to Torb's mega-nerf may have been the nature of console controllers trying to peek and hit a turret without it firing on them. On PCI can easily just point at the veeery edge of the turret's body to get free hits off and I can imagine that might be a bit harder on high sensitivity setting console controllers.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Does zarya left click do splash damage? I was watching tonight's tourney between C9 and envy. The zarya pov was left clicking into a ult instead of using right clicks at close range.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

zarya's alt fire is basically a grenade launcher. it does splash damage, yea. her primary, the laser, doesn't tho

when you're charged up, zarya's primary will do more damage I think since it's a constant stream and the alt fire is p slow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Imagine playing every attack for the past two weeks against double torb, with no text chat, aiming left-handed. That's console right now.

I played around 10 attacks tonight. All against at least two Torbs, all losses. You can't peek them. A typical encounter with a "hard counter character" is basically:

1. Die and have no idea where from. Watch kill cam to figure out where the thing is.

2. Position yourself to peek it. Jump out shoot at it, jump back in and see you took 140 damage. Grab a nearby health pack. Line up your next shot out of LOS.

3. Peek and shoot. Knock it down to half health before he ults 90 seconds into the match and one-shots you.

4. Swap to a new character and wait until they push past the initial choke so you can have some fun before your loss.

5. Have the game reinstance and drop you into another attack.

6. Go 3-12 for the night.