Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I don't know anything about the new town but a new character is usually a good reason for a new thread since the op will need an update for her. New town doesn't happen very often though.

I wanted to suggest a title that contained bifurcated bears but we already had a bear mutilation title.

Vindictus: Imagine Platinum made a Monster Hunter game

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jun 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

In case people didn't notice, lochlann changed how weapon shards drop in the s3 battles. Entrance drops lightweight, trailhead drops keen, summit drops stable, and plains drops perfect. Solid and smooth drop in all of them. Kind of good in that you can farm for a specific type, kind of bad because summit and plains are long.

Also keep in mind that the s3 daily battle has a guaranteed spawn of the stronger mini boss that drops more loot in addition to bonus AP (you get like 200 instead of 30).

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Events piled high:

quote:

Trained by the finest in the world. Enchanted by the chaos of the battlefield. Captivated by the deaths of her foes. As nobility's finest daughter prepares to make her way to the battlefields of Vindictus, we're holding a pair of events to get everyone ready for her arrival. Claim a wealth of prizes in the Delia Warm-Up Attendance Event which begins on June 30th. Take advantage of massive buffs for the next six weeks with the Delia Warm-Up Event starting June 27th. Check out all the details below!
The tables go screwy if I try to copy-paste it so just go to the page to see the details. As noted above, there are really two events here. The first is an attendance event that lasts from June 30 to July 17. Log in for thirty minutes and you can collect the reward associated with that day. Some are good and some are disappointing. There's also a prime time buff event that lasts from June 27 to August 7. Each week gives two different buffs. One buff lasts all day and the other is active for several hours per day. The buffs range from questionable (double expertise exp) to okay (50% off repairs) to awesome (free grace time).

Kuai
May 25, 2004
So I'm gonna come back for Dahlia. Is there any event going on right now that would help her?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Kuai posted:

So I'm gonna come back for Dahlia. Is there any event going on right now that would help her?
There's an event that gives you ancient coins as a reward for winning S1 or S2 raids on any difficulty other than Easy. You can turn in the coins for scrolls and that event ends at the same time Delia comes out. So, you can premake armor sets and enchant them. As far as I know, the scrolls from the exchange shop are tradeable so you could also buy scrolls right before the event ends and pass them over to your Delia. This may be better if you want to use r9 or higher enchants on her gear but you'll need to powerlevel to use the enchants before they expire. There's also the Returning Warrior event, which can give you a few goodies that can be helpful to a Delia. VVIP capsules will help a Delia on the same account as the character who uses it. The Aurora Princess Set package can be mailed within accounts. Graces and blessing stones can be transferred using shared storage... But I'm guessing you don't have shared storage right now.

Despite what you might expect, the Jump to 75 event specifically excludes Delia so don't bother saving the package for her.

Turns out I missed mention of another event: It's the Royal Army Raid Event again! Here are the rewards for killing Red Elchulus a bunch:
  • 100 Completed Raids: 7 Day Perfumed Persimmon Necklace
    ATT/M.ATT +300
    DEF +300
  • 200 Completed Raids: 7 Day Critical Epaulet
    CRIT +20
  • 300 Completed Raids: 7 Day Platinum Epaulet
    ATT/M.ATT +300
    ATT Speed +2
    STR +30
    INT +30
  • 400 Completed Raids: 7 Day VIP Service
  • 500 Completed Raids and having completed the raid 3 times: 3x Perpetual Enchant Coupons
    Sets a temporary Enchant Scroll's duration to Permanent

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jun 27, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

The scrolls from the exchange shop are completely untradeable.

The other event going on that could help Delia if you want to spend ~real money~ is the orchid fauna boxes. They're basically gambling for NX items. Most of the time you'll get more value in NX stuff than you can buy outright, and for this particular event they actually made the NX items tradeable if you want to sell them for gold.

Kuai
May 25, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

There's an event that gives you ancient coins as a reward for winning S1 or S2 raids on any difficulty other than Easy. You can turn in the coins for scrolls and that event ends at the same time Delia comes out. So, you can premake armor sets and enchant them. As far as I know, the scrolls from the exchange shop are tradeable so you could also buy scrolls right before the event ends and pass them over to your Delia. This may be better if you want to use r9 or higher enchants on her gear but you'll need to powerlevel to use the enchants before they expire. There's also the Returning Warrior event, which can give you a few goodies that can be helpful to a Delia. VVIP capsules will help a Delia on the same account as the character who uses it. The Aurora Princess Set package can be mailed within accounts. Graces and blessing stones can be transferred using shared storage... But I'm guessing you don't have shared storage right now.

Despite what you might expect, the Jump to 75 event specifically excludes Delia so don't bother saving the package for her.

Turns out I missed mentioned of another event: It's the Royal Army Raid Event again! Here are the rewards for killing Red Elchulus a bunch:
  • 100 Completed Raids: 7 Day Perfumed Persimmon Necklace
    ATT/M.ATT +300
    DEF +300
  • 200 Completed Raids: 7 Day Critical Epaulet
    CRIT +20
  • 300 Completed Raids: 7 Day Platinum Epaulet
    ATT/M.ATT +300
    ATT Speed +2
    STR +30
    INT +30
  • 400 Completed Raids: 7 Day VIP Service
  • 500 Completed Raids and having completed the raid 3 times: 3x Perpetual Enchant Coupons
    Sets a temporary Enchant Scroll's duration to Permanent

drat a free 75 for her would have been nice. ive done 1-80 so many god drat times its not even funny.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
It's not funny the first time so I believe it.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
I can tell you its not funny the 2nd through 5th times either. +pain

So like, there's a 14 day log in event 30th until 13th right before Delia hits, including 1 premium armor fusion/weapon fusion/enchant rune, just gotta afk for half an hour each day, good stuff.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Part 1 of Hagie/Sylas's origin story manga has finally been translated to English. Poorly. But it's generally comprehensible. No surprise that his story is as grimdark as the other character stories that have come out so far.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
The game has a story? And here I thought it was just punching goblins until they explode.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Psiwri posted:

I can tell you its not funny the 2nd through 5th times either. +pain

So like, there's a 14 day log in event 30th until 13th right before Delia hits, including 1 premium armor fusion/weapon fusion/enchant rune, just gotta afk for half an hour each day, good stuff.

Leveling in this game is extremely boring. I don't know why they thought increasing season 2 and the twilight desert's leveling requirements a good thing.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

:shittypop: THE DELIA MINI-SITE IS UP AND YOU CAN REGISTER FOR FREE STUFF GO DO THIS IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE A DELIA :shittypop:

quote:

Looking more like a court dilettante than a hardened soldier, Delia is as vicious on the battlefield as the most bloodthirsty barbarian. As nobility's finest makes her way to the battlefield, a special package full of gear to give Delia a leg-up against the Fomors is available to those who welcome her as their new avatar of destruction. Register for the launch of Delia before July 11th with an account that includes a character that is level 20 or higher.

When you log in to Vindictus after the update goes live, the FREE Delia Coronation Pack will be sent (via the in-game mail system) to the mercenary at the top of your character list on your account. When you log in and receive the package within your in-game mail, you will have 30 days to open the package before it expires. The Delia Coronation Pack can only be opened by a Delia character. The Delia Coronation Pack is tradeable and can be sent to your Delia character immediately. The contents of the Delia Coronation Pack cannot be transferred once the package is opened.

Just remember to register before July 11th and login before July 31st to receive your FREE Delia Coronation Pack!
The package contains some 30-day cash shop slot accessories, a permanent storage chest ticket, and a tiara that looks suspiciously like the 4th anniversary tiara. The accessories are okay but the free storage ticket is the real winner because in this post-Season 3 America, you need a fourth storage chest just for your awakening stones and purple & orange shards.

Oh yeah, the attendance event started today. The reward is a 7-day cadet badge.

UPDATE: Here's a better Delia page. It confirms that part of her playstyle involves her performing different smashes depending on timing. Also: For the Independence Day weekend, you can buy one American Flag Hat from the cash shop for 0 NX.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jul 1, 2016

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

What's the fastest way to level in this game? Just do the quests to 75?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Yeah there's not any good grind missions till 50 anyways. Even then it's easier and funner to just do story. You get most things way earlier than you used to, so by 40ish you should have a huge majority of your kit to see if you actually like the character.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

darkhand posted:

Yeah there's not any good grind missions till 50 anyways. Even then it's easier and funner to just do story. You get most things way earlier than you used to, so by 40ish you should have a huge majority of your kit to see if you actually like the character.

I guess I should have specified I'm 62 and the last thing I did before I stopped was soloing Titan to get past a quest.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Finish any Rocheste stuff, it's insane exp most the time. Also check the board in S2 for quest dungeons if you're strong enough, they are fast and give a big exp. The boats for stuff like "treasure hunt", "underground city" is what you want.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!
I'll be a bit too busy until the release, but I'd like to get back in when Delia gets added. What should I really do when I start? Just bumrush through all the story quests till I finish the Rocheste stuff? Then what? I guess I've always had an issue about not sure what to do after a certain point in this game. Mainly because it became nothing but raids that felt fairly difficult and hard to get into given how easy they seemed for other players.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Dawnfire posted:

I'll be a bit too busy until the release, but I'd like to get back in when Delia gets added. What should I really do when I start? Just bumrush through all the story quests till I finish the Rocheste stuff? Then what? I guess I've always had an issue about not sure what to do after a certain point in this game. Mainly because it became nothing but raids that felt fairly difficult and hard to get into given how easy they seemed for other players.

You basically just want to go through the main questline until you finish. The endgame is basically season 2 (for enchant scrolls) raids and whatever in season 3. Season 2 battles are still useful if you want to slog through the treasure hunts for rings and belts.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

What's this combo people keep talking about with fiona? Perfect block > counter > counter > Perfect block > amerath kick. How does this work? Are they jumping straight into the kick portion of the smash or still doing LLLLR? Also the perfect block they're talking about is timing blocks and not tab?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Hy_C posted:

What's this combo people keep talking about with fiona? Perfect block > counter > counter > Perfect block > amerath kick. How does this work? Are they jumping straight into the kick portion of the smash or still doing LLLLR? Also the perfect block they're talking about is timing blocks and not tab?
"Perfect Guard" refers to blocking at a particular time. Specifically, you have to put your shield up about a second or less before an attack connects. This lets you block smashes without using Heavy Stander, block some attacks that are otherwise unblockable, and sets your swing counter to 3. So, if you start attacking after a Perfect Guard rather than using Counterattack, you can immediately right-click to use Ivy Sweep or LR to use Amaranth Kick.

The Tab skill is called "Shield Deflection" and as far as I know, the point is that it doesn't affect your swing counter. You'll only be ready to use Amaranth Kick after deflecting if you were ready to do Amaranth Kick before deflecting.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

Bakalakadaka posted:

You basically just want to go through the main questline until you finish. The endgame is basically season 2 (for enchant scrolls) raids and whatever in season 3. Season 2 battles are still useful if you want to slog through the treasure hunts for rings and belts.

Alright, cool. Thank you. Does that mean doing Season 2's storyline as well? Or is that not even required for season 3? I played the game off and on a lot, but never after they added Season 3, so I don't know how that story works.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

ArchWizard posted:

"Perfect Guard" refers to blocking at a particular time. Specifically, you have to put your shield up about a second or less before an attack connects. This lets you block smashes without using Heavy Stander, block some attacks that are otherwise unblockable, and sets your swing counter to 3. So, if you start attacking after a Perfect Guard rather than using Counterattack, you can immediately right-click to use Ivy Sweep or LR to use Amaranth Kick.

The Tab skill is called "Shield Deflection" and as far as I know, the point is that it doesn't affect your swing counter. You'll only be ready to use Amaranth Kick after deflecting if you were ready to do Amaranth Kick before deflecting.

Thanks for all the help. Is there a set I should be trying to get at 70 and 80? I'm currently wearing a mix of Ingkells and Debueruke at 66.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Dawnfire posted:

Alright, cool. Thank you. Does that mean doing Season 2's storyline as well? Or is that not even required for season 3? I played the game off and on a lot, but never after they added Season 3, so I don't know how that story works.

You have to do the season stories in order unless you have an older character that was on season 1 and 2 quests at the same time. You have to complete both the season 1 and 2 stories to start season 3.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Hy_C posted:

Thanks for all the help. Is there a set I should be trying to get at 70 and 80? I'm currently wearing a mix of Ingkells and Debueruke at 66.
At 70, the most straightforward sets to get are Apocryphal (offense-oriented, comes from 24-man Elchulus raid) and Everlasting (defense-oriented, comes from Heide raids). The mats are expensive but easy to find on the market and in raids. At 80, your options are:
  • Pirate/Black Pearl: Sometimes the pieces can be found cheaply but require pricey materials if you're crafting it yourself, is only really good if you're going to enchant it properly, has the best hats in the game
  • Armageddon: Good DEF but low crit resist, good STR boost but low crit boost
  • Noblesse: Best overall defense due to high crit resist, good offense (and best crit boost), kind of expensive
  • Skeleton: Relatively inexpensive, poor to middling stats, adds Stamina, is very spoopy

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 4, 2016

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

ArchWizard posted:

At 70, the most straightforward sets to get are Apocryphal (offense-oriented, comes from 24-man Elchulus raid) and Everlasting (defense-oriented, comes from Heide raids). The mats are expensive but easy to find on the market and in raids. At 80, your options are:
  • Pirate/Black Pearl: Sometimes the pieces can be found cheaply but require pricey materials if you're crafting it yourself, is only really good if you're going to enchant it properly, has the best hats in the game
  • Armageddon: Good DEF but low crit resist, good STR boost but low crit boost
  • Noblesse: Best overall defense due to high crit resist, good offense (and best crit boost), kind of expensive
  • Skeleton: Relatively inexpensive, poor to middling stats, adds Stamina, is very spoopy

Are there any other 70 sets that can carry me to 90 those are awfully expensive?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Hy_C posted:

Are there any other 70 sets that can carry me to 90 those are awfully expensive?
I just remembered there is a season 2 armor set that's fairly cheap: Nighthawk. It comes from twilight desert. You may also be able to cobble together a set from the majesty, phantom, or imperial guard sets.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

Bakalakadaka posted:

You have to do the season stories in order unless you have an older character that was on season 1 and 2 quests at the same time. You have to complete both the season 1 and 2 stories to start season 3.

Ah, alright. I'd forgotten they keep changing the way story progression works. Thanks for the heads-up.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Season 2 story quests own. Open a boat and suddenly everyone pours in.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Yeah s2 is really good, except the druid guy, that part sucks. Lavaset and havan are super fun. The story boats are really fast and a ton of xp.

S3 is pretty hard, poo poo will wreck you with unblockables. Plus I'm pretty bad.

It's a lot easier to catch up now, but still hard to be anywhere near the top. It's hard compete with people that have 40atkspeed. And there's no way to get it without spending a lot in game gold or real dollars.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 6, 2016

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

:toot: Made it to 75 and can't decide if I want to boost a Kai or a Lann.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Double XP from 4-10pm every day this week for y'all who are still grinding jumpers to 90 and/or making a Delia.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Migration is going well. Can't connect to the global yet and can't connect to the European anymore. Good job there Nexon.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Is there a list of enchants that are worth selling on the AH that I could find? I'm extremely poor.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Hy_C posted:

Is there a list of enchants that are worth selling on the AH that I could find? I'm extremely poor.

Pretty much all the enchants worth money come from season 2 raids. There's a few other like Enthusiastic and Fast that drop from S1 battles and S2 treasure hunts, and Subdued which only drops in Misty Summit/Moonlight Peak. There's a few other decent scrolls but farming enchants is a terrible way to get money because of the drop rates.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Delia is coming out tomorrow holy crap holy poo poo holy gently caress. Also, the page about the maintenance says there's a bingo event coming as well as yet another attendance event.

No one has suggested a good title for a new thread so this thread will keep going.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

Delia is coming out tomorrow holy crap holy poo poo holy gently caress. Also, the page about the maintenance says there's a bingo event coming as well as yet another attendance event.

No one has suggested a good title for a new thread so this thread will keep going.

You'd already know about the bingo and additional attendance stuff if you had watched the stream on Tuesday heh...

You also would have gotten to see two dorks try to do Delia's dance lmfao.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

okay, we can close up shop now

Kuai
May 25, 2004
god i forgot how painful leveling is

is 60-90 any easier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Kuai posted:

god i forgot how painful leveling is

is 60-90 any easier?