Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Platystemon posted:

Ah yes, “Reapers”. :turianass:

I will never get tired of this joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
two drivers wrecked in a NASCAR race tonight

they decided to fight

the one in a blue firesuit is a goon.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

exploding mummy posted:

they decided to fight

That looks like a race to the bottom.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Edit: Whoops wrong thread. Think this is the first time I've done this.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

exploding mummy posted:

they decided to fight

Reminds me of this classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS9vdoX3Ju0

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

I knew. I knew, and I clicked on it, anyway.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

My first Roidtech :3:

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

New Botchamania.

12:54.

loving brutal.

https://vimeo.com/171929802

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Das Boo posted:

Circumcision talk allows me to post the Silent Hill thing again, so it's not all bad.

This is amazing. How did I miss this happening in december?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

drat it, Jimmy. We'll never get on that funny video program. Go walk by your sister, again!

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

I'm gonna guess that's bad for the baby.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That's a good way to gently caress up your baby.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Hey guys check out this new health food, apricot kernels!

You can find them in WholeFoods!

Hang on, aren't apricot kernels a bad thing?

Shiiiiiit.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

Who the hell thought that was a good idea, probably more than 50% of people won't read the back, especially if it has all the fun healthy buzzwords on the front

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Seriously, gently caress that poo poo. It should be completely banned from sale, along with bitter almonds, a special subspecies of almonds. Both contain a serious concentration of the cyanide compound amygdalin.

It's been sold by rear end in a top hat quacks since the 19th century, under the name 'laetrile' or 'vitamin b17'. Vitamin b17 is not an official name, because vitamins are nutrients you require to survive, while amygdalin is purely toxic and has no positive qualities whatsoever.
This bag is also made by quacks because it has the 'vitamin b17' name on it. At least they took the effort to warn you about the dangers, usually they don't even bother.

This crap is being sold as a supposed cancer medicine, they say that if you take this the cyanide kills the cancer cells or something, so you don't need actual treatment anymore (which is technically true, dead people need no treatment). When my mom was suffering from cancer some shitstain convinced my parents that this crap works against cancer and they both started taking a spoonful a day (my dad for 'preventive' reasons). It took me a crazy amount of work to convince them that stuff is dangerous and to stop taking it, and even now it seems my dad isn't completely convinced it isn't good for you.

I don't really care that much if quacks sell expensive magic water as a panacea. It's annoying but they don't really hurt people with it. However, amygdalin is actively harmful and I consider people selling this crap murderers, and seriously think the law should treat them as such.

Yes. Yes, I have strong feelings about this. I think they are justified in this case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amygdalin

quote:

The promotion of laetrile to treat cancer has been described in the medical literature as a canonical example of quackery,[2][3] and as "the slickest, most sophisticated, and certainly the most remunerative cancer quack promotion in medical history."[1]

Carbon dioxide has a new favorite as of 23:27 on Jun 26, 2016

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

This kills the baby.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
So WholeFoods stocks literal poison made up to look like health food. uhhh.... This means hundreds of people in and out of the government didn't do/aren't doing their jobs, so surely it'll be a really, really really big deal and Sunfoods will get torn the gently caress apart and its constituent members removed from society, right? Along with everyone else responsible for making Painful Death available for $11.99.

This is like precisely the crime that the stocks should be reserved for - selling poison to the public by claiming that it's the opposite of poison. That is like the ultimate "everyone gets to throw poo poo at you" offense.

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apricot_kernel

quote:

In 1993, the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets tested the cyanide content of two 220 gram (8 oz) packages of bitter apricot kernels imported from Pakistan that were being sold in health-food stores as a snack. The results showed that each package, if consumed entirely, contained at least double the minimum lethal dosage of cyanide for an adult human. The apricot pits were recalled and removed from stores.[3] There was one reported case in the medical literature of cyanide toxicity from apricot kernels from 1979 to 1998 in the United States.[

Someone tweet/message/call whole foods and ask why this is being sold

I can't see the size of the package but I can see b17 being advertised on the front...

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Because this is Whole "Asparagus Water" Foods

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
We were discussing this in the Pseudoscience thread, turns out they're online order only now and that Whole Foods photo is at least 4 years old.

Still skeezy as gently caress that people are selling them to sick people as a remedy. Don't really see the 'freude in it myself.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
It seems like that warning should really be on the front of the package. It doesn't need to be size 60 font and bright red letters, but it should be a hell of a lot clearer that "Hey guys don't eat more than 7 of these for the love of God"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Memento posted:

We were discussing this in the Pseudoscience thread, turns out they're online order only now and that Whole Foods photo is at least 4 years old.

Still skeezy as gently caress that people are selling them to sick people as a remedy. Don't really see the 'freude in it myself.

Also worth noting that just off the bottom of the second picture is a recommendation to start eating 2-4 per day and work your way up, and the website ups that to 6-10. :froggonk:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Mithridatism is a bad idea in general, but cyanide, specifically, is a substance where it won’t work at all. A person cannot build tolerance to cyanide.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Platystemon posted:

Mithridatism is a bad idea in general, but cyanide, specifically, is a substance where it won’t work at all. A person cannot build tolerance to cyanide.

Yeah, take THAT evolution! :catholic:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Gonna build immunity to cyanide super-quick by butt-chugging it.

Take that, morans.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Platystemon posted:

Mithridatism is a bad idea in general, but cyanide, specifically, is a substance where it wont work at all. A person cannot build tolerance to cyanide.

It doesn't work like Iocane powder? Shame.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Gonna build immunity to cyanide super-quick by butt-chugging it.

Take that, morans.

:crossarms: So, was a cause of death determined?
:cop: Yeah, must be some sex fetish thing. His rear end in a top hat was crammed full of apricot kernels

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Where is the schaden? She's one of my favorite artists and the song owns.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Schaden Dump here.
http://imgur.com/gallery/dtaDm

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Memento posted:

That'll come when the FDA decides to make an example of them and [insert Malcolm-Tucker-style violent sexual metaphor here].

exploding mummy posted:

they decided to fight

My favorite NASCAR fight: Denny Hamlin vs. Danica Patrick last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUA5fpDTPnY

To be fair, she's a bit quick to pick a fight, but his response stinks of MRA-style bullshit -- the Dutch tilt makes it less obvious, but she's 5'2" and he's 6' and half again her weight. And he blames her for what was obviously his fault instead of apologizing, puts his hand on her shoulders WAY more than is normally acceptable, etc.. And then Tony Stewart, her boss, one of the biggest names in the sport, who is very good at loving people over the way Denny did badly to Danica, and has literally killed a man on the track, just loving apparates out of the crowd and challenges Denny to a fight, reducing the kid to a stuttering mess.

The proper response from Hamlin when she grabbed him by the lapels would've been to back away, hands up by his ears obviously not touching her, and say "Oh poo poo Dani I'm sorry, it was an accident, my fault, it won't happen again". Because as it is, if it happens again, he'll probably get a helmet through his windshield next lap.

If they hadn't just completely destroyed a quarter-million dollars' worth of racecars, I'd accuse them of scripted kayfabe like in wrasslin', their suits are perfectly contrasting colors (just like the guys in the thing I quoted, interestingly.)

Also lol fat Michael Caine-lookin' reporter there obviously uncomfortable with how many other reporters are touching him to get their mics in :v:

Edit: the actual insult that prompted the argument:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB27HH9S2_k
Yeah, you don't do that in NASCAR. Getting too close on the left rear at 200mph screws up the lead car's aero, and does basically the same thing as a PIT maneuver. She's justified in shaking him by the lapels and yelling "WTF WERE YOU THINKING?" It's a thing that happens, like the announcers said, if Hamlin had backed off the guy behind him would've hit him. But trying to say it was her fault the second time he'd done it that weekend is kind of a dick move.

Jastiger posted:

The singer making that face when rewatching her own lovely music video that went viral and gave her a career? "Ooh, I made Poor Life Decisions."

Also, if you actually like that song something is wrong with you, because she obviously is in pain watching it.

Chillbro Baggins has a new favorite as of 06:15 on Jun 27, 2016

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Jastiger posted:

She's a 15?-16? year old girl that is embarrased about something that she did when she was 12. Also the producer on the track (the guy that's on screen there, I don't remember his name) comes across as a bit of a creep and a weirdo.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Um shes totally talented and hot and stuff so i dont see the schaden

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Jastiger posted:

Um shes totally talented and hot and stuff so i dont see the schaden

Testekill posted:

a bit of a creep and a weirdo.

Exhibit A.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I was hoping someone would show the movie Friday.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

All those words for a sport where you turn left 500 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Regalingualius posted:

All those words for a sport where you turn left 500 times.

NASCAR is cool and good