Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Tautologicus is Baloogan roleplaying as NML imo

Same posting times, same level of drunk, Baloogan is a known roleplayer (Kissinger, possibly Jeb!, Mitt?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Why is Brexit a good idea?

I'm not British so i can't possibly be expected to have a full fledged opinion on this, but they will be able to handle their own immigration policy from now on I think is the largest reason. It may very well end up that everything else may end up the same. Yes I know about the "we might keep the open immigration" quote you posted in the other thread, I don't believe that will happen.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

*looking at another person* "haha I'm willing to bet half of my all my cumulative things that I definitely won't get tired of you"

I mean, respect to people who make that gamble, I'm just not there yet.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

that being said, gently caress polygamy

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Word filter globalism to atlanticism and globalist to atlanticists

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Oiled and Ready posted:

Same posting times, same level of drunk, Baloogan is a known roleplayer (Kissinger, possibly Jeb!, Mitt?)

imo this is your least plausible conspiracy theory yet

did we ever find out who was running the trump gimmick account?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Oiled and Ready posted:

Baloogan at this point would be drunk to the point of having many, many spelling problems.

Actually, has anyone seen him today? :ohdear:

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I still kinda wnat to know who NML 3 and 4 was. I think probably Baloogan, if Kissinger was Baloogan

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Zelder posted:

*looking at another person* "haha I'm willing to bet half of my all my cumulative things that I definitely won't get tired of you"

yeah i don't see why a prenup isn't the default thing for more than just old rich dudes worried about gold diggers

poo poo happens, life isn't a fair tale and "happily ever after" requires constant and a bunch of other factors going your way

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tautologicus posted:

I'm not British so i can't possibly be expected to have a full fledged opinion on this, but they will be able to handle their own immigration policy from now on I think is the largest reason. It may very well end up that everything else may end up the same. Yes I know about the "we might keep the open immigration" quote you posted in the other thread, I don't believe that will happen.

I think I didn't post it, I just applauded it, but fair enough. :v:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Baloogan at this point would be drunk to the point of having many, many spelling problems.

yeah he's over in hitlerchat, we're discussing whether he did wrong

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
man it would be funny if baloogan was actually every single poster itt

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
isn't it a case of like, despite wages being relatively stagnant, quality of life has slowly improved because of cheaper and more accessible goods and services? lower percentage of the population living totally out in the middle of nowhere and migrating to at least the suburbs means food, water, and electricity are less expensive and better quality, said suburban housing is cheap but largely sound, and now broadband internet is basically everywhere which has a positive effect on access to information and options for education along with the ability to work from home more easily. it's a bit more expensive for more people to live but they get more for their money

that's likely a much more complicated and difficult to measure metric over time of course

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

I believe it was Vile

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Gyra_Solune posted:

isn't it a case of like, despite wages being relatively stagnant, quality of life has slowly improved because of cheaper and more accessible goods and services?

if this has happened, people sure don't act like it

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

PleasingFungus posted:

All my plausible conspiracy theories are now fact. The RNC rigged Florida as WTA for Jeb and most of the potential candidates were from states like Ohio or Virginia so they could endorse Jeb/Rubio and get them nominated without a majority, for example. This was done in the rules committee in 2014 and was regarded early last year as Conservative Treehouse insanity, but guess what it is now accepted.

Same with MK Ultra, the extent of the NSA etc. Hindsight is 20/20 and refuses to admit it ever had a vision problem.

Less seriously, of course it is plausible. For fun im gonna do a write up, stay tuned

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gyra_Solune posted:

isn't it a case of like, despite wages being relatively stagnant, quality of life has slowly improved because of cheaper and more accessible goods and services? lower percentage of the population living totally out in the middle of nowhere and migrating to at least the suburbs means food, water, and electricity are less expensive and better quality, said suburban housing is cheap but largely sound, and now broadband internet is basically everywhere which has a positive effect on access to information and options for education along with the ability to work from home more easily. it's a bit more expensive for more people to live but they get more for their money

that's likely a much more complicated and difficult to measure metric over time of course

Housing prices and fuel prices are far higher though. at least we have iphones and youtube i guess

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zas posted:

yeah he's over in hitlerchat, we're discussing whether he did wrong

Where is this?????

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

ballogon isn't everyone, but everyone is acting more like baloopan lately, it's true

Tautologicus posted:

Where is this?????

lol not telling you

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Oiled and Ready posted:

lol

GreyjoyBastard posted:

im about, but like, I only post on SA when i have free time

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Zas posted:

ballogon isn't everyone, but everyone is acting more like baloopan lately, it's true

hell yes

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Zelder posted:

If you think about it, marriage is just like toxxing with higher stakes

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
:toxx: i will love you for ever and ever :toxx:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Baloogan posted:

:toxx: i will love you for ever and ever :toxx:

Mods please ban baloogan if he ever goes 24 hours without posting "I love you" in this thread.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Zelder posted:

we def live too loving long for marriage these days

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx

Zas posted:

divorce is almost as cool as abortion, is there a cool conspiracy theory about that?

Yeah I have a good conspiracy theory on abortion actually. It's kind of off-topic but I've been working on a book about the case so it's been on my mind lately. An anti-abortion protester was killed a few years ago. He was one of those guys who carry very graphic signs and shout at people on street corners. By all accounts very passionate and pretty insane. Anyway, the twist is that his close family members feel like he was just hiding behind the freedom of speech that is given to protesters in order to harass and intimidate young women.

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2009/09/james_m_pouillon_criticizes_fa.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jim_Pouillon

quote:

Again, my dad didn't care about abortion. He wanted to hurt people, upset people. He enjoyed making people suffer.

His goal was to be shot on a sidewalk. His goal was to make someone so angry, to make them feel so terrorized, to make them feel the only way they could make him stop was to kill him.

His pro-life stance was the most perfect crime I personally know of. He hid behind the 1st Amendment and was allowed to stalk, terrorise, harass, be obsene, ect. These things are crimes. Offending people isn't a crime, and having different political views isn't a crime, but he committed several crimes over the last 20 years and got away with it.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That's not really a conspiracy theory so much as a reminder that there are a lot of miserable and hateful people out there who wrap their depression in the vague gauze of political causes to give their lives some semblance of meaning.

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx
So I guess it's more appropriate to the thread than I thought.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

mental illness is a thing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Defiance posted:

So I guess it's more appropriate to the thread than I thought.

D&D is the political wing of clinical depression.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_abuse_of_psychiatry

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This "does life have meaning or not?" dichotomy is a real awful trap to fall in and I hate to see it in so many places around the internet, if only because it takes so much intellectual and even emotional energy to counteract. People don't do things to "give their life meaning", no. What they do is the meaning. There's no other life other than what you're doing right now. As if there's a portion of you that is added to or taken away by your actions towards helping it. Depression is also too pat and trivial, as if one can't invent one's own circumstances for their melancholy or despair and so on. No, of course it has to be someone else's circumstances and someone else's means of addressing. If you can't define your own circumstances in your darkest moments then how do you expect to experience any kind of personal catharsis or "lifting of weight" when you're feeling better. If you're still under the spell of your psychiatrist, therapist, doctor, or support group. The way in which you define your surroundings is the way in which you determine what choices you have.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
You have been told, O mortal, what is good,
and what the Lord requires of you:
Only to do justice and to love goodness,
and to walk humbly with your God.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's you who decides, the whole way through. When you give agency to another in fixing you emotionally, you've signed your own life away. It's all power structures. People become doctors and psychiatrists to have power. Not in a nefarious sense but a benign sense. Believing they are helping is power. And if you keep coming back, that's the power relationship (by definition unequal) cemented.

This has nothing to do with the GOP thread but it does....uh, no...no it doesnt

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Baloogan posted:

You have been told, O mortal, what is good,
and what the Lord requires of you:
Only to do justice and to love goodness,
and to walk humbly with your God.

And I set my mind to seek and explore by wisdom concerning all that has been done under heaven. It is a grievous task which God has given to the sons of men to be afflicted with. 14I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. 15What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Tautologicus posted:

And I set my mind to seek and explore by wisdom concerning all that has been done under heaven. It is a grievous task which God has given to the sons of men to be afflicted with. 14I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. 15What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted.

Light is sweet! and it is pleasant for the eyes to see the sun. However many years mortals may live, let them, as they enjoy them all, remember that the days of darkness will be many. All that is to come is vanity.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
We have a little sister;
she has no breasts as yet.
What shall we do for our sister
on the day she is spoken for?
If she is a wall,
we will build upon her a silver turret;
But if she is a door,
we will board her up with cedar planks.
I am a wall,
and my breasts are like towers.
I became in his eyes
as one who brings peace.

And mexico will pay for it

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Amen

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx
I guess the question for me that springs to mind from all of this, and it's a question that's marginally more on-point, is how much of modern political discourse is being driven by mental illness? Is Milo acting out because he genuinely believes in the cause or is he compelled to become the center of attention because of some deeper underlying personal problem? Same goes for Trump.

Is there a line that either of them could cross that would get them 5150'd? Where is the line?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
On this note, a short bit of what I consider to be genuine Hebrew prophecy from navi avshalom from this very forum

http://bookofariel.com/

• Locked thread