Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Hope he gets the name Jue viole grace stolen so he can just be Bam forever now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Tipme posted:

Hope he gets the name Jue viole grace stolen so he can just be Bam forever now.

Really? Baam was much more interesting a character as Jue Viole Grace. If there are two things I think are unfortunate in ToG, it's that there are so many cool characters who we never see for extended periods of time (fortunately it looks like this next arc will be changing that), and that Baam is a total wet blanket who would have benefited from some character development after his stint as JVG instead of regressing back into exactly the same person he was pre-JVG.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hirethor posted:

I just hope Baam doesn't forget to go back to finish off his training with the Train Guardian.

I really doubt this is going to happen, at least for the foreseeable future. Baam doesn't really give a poo poo about getting stronger unless it is directly necessary to help his friends (and finishing his training in the hopes that it'll make him strong enough to help his friends in the future isn't really "directly" needed enough for him to choose to do it).

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Shakugan posted:

Really? Baam was much more interesting a character as Jue Viole Grace. If there are two things I think are unfortunate in ToG, it's that there are so many cool characters who we never see for extended periods of time (fortunately it looks like this next arc will be changing that), and that Baam is a total wet blanket who would have benefited from some character development after his stint as JVG instead of regressing back into exactly the same person he was pre-JVG.

That's kind of the point though. He's developed a lot before he entered the tower but overall, the tower has no influence over him. He walks his own path and part of that is denying the fake powers in the tower and his personality is a big part of that.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

I'm wondering if the rice pot will be an excuse to take Baam out of the fight against the name-stealing guy so that other characters get to shine.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Isn't the more important part of the whole JVG thing all the stuff that Baam saw and learned about people in the tower, rather than the powers that FUG gave him?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Rachel's plan: lose to the Kaiser, have Baam start obsessing over him. She'll finally be free.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Shugojin posted:

Isn't the more important part of the whole JVG thing all the stuff that Baam saw and learned about people in the tower, rather than the powers that FUG gave him?

Yeah and it's likely to play a larger role in the future. When he was in the ricepot there was a power behind the firey demon that Bam chose. I interpret the firey demon as the thorn that had been manifesting as a voice in his head prior to the ricepot. And the ricepot guardian was tinking to himself that he hopes Bam will chose the better choice unlike Zahard and his crew.

When Bam thought the maddog guy he finished him off with a special technique that was the same color as his hidden power, this caught the notice of the rankers. And the maddog guy didn't know what it was.

I think what is going to happen on the empty floor when the group is looking for another peice of the thorn is Bam will ultimately reject the thorn inside him in favor of his own power.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Rachel is looking for a thorn, baam will give her his thorn then stomp her crew and move on.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-199/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=280

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
"It's too big" - Hesse, 2016

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-200/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=281

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
You'd think living for several hundred years, people would learn to stop accepting drinks from strangers.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

You'd think living for several hundred years, people would learn to stop accepting drinks from strangers.

Or stop underestimating everyone they meet.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

They're all protected by plot armor anyways and they're pretty much aware of it. Something that I missed from the earlier chapters is the tension and sense of stakes. Now that we know that SIU won't even kill the side characters, a lot of the fun is gone. He even has his own generic superpower bishounen in young Koon dude. Baam's explicitly named as as powerful as Zahard or the other #1 ranker dude and every female falls for him, Koon is invincible (still hasn't lost a fight or gambit.) The characters are still ok though.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

pinegala posted:

Baam's explicitly named as as powerful as Zahard or the other #1 ranker dude

Yeah, but we've always known that. This was never a story about some promising kid who will eventually end up as a mid level manager of Zahard. It's just that Bam hadn't until now.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

PFlats posted:

Yeah, but we've always known that. This was never a story about some promising kid who will eventually end up as a mid level manager of Zahard. It's just that Bam hadn't until now.

Ya that's fine but Baam has never and will never lose a fight. There's no tension. He's morally unambiguous. He'll never hit a situation where he won't get another random power-up. Heck, his allies don't even matter since he'll just shinsu blast through everything. It's poor storytelling.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Baam loses to Rachel pushing him into holes

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-201/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=282

androssi endorsi owns, and laure finally takes part in a fight.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I appreciate Laure.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm surprised Baam remembered about the rice cooker thing and actually decided to return.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Ytlaya posted:

I'm surprised Baam remembered about the rice cooker thing and actually decided to return.

I'm disappointed that whatever happened was entirely off-panel. It gives the author wiggle room to do ~literally anything~ with Baam, and hand-waves away what I think is some of the more interesting stuff behind the lore. Like, who the gently caress is that guy? What does the rice pot do? What the gently caress is up with that poo poo inside our homeboy?

And also what was that crab exoskeleton thing at the start of season 2?

I want answers SIU!

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-202/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=283

Things are perhaps not so simple.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Awww that first panel, alligator is too cute :3:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Bernardo Orel posted:

Awww that first panel, alligator is too cute :3:

Mangator is a true leader of the times.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Shugojin posted:

Mangator is a true leader of the times.

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-203/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=284

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

We've seen Androssi having lost a name but having a backup, could this be a bit of setup for Bam to lose his Viole name?

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
I love how this one station is basically the tower's political structure micro sized.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

nimby posted:

We've seen Androssi having lost a name but having a backup, could this be a bit of setup for Bam to lose his Viole name?

That's almost certainly the entire reason for this arc.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-204/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=285

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!
Good chapter, but best image deserves to be posted here.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Banana Farm. This is the best koreon web comic.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I wonder if this will end with characters powerful enough to topple the tower by sneezing too hard.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The way Tower of God deals with its huge cast of characters actually sort of reminds me of Hunter x Hunter. They're the only two series I can think of that actually succeed at maintaining a large cast and giving the impression of a large world with a bunch of powerful people in it. Sachi Faker is a good example; normally in this genre of comic side characters are always significantly weaker than the main cast and only exist to job out to enemies, but Sachi Faker is actually very strong even if he's not part of the core cast.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Naruto, for all its faults, managed the same. The key is clearly in having the protagonists fight people going though the same "process" (because then you can have statements like "they are incredibly strong [for this part of the process]") rather than fighting a dubious list of ever increasing strength opponents.

Contrast this to DBZ, where stronger opponents are getting asspulled to allow for the series to continue, or Bleach where characters defeated by Ichigo are somehow still consideted super strong even after Ichigo becomes waaaay more powerful.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i really hope endorsi just steals the show and beats kaiser herself.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-205/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=286

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

The single best character in this whole series.

Maizano is #2. :colbert:

Looking forward to this dispute, though I don't really get why Baam can't just win and then give Androssi her name back? It sounds like maybe the Families would still see it as an excuse because she didn't get the name back herself?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Mo_Steel posted:

The single best character in this whole series.

Maizano is #2. :colbert:

Looking forward to this dispute, though I don't really get why Baam can't just win and then give Androssi her name back? It sounds like maybe the Families would still see it as an excuse because she didn't get the name back herself?

Been a few weeks so I don't remember the specifics, but she doesn't just need her name back, she also needs Kaiser's name for that deal with that ranker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm happy that Rak didn't just instantly job to that Arie guy. I also find this plot development kind of interesting.