Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Apoplexy posted:

God damnit. I get playing and find myself with this exact problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOnA53mcIME Any ideas on how to fix it? :(

edit: A few .ini tweaks and removing ENB (for ENBoost, not effects) later, seems to be fixed. I'll have to see if it was the .ini tweaks or ENB now.

The latest ENBoost caused this for me. Try downgrading to the older version on the website (0.291 I think) and see if that fixes it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Dr Snofeld posted:

The latest ENBoost caused this for me. Try downgrading to the older version on the website (0.291 I think) and see if that fixes it.

Thanks!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
This'll seem stupid, but I don't suppose it's the enblocal.ini setting of DisableFakeLights that's causing the problem, is it? I'm going to test this. edit: Sadly, not so simply. But rolling my ENB back to the ENBoost-only 283 fixed the lighting bug. Now I just gotta figure out if I even need ENB at all, as it seems like screen tearing has been resolved via nVidia Inspector and iFPSClamp=60 + iPresentInterval=1 in the .inis

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jun 26, 2016

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
If I didn't know better, I would say Bethesda deliberately cripples its own DLC to give modders something to do. Why the hell are there no conveyor belt pieces that allow you to merge two or more lines, or any way to bring stuff from a floor conveyor belt back up to an elevated one? There's a powered upwards ramp mod, but those obviously won't work with spherical objects, so a mini-lift would be nice. Some tighter corners or powered curved rollers, as well as a way to bring steel balls back up to the top of your ball track that isn't a giant tower of industrial conveyor lifts would be nice too.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Either I don't know what I'm doing or War of the Commonwealth adds assraping enemies everywhere. I cross the bridge out from Sanctuary and am immediately accosted by laser fire and am killed in one shot. Ow.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

SeanBeansShako posted:

ENERGY WEAPOOONNNS!

You guys ever miss the Plasma Caster? IT'S BAAAACK.

Anyone know what weapon perks govern this thing?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
You can throw it into xEdit and figure out if it's got any associated perk changes. If it doesn't, probably none.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Oh, I see. Encounter Zones were tweaked with War of the Commonwealth. It's now RIDICULOUS, ala Adjusted Encounter Zones. Maybe I'll have to wait a bit before activating that mod in my current play-through.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
So apparently if you had the Snap n Build mod installed, a whole bunch of the new stuff from Contraptions just plain doesn't show up in the workshop menus. Good to know.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Entropic posted:

So apparently if you had the Snap n Build mod installed, a whole bunch of the new stuff from Contraptions just plain doesn't show up in the workshop menus. Good to know.

There's a patch for that in one of the settlement keywords mods

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Entropic posted:

I use Snap n Build and Contraptions works as it should, I think. No keywords patch.
What was missing?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yeah. Is it only if you installed Contraptions after playing a game with Snap'n Build loaded before? I ask because Snap'n Build is really popular and a lot of people have apparently been using it since Contraption Workshop came out without issue. What, specifically, could you look into to find out if it's hosed for you? What's missing, that is?

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jun 26, 2016

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I couldn't find any of the warehouse or elevator stuff or a few other categories. I turned off Snap n Build, reloaded the game, and there they were.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

boneration posted:

Any plans to update it to include the Far Harbor weapons?

Yes! I will absolutely do so at some point, ideally in the near future. Just been a bit hectic with working full time and classes on top of that, so I haven't had much time for fallout.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
You have me double-guessing myself. I'm about to start a new game, do I dare start it with Snap'n Build loaded, or wait until after the intro to do so?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
So does anyone think DefenseGun will be added to WeaponSmith Extended 2? should I ask? would a goon willing to mod this be a better idea?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I'm hoping for someone to put together the ultimate settlement mod compilation that's plug-and-play and contains literally everything and every enhancement. I'd do it myself if I had the time.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Sad that the STEAM sale has drained your wallet so you can't buy Far Harbor? missing being a cowboy rifleman of the apocalypse? somebody has finally got around to making a lever action repeater rifle!

Only problem being of course it is a modders resource. So if anyone wants to make this happen for real.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jun 26, 2016

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom
Need this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9740/

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Blocked by the mature filter. I feel loved and protected.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Preston kept his hat on. Dude is loyal to his cause.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom
Someone made a humanoid Deathclaw mod. Geez

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

You have me double-guessing myself. I'm about to start a new game, do I dare start it with Snap'n Build loaded, or wait until after the intro to do so?

Run through the vault, make a safe before you enter the elevator and activate your mods.

Starting a new game with all mods active had me waiting for ages before the game got its act together and decided to load the drat thing. I guess there are a ton of scripts firing that cause all kinds of lag. The more mods you have, the longer it takes.

Of course, you could just start the game and go make coffee or something while it loads but a clean save close to the exit of Vault 111 is a good idea because the intro sequence gets old surprisingly fast...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Use an alternate start mod. There is no downside.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I was using Another Life before then, and still am really because I did some testing and everything ended up fine. All those configuration items ended up popping up when I popped into the main game existence.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Entropic posted:

I couldn't find any of the warehouse or elevator stuff or a few other categories. I turned off Snap n Build, reloaded the game, and there they were.

Dr Snofeld posted:

Try using this mod which adds new menu categories at the end for each DLC. I have it installed just to make it easier to find the DLC stuff amongst everything Homemaker adds, but it should help if you can't find the DLC items at all.

Had the same problem, this helped me a lot too!

Oh.. :kiddo:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So using trainwiz's unique uniques there's something really cool about it, the unique bits are actually parts on the gun such as the Tinker Tom special which ads a lot of damage is now a unique receiver or whatever on the gun which you can take off and replace, or put on another gun. Not exactly sure why you would want to, unless there are other unique weapons in the same category you want to mix and match with, but you can.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Apoplexy posted:

I was using Another Life before then, and still am really because I did some testing and everything ended up fine. All those configuration items ended up popping up when I popped into the main game existence.

I had to spawn in a Rule Breaker holotape but that was easy peasy.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

This guy hasn't made any settlement mods, but he sure knows how to put it all together and show the full potential of what some of these mods can do when used in conjunction with each other to produce some very professional looking stuff, in a very condensed and easy to watch video.

For example, he made this neat car gate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXQRxcvsi9U

His Channel can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TwentyFourGames/videos

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jun 27, 2016

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Works well with this mod
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15648/

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Back Hack posted:

This guy hasn't made any settlement mods, but he sure knows how to put it all together and show the full potential of what some of these mods can do when used in conjunction with each other to produce some very professional looking stuff, in a very condensed and easy to watch video.

For example, he made this neat car gate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXQRxcvsi9U

His Channel can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TwentyFourGames/videos

Thanks for this! Watched his entire Starlight build series and it gave me some ideas!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
For settlement stuff I'm fond of Elevators because I like making giant towers and stuff.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

are mods good enough yet to consider picking this turd up? gameplay/quest mods/overhauls wise.

it took about a year or two for skyrim's mod scene to pick up, just wondering if this is the case with fallout 4.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Dongicus posted:

are mods good enough yet to consider picking this turd up? gameplay/quest mods/overhauls wise.

it took about a year or two for skyrim's mod scene to pick up, just wondering if this is the case with fallout 4.

Depends. What pisses you off enough that you are hoping for mods to fix?

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

SeanBeansShako posted:

Depends. What pisses you off enough that you are hoping for mods to fix?

Yeah, that's basically the question. The thing that bugs me most about the game is the lack of the roleplaying stuff that FONV, and there's no mod to fix that, but there's plenty to turn it into shoot'n'loot simulator 2016.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Anything that makes choosing perks mean something? Something like skyre/sperg/requiem maybe?

Uhh what else... anything that makes the game harder that's not just tacking on a larger health bar (legendary monsters are a bad mechanic). Sky UI equivalent as well as a racemenu thats usable. Oh and probably more realistic guns but i assume they're easy to find.

Falcon2001 posted:

Yeah, that's basically the question. The thing that bugs me most about the game is the lack of the roleplaying stuff that FONV, and there's no mod to fix that, but there's plenty to turn it into shoot'n'loot simulator 2016.

It really annoyed me when they announced they're remastering skyrim instead of NV.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Due to the GECK still being in beta perk mods are sort of up in the air, a goon is making a roleplay friendly one where perks are organised together in a tree relating to character types! he should post about it in this thread soon I expect.

Also, I assume you missed the introduction of survival mode which dropped just before the GECK? as for the guns, check the first few posts of the OP.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

huh? kinda nuts that it's still in beta. isnt it the same engine as skyrim?

Thanks, by the way.

Dongicus fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 27, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dongicus posted:

Anything that makes choosing perks mean something? Something like skyre/sperg/requiem maybe?

Uhh what else... anything that makes the game harder that's not just tacking on a larger health bar (legendary monsters are a bad mechanic). Sky UI equivalent as well as a racemenu thats usable. Oh and probably more realistic guns but i assume they're easy to find.

It really annoyed me when they announced they're remastering skyrim instead of NV.

Not to be a jerk but those are really generic complaints. Choosing a perk means something because it gives you more options. Do you mean being locked out of certain perks by choosing others?

There is a super mutant and raider overhaul that makes both groups more diverse and significantly more difficult (especially early on).

There are plenty of mods that change spawn rates and sizes. You could go whole hog and use War of The Commonwealth and set it to max. It would be a constant warzone but we don't know what type of "harder" you want.

Rule Breaker let's you set, as a percentage, how much damage you deal and take.

Race menus I have not seen yet but you can RP a ghoul by making your character look hosed up in the creator and taking certain Endurance perks.

There are a million weapon additions and overhauls. Gunplay in this is the best in the series and will only get better as GECK becomes more prominent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Perk mods that allow more interesting character builds instead of +50 percent damage against molerats or w/e. More spawns do sound good.

And my questions been answered because the CK is only in beta for some reason lol.